• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

One to two, I think. Green is slightly better for sniping because there are slightly fewer green characters in the game.

According to this guy's tool; the expected orbs cost to snipe a green focus 5* on the Celica's army banner (i.e. Sonya) is about 115.

Man, that's worse than I expected.. was hoping to maybe find one with a decent IV. Guess I should feel lucky if I even get one lol

Sölf

Sniped with 103 orbs for blue units on Alm's Army. Hoped for Delthea, got Linde and Mathilda instead. I am happy for Mathilda, as I still lack a 4th unit for Horse Emblem (using Elise at the moment).

Now back to saving.

Trunx28

Used the 20 orbs I had and got .. nothing. Stupid, stupid Arthur 3*. Barst 4*, wtf. Edrag 4*, I hate you! Oboro 3* ... At least a Titania - but -Spd +Res. I hate this game! (but I love it as well .. not having spent a dime and playing since release granted me the most fun I had with a mobile game ever)

Ninferno

Looks like mages and healers are barred from inheriting Cancel Affinity. Weird but good balancing I guess? At least the Rein + CA talk can be over.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like mages and healers are barred from inheriting Cancel Affinity. Weird but good balancing I guess? At least the Rein + CA talk can be over.

Can any Ranged Units learn it? It being Melee only would make some since.

Edit: Looking at Reddit, its not that, since Archers can learn it. Maybe its Physical Damage only? Can Dragons Learn it?

I'm at 4% with the summer banner sniping only blues and greens getting jack squat. At least I got a Boey for the 40% bonus for Tempest Trials. >_>

redcrayon

Picked up Mathilda and Leon, and also Titania who has been on my wish list for a while. Excellent!

Slightly clearer read on Cancel Affinity- at CA1, it cancels enemy Affinity skills (Triangle Adept, gem weapons) even if they are benificial to you. So if Mathilda (blue) runs into a red unit with TA, which would normally work in Mathilda's favour, it still cancels the enemy TA effect.

CA2 cancels enemy Affinity skills only if they provide an enemy advantage.

CA3 reverses enemy Affinity skills only if they provide an enemy advantage.

spiritfox

Picked up Mathilda and Leon, and also Titania who has been on my wish list for a while. Excellent!

Slightly clearer read on Cancel Affinity- at CA1, it cancels enemy Affinity skills (Triangle Adept, gem weapons) even if they are benificial to you. So if Mathilda (blue) runs into a red unit with TA, which would normally work in Mathilda's favour, it still cancels the enemy TA effect.

CA2 cancels enemy Affinity skills only if they provide an enemy advantage.

CA3 reverses enemy Affinity skills only if they provide an enemy advantage.

So lvl 1 acts as though TA doesn't exist, lvl 2 acts as though TA doesn't exist if it's disadvantageous to you, and lvl 3 cancels out any triangle bonuses if it's disadvantageous to you, right?

Ninferno

It does become much clearer now with CA1 and 2 descriptions available. The only thing left to be verified in practice is raven tomes, do archers and ninjas with CA3 gain +40% against TA raven (i.e. the 20% of raven tomes also gets reversed) or just 0% (i.e. the 20% of raven tomes doesn't get reversed, only TA does)?

Judging by the wording, it should be the former case because raven tomes are still "skills", but no one can be sure until trying it out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So it looks like CA just can't be learned by Mages and Healers, and that's it. I don't really get why Healers are barred, but Dragons are not, but whatever.

MicH

Got De althea in 20 orbs. Was super happy then saw her IVs are +Def -SPD and now I'm sad. Always have bad luck with these

I had my best pull to date, pulled an Ephraim immediately followed by a Delthea. Everything else was junk, but about 30 orbs to get those two, and then 20 orbs pulling for Sonya with no luck.

Great luck countered by bad luck. Delthea's stats are still uncertain, but looking at what people pulled on reddit, I'm thinking I've gotten a -spd, +res, which will probably land her around 31 speed. She isn't going to impress anybody, but she is still automatically my best blue mage who isn't on a horse.

Ephraim is also -spd. But he is already really slow, so he will just get doubled by a few more. He is +atk, which is ideal.

Based on the boon/bane, I doubt either of these guys will be able to make it onto my Arena teams or anything. I'm simultaneously happy and disappointed. I really hate speed banes, but other than my Azura I've had good luck avoiding them in the past until today.

Ninferno

So it looks like CA just can't be learned by Mages and Healers, and that's it. I don't really get why Healers are barred, but Dragons are not, but whatever.

Yeah, the restriction seems a bit random, but I guess it gets the job (which is balancing) done?

Trunx28

Delthea seems to be the easiest pull? Got a +spd -def. Also Mae 4* with +hp -res.

Any team-suggestions to fly with these two? Thinking of my +atk Nino+1 and Olivia.

ggx2ac

Was worried about Cancel Affinity for nothing.

Cancel Affinity's description is different in-game, says it negates weapon triangle so it's exactly like I assumed it would be (before reading the description) which was that it would be like playing Fire Emblem Echoes where there is no Weapon Triangle in that game.

Edit: Oh crap, ignore what I said, that's the description for Cancel Affinity 1, not 3.

Sushen

I was excited to get Delthea as the first pull. I was even more excited to find out she's attack+. And, I'm sadden by spd-. She would've been great and she's the one I wanted the most among the new banner units,,, TT

redcrayon

So lvl 1 acts as though TA doesn't exist, lvl 2 acts as though TA doesn't exist if it's disadvantageous to you, and lvl 3 cancels out any triangle bonuses if it's disadvantageous to you, right?
Right on the first two counts, not so sure on the last one- it would depend on the level of the triangle skill being reversed. At this point though, I think we need to play with it a bit and work it out!

spiritfox

I was excited to get Delthea as the first pull. I was even more excited to find out she's attack+. And, I'm sadden by spd-. She would've been great and she's the one I wanted the most among the new banner units,,, TT

Yay free Death Blow 3 or Drive Attack 2.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Got lucky last night. Tried pulling Genny - and got her. Gonna feed her to Clarine.

Then I tried pulling for Mae and got her too (+SPD-HP). I'd need some feathers to get Blarblade on her though.

ggx2ac

Oh crap, I didn't realise Cancel Affinity 3 is the same description as the video.

I attacked with a green unit but it didn't have Triangle Adept so CA3 didn't work.

Has anyone attacked Mathilda with CA3 yet with a green unit that has Triangle Adept?

Sad to see so many on this page get -SPD on the new mages. It's such a crippling bane for these crippling units. I'm using a -SPD Mae for TT, and I'm witnessing the repercussions of this spread.

Going to skip these two banners, but I have a question.

Is Swift Sparrow 2 good on Bridal Cordelia? I have fodder for this skill, and I would like to avoid spending 20K feathers for L&D3. I have neutral Minerva, but I don't want to sacrifice her. Minerva's strong and has exclusive access to Ward Fliers.

I just got Mathilda on first roll when I wanted Delthea.

That video causes more questions to appear than it answers.

When TA is beneficial to the unit with CA nothing changes.
R (TA) v B (CA)
(-0.20WTA + -0.20TA) + 1 = 0.6 v (0.20WTA + 0.20TA) + 1 = 1.4

When TA is detrimental to the unit with CA it reverses TA's effect.
G (TA3) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.20TA) + 1 = 1 v (-0.20WTA + 0.20TA) + 1 = 1
G (TA2) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.15TA) + 1 = 1.05 v (-0.20WTA + 0.15TA) + 1 = 0.95
G (TA1) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.10TA) + 1 = 1.10 v (-0.20WTA + 0.10TA) + 1 = 0.90
G (NO TA) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA) + 1 = 1.2 v (-0.20WTA) + 1 = 0.80

ggx2ac

When TA is beneficial to the unit with CA nothing changes.
R (TA) v B (CA)
(-0.20WTA + -0.20TA) + 1 = 0.6 v (0.20WTA + 0.20TA) + 1 = 1.4

When TA is detrimental to the unit with CA it reverses TA's effect.
G (TA3) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.20TA) + 1 = 1 v (-0.20WTA + 0.20TA) + 1 = 1
G (TA2) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.15TA) + 1 = 1.05 v (-0.20WTA + 0.15TA) + 1 = 0.95
G (TA1) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA + -0.10TA) + 1 = 1.10 v (-0.20WTA + 0.10TA) + 1 = 0.90
G (NO TA) v B (CA3)
(0.20WTA) + 1 = 1.2 v (-0.20WTA) + 1 = 0.80

That's why it was so confusing.

Having Triangle Adept 3 gives Mathilda neutral damage but, going down to Triangle Adept 2 and 1 made Mathilda weaker and the opponent stronger.

I can understand that No Triangle Adept against Mathilda means normal Triangle Weapon rules, just got confusing with Triangle Adept.

And then, I mentioned the video raised more questions than it answers: Mages can't inherit Cancel Affinity but Colourless units can.

I'm wondering if Cancel Affinity will work exactly the same way with Colourless units against -raven tomes.

That's why it was so confusing.

Having Triangle Adept 3 gives Mathilda neutral damage but, going down to Triangle Adept 2 and 1 made Mathilda weaker and the opponent stronger.

I can understand that No Triangle Adept against Mathilda means normal Triangle Weapon rules, just got confusing with Triangle Adept.

And then, I mentioned the video raised more questions than it answers: Mages can't inherit Cancel Affinity but Colourless units can.

I'm wondering if Cancel Affinity will work exactly the same way with Colourless units against -raven tomes.

To put it in simpler terms lower ranks of TA give a weaker advantage when CA isn't in effect and a stronger advantage when it is. Basically as CA's text says, it reverses what TA does.

I'd have to imagine raven tomes work exactly the same way. Just replace the green unit with a Raventome+TA and replace the blue unit with a colorless unit+CA in the calculations above.

kswiston

Which of the FE Echoes banners should I focus on? I don't need to fill in specific niches in my army. I just want a chance at the best units/skills.

Sushen

Sad to see so many on this page get -SPD on the new mages. It's such a crippling bane for these crippling units. I'm using a -SPD Mae for TT, and I'm witnessing the repercussions of this spread.

Going to skip these two banners, but I have a question.

Is Swift Sparrow 2 good on Bridal Cordelia? I have fodder for this skill, and I would like to avoid spending 20K feathers for L&D3. I have neutral Minerva, but I don't want to sacrifice her. Minerva's strong and has exclusive access to Ward Fliers.
Death blow 3 is the way to go. I've compared LD, DB and fury. Mine uses brave bow and rocks with it.

Which of the FE Echoes banners should I focus on? I don't need to fill in specific niches in my army. I just want a chance at the best units/skills.

I'd say Alm banner. Delthea and Mathilda are both quite interesting. Delthea can probably be a blue Linde and Mathilda's skills can throw the meta out the window.

ggx2ac

Delthea makes Sanaki and Eirika's buffing look inferior in comparison.

I know Dark Aura only buffs +6 Atk to certain weapon types but then there's also Attack Drive which adds a +3 Atk combat buff.

So she adds from +3 to +9 Atk which is crazy for an infantry unit.

StAidan

40 orbs on Alm's banner got me:

- Odin
- Jagen
- Oboro
- Cherche (no blues to pull)
- Florina
- Roderick (4*, maybe I can pass on his lance someday)
- Cordelia (4*)
- Odin (4*)
- and finally, Delthea! (look like hp+/def- .... could be worse)

kswiston

8 full pulls in a row with now 5 stars now!

This last one netted me 3 three-star robins... I had 7 before I sold 5 of them.

At least I got a 4-star Olivia. I am trying to got the 4-star 40+5 route with her to save feathers.

OVDRobo

Spent just under 30 orbs sniping reds on Celica's banner. I pulled a 5* Seliph (what is with this game and off-banner pulls?) and a Saber, which I consider pretty lucky.

Out of all the characters introduced Saber's probably the only one I actually liked enough in SoV to pull for. Mathilda's cool but blue lance cavalry units are so common and everything she does for me aesthetically Titania does better.

Guess I'll start stockpiling orbs again now. There's some good skills on the units here but I don't want to waste everything getting skills to inherit then miss out on a character I really like when they're introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom