• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

So decided to bite the bullet and take my pony emblem team to Arena, Reinhardt and Cecilia just destroy everything. My old team used to win games mostly with counter attacks and vantage but to be able to ORKO nearly every unit now is nuts.

None of the matches were even close and I never felt like I was going to lose any units with all the Reposition skills. My Rein isn't even finished yet but he's killing everything. I see what I've been missing out on now.

Yeah, Pony Emblem is busted, and will continue to be unless the Ploy passives released in this current Mystery of the Emblem banner become widespread in Arena.

Weebos

Banned
So decided to bite the bullet and take my pony emblem team to Arena, Reinhardt and Cecilia just destroy everything. My old team used to win games mostly with counter attacks and vantage but to be able to ORKO nearly every unit now is nuts.

None of the matches were even close and I never felt like I was going to lose any units with all the Reposition skills. My Rein isn't even finished yet but he's killing everything. I see what I've been missing out on now.

Reinhardt is a monster even outside of Horse Emblem.

Golnei

tumblr_orrnn09xSd1ru6c2do3_1280.png

Sushen

Just pulled 5* def+/res- Maria...blah. I was hoping for Elise but wasn't too serious. I guess, the best part is I got two reposition fodders. Well, that's it for this week's summoning. Where are you Hinata?

Update: LOL on ORKOing tanky Lukas with Bride Cordelia delivering 2 moonbows in one round.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Horses are just overpowered right now, especially with current arena matchmaking. They have low BST so they get matched with weaker units, but they have way more killing power and mobility than any other unit in that same BST.

So you get mobility, utility, firepower, tons of readily available distant counter, readily available cavalry buff fodder, and super favorable arena matchmaking.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is there a sure-fire winner in this gauntlet? I'm not sure how popular these healers are.

Maybe Elise or Sakura?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What positional skill would be great for Camus? Will any of the usual i.e. Reposition, do?

I feel Reposition is the best bet. I actually find Camus isn't pulling much weight in my Arena team, Xander and Reinhardt still take care of the majority of units.

So was Lucina.

to be fair the gap between Lucina and everyone else is far greater than the gap between Sakura and Elise

That being said I'm 99% sure a majority of players don't even really aim for feathers in these gauntlets, so I don't think it matters....though it wouldn't take much of a swing towards Sakura for her to win.

kewlmyc

to be fair the gap between Lucina and everyone else is far greater than the gap between Sakura and Elise

That being said I'm 99% sure a majority of players don't even really aim for feathers in these gauntlets, so I don't think it matters....though it wouldn't take much of a swing towards Sakura for her to win.

Honestly, with the new rules (up to 7.5 multiplyer), the winner of this is extremely unpredictable this time around.

lt519

Blew through maybe 6 crests cherry picking 688+ matches and scored 4822, good for 1170 rank now which is top 3rd of who is moving to T20. Hopefully it holds and is worth the crests. I'm expecting the same arena bounties next week so they should be plentiful.

Final boss was 692 led by Kagero against my horses, I was like:

giphy.gif

Mupod

I was enjoying my vacation from high stat total arena, I forgot what a fucking nightmare this shit is, +5 casters everywhere. Inadvertently or not, seems like people have latched on to the idea of putting rally skills on red units while running Ninian/Azura. Due to certain AI quirks this makes it impossible to try to bait the dancer out with a green because they will just dance whoever rallied them.

One nice thing about running Camus vs Sharena though, is I'm able to use him to draw Ninos away. That saved me already.

I pre-emptively set up Hector with Sacred Cowl and Quickened Pulse in case I run into any Reinhardts using that bullshit. If nothing else he'll be a totem warding them away. Might also help him survive brave bows too. I've already been missing Bonfire though.

So I got 20.000 feathers again and I'm not really sure who to upgrade, these are my current 5* characters and these and these are my 4* units. Nino seems like an obvious choice but I already have a Julia who I really like. I also kind of want to upgrade my Olivia just because I like a golden border around the characters that I use often.
I'm having way too hard of a time with this, what would you guys do?

Draxal

If Sharena in the first gauntlet taught us anything, is that hero availability is not a major factor in choice.

You should have said Alfonse, I just think none of these characters in the current gauntlet are truly that popular (put down your pitchforks TW and Aveyn).

So I got 20.000 feathers again and I'm not really sure who to upgrade, these are my current 5* characters and these and these are my 4* units. Nino seems like an obvious choice but I already have a Julia who I really like. I also kind of want to upgrade my Olivia just because I like a golden border around the characters that I use often.
I'm having way too hard of a time with this, what would you guys do?

Did you have issues getting 4 star Camus or Xander? You have a good horse emblem team with Reinhardt/Elise.

lt519

I was enjoying my vacation from high stat total arena, I forgot what a fucking nightmare this shit is, +5 casters everywhere. Inadvertently or not, seems like people have latched on to the idea of putting rally skills on red units while running Ninian/Azura. Due to certain AI quirks this makes it impossible to try to bait the dancer out with a green because they will just dance whoever rallied them.

One nice thing about running Camus vs Sharena though, is I'm able to use him to draw Ninos away. That saved me already.

I pre-emptively set up Hector with Sacred Cowl and Quickened Pulse in case I run into any Reinhardts using that bullshit. If nothing else he'll be a totem warding them away. Might also help him survive brave bows too. I've already been missing Bonfire though.

I definitely struggled this time, the over abundance of bride Cordelias and Reinhardts teamed together with dancers and breakable wall maps made it quite hard to keep everyone alive for 7 matches. I'm not gonna go for a higher score, costs to many crests to cherry pick. Unfortunately if I miss T20 it'll be easy to get back into T19 but I'll never stay in T20 so I have no incentive to try and increase my BST for next week by merging some more Reins and Xanders. Either way I slice it after next week I'll be back in T19.

Mupod

I definitely struggled this time, the over abundance of bride Cordelias and Reinhardts teamed together with dancers and breakable wall maps made it quite hard to keep everyone alive for 7 matches. I'm not gonna go for a higher score, costs to many crests to cherry pick. Unfortunately if I miss T20 it'll be easy to get back into T19 but I'll never stay in T20 so I have no incentive to try and increase my BST for next week by merging some more Reins and Xanders. Either way I slice it after next week I'll be back in T19.

Yeah I'm fine with dropping to 18. I have a 4786 score now with my cavalry team. But I need 16 wins for the quest anyways and I have many, many crests.

I've done 3 rounds with this team so far and all of them were the nightmare map with defense tiles and breakable walls down the middle. Least it wasn't the boat map vs cavalry/dancer teams...

You should have said Alfonse, I just think none of these characters in the current gauntlet are truly that popular (put down your pitchforks TW and Aveyn).

Don't worry, I'm saving my Pitchforks for FE Echoes. Ba-dum.

Yar, I know the little sisters don't really have "mainstream" appeal like Lucina, Camilla and Tharja.

I do remember Elise, who probably is the most obvious winner here, getting wrecked in the very first gauntlet. It wasn't pretty.

Reposition is a great skill. My Selena gets lots of use because of it and her relatively tanky defense iv. She's like my nuke-protector, pulling Sanaki or Klein out of the way if not engaging the enemy herself. Might feed Barst to someone else who could use it.

IceMarker

I wonder if they'll ever make another use for badges? At the moment, I will never need to acquire any for many months to come at the rate we get feathers.

lt519

Same thoughts here, my Camus has reposition and he's mostly relegated to buffer and repositioning. A lot of my battles go like this.

Rein goes out, demolishes a unit, Camus repositions him back into range of Olivia, Olivia dances Rein, Rein runs in and demolishes another unit, Xander comes in and switches with Rein. That leaves Xander and Camus on the front lines to absorb whatever is left. Usually some variant of that.

Funny enough Mupod mentioned people putting rally on characters. I have Rally Attack on Rein instead of a position move and I'm up to 6 defenses this week. I can't imagine trying to deal with a dancer, rally, reposition, and swap from a horse team on these maps right now. So unpredictable.

Also lancebreaker 3 has been clutch for Rein taking out Azuras on defense tiles.

Mupod

Which should I go for first pony team or flying team?

What are some good characters for each?

flier team requires very specific units like Hinoka to be optimal (only source of Hone Fliers). And the one ranged flier, Spring Camilla, is no longer available. If you've got a +atk Cherche and a spare Brave Axe+ you can start forming a team around her though.

You can make a very competent cavalry team entirely out of free units. Xander, Cecilia, Camus and Ursula is quite solid but requires a ton of feathers as well as Blarblade and Gronnblade tomes. But it's doable by anyone, eventually. I use Eldigan instead of Xander, and I would've used Reinhardt over Ursula if I ever found one. But this team stomped Tempest Trials for me all the way to 100k and finds arena very easy. Just has trouble breaking the 4800 point barrier.

Sushen

Blind faith in color triangle still gets me sometimes. I put Reinhardt in the way of red mage Lili-something and she beat him ruining my deathless run. Oh well, it sucks to lose a unit to a vanilla team after beating other horse teams and bride Cordelia teams.

Roman

Just has trouble breaking the 4800 point barrier.

And that's the gravest knock against it. Even as the biggest advocate of horse emblem in this thread I would always recommend fliers over them if you have the tools.

No BST penalty and very easy defense wins, especially with bridges. They are honestly the real threat in the upper score arena. Firesweep Lance Cordelia is an absolute monster.

Wiseblade

Which should I go for first pony team or flying team?

What are some good characters for each?
If you've done all the GHB events and still have the 1 & 2* daily heroes, you have enough to build a functional Horse Emblem team. Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Ursula can totally work as a team, if you take the Hone Cavalry from your free Gunters and slap them on a couple units.

Blind faith in color triangle still gets me sometimes. I put Reinhardt in the way of red mage Lili-something and she beat him ruining my deathless run. Oh well, it sucks to lose a unit to a vanilla team after beating other horse teams and bride Cordelia teams.

Lilina has the highest attack out of all the mages so it isn't surprising she could blow a hole through him.

kewlmyc

And that's the gravest knock against it. Even as the biggest advocate of horse emblem in this thread I would always recommend fliers over them if you have the tools.

No BST penalty and very easy defense wins, especially with bridges. They are honestly the real threat in the upper score arena. Firesweep Lance Cordelia is an absolute monster.

Only problem with Flying Emblem is that you're stuck with Melee only if you didn't get a Bunny Camilla. Also Hone Fliers is stuck on a 5* only unit.

Mupod

that's the thing though, maybe you won't need 4820+ teams moving forward. 4800-ish will let you bounce between T18 and T19 in perpetuity. This crap 4786 I got has me on the outer edge of moving up to T20 this week which is crazy.

the other thing is right now I'm scared to merge my Hector because I can already barely beat the insane merged teams I fight with my 'high score' squad. If I merged Cecilia and Camus then I'd still stomp everybody. I also have spares of those characters so it's just a matter of feathers. By the time I can merge them up, more players will have entered the upper ranks and I might even be able to get into T20 with this cavalry team (although staying in is impossible). But even if I don't...oh well, I'm cool with 4 orbs every week for almost no effort.

Draxal

Problem with flyer team is the only ranged was a spring time exclusive.

Last night I met a flier with Firesweep + Dragback and that is just an absolutely evil setup

Scum

Same thoughts here, my Camus has reposition and he's mostly relegated to buffer and repositioning. A lot of my battles go like this.

Rein goes out, demolishes a unit, Camus repositions him back into range of Olivia, Olivia dances Rein, Rein runs in and demolishes another unit, Xander comes in and switches with Rein. That leaves Xander and Camus on the front lines to absorb whatever is left. Usually some variant of that.

Funny enough Mupod mentioned people putting rally on characters. I have Rally Attack on Rein instead of a position move and I'm up to 6 defenses this week. I can't imagine trying to deal with a dancer, rally, reposition, and swap from a horse team on these maps right now. So unpredictable.

Also lancebreaker 3 has been clutch for Rein taking out Azuras on defense tiles.
Yep. I can vouch for Lancebreaker 3. 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom