• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkent

so with a +spd/-def Delthea.
Is there a build that can tank a Reinhardt while at the same time one shot a Ryoma?

My current Arena team seems to always die to those 2.

Ninferno

so with a +spd/-def Delthea.
Is there a build that can tank a Reinhardt while at the same time one shot a Ryoma?

My current Arena team seems to always die to those 2.

Oneshotting Ryoma is easy, with the default Death Blow your Delthea is already oneshotting most common Ryoma with Fury. Most people won't run a +RES Ryoma so unless he is close to +10 your vanilla Delthea can blow him up quite comfortably.

Tanking Reinhardt though, is next to impossible especially with the ocean of Reinhardts with +ATK Death Blow Quickened Pulse. It's not worth trying tbh. Your Delthea has arguably the best IV; you should go crazy on offensive instead. You can tank most blue mages without problem, it is just that most likely Reinhardt isn't one of them.

linkent

guess i will just go with the Blarblade/LnD3/Despo build then.
probably skipping blade till i get more feather.
My Hector occasionally being KOed by Reinhardt.
does +HP seal do better than +RES?

Edit:
a105cjitif9z.png

Ok wtf is this

_Legacy_

I have 75k points in Tempest Trials, ranked 1319. The grinding is still awful.

Are you really grinding for the remaining 9 orbs? I'm not sure if it's actually worth it dude. I'll be stopping at 40-45k for sure.

EDIT: With the colour palette we've been used to with the majority of units, Gray's darker colours keep tricking me into thinking he does not have a turn because he looks greyed out. That will take some getting used to!

Tempted to grind out the 100k Tempest score myself. Managed to hit just under 50k grinding out max HM from Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Sakura. It's also nice to have more orbs~

ggx2ac

Tempted to grind out the 100k Tempest score myself. Managed to hit just under 50k grinding out max HM from Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Sakura. It's also nice to have more orbs~

I couldn't grind to 100k for the last Tempest Trials because it was much harder than this one.

In this one I have been consistently getting 646, 676 or 705 points.

Klein which I don't use in Arena unless he is a bonus hero has the most SP gained in the team used for Tempest Trials that I am wondering if it will cap at 9999.

Edit: Just hit 80k points in Tempest Trials, I can now take a break from it and do the chain challenges in Story mode for now.

I couldn't grind to 100k for the last Tempest Trials because it was much harder than this one.

Klein which I don't use in Arena unless he is a bonus hero has the most SP gained in the team used for Tempest Trials that I am wondering if it will cap at 9999.

I can't really judge the last Tempest's difficulty as I just Pony Emblem'd my way through it. lol Far as I can tell though, it isn't actually any harder? Maybe less annoying though when there aren't as many trees or mountains in your way.

Sölf

I would get that too, if I had a 40% bonus unit. As it stands now, I don't even get 600 points (unless I change teams and somehow survive with my Sharena team). The Trial itself is easier, I loose much less than I did last time. But that I miss out 20%, uuugh. I am at 31,5k and I could be nearly done by now. >_>

Sushen

I'm looking for a suggestion for Titania setup while will function as a wall that can take care of greens as needed.

MicH

I'm still not sure if it's even worth it to invest in my -SPD +DEF Delthea. My only mages so far are Mae, Sanaki and MRobin who all also have horrible IVs so I do need another good mage.

ggx2ac

I can't really judge the last Tempest's difficulty as I just Pony Emblem'd my way through it. lol Far as I can tell though, it isn't actually any harder? Maybe less annoying though when there aren't as many trees or mountains in your way.

I still can't even invest in a Cavalry Emblem because the necessary characters I need aren't 5*.

Technically, I have 5* (Eldigan, Cain, Titania, Olwen and Mathilda).

But not 5* Cecilia or Reinhardt.

I could set up a Cavalry team using Cain, Titania, Mathilda and one other but the Hone/Fortify Cavalry buffs don't make them as devastating as buffing Cecilia does.

I'm still not sure if it's even worth it to invest in my -SPD +DEF Delthea. My only mages so far are Mae, Sanaki and MRobin who all also have horrible IVs so I do need another good mage.
Her unique weapon combined with Attack Drive makes her very useful as a support unit. I got a -Atk/+def and I am kitting her to just check falchion users on a dragon team.

ggx2ac

This is pretty cool.

With the 2x SP bonus and using Lance Valor from Summer Robin, my Mathilda is earning 12 SP per kill. She just earned 72 SP from level ups and kills just doing the beginning training tower stratum for the first time.

Ninferno

Double SP came just in time for me to train up my newly acquired Olwen and Nino. I've spent 150 or so stamina with them in training tower and chain challenges and now they are already Tempest-ready and started grinding Tempest for HM and SP. That's even faster than I thought.

This duo's early performance in Tempest has been delightful, they have cleared through 7 stages reliably without any issue so far. I've used Nino on my other account before so she's nothing new to me; Quadwen (+SPD, L&D3, Desperation 3) on the other hand though, is really a pleasant surprise. When supported by Hone Cav she literally quad 90% of the Tempest-inflated enemies. And those she can't quad are normally squishy enough to die to 2 hits anyway. I think she will replace Reinhard to lead my Horse Emblem 1st team (yeah, I think I'm building a second Horse team with all these good horses we are getting lately) so that my Reinhardt can concentrate on my conventional mixed team (aka arena core). I look forward to finally not needing to switch my Reinhardt's C skill back and forth (generic buffs <=> horse buffs) all the time:)

Pejo

Gold Member
Teehee, I can't even be mad anymore. Pulled only Greens, and a colorless when I didn't have greens, trying to get Sonya. Of course, the colorless turns into the bow guy on banner. +HP -SPD. Yeehaw!

Few more pulls on greens, get Sonya! +DEF -ATK - Yeeeeeeeehaw!

Have a few spare orbs, back over to the swimsuit banner - pull green. Tikibikini! -ATK +RES - YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

3 5*s on ~50 orbs, every single one with bad IVs. I could almost predict this stuff. Doesn't matter though, got the units I wanted. Still, you'd think just by sheer probability I'd have a decent IV on ONE of my units soon. It's almost always -atk or -spd.

Busaiku

I still don't get the unit choices for Shadows of Valentia.
Why are Faye and Genny in over Conrad or Valbar.
Why is Clive a potential Grand Hero Battle instead of like Rudolph or Jedah.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I still can't even invest in a Cavalry Emblem because the necessary characters I need aren't 5*.

Technically, I have 5* (Eldigan, Cain, Titania, Olwen and Mathilda).

But not 5* Cecilia or Reinhardt.

I could set up a Cavalry team using Cain, Titania, Mathilda and one other but the Hone/Fortify Cavalry buffs don't make them as devastating as buffing Cecilia does.

Cecilia does just fine at 4* so long as you give her a Gronblade. A couple fewer points in Attack isn't gonna prevent her from one-shotting just about everything.

Golnei

Valbar might have been on the original game's box art, but he's not that major a character - not to the extent that including other random party members over him is somehow strange. Conrad isn't all that significant either, but I would have expected him to be something like a Tempest unit instead of Tobin - carrying on the 'masked knight' theme is a bonus. Then maybe they could have used Sirius for the next one...

It remains to be seen how Clive will be distributed, but not choosing those antagonists over Berkut is understandable - Jedah, while a major antagonist, isn't anywhere near as appealing a character, especially visually. And while I'd have preferred Rudolf over Berkut, I can admit he'd be a poor choice as an incentive for the same reason.

Draxal

Faye's Alm side (unlike Conrad or Valbar); and Celicia's three initial companions were Boey, Mae, and Genny.

Busaiku

The initial banners should've had Clive and Conrad instead of Faye and Genny.
Valbar should've been in the current one instead of Leon.
They're both far more significant than Faye and Genny, particularly the latter. I mean, Genny only has a single support in the entire game, and it's one a lot of people may have missed.

Then Berkut and Randolph or Jedah as the Grand Hero Battles.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The initial banners should've had Clive and Conrad instead of Faye and Genny.
Valbar should've been in the current one instead of Leon.
They're both far more significant than Faye and Genny, particularly the latter. I mean, Genny only has a single support in the entire game, and it's one a lot of people may have missed.

Then Berkut and Randolph or Jedah as the Grand Hero Battles.
Faye and Genny both gave us awesome stuff so no. Conrad doesn't even belong in the beginning.

Busaiku

Wrathful Staff could've been on any other Healer, it's not intrinsic to the character or the game.
If Firesweep Bow had to be a thing, it would've made more sense on Tobin or Gray, who can actually be archers in Shadows of Valentia.

What's the multiplier on the new Calvary Killer weapons? Gray at level 12 is doing 40-50 dmg to green Calvary on each Atk, so nearly 100 on doubles. At level 12.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That feeling you get when you lose your pity bonus for a g-damn 5* Cain. 4 pulls in a row, not a single green orb. Ugh.

Mupod

the pity counter is a fucking lie anyways.

I wouldn't mind a random Cain 'cause I could finally finish this dumb 4*+7 Hana I made.

That feeling you get when you lose your pity bonus for a g-damn 5* Cain. 4 pulls in a row, not a single green orb. Ugh.

Sounds like my luck recently with the summer banner. Four pulls as well, no greens, and then when I finally did get one with 4.25%, it was a 5* Merric. Summer Tiki's definitely been the toughest banner unit to get.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So what're the recommended builds for +SPD Delthea? Is going the Nino route with desperation + either deathblow / LnD3 / fury the best bet or is there something interesting to do with a unit with single digit defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom