• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
what A skill should i pop on a +atk/-spd elise with wrathful staff and absorb? darting blow so she can double a bit more? the usual fury?

ggx2ac

Currently have 67k points in Tempest Trials, I'm only doing it because there's so many banners currently and that it's easier to do compared to the last one.

But the grinding is still awful, at least 1x Orb for every 5000 point interval or feathers would have been nice.

kewlmyc

After about 100 blue orbs pulls, got Delthea and Matilda. An Atk+/Spd- Delthea and a Spd+/Atk- Matilda.

Ugh, they really need to introduce a boon/bane re-generator item. It's easily one of the worst parts of the game.

So, is feeding Matilda to Reinhardt the best scenario right now?

Zafir

After about 100 blue orbs pulls, got Delthea and Matilda. An Atk+/Spd- Delthea and a Spd+/Atk- Matilda.

Ugh, they really need to introduce a boon/bane re-generator item. It's easily one of the worst parts of the game.

Reinhardt can't learn it, so no.

ggx2ac

After about 100 orbs pulls, got Delthea and Matilda. An Atk+/Spd- Delthea and a Spd+/Atk- Matilda.

If you're talking about Reinhardt inheriting Cancel Affinity... I think you'll be in for a surprise.

spiritfox

Screenshot_20170713-212442.png

I guess I'm lucky?

Edit: +att -spd. Guess I can throw QR on him or something.

_Legacy_

Just checked, my Gray is -atk +def, urgh...

My Delthea is +atk -res, that's not bad considering her res will still be a respectable 28 without inheritance/buffs.

This has been a kind banner for me, only used around 30 or so orbs. Guess that means I pull nothing but 3* units from now on!

Got Gray on both of my accounts in about 30 orbs, +def/-hp on both. Then I got greedy and kept pulling for another 30 orbs on one for a better IV when I should have been pulling for Sonya or Nino.

Predictably, got a Mathilda while targeting Delthea to no avail. Then another one, which will likely be my first 5* skill giver. I got a 4* Mae so she could be a blue mage secondary. Might as well build her up in Tempest as the bonus (Boey has maxed hm).

Xetherion

I pulled a -ATK Mathilda. Her ATK was bad to begin with, at -ATK it's a downright godawful 25.

I am not keeping this garbage, so who are good candidates for Cancel Affinity since Reinhardt can't inherit it?

Meier

Anyone having trouble downloading some sort of update when launching the game? Wont progress past 0% so I can't load the game.

Mupod

I pulled a -ATK Mathilda. Her ATK was bad to begin with, at -ATK it's a downright godawful 25.

I am not keeping this garbage, so who are good candidates for Cancel Affinity since Reinhardt can't inherit it?

We'll probably be seeing it on people like Klein and Bride Cordelia the most. Could be good on a defense Hector, as people sometimes rely on a ruby sword user to counter him. You'd give up Vantage or Wings of Mercy though.

Xetherion

We'll probably be seeing it on people like Klein and Bride Cordelia the most. Could be good on a defense Hector, as people sometimes rely on a ruby sword user to counter him. You'd give up Vantage or Wings of Mercy though.

Don't have either of the archers. Have a Hector, but I don't use him much since i went the Horse Emblem route. I suppose I could throw it on Kagero to cancel Raven tomes.

his attack stat is great so he'd certainly hit hard, but he's a bit too slow to warrant L&D. Won't as crazy as +spd Ogma or Hana with that setup.
I thought keeping him at around 32 speed (36 with buff) would be ideal for enemy phase though, no? Unlike Hana he would still have high defense. Not looking to quad anyone. Though with Horse Emblem running rampant still I may just keep his horse Killer weapon and slap fury on him.

I am mainly excited for the sword valor skill and double sp weekends.

Mupod

I'll probably just wait until they show the bonus units before I blow any more orbs.

I've still yet to even touch chain challenge due to a severe lack of time, and I'll probably focus on tempest trial this weekend. Has anyone figured out how many orbs you get from that total? It's my Magvel fund.

I thought keeping him at around 32 speed (36 with buff) would be ideal for enemy phase though, no? Unlike Hana he would still have high defense. Not looking to quad anyone. Though with Horse Emblem running rampant still I may just keep his horse Killer weapon and slap fury on him.

I am mainly excited for the sword valor skill and double sp weekends.

I mean he'd certainly be usable. But my line of reasoning is you'd only use L&D if you're making a quad glass cannon. If you're not doing that I'd go Fury or Death Blow, resources permitting.

Wonder how hard he'd hit red tanks like Xander/Eldigan with that anti-horse sword and that atk stat.

*Looks at Gray's stats*
*Loooks at Alfonse's*

+7 Spd, -2 Def at neutral. So, like, I could get a -Spd, +Def Gray and I'd have a superior Alfonse in pretty much every respect? >_______>

Well, makes me feel better about building around Folkvangr, at least. You don't build Ephraim around anything but Siegmund either because of Donnel, though that might have to do with people actually liking Siegmund's free Hone Atk 2 opposed to Folkvangr's Defiant Atk 2.

Poor Alfonse. :(

Wiseblade

I'll probably just wait until they show the bonus units before I blow any more orbs.

I've still yet to even touch chain challenge due to a severe lack of time, and I'll probably focus on tempest trial this weekend. Has anyone figured out how many orbs you get from that total? It's my Magvel fund.

I mean he'd certainly be usable. But my line of reasoning is you'd only use L&D if you're making a quad glass cannon. If you're not doing that I'd go Fury or Death Blow, resources permitting.

Wonder how hard he'd hit red tanks like Xander/Eldigan with that anti-horse sword and that atk stat.
The total Chain Challenge fund should be 80 orbs with the newest chapter.

OVDRobo

Turns out my Saber's +DEF/-ATK, doubling down on his strengths and weaknesses. Not the end of the world since I mainly pulled him just because he was the only character on these banners that interested me rather than being one of my favourite characters ever, but I still don't like this IV system.

I'm not really sure what to do with Saber anyway. He seems like a less aggressive more defensively balanced Chrom with 35DEF, 25 RES, 33SPD and his Shield Pulse and Aegis abilities but defence has never really had much focus in this game with everyone aiming to 1RKO everything where possible. The attack hit really doesn't help either since even if he survives he's probably not taking much out with 28 ATK.

Guess I'll level him and add him to the pile of bench warmers until some GHB really needs a red unit that is good at just continuing existing regardless of what is thrown at him.

Alucrid

Banned
didn't get any blue units from alm's banner but i did get a +spd 4 star effie. any other armored units make good use out of wary fighter?

Meier

Anyone having trouble downloading some sort of update when launching the game? Wont progress past 0% so I can't load the game.

No one else encountering this? I turned off wifi so it isn't some issue with my work's wifi.. no update in the Apple Store either. It's just sitting at 0% perpetually. If I uninstall will I lose progress or is everything saved server side?

did a yolo set of pulls with the 20 orbs i saved hoping for nothing and got

sonya +spd - def and summer tiki +spd/-att

i dont know how i feel about tiki i also got mae is she anygood?

Sterok

For 5* I got a +Atk/-HP Mathilda, a +Res/-Spd Gray, a +Def/-HP Hawkeye and a neutral Mathilda. The Delthea dream is dead. At least Mathilda seems alright. For 4* I also got +Atk Reinhardt, +Atk Effie, and a cruddy Mae and Nowi. The former two should come in handy, and I have an extra Effie I can sacrifice for Death Blow 3.

*Looks at Gray's stats*
*Loooks at Alfonse's*

+7 Spd, -2 Def at neutral. So, like, I could get a -Spd, +Def Gray and I'd have a superior Alfonse in pretty much every respect? >_______>

Well, makes me feel better about building around Folkvangr, at least. You don't build Ephraim around anything but Siegmund either because of Donnel, though that might have to do with people actually liking Siegmund's free Hone Atk 2 opposed to Folkvangr's Defiant Atk 2.

Poor Alfonse. :(

It's simply not worth upgrading Alfonse to 5*. My only 5* unit out of the Askr trio is Sharena. To this day, she is my only hard hitting 5* Lance. The remainder of my 5* Blue roster is -ATK Azura, Nowi, and infantry tome users.

I'm keeping Anna and Alfonse permanently at 4*. I just have too many superior Axe and Sword units. They will be at least strong enough to beat quests that require their use. They'll still get the 4000 Arena points if all other options are unavailable.

Ninferno

Someone on reddit has tested Cancel Affinity colorless facing raven tome, and the conclusion is that Cancel Affinity DOES NOT affect raven tome itself. This is actually a bit surprising to me because weapon skills are still skills. In that case, the description of CA really should have just said negate/reverse TA (and gem weapons), because that's exactly what it does. The only possible reason why they don't mention TA specifically I can think of is that they are trying to be future-proof because nobody knows if there will be other WTA related skills in the future. However, that just makes the description technically wrong because it didn't negate or reverse the color advantage grated by raven tome, which is by all means a (weapon) skill.

TL;DR:
Colorless with CA3 vs raven tomes => still -20%. Confirmed.
Colorless with CA3 vs raven tomes with TA => most likely 0%, it is definitely not +40%, but it also shouldn't remain -40% either. Not tested yet.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Can confirm that Delthea is hugely beneficial to Dragon Emblem teams, her tome plus Drive Attack give my Fae and Adult Tiki enough killing power to ORKO just about everything with Lightning Breath. It's nice to find a workable enemy phase team that isn't purely focused on rushing everything down.

Can confirm that Delthea is hugely beneficial to Dragon Emblem teams, her tome plus Drive Attack give my Fae and Adult Tiki enough killing power to ORKO just about everything with Lightning Breath. It's nice to find a workable enemy phase team that isn't purely focused on rushing everything down.
Yea I really want her next. The problem is her color. If she was red or green she would have even amazing.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's better to get an off banner 5* or to just let the pity rate go up.

First pull from the Cecilia banner:

http://i.imgur.com/FOKhDME.jpg

Decided to start avoiding colourless and ended up getting a neutral 4* Rein, a 3* Nino, a 4* Lonqu, and a 5* Catria. Guess I'm building flier emblem.

Pejo

Gold Member
So out of the 2 new banners, what are the highlights? Reddit is just full of memes so I can't get any good info from there anymore.

Spent 100 orbs that I was saving and got +SPD/-RES Gray and a +DEF/-RES Mathilda. I really want Delthea thought but now I'm zero orbs. Back to saving I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom