• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

ran into so many insanely high point teams on this arena run that even though I switched to my cavalry team for the final round (got 682 points), I ended up with 4822 which is my highest score ever. Hopefully enough to get into T20, if not, oh well that was the last match I needed to finish the orb quest. And I'm fucking done getting trolled by my 7th match, it happens EVERY TIME.

Me too, hopefully it stands. Dropped like 300 spots today, in by 1800 or so spots with 2 days left, gonna be tight.

Crazy if 4822 is good for T20, it begins to be "low". It was around 4856 last season. Really wonder how low it will go.

We know the current cutoff to stay in T20? I am in the tier but I did not bother trying beside getting 4000 points for reward. Now I wonder if I could have stayed if I tried.

Crazy if 4822 is good for T20, it begins to be "low". It was around 4856 last season. Really wonder how low it will go.

We know the current cutoff to stay in T20? I am in the tier but I did not bother trying beside getting 4000 points for reward. Now I wonder if I could have stayed if I tried.

Two weeks ago the 19->20 cutoff was 4830 or so, that wave is just notably weaker.

As for holding in tier 20 this week, you'd need like 4950+, so uh....probably don't bother.

Are they ever going to give Light's Blessings for quests again? It seems like it's been ages since they've had any way to acquire them other than My Nintendo.

lt519

Not surprised it's lower, the bonus characters are kind of weak right now and if you aren't running horse emblem you probably didn't 5* Camus.

Can't imagine many teams are running optimally right now.

Would a few people mind adding me as a friend for the upcoming gauntlet?

My friend code is 1119900180

I won't be of much help if you don't join Team Elise. :p All the same, eh, I've got the room, so...

-

Own stuff, if anyone's interesting in adding me.

Team: Elise
Name: Techno
ID: 7116245381
Leader: Depending on how quickly it updates, Elise or Cecilia. Bring Hone Cavalry; have Gronnblade+. ;)

Or if you're choosing Team Sakura...

ID: 9447281487
Name: VincentASM
Leader: Currently Sakura, but will swap to Bride Cordelia or something else later.

Sushen

Getting 4800 turns out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. Not only I need to have a perfect run, I need to shop around for higher scores. I've done 2 perfect runs without shopping around this afternoon, only got 4770s...darn it.

Ninferno

Kudos to you guys for constantly keeping the tier list up to date; it's looking good.

It's almost hilarious to see Firesweep lance pumping up all these lancers. UnfortunatelyFortunately, the New Mystery banner is generally overlooked (according to app charts, for once I want to thank Nintendo for not releasing New Mystery, a very good game outside of Japan) so we are probably safe from a Firesweep lance flooded arena aside from the realm of whales.

Also fortunate is the lack of lance cavalries with great offense. With 3 movement, firesweep lance, and buffs, they would have been pain in the asses to meet in the arena. Roderick and Peri alike actually have solid offense; thank god they either have low exposure or popularity. And Camus is already a big problem even before firesweep lance, and few people will give up Gradivus.

Roman

Kudos to you guys for constantly keeping the tier list up to date; it's looking good.

It's almost hilarious to see Firesweep lance pumping up all these lancers. UnfortunatelyFortunately, the New Mystery banner is generally overlooked (according to app charts, for once I want to thank Nintendo for not releasing New Mystery, a very good game outside of Japan) so we are probably safe from a Firesweep lance flooded arena aside from the realm of whales.

Also fortunately is the lack of lance cavalries with good offense. With 3 movement, firesweep lance, and buffs, they would have been pain in the ass to meet in arena. Roderick and Peri alike actually have solid offense, thank god they either have low exposure or popularity. And Camus is already a big problem even before firesweep lance, and few people will give up Gradivus.

We've considered the cavalry lance users but the real strong viability in fliers comes from being able to combine Reposition, Firesweep and Hit and Run to a maximum degree of safety, almost rendering the opposing sets irrelevant.

Cavalry is particularly hindered in their usage of Hit and Run (or Drag Back for that matter) due to most terrain being impossible to move onto.

lt519

Looks like we're gonna be safe at 4822 Mupod, top 50% of those going to T20 still. Wonder what the actual cutoff is, looking like my 4808 might have been in play.

Mupod

Looks like we're gonna be safe at 4822 Mupod, top 50% of those going to T20 still. Wonder what the actual cutoff is, looking like my 4808 might have been in play.

I'm still shocked I managed to get such a high score. Camus should have lower value than Sharena but I usually posted around 4810 with her, and this run was even doing one match with a full cavalry squad for a measly 682 points. Looking forward to actually being able to relax next week. I'll probably do the bare minimum in the voting gauntlet and play a lot of Fate Grand Order.

We've finally released another major tier list update of the Gamepedia list.

There are explanations to all the changes but I'll also be available both in this thread and in our Discord server to answer questions.

Hm. Maybe I should try and make a case for Cecilia. She's unexpectedly become my strongest unit, and she's one of the few that can withstand QP/moonbow Rein.

Y'know, I've always thought the freebie units weren't locked to neutral natures, but locked to their optimal one. Like, imagine neutral Alfonse has 46 HP which is just far too much, but the one you're given is -HP.

...Not that it changes the fact that Laslow and Chrom can do Alfonse's schtick better. Poor guy. :( At least he'll forever be an Arena bonus unit 1/3rd of the time~

Hmm, I thought Peri and a couple others were lower rated than the A rank I see in that tier list. She is getting a lot of use as a generally solid lance user, running around both for cleanup on swords and to help low-res units endangered by mages. She has best laugh too ("Mwah heh hahhhh!").

Plus Beruka and Bartre A...hmm. I actually have an ideal +ATK 4/40 Cherche but I tend to avoid the easy choice lol (eh, still probably upping Cherche when I feel like letting those feathers go). Roy and Palla going up to A is nice to hear as well.

I'm still shocked I managed to get such a high score. Camus should have lower value than Sharena but I usually posted around 4810 with her, and this run was even doing one match with a full cavalry squad for a measly 682 points. Looking forward to actually being able to relax next week. I'll probably do the bare minimum in the voting gauntlet and play a lot of Fate Grand Order.

BST doesn't really matter that much, certainly not to the point where Camus' -3 BST relative to Sharena is costing you.

Mupod

BST doesn't really matter that much, certainly not to the point where Camus' -3 BST relative to Sharena is costing you.

I didn't specify, but it was mainly because he's got rank 2 skills in A and B. So yeah, he's not much lower, but it was still a crazy run. Lots of 692 which I usually only face when they have a 4*+10. Maybe those are getting more common.

champloo

Meh.. all these new skills that can only be obtained with 5* pulls, which only means I'll be fighting tougher enemies in the arena. I've been running basically the same team for 3 months, while trying to counter the evolving meta.

lt519

Yeah, I'm gonna take it easy in T20, grab my 4k and run. I've got almost 60k feathers to so I'm not in a rush to do the guantelt quests either. Gonna try out FGO myself. Just started playing PAD so I don't get tempted to buy orbs for something to do in FE:H. I'm starting to plan out my flier team but that's about it.

I'll definitely do all the arena quests though to get those dueling swords and stamina pots.

Spoit

I mean, even only a lvl 2 version of those would probably be useful. If the enemy team is going to miscalculate the ORKO, it's not going to only take 25% of his health off, (or whatever the trigger condition is)

Thanks. I'll consider it, but my OCD is struggling to let me run LV2 Vantage (especially since I only have one Gordin left). lol

I'm willing to wait to get a LV3 at some point, but in the meantime throw any kind of useful common B-slot.

Hah. Guess I should have googled it earlier. Apparantly this is a heavily debated subject.

Ninferno

That's why my Bridelia team includes Nino. Between the two, they cover most of the ground.

Oh yeah, how about this:)
sophia_zpspky2g70n.png

Kain

What's a recommended B-slot for Hector?

Not counting Vantage, Wings of Mercy, G Tomebreaker

Mine has renewal and it works like a charm. 10 HP every two turns for Hector is HUGE for a tank like him. You will still be killed by red mages who can two-shot you, but except from that...

Lelou

here we go again.
Many days without any update and nothing new to do (or even just nothing to do at all).

I hope that tomorrow they will really put something on the table, because the voting gauntlet literally nothing and worst mode in game in my opinion.

here we go again.
Many days without any update and nothing new to do (or even just nothing to do at all).

I hope that tomorrow they will really put something on the table, because the voting gauntlet literally nothing and worst mode in game in my opinion.

While I somewhat sympathise, we literally got the Heroes with Fury banner today. Plus there's the Voting Gauntlet starting tomorrow as you mentioned.

Voting Gauntlets have their flaws, but I feel like they provide at least a decent amount of entertainment so long as you engage in the community a bit more.

Once the Voting Gauntlet is over, we'll get another new banner. Then sometime in July, there's the 1.5.0 update, which probably is more minor QoL updates, but it could be something to look forward to.

Heroes with Fury but no Hinata?

Look at it this way:
You already get a shot at 3* Hinata rolling red.
You already get a shot at 4* Hinata too.
But instead of a shot at 5* Hinata, you get an improved shot at Lachesis' onii-chan~☆

The odds of getting Fury fodder from red is the same. All a matter of whether or not you can break Lachesis' heart.

Mupod

Maybe because he had a banner fairly recently? Or maybe they wanted a single Fury hero of each color that had a Fury hero? Or maybe they want to keep skill banners at three heroes each?

Idk that's how I see it, at least.

I'm guessing it's the 3 heroes thing.

A 5* Hinata would allow me to finish off Olivia all at once, but that's not terribly critical. If the next banner sucks I'll be trying for Eldigan both for red fodder and to improve my own -atk Eldigan.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Finally finished a run with Lucina instead of Ryoma to try to get more points. I had two or three runs ruined at the 7th fight this week.

Only 4810, so I don't think I'm going to T20 with that. Oh well.

This new banner is hilarious. Putting Bartre and Jagen on the banner is like giving a participation ribbon as first prize in a contest.

Mupod

still beats the Hawkeye/Fir banner they put up for Robin's GHB, lol.

I used Eldigan quite a bit in the Tempest Trial and grew to appreciate that -1 special on his sword. Distant counter on my red is a bit less useful since G Tomebreaker Cecilia handles other green tomes quite well. Eldigan is also extremely obnoxious on a defense team if you leave Lunge on him and put Wings of Mercy on someone else.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah, that Lunge has ruined a run for me before. And Wings of Mercy is just plain obnoxious in any situation.

We've finally released another major tier list update of the Gamepedia list.

There are explanations to all the changes but I'll also be available both in this thread and in our Discord server to answer questions.
I'm guessing these tiers are decided based on the assumption that all desired SI skills are always readily available? Because while I agree that Firesweep and Distant Counter are game changing, a lot of people outside of whale tiers won't sacrifice those 5* units so readily.

I'm also not sure about Nowi going lower. Most of the argument for her is based on the meta moving towards greens, but I'd argue that reds are actually on their way back in as part of the response to green mages, with Celica and Katarina starting to gain popularity, along with Tharja always being strong. Nowi particularly checks a lot of popular green mage counters like Ryoma and Ike, plus her magic melee attack means she kills powerful-but-low-res units like Camus with Quick Riposte.

Not to mention that Nowi still serves as a versatile tank against reds, greys and blues, especially with defensive tiles. She's still like Hector in that she's great against a large amount of the cast with no 5* SI investments (though I guess " good out of the box" doesn't hold weight with the way this tier list is considered), but easily dies to popular hard counters.

Roman

Yeah, that Lunge has ruined a run for me before. And Wings of Mercy is just plain obnoxious in any situation.

I'm guessing these tiers are decided based on the assumption that all desired SI skills are always readily available? Because while I agree that Firesweep and Distant Counter are game changing, a lot of people outside of whale tiers won't sacrifice those 5* units so readily.

Yes, that is part of that list's definition. We have to tier based on maximum potential, excluding merges.

I'm also not sure about Nowi going lower. Most of the argument for her is based on the meta moving towards greens, but I'd argue that reds are actually on their way back in as part of the response to green mages, with Celica and Katarina starting to gain popularity, along with Tharja always being strong. Nowi particularly checks a lot of popular green mage counters like Ryoma and Ike, plus her magic melee attack means she kills powerful-but-low-res units like Camus with Quick Riposte.

Not to mention that Nowi still serves as a versatile tank against reds, greys and blues, especially with defensive tiles. She's still like Hector in that she's great against a large amount of the cast with no 5* SI investments (though I guess " good out of the box" doesn't hold weight with the way this tier list is considered), but easily dies to popular hard counters.

We do like Nowi a lot and are aware of what she can do. In general we currently keep running into granularity issues, like the S tier red mages (which I disagree with being there) and Nowi. I think a lot of these issues will be mitigated once we introduce another tier level, so that we can put Nowi and Tiki(Y) lower than Fae while still not making the latter S+.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Looking for recommendations for 5* promotions for the following:

Promotion-ready Calvary: Camus, Xander, Ursula
5* I already have: Roderick, Leo, Peri

Promotion-ready Fliers: Cordelia, Catria, Shanna, Subaki, Minerva, Cherche, Claire, Caeda, Palla
5* I already have: Camilla

Promotion-ready mages: Nino, Lilina, Ursula
5* I already have: Julia, Leo, Tharja, Sanaki, Celica, MRobin, Linde, Soren

Promotion-ready armored: Zephiel, Sheena (not even sure what other armored units are worthy)
5* I already have: Hector, Effie

I don't need any more sword infantry-types, so going to avoid promoting them for awhile.

Looking for recommendations for 5* promotions for the following:

Promotion-ready Calvary: Camus, Xander, Ursula
5* I already have: Roderick, Leo, Peri

Promotion-ready Fliers: Cordelia, Catria, Shanna, Subaki, Minerva, Cherche, Claire, Caeda, Palla
5* I already have: Camilla

Promotion-ready mages: Nino, Lilina, Ursula
5* I already have: Julia, Leo, Tharja, Sanaki, Celica, MRobin, Linde, Soren

Promotion-ready armored: Zephiel, Sheena (not even sure what other armored units are worthy)
5* I already have: Hector, Effie

I don't need any more sword infantry-types, so going to avoid promoting them for awhile.

I'm curious with this too. Im pretty much in same dilema.

I'm leaning towards Xander or Zephial because I have teams that would align with them.

5* Rein+Cecilia for Xander, and a 5* Hector+Effie for Zeph. although I'm still trying to hold out for an Ike or Ryoma for my Armor team. I did some research on Xander and he doesn't get his full potential/worth unless he is 5* (because of his autocounter special weapon) so thats what i'm leaning toward the most.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm curious with this too. Im pretty much in same dilema.

I'm leaning towards Xander or Zephial because I have teams that would align with them.

5* Rein+Cecilia for Xander, and a 5* Hector+Effie for Zeph. although I'm still trying to hold out for an Ike or Ryoma for my Armor team. I did some research on Xander and he doesn't get his full potential/worth unless he is 5* (because of his autocounter special weapon) so thats what i'm leaning toward the most.

I have 70K feathers after promoting Kagero and a few 3* to 4* (Olivia's mostly), so I'm ready to promote a few others; leaning towards cavalry unless fliers are better in meta right now. I do hate running into cavalry teams in arena more so than fliers since I have Klein who mops up fliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom