• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sense

Special map on infernal wasn't too bad this time around. Beat it on second try but you probably need sanaki to bait the green mage plus she tanks pretty well against the red mage as well.

My team - sanaki, bridal Cordelia, Nino and Azura. Azura is a really good tank for that red mage as well if needed.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Special map on infernal wasn't too bad this time around. Beat it on second try but you probably need sanaki to bait the green mage plus she tanks pretty well against the red mage as well.

My team - sanaki, bridal Cordelia, Nino and Azura. Azura is a really good tank for that red mage as well if needed.
I don't have either to tank. :(

bVmY3Ze.png
Blazing Light OP~ Can't get Ragnarok'd if Celica's not at full HP~

I'm actually surprised by how many times I've managed to catch multiple opponents in Blazing Light. \Enemy formations outside of the arena seem to be much more prone to accidentally setting this kind of thing up.

Can I get suggestions for Olsen setup, please?

Olwen wants moar speed, moar powah. (Life and Death, Desperation, Luna)

Replace Sanaki with Olivia and that was my team.

I had Nino tank the two mages to begin the battle.

Barely made it out alive, but a victory is a victory.

champloo

Turns out Leo is excellent on this BHB. With Brynhildr he can pin those melee units so that they get stuck behind the wall, while using savage blow to chip away their hp, and disarming Ragnarok. He also has the res to tank the mages, just need to bring a healer.

parasight

Hoarded 200 orbs in the last few weeks so decided to spend some to try and pull a Genny to feed to my Elise. 100 orbs later, I just have a 5* Maria to show for it... Great

Bovine

Neo Member
Took a few tries but my Flier team (Spring Camilla, Hinoka, Cordelia, Palla) was able to take out Infernal. Feels good to beat an Infernal map! (Didn't bother with Legion or Clarisse)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can't even do the Lunatic version of the new map with my Cavalry Team, going to have to try some other stuff. I feel like I really need a good Red Mage to take on the map, but don't think I have any that would be suitable.

Roman

Can't even do the Lunatic version of the new map with my Cavalry Team, going to have to try some other stuff. I feel like I really need a good Red Mage to take on the map, but don't think I have any that would be suitable.

G Tomebreaker on Cecilia practically helps her clear half the map even on infernal.

Infernal BHB was tough until I realized a Hone and fortify pony buffed Camus with Fury + Vantage
on the first right defensive tile can survive the attacks from the green mage and lancer. After that I just needed someone to heal (Elise on one account) or reciprocate (Xander) Camus and wittle down the remaining enemies.

DogDude

What's a bound hero battle and why don't I get heroes for it? :(

Also do they ever change up the daily hero battle? It's also the same 7 or so battles and I've beaten them all already and they don't give me the heroes again for beating it.

What's a bound hero battle and why don't I get heroes for it? :(

Also do they ever change up the daily hero battle? It's also the same 7 or so battles and I've beaten them all already and they don't give me the heroes again for beating it.

A neutral 3* Celica from BHB would have been really cool.

Took me several tries to get the right teams in order but Squad Assault was pretty fun ultimately. Xander and company on the second stage was the main one that had me juggling team members more than the others.

Xetherion

holy crap. leveling up an athena i got and sword exp is an amazing skill.

I never use the exp skills. The faster you level up the less SP you get from the easy lower level enemies.

Now the SP+ skills on the new swimsuit units on the other hand, are freaking awesome. Double SP!

I never use the exp skills. The faster you level up the less SP you get from the easy lower level enemies.

Now the SP+ skills on the new swimsuit units on the other hand, are freaking awesome. Double SP!

EXP skills are great for leveling up units for skill inheritance promotion purposes, though. But yeah, not so great for units you're trying to build.

Busaiku

The Infernal map was a lot tougher for me.
My Titania doesn't have enough SP for Distant Counter yet, so I couldn't reliably use my Horse team.
Had to put Hone Attack on Ryoma so he could buff Soren enough to 1 round the Blue units.

Chain 9 & 10 is pretty ridiculous. I might have a shot if I could field three good teams instead of 2.5. Really wish I could unmerge my Nino and Eirika for this, as I think that would put me over the top. Merric for the final team is a joke.

I can get to chapter 9, around turn 5 before hell breaks loose and I get wiped. You actually get screwed for making it that far. The reinforcements stay on the field and keep spawning immediately when you restart. So if you miss it first try you are probably done.

Biggest problem is even if I make it through I'm not sure I'll have enough strength to beat stage 10 in 6 turns. I think if I get there with at least part of my second team and can kill 1-2 units to soften them for third team I might have a chance.

Also the face when you apparently have a finger slip and don't dance your character out of danger in stage 1 or 2. Twice.

Alucrid

Banned
Chain 9 & 10 is pretty ridiculous. I might have a shot if I could field three good teams instead of 2.5. Really wish I could unmerge my Nino and Eirika for this, as I think that would put me over the top. Merric for the final team is a joke.

I can get to chapter 9, around turn 5 before hell breaks loose and I get wiped. You actually get screwed for making it that far. The reinforcements stay on the field and keep spawning immediately when you restart. So if you miss it first try you are probably done.

Biggest problem is even if I make it through I'm not sure I'll have enough strength to beat stage 10 in 6 turns. I think if I get there with at least part of my second team and can kill 1-2 units to soften them for third team I might have a chance.

Also the face when you apparently have a finger slip and don't dance your character out of danger in stage 1 or 2. Twice.

i just five starred a second reinhardt so now i'm thinking about five starring another camus and xander for a second pony emblem team

MicH

Man, I can't even beat the Lunatic Alm and Celica map. Not having a strong red or green mage is hurting. I guess I am still relatively new with only one SI build. Hopefully I can somehow manage to clear it before it's gone

Mission accomplished. I probably burned four stamina bars. In my defense, at least one of them was entirely because of fat fingering and not attacking or not dancing. So probably around 10 tries to get it right.

My penultimate try I let Merric stay in, thinking with a dancer he could take out the blue cavalry lance. Huge mistake. Wings of mercy Mist kept him alive until Soren could kill him and everything fell apart.

But I managed to beat it with only two teams on my next run. Barely got stage 10 finished on turn 6/6. The key was making my team 1 go deep (obviously). Specifically, this allowed two things. On stage 9/10 i killed two units and injured one before I let myself die before reinforcements started to spawn

That let me take our two more units before reinforcements popped against team 2, and I was able to kill all the top units and play keep away from the red and blue cavalry spawning from the bottom.

The second thing was that I was able to replace my healer with a dancer. My only goal was to beat 9 and kill a unit or two in 10. Would have been impossible for me to finish in 6 turns without a dancer. Much less stressful knowing I had one team left to clean up quickly if needed. The blue cav in the top right won't initiate and he just has too much bulk to kill quickly and not leave the rest of your team vulnerable. But a Hit from Cecilia and two from Reinhardt finished him off.

First team was Masked Marth +1 Renewal healer, Nino +1, Eirika +1, and Lightning Breath Ninian.

Team 2 was Cecilia, Xander, Reinhardt, Azura (replacing Priscilla)

Team 3 would have been Ike, Olivia (4 star), Nowi, and Cherche (Merric benched himself)

Pulled some more on the Summer banner and got another Summer Frederick (+Res/-HP, which is basically a neutral IMO) and Faye. Still not an amazing nature for Frederick, but better than -SPD. And now I have a 40% bonus unit for Tempest.

Who's a better owner of brave axe: Frederick or Legion?
I'd say Frederick. (Particularly if he's +ATK)

Scum

Anyone got Fae? I've got a 4* +ATK -DEF. But I'm not sure if I should move her up to the coveted 5*. I've got another 4* Fae with rubbish IV and I'm just thinking of have 4* + ## instead...

Roman

Anyone got Fae? I've got a 4* +ATK -DEF. But I'm not sure if I should move her up to the coveted 5*. I've got another 4* Fae with rubbish IV and I'm just thinking of have 4* + ## instead...

+Atk/-Def is actually the perfect nature for the anti-mage build that's currently recommended with Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker. She fills a very useful role in the current metagame and depending on how much trouble you have with Reinhardt/Linde/green mages not named Julia, it's definitely worth promoting her - if you are certain to still have viable bonus units for coming weeks.

Merging 4*s is not really worth it here especially since Fae is the only 4* to provide Renewal 3.

Scum

+Atk/-Def is actually the perfect nature for the anti-mage build that's currently recommended with Triangle Adept and G Tomebreaker. She fills a very useful role in the current metagame and depending on how much trouble you have with Reinhardt/Linde/green mages not named Julia, it's definitely worth promoting her - if you are certain to still have viable bonus units for coming weeks.

Merging 4*s is not really worth it here especially since Fae is the only 4* to provide Renewal 3.

Sensational....and speaking of G Tomebreaker and Triangle Adept, I just got 4* Henry and Roy as we speak!

hqdefault.jpg

Cheers, Roman!
pardew.png

Juni_

Yeah why are you expecting to move up with a not fully leveled 4* Alfonse?

You have that many feathers and you're not gonna upgrade Alf for a better score???

You could also upgrade and merge your other characters for more points too.

DogDude

What's the best place for a tier list? I've never done any sort of skill inheriting I need a guide on that too.

Also how come I can't get rid of alfonse to give to reinhardt

Roman

What's the best place for a tier list? I've never done any sort of skill inheriting I need a guide on that too.

Also how come I can't get rid of alfonse to give to reinhardt

I might be biased because I'm on the team that makes it but I think it's fair to say this is the most used tier list. You're welcome to ask any questions on team building in the Discord server linked in the OP of this thread.

You can't use starter units (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna) for inheritance and you can't send them home for feathers.

Roman

i've come to really hate armored units. the lack of mobility just makes them so annoying to work with

Reposition/Swap/Pivot really help with this. If I ever get a second Hector I will probably immediately give Effie Distant Counter without much thought.

Sushen

I've got 50k feathers now, but since I'm so used to saving feathers, I can't make myself to spend it any more, haha.

Ninferno

The lack of unit variety in my former alt account (now my sole account) is causing me quite some trouble in recent contents. I unprecedentedly failed infernal BHB twice in a row when trying to stick to my conventional Reinhardt/Hector/Fury Olivia/Healer team. I hope better banners shows up soon so that I can put my 150 or so orbs into good use and improve my box in meaningful ways. By better banners, I mean banners with good units covering at least 2, preferably 3 or more colors. And by good units, I mean units with combat-ready stats spread out of box, not just "unit with a very good skill for SI". Those are good units for whales, not for F2Ps.

Anyway, back to the infernal BHB at hand. Fortunately, since I don't have to worry about arena for at least 2 more arena seasons (this week I'm unleashing Project Sophia, and in the coming weeks I have Sharena and Anna ready at 5*), I finally have some feathers to spare for Xander and start building up Horse Emblem. Thanks to Chain Challenge the training process has been pretty painless. I'm still reluctant to break the feather bank though, since I don't plan to use Horse Emblem in arena as I already have a score-oriented Reinhardt/Hector/Ryoma arena core that works really well. Therefore, besides the 20k to bring Xander Siegfried, other spending are 2k a piece at most, i.e. Gronnblade without plus for my 4* + x Cecilia.

However, even this "budget" build has proved to be devastating with Hone, Fortify, and two Goads. It breezed through infernal BHB in the first try. It saves so much brain cells that I will call the 35k or so feather investment more than worthwhile. I just hope I won't be spoiled to the point that I don't know how to play the game without stupid buffs.lol

It doesn't show up until late sometimes. The Bots are are still ranking players.

No, you misunderstood. Tier 18 players either promote to 19 or demote to 17.

I've been demoted from 18 twice, so I know very well. I'm using Sakura as a bonus unit, so a perfect score gets me 4802 with the maximum points. Eventually, I will at least get to 19 for a season. I'm stockpiling Dueling Crests right now.

lt519

This is ridiculous 32+ defenses last two weeks and none this week and all I changed was Titania vs Gunter, must be getting weird matchups

Alucrid

Banned
Reposition/Swap/Pivot really help with this. If I ever get a second Hector I will probably immediately give Effie Distant Counter without much thought.
It just seems like I always have the wrong assist on the wrong unit when I need to be able to make certain moves.

Sushen

The lack of unit variety in my former alt account (now my sole account) is causing me quite some trouble in recent contents. I unprecedentedly failed infernal BHB twice in a row when trying to stick to my conventional Reinhardt/Hector/Fury Olivia/Healer team. I hope better banners shows up soon so that I can put my 150 or so orbs into good use and improve my box in meaningful ways. By better banners, I mean banners with good units covering at least 2, preferably 3 or more colors. And by good units, I mean units with combat-ready stats spread out of box, not just "unit with a very good skill for SI". Those are good units for whales, not for F2Ps.

Anyway, back to infernal BHB at hand. Fortunately, since I don't have to worry about arena for at least 2 more arena seasons (this week I'm unleashing Project Sophia, and in the coming weeks I have Sharena and Anna ready at 5*), I finally have some feathers to spare for Xander and start building up Horse Emblem. Thanks to Chain Challenge the training process has been pretty painless. I'm still reluctant to break the feather bank though, since I don't plan to use Horse Emblem in arena as I already have a score-oriented Reinhardt/Hector/Ryoma that works really well. Therefore, besides the 20k to bring Xander Siegfried, other spending are 2k a piece at most, i.e. Gronnblade without plus for my 4* + x Cecilia.

However, even this "budget" build has proved to be devastating with Hone, Fortify, and two Goads. It breezed through infernal BHB in the first try. It saves so much brain cells that I will call the 35k or so feather investment more than worthwhile. I just hope I won't be spoiled to the point that I don't know how to play the game without stupid buffs.lol
It's pretty clear now that IS wants us to use many units not a small elite group. It must be rough to build a varied team of level 40s in a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom