• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2017-07-05-18-49-07.png

Welp guess I'm ready-ish for Tempest now

MicH

The Chain Challenge SP farming trick is freaking fantastic. Almost done with Hector now, training Mae at the same time is helpful since I need her for TT and she'll take out the reds.

Also real good experience for my Elise

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the auto battle in this game sucks unless you are OP for the map, I just tried it and the AI put my Camilla in range of archers lol wtf!

Mupod

my level 40 roster is so diverse that squad assault was pretty easy for me, although I just looked up who was on the maps ahead of time.

first map: hawkeye killed jagen, subaki soloed the other two. Actually got a little hairy because I had to protect my two shit throwaway units from that Caeda.
second map: -atk nowi vs xander, -atk roy vs camilla, -atk peri vs leo. -atk squad prevails, ended up trapping Leo with Peri and slowly chipping him down.
third map: dancer and TA2 MRobin + Nino rolled over it.
fourth map: I used my 'high stat' arena team with Linde, Hector etc. Felt like overkill.
fifth map: saved horse emblem for this so I didn't even need a strategy.

kinda fun, would like to see more of these.

MicH

Woo! Finished my first unit with skill inheritance :D It's Hector! Decided to go with WoM over Vantage because that skill is just amazing. Makes him able to fly right over to a unit with low health. Can't wait to use him for real.

7b0ZZYxl.jpg

Really happy about the outcome. Now to finish up Mae (for TT) and Ike. Then I'll probably work on summer Robin since I got a +ATK one.

Mupod

fuck, my friend plays on an emulator and he can apparently no longer run the game. That's such bullshit, what do they even gain from this?

champloo

Stupid Cordelia proccing Galeforce in one round ruined my Arena run..

It make me wanna build something around Galeforce myself, like Quick Pulse Minerva, who can have Galeforce ready very quickly. I wish I have a Minerva

lt519

Took four tries on savage assault, didn't know you couldn't have anyone die (Xander ate up Hinoka) and then I tried to set up an easy first round to save units costing a couple deaths (RIP 4* Raven):

1: 4* Legion (one shots Jagen), 4* Subaki (swaps with Legion and tanks), 4* Sanaki, 4* Navarre
2: Eirika (for Camilla), Nowi (for Xander), Linde (for red horse/healer), Maria to heal up Linde
3: Robin (tank archer then reds), Julia (kill blue horse), Olivia, Roy (tank Red horse with Robin)
4: Azura, Nino, Kagero, Marth (this was easy Nino and Kagero wrecked)
5: Titania, Reinhardt, Camus, Xander (can't stop these horses)

Did it blind, Level 3 came the closest to wiping but I would have just adjusted. Excited for Assualt 2. Had Fae, Jaffar, Lachesis, Hinoka and Lucina still on the sideline, could have gone one more map.

Lol just read yours Mupod, ended up with similar teams the first two maps, easy to plan for them when you've seen them, did 3-5 on the first go by just having multicolor.

+3HP seal, that's it? Lame.

Got around to leveling up my +res -spd Bride Cordelia and I'm trying to decide what to do with her now. My only other ranged options are +hp -spd Leo and +res -def Lilina, so she seems like a better choice than those two, but idk.

I guess the other option is just fuck it an double up blues with Beach Robin and Nowi or double up reds with Lucina and Ryoma.

bigzgod

people posting pics of 3x5* on their first summon and i'm like...

It's because nobody posts pictures of shitty pulls. It might seem like everybody except you is lucky but you're seeing a disproportionate amount of really good pulls vs. average or crap pulls that most users get.

Sölf

fuck, my friend plays on an emulator and he can apparently no longer run the game. That's such bullshit, what do they even gain from this?
I already posted this yesterday, as I have the same problem. The update apparently killed emulators, rooted and jailbroken devices. I can luckily play on my fathers tablet for now, but ydah, it sucks big time.

Vena

Sölf;242712723 said:
I already posted this yesterday, as I have the same problem. The update apparently killed emulators, rooted and jailbroken devices. I can luckily play on my fathers tablet for now, but ydah, it sucks big time.

I'm on (deep) rooted with a completely unlocked bootloader. Playing just fine.

_Legacy_

The Chain Challenge SP farming trick is freaking fantastic. Almost done with Hector now, training Mae at the same time is helpful since I need her for TT and she'll take out the reds.

Also real good experience for my Elise

What's the trick? I must have missed it.

What's the trick? I must have missed it.

Just realized Chain Challenge can be the new best way to farm SP (and to a lesser extent, EXP and HM). While like story chapters, they yield half SP and EXP after the 1st clear, surrendering at the last map apparently does not constitute a "clear". If you take a 10-battle Chain Challenge (which costs 30 stamina), beat the first 9 maps then back out, you retain the SP, EXP, etc. gain for the 9 maps you have beaten. When you repeat the process, since you haven't technically "beaten" this chain challenge, you still get 3 SP per kill instead of 1. And the 10-battle Chain Challenges at normal difficulty conveniently have the enemies at 4* around lv35, which is just perfect to grind for your 5* lv40 units as the enemies are low level enough to be auto-battled by your OP units while still above the threshold to yield SP.

We don't know when IS will (or even, if they will) patch this, but I'm leaving normal Chapters 1 & 2 Chain Challenge "unbeaten" for the time being (and maybe 9 & 10 too, for its reinforcements, but the trade-off is the higher difficulty). I won't go all in to grind SP just yet, but it is certainly nice to have something that can come in handy in the time of need. We are talking about 30 stamina for 9 auto-battle level of easy maps featuring weakish lv 35 enemies. It will be crazy with weekend SP bonus.

here

Ryoma/Saizo/Frederick/Olivia was the winning combo of the Alm & Celica Infernal Bond map, with Poison Dagger+ Saizo being the MVP. Feels like that map requires a really particular type of unit.

Spoit

It's because nobody posts pictures of shitty pulls. It might seem like everybody except you is lucky but you're seeing a disproportionate amount of really good pulls vs. average or crap pulls that most users get.

Sure they might not post pics, but why aren't people bitching about not pulling anything. Like I just did 10 pulls, and all I got were worthless healers and daggers, nothing that's even good SI fodder

Roman

To nobody's surprise Horse Emblem beat Infernal on first try for me - it still feels like cheating. Tried to pull Clair and got Shanna and Oboro instead. Oh well.

Spoit

I am bad at horse emblem. Celica demolishes Either xander or cecillia if she gets in range of them, and the wall is in the way to get reinhardt in range of her, without someone pulling

spiritfox

Sure they might not post pics, but why aren't people bitching about not pulling anything. Like I just did 10 pulls, and all I got were worthless healers and daggers, nothing that's even good SI fodder

I've been bitching here for the last few days man. F-robin continues to elude me.

Had a decent stash of orbs. Decided to pull a couple times on a whim for Genny with Klein as a backup hope for Death blow. Third summon session had 4 colorless, nothing but trash, but pulled 20 orbs from my stash. Decided one more pull to see if pity rate helped. 5 star Rebecca (mediocre IV, mediocre unit) on first pull, decide to finish the 20 since my pity rate was busted, and nothing but more trash.

And that's how a dumb person blows 58 orbs. Still sitting on 54, with plenty of chain quests left and more opportunities coming. But hopefully the abuse of the last 230 orbs resulting in 1 good and 1 mediocre 5 stars I can discipline myself and also maybe earn some pull Karma.

champloo

Ryoma/Saizo/Frederick/Olivia was the winning combo of the Alm & Celica Infernal Bond map, with Poison Dagger+ Saizo being the MVP. Feels like that map requires a really particular type of unit.

I used a similar team with Sophia/Kagero/Frederick/Olivia. Had to give Frederick the Moonbow/Quickened Pulse combo so that he could take out the lance cavalry in one round.

Roman

Wow, Fearless White Blade plays when you fight Alm or Celica.

I've been wanting battle themes from the series in this from day 1.

_Legacy_

So I've been using the SP farm "trick" on the challenges with Summer FRobin, maxed up Lace Valor and she nearly netting 18 SP per round, mine is + SPD -DEF so I've been using her with a healer and dancer. Great way to farm, shame I can't give the skill to a non-lance unit, I'd try pulling for her again.

Once I have all the SP I need, I'll learn a new C slot to replace Valor, probably Savage Blow.

OVDRobo

I was just trying to pull for Lukas because I liked his character in Echoes even if he's lacking in Heroes. I got three 5* Clairs. What the hell. I don't even want them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just pulled 2 Gaius and a Julia. I wanted a Frederick and this is my 2nd Julia. One Julia is -ATK and the other is -SPD.

WHY

Alucrid

Banned
well my summer robin was -atk and my summer tiki is also -atk. at least they don't need to attack to generate SP for other units

spiritfox

Looks like there's another bug where you might not get your login bonus for some reason I don't really understand. But more importantly, compensation.

Sterok

Infernal Alm + Celica was brutal. Took me a dozen tries, but I did have the units to beat them. Ephraim, Nino, Tharja, Cherche. Nino tanked the green mage, who was healed by the peg. Nino needed a Rally Def boost to one round blue mage safely with Desperation. Tharja drew her back to safety. Alm broke the wall, allowing green mage to smack Nino, but Nino's Res + 3, Nino's HP + 3 Seal, Ephraim's Fortify Res Seal, and Tharja's Spur Res 3 allowed her to survive with 2 HP. Next turn Cherche Brave Axed the cav and retreated to safety while Ephraim finished off the green mage while simultaneously choking Alm's point, tanking him. Only Nino was in position to get Ephraim's boost however. Then with precise positioning Tharja nuked the peg and Cherche Brave Axed Celica in the face with Bonfire, setting her up just right for Nino to finish off Celica with 2 HP to spare. Ephraim tanked the Draconic Aura from Alm. Thanks to Draw Back on my mages I could easily retreat from Alm until my mages were in position to exterminate him.

Very satisfying, especially since I thought I would have to give my Celica Quick Riposte in order to have a chance, but I managed it without any additional skill inheritance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom