• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

picard-facepalm.jpg

Enough with the echoes characters

Roman

It's simply not worth upgrading Alfonse to 5*. My only 5* unit out of the Askr trio is Sharena. To this day, she is my only hard hitting 5* Lance. The remainder of my 5* Blue roster is -ATK Azura, Nowi, and infantry tome users.

I'm keeping Anna and Alfonse permanently at 4*. I just have too many superior Axe and Sword units. They will be at least strong enough to beat quests that require their use. They'll still get the 4000 Arena points if all other options are unavailable.

It absolutely is worth it for arena. I promoted mine for last week and wouldn't have reached tier 20 otherwise because I had no need to pull summer units at all. Now he is fully skilled and is a reliable bonus unit every third week.

In other news Mathilda's stats are very disappointing, so I didn't want to pull her over Delthea. Of course I got Mathilda in the third blue orb. It took 40 more for Delthea and she is +Def/-Spd. Amazing.

We're updating the Gamepedia tier list as soon as we have finalized consensus and writeups but overall we're already in agreement.

Mupod

I can't get excited over characters if they aren't riding on horses anymore. I'm addicted to +6/6/6/6 blade tome power.

Firemind

I can't get excited over characters if they aren't riding on horses anymore. I'm addicted to +6/6/6/6 blade tome power.
Honestly I'm more afraid of bunnymilla. She can quite literally two shot everything non-red and it's much harder to split up fliers.

Ahnez

At 110k feathers, I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore

I still can get Xander to 5*, or the average IV Rein (-spd +res).

I don't know if I want another 5* sword, as I already have Marth, Alm, Roy, Ryoma, Ike and "Marth"

And Reinhardt is not +atk. But given my luck with blues, I don't think Ill ever get one

linkent

After 60 orbs of nothing.
Start with Delthea (+spd/-def)
Then a surprise Sanaki! (+atk/-hp)
Got greedy and pull the rest :p

Think this is my first multi 5* pull since launch.
Both good IV too.

Edit: seems like this Delthea is actually the optimal IV
With LnD and desperation.
Desperation should be easy but LnD need a 5*

Busaiku

Since Dark Excalibur and Dark Aura are exclusives, and Cancel Adept doesn't work on Mages,I don't even feel like I'm missing anything by skipping these banners.

Mupod

Honestly I'm more afraid of bunnymilla. She can quite literally two shot everything non-red and it's much harder to split up fliers.

she's actually the one thing that hits even harder than my Cecilia. But flier emblem is generally relegated to the lucky and rich. I don't have a single flying 5 star character, much less enough Hinokas to give out Hone Fliers.

Firemind

she's actually the one thing that hits even harder than my Cecilia. But flier emblem is generally relegated to the lucky and rich. I don't have a single flying 5 star character, much less enough Hinokas to give out Hone Fliers.
Goad fliers does the job too and Palla should be easy to get. The thing is that Spring Camilla has base 39/30/19 defenses. Fury ups it to a ridiculous 39/33/22. Have a fortify fliers next to her and she's nigh unkillable.

Mupod

Goad fliers does the job too and Palla should be easy to get. The thing is that Spring Camilla has base 39/30/19 defenses. Fury ups it to a ridiculous 39/33/22. Have a fortify fliers next to her and she's nigh unkillable.

but then you don't get that glorious blade tome action. That sheer damage overpowering even map 7 tempest trial enemies is what I live for now.

if I'm somehow still playing this by next spring and she's still the only ranged flier I'll definitely make it my mission to get her, assuming they do a re-run of that banner. But I'm not doing any half measures. I'm guessing Aversa will be a flying red tome one day in a GHB, and we'll probably have a bow pegasus, but who knows when.

I defintely would like to make a flier team my next long term project and stacked Goad Fliers would actually be attainable. I just don't have much to work with at all. I have thought about putting my one spare Distant Counter on Michalis for a flying Hector but losing Iote's Shield would kinda suck for that role and he'd still get wrecked by magic.

Ahnez

Is -atk a problem for -blade Cecilia?

I have a +spd -atk Cecilia. My experience with Nino says spd is far more important than atk, and -3 atk won't matter at all when she is under cavalry buffs

Obviously, its not optimal, but is it a huge problem?

Meier

So many Gordins. I turned one into a 5* because he's not bad and Vantage 3 is nice but ugh, I have 7 of him now and have already disposed of some before.

Another 5 pull on the summer came up short. I did get a 4* Camila which I guess is nice but argh. Might get 40 more orbs before the end of the month if they keep doing 2 a day.

I have a +spd -atk Cecilia. My experience with Nino says spd is far more important than atk, and -3 atk won't matter at all when she is under cavalry buffs

When you are getting +30 atk from hone and foritify Calvary buffs, -3 atk is nothing.

It absolutely is worth it for arena. I promoted mine for last week and wouldn't have reached tier 20 otherwise because I had no need to pull summer units at all. Now he is fully skilled and is a reliable bonus unit every third week.

In other news Mathilda's stats are very disappointing, so I didn't want to pull her over Delthea. Of course I got Mathilda in the third blue orb. It took 40 more for Delthea and she is +Def/-Spd. Amazing.

We're updating the Gamepedia tier list as soon as we have finalized consensus and writeups but overall we're already in agreement.

At least I know that Alfonse can compete in the highest tiers. Since you found a workable build, I will take back what I said. I'm not ready to invest in him, but he's not a lost cause like I thought.

After 60 orbs of nothing.
Start with Delthea (+spd/-def)
Then a surprise Sanaki! (+atk/-hp)
Got greedy and pull the rest :p

Think this is my first multi 5* pull since launch.
Both good IV too.

Edit: seems like this Delthea is actually the optimal IV
With LnD and desperation.
Desperation should be easy but LnD need a 5*

Wow, that's an incredible pull!

MicH

What in the world. I've spent about 30 orbs on the Celica banner only going for greens hoping for Sonya. And in those 30 orbs I've somehow gotten two Minerva, my only 5 stars. Never got her before. Odd. Some Life and Death fodder at least. Might help MY -SPD +DEF Delthea 😅😓

Goad stacks? I have lots of Pallas but no Minerva or Hinoka.

My Cecilia's +SPD/-RES. With Darting Blow, SPD+1 seal, and Hone Calvary, she reaches 42 SPD when attacking, which is pretty cool.

spiritfox

Someone on reddit has tested Cancel Affinity colorless facing raven tome, and the conclusion is that Cancel Affinity DOES NOT affect raven tome itself. This is actually a bit surprising to me because weapon skills are still skills. In that case, the description of CA really should have just said negate/reverse TA (and gem weapons), because that's exactly what it does. The only possible reason why they don't want to mention TA specifically I can think of is that they are trying to be future-proof because nobody knows if there will be other WTA related skills in the future. However, that just makes the description technically wrong because it didn't negate or reverse the color advantage grated by raven tome, which is by all means a (weapon) skill.

TL;DR:
Colorless with CA3 vs raven tomes => still -20%. Confirmed.
Colorless with CA3 vs raven tomes with TA => most likely 0%, it is definitely not +40%, but it also shouldn't remained -40%. Not tested yet.

Looks like CA treats Raven tomes as an innate triangle advantage rather than an additional bonus like the gem weapons and TA. So by itself it won't trigger, but with TA it will and apply the reversal for the TA bonus only (so +20% for the advantage and -20% for the TA reversal for neutral overall).

Sushen

Leveling up Delthea with Titania, and I find out they have a good synergy. One being a wall while the other is buffing the wall's attack which tends to lack.

Gameplay is terrible. There, I said it. It was a chore to play. I stopped.

Terrible is harsh, but Gaiden is fundamentally weak compared to almost every other game in the series. The presentation and packaging was on point for Echoes, and that did a lot to elevate the game. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't put Echoes near the top.

I made a lengthy post about Echoes in the OT. I heavily criticized the game design, but I at least was somewhat invested in characters the plot. The characterization is above average for Fire Emblem, and I would love to see FE Switch improve on it.

I'm skipping these banners due to some bad luck on the Tempest Trials Focus, and I'm covered with these unit types. Going to summon again in August.

spiritfox

Wait, how would a colorless unit benefit at all from Cancel Affinity?

Looks like CA treats Raven tomes as an innate triangle advantage rather than an additional bonus like the gem weapons and TA. So by itself it won't trigger, but with TA it will and apply the reversal for the TA bonus only (so +20% for the advantage and -20% for the TA reversal for neutral overall).

Most Raven tome users use TA.

lt519

I've been on cruise control with this game, doing some of the special maps here and there, posting a score in arena, and completely ignoring tempest. I'm over 80k feathers and 140 orbs. Not even sure I'm going to pull on this banner, unless there is some must have, which I haven't seen through these posts.

I will say Chain missions do get a little tough with 3 teams and 10 maps.

Ninferno

Most arena Raven tome users use TA.

ftfy. TA Raven are extremely rare in PvE. They are so rare that no one even seem to get the chance to actually test CA againt it yet. lol. The only one I can remember ever facing is the green cav mage in Clarisse's GHB.

Even in arena defense, TA Raven is still just a niche that is not worth preparing a B skill for. There are a million ways to deal with TA enemies; it is not like you need your colorless for that.

Overall, I feel like CA is not worth it for most units except maybe Firesweepbow Bridelia. Other faster archer builds are better off with things like Desperation.

kswiston

10 straight 5-pulls (or 5-pull sniping equivalents) between three banners before I managed to pull a 5-star character. Too bad it was Ephraim.

Tripon

I've been on cruise control with this game, doing some of the special maps here and there, posting a score in arena, and completely ignoring tempest. I'm over 80k feathers and 140 orbs. Not even sure I'm going to pull on this banner, unless there is some must have, which I haven't seen through these posts.

I will say Chain missions do get a little tough with 3 teams and 10 maps.

Not that I have either unit, but Delthea and Gray seem like the best units out of the 6 introduced today.

Shinypogs

I'm torn between trying to pull for Delthea to replace Linde so she can buff my fem corrin, saving til christmas/new years or saving til the inevitable anniversary event come next year. I've only got 150 orbs atm so there's no guarantee I'd get Delthea even if I tried ( i am still salty over 200 orbs no Ike :( ) so saving up a fuck tonne of orbs for what will surely be more generous events with the summoning pool being even wider seems like it might be the best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom