• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been flying through Hard 5 in TT (Rein+Eldigan) so I decided to go up to Lunatic 5. 468 with 2 teams, bonus unit, and A speed vs. 422. Not worth it.

Not sure where I'll stop. I have no units to take advantage of Phantom Speed so maybe I'll just go for the Res+1 seal.

Summer Robin plus lance team is so good for SP.

OVDRobo

I'm officially done with this game. I've grinded and logged in every day to get over 80 orbs and decided to test my luck. I ended up with 90% 3 stars with a single 4 star pull for 80 orbs. I'm done with this game. Just wanted to vent as I have no idea what's going on but recently my luck over the past month has been terrible

What characters are you aiming for? Are you sniping the colours for which ones you want or are you just pulling full pulls? I can't even begin to tell you how many orbs I wasted on some banners to get absolutely nothing of value, so I can understand your pain.

Sometimes you really want something and the game's completely unwilling to do anything but dump 5 more Donnels, Oboros and Bartres on you. Other times you get monkey paw luck like pulling 4 5* Clairs on a banner in 30 orbs when all you want is a Lukas.

Roman

What characters are you aiming for? Are you sniping the colours for which ones you want or are you just pulling full pulls? I can't even begin to tell you how many orbs I wasted on some banners to get absolutely nothing of value, so I can understand your pain.

Sometimes you really want something and the game's completely unwilling to do anything but dump 5 more Donnels, Oboros and Bartres on you. Other times you get monkey paw luck like pulling 4 5* Clairs on a banner in 30 orbs when all you want is a Lukas.

Meanwhile I've been trying to get at least one Clair and the game gives me 3 Lukas - one at 5*.

Sushen

I have played the tempest only half as much as the last time and Bridelia earned 4000 sp from it, haha. I thought miracle on Delthea was useless, but at least in the tempest, she pulled a few clutch plays out of it.

OVDRobo

Meanwhile I've been trying to get at least one Clair and the game gives me 3 Lukas - one at 5*.

I wish I could give you one. All they're good for to me is Hit & Run and I've even run out of characters worth inheriting that on now.

Every time I pull a character now I start to fear it's another Clair come to reset my pity rate, even when I'm pulling Red orbs.

I guess I'm stuck pulling on the TT banner until I get a 5* because I really don't want the 4.25% to go to waste. Kind of regret it because it turns out I really didn't need the x1.4 units to reach 99999.

Roman

I wish I could give you one. All they're good for to me is Hit & Run and I've even run out of characters worth inheriting that on now.

Every time I pull a character now I start to fear it's another Clair come to reset my pity rate, even when I'm pulling Red orbs.

I have five Catrias so I know that feeling.

MicH

Did a bunch of Chain Challenges and got a good chunk of orbs so decided to pull for Sonya. After about 60 orbs I got her with -HP +DEF IVs. Not good but not as horrific as my -SPD +DEF Delthea.

Also got my first Hinoka when I threw a few leftover orbs on the Alm banner to try for a new Delthea. +SPD -RES so I'll probably want to give her a different weapon?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ugh, I got another 5* Roy, but he is -Attack +Res. I almost wish he was 4*, than he wouldn't have reset my counter and I wouldn't feel bad about using him for SI fodder. I guess I can give my old Roy a +1, but I am not a fan of using 5* units for that. I wanted a Gray for Sword Valor.

spiritfox

Is +ATK -RES Klein the better IVs? Just got 1 and I think I better keep him instead of passing deathblow

Anything +att is good, though -res hurts a little cause he can't QR-counter mages as safely as he normally can and lowers his Glacies damage (but you can just swap to Luna or something).

Late night single summon using the orbs I got for the day + the three from 50k Tempest just got me a Delthea +res/-def. Phew. Was considering 5*ing a solid Mae that I built during Tempest if I never got her. My melees are going to enjoy the effect from Delthea's weapon too.

Roman

Is +ATK -RES Klein the better IVs? Just got 1 and I think I better keep him instead of passing deathblow

+Atk and not -Spd is a very good nature either way. You could even consider running Life and Death. He should never tank mages in the first place.

Dumb revelation: Both SoV archers, from a game known for close counter archers, do not get close counter. Who does? Takumi, despite not getting it nor Vengeance in the routes he's playable.

I suppose they can't make gray that appealing to pull, can they? lol

I have an overabundance of Blue Lancers to the point I feel like an idiot whenever I start training a new one. But the ones I have are so good.

spiritfox

Dumb revelation: Both SoV archers, from a game known for close counter archers, do not get close counter. Who does? Takumi, despite not getting it nor Vengeance in the routes he's playable.

Fates does have Point Blank. They could add Close Counter to Leon but I think they want to keep it rare.

Fates does have Point Blank. They could add Close Counter to Leon but I think they want to keep it rare.

Oh, I know about the DLC. Point was that he doesn't normally have it as a playable character which amuses me. Leon not getting it sucks though. :(

I actually want it for Odin.

No. Not joking. I think he can use it better than the other mages. He's got the speed and bulk required to take hits up close. Thanks to his bulk, he can also use Panic Ploy. I know his Atk's not the greatest (actually, it's the worst lol), but he's still a -blade user which means he's doing damage if he's buffed. You know who ain't gonna do damage? A debuffed -blade user. Throw in Quick Riposte to guarantee the double and you get weird shit like Odin beating Nino.

I love pulling red only for fake hope on getting Roy.T_T

At least wait for the Choose Your Legends banner. <.<

Chauzu

Oh, I know about the DLC. Point was that he doesn't normally have it as a playable character which amuses me. Leon not getting it sucks though. :(

I actually want it for Odin.

No. Not joking. I think he can use it better than the other mages. He's got the speed and bulk required to take hits up close. Thanks to his bulk, he can also use Panic Ploy. I know his Atk's not the greatest (actually, it's the worst lol), but he's still a -blade user which means he's doing damage if he's buffed. You know who ain't gonna do damage? A debuffed -blade user. Throw in Quick Riposte to guarantee the double and you get weird shit like Odin beating Nino.

At least wait for the Choose Your Legends banner. <.<

I'm sorry, but in no realistic scenario does Odin beat Nino, and even less does Odin get to take advantage of Quick Riposte vs Nino. Odin is a horrible unit that is useable because of weapon triangle, meaning you can salvage any unit to at least beat the opposing color. If you run Odin you will be happy to beat red units, and maybe if you run Ignis or Iceberg, get some surprise kills on other units.

I do salute you for wanting to use Odin, and I think Close Counter can be decent on him, espescially now when Triangle Adept is more risky. (I think a defense skill like Close or Distant Defense is probably better though.)

Draxal

Well, is Faye even an archer kinda messes up with your logic here as well.

_Legacy_

Just got the seal, happy to finish this TT early. To be fair, it was much easier this time around. Bridelia and Nino the mvp's again for me, they've both got over 3000 SP each now.

I'm sorry, but in no realistic scenario does Odin beat Nino, and even less does Odin get to take advantage of Quick Riposte vs Nino. Odin is a horrible unit that is useable because of weapon triangle, meaning you can salvage any unit to at least beat the opposing color. If you run Odin you will be happy to beat red units, and maybe if you run Ignis or Iceberg, get some surprise kills on other units.

I do salute you for wanting to use Odin, and I think Close Counter can be decent on him, espescially now when Triangle Adept is more risky. (I think a defense skill like Close or Distant Defense is probably better though.)

I mentioned Panic for a reason. If you're fighting Nino, chances are she's buffed which Odin can use against her.

Theoretical scenario:

Odin w/ Blarrblade+, all the buffs, Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Panic Ploy
43 HP | 55 Atk | 36 Spd | 29 Def | 29 Res

Nino w/ Gronnblade+, all the buffs, Fury, Desperation, idk
33 HP | 69 Atk | 43 Spd | 26 Def | 33 Res

Looks awful at first for Odin, especially when you consider the triangle, but then you remember he can Panic her to make things look like this

Nino w/ Gronnblade+ All, the buffs, Fury, Desperation, idk (Panicked)
33 HP | 45 Atk | 35 Spd | 18 Def | 25 Res

After factoring WTA/WTD and Res, Nino's damage comes out to 25, Odin's damage 19. If Nino attacks first in this scenario, she actually loses.

-

The knock on Odin for having pathetic Atk is just silly to me when he's still a mage. Like, look at his buffed stats and you'll realize he's still doing a hell of a lot better than a lot of units if they were to get the same buffs -- buffs he could potentially screw with.

Once that's done, you look at the rest of his stats and realize he's really, really good at tanking whether up-close or afar. Guy can take a hit and he probably won't be taking two. Close Counter? Quick Riposte? Perfect fits for him.

Won't call him the best unit in the game, but he's got a niche he can fill and I'm a bit hard-pressed to think of anyone else who can fill it.

Well, is Faye even an archer kinda messes up with your logic here as well.

...Leon's canonically an archer. Let's just focus on Leon and ignore the yandere that wasn't even originally in Gaiden. >.>

Roman

Theoretical scenario:

Theoretical scenario is a very apt description because this requires Nino to have +4 buffs on all stats including Resistance (which isn't going to happen on defense teams) and Odin being +4 buffed in his own stats, which requires at least two team mates to use up their turn.

Overall you are adding 16 stats to Odin and removing 16 from Nino - in order to portray this Odin build as viable you are using a deviation of 32 stat points from their normal states.

Yes, this is a theoretically possible calculation, but in practice it is meaningless.

I have personally advocated for Odin to move up into a tier with Henry because I believe he is not worse than him. However, with the arrival of Cancel Affinity, the TA Raven build falls apart. Odin compares unfavorably to practically every other blue mage as a Blarblade user so he will stay in the lowest tier in the next update.

Theoretical scenario is a very apt description because this requires Nino to have +4 buffs on all stats including Resistance (which isn't going to happen on defense teams) and Odin being +4 buffed in his own stats, which requires at least two team mates to use up their turn.

Overall you are adding 16 stats to Odin and removing 16 from Nino - in order to portray this Odin build as viable you are using a deviation of 32 stat points from their normal states.

Yes, this is a theoretically possible calculation, but in practice it is meaningless.

I have personally advocated for Odin to move up into a tier with Henry because I believe he is not worse than him. However, with the arrival of Cancel Affinity, the TA Raven build falls apart. Odin compares unfavorably to practically every other blue mage as a Blarblade user so he will stay in the lowest tier in the next update.

In practice, the +4 to all of Odin's stats is easy to get. The -4 to all of Nino's? Little trickier and dependent on the enemy composition, but the only one Odin actually needs to jank out a win against her is Res. That's it. One Res buff from her allies converted to a debuff and she dies to a blue. Shouldn't be possible, but it can happen. Even if she doesn't get the necessary Res buff to die, the matchup's still a 50:50. A shit unit should not be getting a 50:50 in a 'disadvantaged' matchup.

Now, there's the possibility of, say, Blue Tomebreaker to fuck with things hard against Odin or her using Life and Death -and- not getting the Atk and Spd buffs, but 1) no green uses Blue Tomebreaker and 2) she is -totally- getting those Atk and Spd buffs. What kind of -blade-oriented comp doesn't have those buffs?

-

I am not arguing he's S+++, but I do think he's better than C-tier. He's a friggin' mage. Give a bad non-mage all the buffs in the world and they'd still be bad because those buffs ain't fixing their flaws. Give Odin all the buffs and his one flaw's fixed because -blade tomes are stupid like that. I mean look at those buffed stats. You could look at...idk, a buffed Gray (who's A-tier) and they'd actually be pretty comparable because again, -blade tomes are stupid like that.

Now, if we're talking Henry, I don't friggin' know. >.> Buffs and a -blade tome can fix his Atk, but that Spd ain't getting fixed. Have the guy written off because he's guaranteed to get doubled by just about everything.

I finally pulled another Summer Tiki and she's +Def -Res. I'm leaning towards keeping this one (which would have 35 Def/21 Res at level 40) and merging in the neutral one (which would have 32 Def/24 Res) since she's a melee unit and will likely need the defense more, plus that 35 Def is pretty tanky. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Roman

In practice, the +4 to all of Odin's stats is easy to get. The -4 to all of Nino's? Little trickier and dependent on the enemy composition, but the only one Odin actually needs to jank out a win against her is Res. That's it. One Res buff from her allies converted to a debuff and she dies to a blue. Shouldn't be possible, but it can happen. Even if she doesn't get the necessary Res buff to die, the matchup's still a 50:50. A shit unit should not be getting a 50:50 in a 'disadvantaged' matchup.

You actually don't need Panic Ploy if you run Fury, if Nino is unbuffed, and you have 35 Spd, buffed to 39, she can't double, and dies because you inflate damage with Blarblade.

The problem with this is that you require the help of two teammates at the very least, which can't be guaranteed if you don't tank her on the first turn. Even debuffing with Panic Ploy isn't a certainty depending on terrain. We would never calc +16 against +0. Any unit can look better than it is with that many buffs.

You're making Odin look even worse because even with the best tome in the game and full buffs he needs that much to beat a low Res low HP mage. Since you run Quick Riposte, BTB Linde destroys you if she is +Atk, and even if she isn't, you can't finish her even if you are fully buffed. If you fail to debuff Reinhardt he also straight up obliterates Odin.

I am not arguing he's S+++, but I do think he's better than C-tier. He's a friggin' mage. Give a bad non-mage all the buffs in the world and they'd still be bad because those buffs ain't fixing their flaws. Give Odin all the buffs and his one flaw's fixed because -blade tomes are stupid like that. I mean look at those buffed stats. You could look at...idk, a buffed Gray (who's A-tier) and they'd actually be pretty comparable because again, -blade tomes are stupid like that.

I can even have Hinata achieve 120+ kills with full buffs, same with the low tier daggers and even more with archers. It doesn't mean anything. Odin is actually so weak that he doesn't reach their numbers even with the blade tome.

Now, if we're talking Henry, I don't friggin' know. >.> Buffs and a -blade tome can fix his Atk, but that Spd ain't getting fixed. Have the guy written off because he's guaranteed to get doubled by just about everything.

Speed shouldn't really matter in a similar vein as for Sophia because you are running an enemy phase build with QR or a Breaker. However, Sophia has significantly higher Atk and therefore blows both Odin and Henry out of the water.

Either way their Raven builds are not viable anymore so they are all moving down tiers. Odin and Henry remain the worst mages in their respective colors. You could give Robin a Blade tome and he would be much better both with buffs and without.

Chauzu

I do admire the dedication to Odin, and I'm happy to see making use of Panic Ploy to make him more viable. In the end tho, you compare units with other ones, and Odin falls on the short end of the stick here. Don't get me wrong, I like him more than many units since he isn't slow, but damage output is key in Heroes, and with low attack and middling defense and res stats, he has few ways of dishing out big damage. As long as a tier list puts him in a tier which indicates he is still useable but can't be recommended to build, I think it's fine.

Roman

I do admire the dedication to Odin, and I'm happy to see making use of Panic Ploy to make him more viable. In the end tho, you compare units with other ones, and Odin falls on the short end of the stick here. Don't get me wrong, I like him more than many units since he isn't slow, but damage output is key in Heroes, and with low attack and middling defense and res stats, he has few ways of dishing out big damage. As long as a tier list puts him in a tier which indicates he is still useable but can't be recommended to build, I think it's fine.

That's practically the definition of our lowest tier. No unit is utterly useless.

I'm a big proponent of looking for ways to make lower tier units useful, and I did successfully argue for Odin to go up internally, but IS decided to nerf Triangle Adept, and indirectly Raven tomes. This hurts Odin, Henry, Sophia and the Robins in particular. It's unfortunate, but they are simply outclassed.

I finally pulled another Summer Tiki and she's +Def -Res. I'm leaning towards keeping this one (which would have 35 Def/21 Res at level 40) and merging in the neutral one (which would have 32 Def/24 Res) since she's a melee unit and will likely need the defense more, plus that 35 Def is pretty tanky. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sorry for the late reply. Tiki has really high Attack so she is run very similar to Bartre - Brave Axe with a Breaker and Death Blow. You could try a more defensive build with Melon Crusher, Quick Riposte and Close Def, but her mixed bulk and Speed are not really convincing enough to attempt that.

Whizkid7

Woo pulled summer robin! Ephraim, Roderick and Azura are very happy to have her.

I wonder if its worth tossing renewal on her to keep her at full hp for her harpoon buff?

Roman

Woo pulled summer robin! Ephraim, Roderick and Azura are very happy to have her.

I wonder if its worth tossing renewal on her to keep her at full hp for her harpoon buff?

I'm not a fan of Renewal on these kinds of units in an arena setting. The heal will rarely actually help when you really need it. I'd prefer a Breaker.

spiritfox

Yeah Renewal's not really needed in arena, and you can run a dedicated healer/Falchion medic in TT. I run TA and Lancebreaker and she can take care of 2 out of 3 colors.

Whizkid7

Hmm yeah I guess Falchion+Renewal+Reciprocal or a healer would work better. Not a bad idea for a backup team, and I got plenty of Falchions to choose from.

remember when some ppl freak out thinking that arena bonus will be summer chara for a month just because the gacha is 1 month.. heh
DE5644YUIAAHNlZ.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was preparing my Gray for the arena, but I can use my Cecilia for two weeks?!?! Amazing.

4 horses or 3 horses and a dancer. How to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom