• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Datamining of the new event happening right this moment.

Tobin's art is revealed and a map that is clearly delving into Echoes Act 5 spoilers, so beware.

lt519

Whelp after 17 defenses last week, subbing in 4* Gunter for Titania has resulted in none. So fickle.

I'm tempted to 5* Gunter just to try and get back into T20 but not really worth it :0

explodet

I updated the app from the Google Play store, and the update contains the new modes under Story Maps.

I got squashed by the second team in Squad Assault
(The Nohr Royals)
because I thought I could bring in some C-tier units. That'll learn me.

I have way too many Robins so I'm thinking 4 star +10 is the way to go. Don't have nearly enough crystals to level all these 3 star Robins though. What a pain in the ass.

OVDRobo

What does it mean when you say like +attack

There's a hidden boon/bane system in the game where every character has a bonus to one stat in return for a penalty for another.

If someone says a unit has, for example, +ATK/-DEF, then that means that compared to that character's base stats, the unit will have slightly more attack increasing their capability to kill enemies in one round and slightly less defense meaning they might die to things they wouldn't normally.

Depending on the character and the current arena thresholds, some banes can completely cripple otherwise great characters, while lacking in optimal boons can remove critical chances, like if the enemy Hector would die if you had one more point of attack on a unit.

You can use this calculator to check the boon/bane of your character at level 1 and 40, or if they're above 20 if they're below 5 star by using the 'unlock potential' menu in-game and cross-comparing the stats of your character against those listed for the matching star value. Note that special effects such as those on weapons (brave lances giving SPD -5), as well as the attack value of the weapon a character has equipped aren't represented in the calculator. So, if you had an Armorslayer sword on a character with an attack value of 8, the in-game display of their attack stat would show it as 16 because the character has 8 base attack then 8 added by the weapon.

Some characters are also neutral, such as those earned through grand hero battles and rarely some that you pull. This basically means that they don't have a boon or bane and have the neutral stats for that character without modification.

It's a little complicated and a system that a lot of people have complaints with, but for the most part you don't need to worry about the system unless you're min-maxing or if you happen to get one of the aforementioned crippling boons that completely destroys a characters effectiveness. For the most part, there are very few things in the boon/bane system that can't be overcome but it's still a hassle.

Squad Assault is annoying with its overinflated stats but at least there is no random anything involved in it.

Should've been worth more than 2 orbs + a HP+3 seal tho :|

DogDude

There's a hidden boon/bane system in the game where every character has a bonus to one stat in return for a penalty for another.

If someone says a unit has, for example, +ATK/-DEF, then that means that compared to that character's base stats, the unit will have slightly more attack increasing their capability to kill enemies in one round and slightly less defense meaning they might die to things they wouldn't normally.

Depending on the character and the current arena thresholds, some banes can completely cripple otherwise great characters, while lacking in optimal boons can remove critical chances, like if the enemy Hector would die if you had one more point of attack on a unit.

You can use this calculator to check the boon/bane of your character at level 1 and 40, or if they're above 20 if they're below 5 star by using the 'unlock potential' menu in-game and cross-comparing the stats of your character against those listed for the matching star value. Note that special effects such as those on weapons (brave lances giving SPD -5), as well as the attack value of the weapon a character has equipped aren't represented in the calculator. So, if you had an Armorslayer sword on a character with an attack value of 8, the in-game display of their attack stat would show it as 16 because the character has 8 base attack then 8 added by the weapon.

Some characters are also neutral, such as those earned through grand hero battles and rarely some that you pull. This basically means that they don't have a boon or bane and have the neutral stats for that character without modification.

It's a little complicated and a system that a lot of people have complaints with, but for the most part you don't need to worry about the system unless you're min-maxing or if you happen to get one of the aforementioned crippling boons that completely destroys a characters effectiveness. For the most part, there are very few things in the boon/bane system that can't be overcome but it's still a hassle.
Thanks a ton. Big help. Now I got to check if I leveled up the right guys ha.

Also these summer heroes aren't coming back are they?

Ninferno

I updated the app from the Google Play store, and the update contains the new modes under Story Maps.

I got squashed by the second team in Squad Assault
(The Nohr Royals)
because I thought I could bring in some C-tier units. That'll learn me.

The exact same thing happened to me; it is so embarrassing. lol

I will wait for more detailed info on enemies and stats before wasting more stamina.

I dropped my main account yesterday because my alt has better core units, but my alt has weaker bench units so Squad Assault is going to pose some serious challenge to me. I actually need to plan my 20 units carefully.

The exact same thing happened to me; it is so embarrassing. lol

I will wait for more detailed info on enemies and stats before wasting more stamina.

It's literally 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1 but with Tempest 7 stats like a 70 HP Chrom. Thankfully no skill bs, they either have nothing or just ones they can learn by default.

Sterok

Squad Assault wasn't that bad aside from the Nohr Royals (Leo of all people was giving me trouble), but it was tense trying to decide who I should use now and who I should hold back. Well, I've got a pretty deep roster, healers are basically free, and counterplay was easy since I could just check the map, so it's definitely manageable.

Ondore

There's a jacked up Xander/Leo duo in map 2, and a 70+ (!) HP Chrom in 4. The final map is Navarre. So, uh, pick a god and pray?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, why are the Normal/Hard versions of Chain Challenge so much stamina? They give only give a small number of feathers.

The Squad Assault is interesting, but the Chain Challenge is basically the worst part of Tempest Trails with no worthwhile reward.

I'm not sure why they think people want to play the same maps over and over. One good challenging map is better than 10 repeats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Squad Assault is interesting, but the Chain Challenge is basically the worst part of Tempest Trails with no worthwhile reward.

I'm not sure why they think people want to play the same maps over and over. One good challenging map is better than 10 repeats.

Lunatic Chain Challenge is a good source of Orbs. 2 Orbs for the 3/5 maps versions, 4 orbs for the 6/10 map versions. 72 Orbs total.

Sterok

Content is content. Most of us have been wanting more endgame stuff to do, and this isn't time limited, so we can just do it at our leisure.

Ninferno

It just came across my mind that if the SoV Tempest's final map is the
Berkut + Rinea
map, then maybe we will have a SoV Tempest 2 with
Duma's Altar
as the final map some time in the future?

As the SoV tempest this time features mostly the Alm party and will probably feature maps from Alm's route, they can certainly do another Tempest later that is more Celica focused. Yes, I just want to have a second Celica banner that badly.

champloo

There's a jacked up Xander/Leo duo in map 2, and a 70+ (!) HP Chrom in 4. The final map is Navarre. So, uh, pick a god and pray?

I did it after a couple failed attempts. Swordbreaker Sanaki saved my life.

Turns out I have too many reds, finished the challenge and I've still got 3 lv40 sword units to deploy, including Olivia.

This Squad Assault mode is pretty fun. it actually forces me to use 20 units, and the interesting part is to figure out the optimal team for each map, while saving stronger units for later maps. Definitely better than Tempest Trial which focuses too much on clear speed.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Squad assault was fun but i thought it was more than one challenge. :( Anyway, wasn't too hard. Saved horse emblem for final map, took a chance on rest with a mix of units that worked.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Most likely there will be a new Squad Assault every few weeks. Maybe even weekly, there is 15 Squad Assault Seal Icons in the files.

I burned some stamina on the squad challenge, mostly from trying to pace myself and save my best units for the last map. Which ended up being one of the easier ones, except for the absolutely absurd speed of the Ninjas, who could double my +spd, fury Ninian and could not be doubled by my +spd, +1, fury, Eirika buffed Nino.

Its going to be a long time before I beat the new lunatic chain missions. I have one very good team, but its a glass cannon operation, so even if I don't make a mistake the super buffed stats mean I can still get cornered and lose a unit or two. I now have a pretty impressive horse emblem. Don't really have a third team. Enough good units I can probably figure something out. But those are some reasonably difficult missions without the stat buffing, like Veronica and Xander in the level with pillars. I guess I'll probably end up trying a healer/dancer setup. Masked Marth/Lucina healer couldn't keep up with the damage output on my first run (on the hardest of them all, to be fair)

Hopefully the Tempest Trials level is a hint as to the next Hero Battle. Looks like even with the data mine they don't know if Tobin has any skills yet.

Krorg

I like chain challenge. It's fun trying different teams and using some of the less popular characters without having to worry about scoring. Ten battles are a bit much though.

Busaiku

Chain Challenge Chapter 9-10 Part 3 is driving me nuts.
I have no shot at it.

This is 10x harder than Lunatic Tempest Trials or Squad Assault 1.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why are there so many reds in Squad Assault.

Because there are a ton of Reds in the game at release, and Squad Assault is just the first map of the first five chapters.

Chain Challenge is making me hate the AI even more, they refuse to move on so many maps until you put a unit in their attack range, and then on some maps random clusters won't move until you are in their range.

redcrayon

10 battles for 3 teams when HP isn't restored is ridiculous.
If you take a healer and a dancer you've usually got a turn in which to patch people up at the start or when there's only one enemy left. It's not a mode that favours all-out aggression the way arena does.

spiritfox

Finally beat Squad Assault. I realised that all my viable blues are concentrated in my main parties so I quickly ran out of them for my other parties.

Speaking of blues, I keep pulling blues but I keep getting trash. Not even an Odin for Moonbow.

redcrayon

Squad assault was cool, took me a couple of goes to get it right. Being able to see the enemies in advance and then assign units to beat the map while conserving stronger units for later on is a nice idea, made me deploy lots of my weaker 5* units that I haven't used in a while.

Chain challenge is a cool source of orbs to chip away at too.

Ninferno

After the humiliating defeat to the Nohrian Scums (like mentioned before, for some reason I thought it would to be ok to bring in a 4* D-team for the second map of a series and got shocked), I did Squad Assault in one try after examining the story chapters it is based on carefully, planning what units to use in each map accordingly, and calculating what buffs I will need to ensure crucial ORKOs when I got to see enemy stats.

It is actually quite a fun ride and it is refreshing compared to the brute force sfuffs such as Tempest and Chain. While the 20 units thing put me into huge disadvantage (this former alt account I'm now using was started about a month or two after launch so its box is not as deep), it feels really satisfying to mange the limited resource I have in hand, realize everybody's potential, and emerge victorious in the end. I guess it sort of resembles a... war game rather a battle sim? I must be crazy.

Anyway, I think this is a good addition even though it could also be seen as merely a re-arrangement of the existing content. I vastly prefer this over Tempest, because screw grinding.

Chauzu

Also, why are the Normal/Hard versions of Chain Challenge so much stamina? They give only give a small number of feathers.

Well, 1000 feathers per 100 stamina on Normal is a very worthwhile reward for days with no other stuff to spend stamina on. I will be saving them for later, but they will help to ensure you can promote a 5* every 1-2 weeks.

As for new modes: Squad Assault was a fun challenge. Underestimated it the 1st time and lost, made it the 2nd time. Chain Challenge isn't hard if you have made a proper team for Tempest Trials, except maybe Lunatic 9&10, which I'll try another day. For now I'll try and get enough orbs for another full summon.

spiritfox

The problem I have with Squad Assault is the immediate failure when I lose a unit, even when it's the last map. I underestimated the res of those thieves.

Sölf

May as well post it here.

So, I am using an emulator, Nox to be exact. I logged into the game, still version 1.4 and then realized that 1.5 is already out. I downloaded the game using APKure to update to 1.5 and now whenever I try to login I get to the first loading screen and then the game closes itself.
I doubt I was banned, since I could play normally with the 1.4 version and then a ban would have had to happen in the few minutes after I closed 1.4 and updated to 1.5. I already uninstalled the game completely reinstalled it, the problem is still there.
Any suggestions? Has some else the same problem since the update? I sadly am forced to play it using an Emulator since I just have no space for the game on my phone (aside from it not having enough RAM).

linkent

Sölf;242629077 said:
May as well post it here.

So, I am using an emulator, Nox to be exact. I logged into the game, still version 1.4 and then realized that 1.5 is already out. I downloaded the game using APKure to update to 1.5 and now whenever I try to login I get to the first loading screen and then the game closes itself.
I doubt I was banned, since I could play normally with the 1.4 version and then a ban would have had to happen in the few minutes after I closed 1.4 and updated to 1.5. I already uninstalled the game completely reinstalled it, the problem is still there.
Any suggestions? Has some else the same problem since the update? I sadly am forced to play it using an Emulator since I just have no space for the game on my phone (aside from it not having enough RAM).
Seems like they decide to ban all rooted/jailbroken devices.
Game just crashed at the beginning loading too on my jb ios.
If it is like FateGO, it gonna be bad for ios user.
Emulator should have some fix later.
Really sad that i have just completed my Summer Frederick and also made a +2 Brave lance Effie :(

Sölf

Seems like they decide to ban all rooted/jailbroken devices.
Game just crashed at the beginning loading too on my jb ios.
If it is like FateGO, it gonna be bad for ios user.
Emulator should have some fix later.
Really sad that i have just completed my Summer Frederick and also made a +2 Brave lance Effie :(

Yeah, I just found this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...6/possible_psa_for_ios_jailbroken_users_v150/

So... can I hope that a fix will come soon? If not, I am basically done with this game since I can't play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom