• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love arena sometimes.

A rein. 2 camillas and 1 spring camilla.

And I have a bride cordelia and Ninian on my side...

The fight felt so wrong. Why can't all fights be this much of a steamroll.

Roman

Okay, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Two other questions:

1. I have a +ATK/-DEF Effie who I've never used. She's 4*, but I'm thinking of promoting and developing her. I see that -SPD is the preferred bane... is it worth it even though she's -DEF?

2. Rein/Hector/Lucina/Effie... how does that team sound? I know they're all all-stars, but are they a little stale in the meta?

That nature on Effie is fine but she is best with Distant Counter and Deft Harpoon+. Berkut's Lance (or Silver+) are fine alternatives but without DC she will have trouble contributing.

However I myself run her without it mostly to support Hector with Ward Armor and the Spur Res seal. My Hector in turn also runs Ward Armor. If I ever pull another Hector I will immediately give that Effie DC.

That team sounds fine with Lucina being the probably least useful member. I'd strongly recommend Ryoma or Ike instead.

Two other questions:

1. I have a +ATK/-DEF Effie who I've never used. She's 4*, but I'm thinking of promoting and developing her. I see that -SPD is the preferred bane... is it worth it even though she's -DEF?

2. Rein/Hector/Lucina/Effie... how does that team sound? I know they're all all-stars, but are they a little stale in the meta?

I think +atk is worth promoting. The minus defense hurts her the damage output for Bonfire though, so keep that in mind.

Running two armors might be troublesome due to limited movement. I would use only one unless you are going full armor emblem.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Two other questions:

2. Remove Effie, add dancer

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Two other questions:

Well, meta means all-stars, so if you can field it then you might as well do so. It's true that those are all very common units you see in arena, though.

Lucina is an extremely strong but fragile red sword, which isn't as useful as you might think in arena because of how hard it is to get her into position while still keeping her safe. You might want to consider Olivia instead. She can do the main red job of dealing with Hector+tanking green magic while giving your other three units an extra turn.

I have a +atk -def Effie and I'm still not all that comfortable with using her. I'm not used to playing around 1 movement. Maybe I'll try fielding her again later.

Thanks for the input y'all... my current team is Lucina, Olivia, Hector and the fourth spot has been a little experimental, but I've been using Bride Lyn lately.

Maybe in light of your feedback I'll leave Effie in the fridge for now and just put Rein in the fourth spot, and work on continuing to trick out him and Hector (Lucina is already a complete Fury build). My Olivia is 4* 40+5, but I've never given her any inheritance skills, so maybe I'll work on her, too.

Roman

Thanks for the input y'all... my current team is Lucina, Olivia, Hector and the fourth spot has been a little experimental, but I've been using Bride Lyn lately.

Maybe in light of your feedback I'll leave Effie in the fridge for now and just put Rein in the fourth spot, and work on continuing to trick out him and Hector (Lucina is already a complete Fury build). My Olivia is 4* 40+5, but I've never given her any inheritance skills, so maybe I'll work on her, too.

If this is about arena it largely depends on the current bonus units. In that case I'd also advise against using healers.

There is an invite link in the OP of this thread to our FE GAF Discord server where we gladly help anyone with team building, in particular for arena competition.

Cool, thanks! I'll definitely pop into that discord. And yeah, I'm somewhat casual on this game, and I usually play Arena the most.

One more question, what's really better on Reinhardt, Luna or Bonfire?

Roman

Cool, thanks! I'll definitely pop into that discord. And yeah, I'm somewhat casual on this game, and I usually play Arena the most.

One more question, what's really better on Reinhardt, Luna or Bonfire?

His options are either Luna or Moonbow if Quickened Pulse is equipped - it allows him to activate it in his first combat. It's one of the main reasons he is such a dominant and widely used threat.

Sterok

Tharja/Ephraim/Hector has been a very solid core for me in the arena. Tharja does her blade shenanigans and kills Nino/Julia/Cecilia/Spring Camilla who might give Nino trouble. Hector takes out Kagero/Archers/Blue Mages safely. Even Quick Pulse Rein usually with some help from Tharja's Spur Res. Ephraim can counter kill swords and lances if need be, though usually he's busy buffing Tharja.

Burned 2 stamina potions but managed to beat Infernal Lloyd with Horse Emblem. Eldigan was missing the kill on the flier by 2HP so I gave him the Attack+1 seal, but taking that away from (not Atk+) Reinhardt meant he missed a kill by 1HP.

Ondore

My Corrin married Reina in Revelations, so I'm afraid to look at my bill for the whaling I'll be doing when she hits.

Had a pull at the Quick Riposte banner, pulled a Fates royal in the younger brother position and an archer. Sadly, it was the same one. #FuckThatGuy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, its a pretty good feeling when you can make use of normally useless skills to win the Grand Hero Battles. Defiant Attack 2 on my Xander was just what I needed to clear Infernal, gave him enough damage to 1HKO the Flying Axe user, after tanking the cavalry archer earlier.

For more odd skills, I used Poison Strike 3 on Reinhardt to allow me to do Infernal Legion before reinforcements arrived.

ahh ok. now I indirectly got reminded that it's been a while since the last time I watched cipher stream

Since I'm here, this is the latest livestream where she voiced Feh. Around the 14 minute mark.

Just in case I got the wrong person, she's holding onto Feh here:

JE4o865.png

Ninferno

Aveyn reminds me of the Sakura guy and I suddenly realized the Sakura guy hasn't posted a "the victorious Sakura squadron" video for infernal Lloyd yet. Went on to youtube to check him out and found that he was indeed having trouble with the GHB and had to try to pull a Delthea just for Drive Atk.

It doesn't feel right that out of all the infernal GHB/BHBs it is the Lloyd one (who most people and I consider to be the easiest in a long time) that is giving the Lord of Sakura trouble. I mean, he has even overcome the Clarisse TA Raven mage ffs. Maybe it is the lack of defensive tiles that has hurt Sakura squadron's survivability and general openness of the map limiting his options.

Wonder if he can pull if off after this despicable child hunt though. lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
My Fae is done with leveling and SI now, but needs a crapton of SP to actually learn those skills. Maybe I can take advantage of the SP weekend boost tomorrow.

After that it's another 20k feathers for Palla, and then I think I can form two new teams with this:
- Flier emblem with 3 fliers airlifting a Fae around as a blue magic/Rein/archer counter, as well as a general tank. I think this should work, and might even be more effective than building a flier dedicated to tanking magic/arrows. Better for BST too.
- Dragon emblem with 3 dragons and a Palla serving as a green magic/Julia counter, and for added airlifting mobility.

explodet

Took care of the Tenth Stratum Flyers quest yesterday.
Even a 3* lvl 40 Palla can hold her own with that ruby sword, which is nice. And my glass cannon 4* Cordelia is fun, though she explodes if you look at her funny.

No flyer buffs is living on the edge.

Mupod

Wonder if there will be another 5% banner. They gave out a lot of orbs but had lots of bait banners running. I wouldn't be surprised if they add a one-time paid gacha or selection for a guaranteed 5* like some other games do.

I'd really like an event that's more involved than a bunch of re-used maps with inflated stats. I've looked into some of the later FGO events and they sound really cool (the current one is about as brainless as FEH events though). I think everyone agrees that the voting gauntlet is a trash fire, so I'd like to see them go back to the drawing board on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom