• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
yeah, had ten, went on a reposition spree and apparently none landed on my fliers

Yep, love Reposition. Don't get the hate for getting 3* Barsts, since its a great skill for SI. Even Bartre is good SI fodder, with Fury 2 and Smite.

Now Beruka, that is a pure trash Green Unit to get. He has almost nothing of value.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I wouldn't be surprised if they add a one-time paid gacha or selection for a guaranteed 5* like some other games do.
That would be pretty cool.

Honestly, if I was allowed to pick a guaranteed 5* character of my choice, I don't even know what I'd choose. Maybe a Bridelia?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yep, love Reposition. Don't get the hate for getting 3* Barsts, since its a great skill for SI. Even Bartre is good SI fodder, with Fury 2 and Smite.

Now Beruka, that is a pure trash Green Unit to get. He has almost nothing of value.
Beruka is a girl.

PK Gaming

Beruka has value, too

She's a flier with the 2nd best Defense stat in the game. She bodies physical blues, physical greens and even some physical reds. Quick Riposte and Bonfire is a nasty combo as well.

Roman

Beruka is actually a very interesting unit, especially with Defensive Terrain.

If I had the resources I'd run Close Def, Ignis, Quick Riposte and a Killer Axe (or the eventual Slaying Axe). She would reach 46 Def, tank even red opponents, and Ignis would deal 37 additional damage. She's not as strong as Michalis, but survives hits that he cannot. Flier buffs help her damage output or can be used for even more bulk (including Res).

I may build her in the future so I have stopped sending copies of her home.

Mupod

Doing the 10th stratum fliers quest is suffering. I had almost cleared one earlier but one of the enemies had defiant def and suddenly no one could scratch him.

I still don't own a single 5* flying unit somehow. All of my 4* ones are either mediocre or have shit IVs (hello -spd cordelia). Michalis is my only option but I don't really have much use for him on my usual teams so it makes more sense to keep building up my cavalry roster. I do have a +atk -def Cherche at 3* but I have no spare Brave Axe+ for her. Aversa GHB when.

I merged a few Barsts early on before inheritance (so keeping that one around). And then Selena became a favorite generalist partly because of her native Reposition. So if I'm destined to get a weak green roll I'd prefer a Barst now.

Sully is in a similar position for a weak blue roll, for Draw Back. Shanna mostly shows up, good for Desperation, but I have enough.

Akuun

it would be fun to make powerful non meta units

then i realize i'm not a whale so it'll never happen
Yep. I tried gathering four units that I liked to see how they would look as a team, and that team would pretty much suck ass lol. Not to mention I'm not a whale either and REALLY hate sacrificing 5* units for SI. Units that are built from multiple 5* sacrifices are crazy talk to me.

I'll still try to at least make some units usable for fun, but fielding a team of non-meta units that I like is pretty much resigning myself to T17-T18 or so.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yep. I tried gathering four units that I liked to see how they would look as a team, and that team would pretty much suck ass lol. Not to mention I'm not a whale either and REALLY hate sacrificing 5* units for SI. Units that are built from multiple 5* sacrifices are crazy talk to me.
Would you rather have 50 useless units or 4 that kill those 50?

Mupod

hey if I thoughtlessly threw away my bad 5* I would've been out an arena bonus multiple weeks. -atk Alm came in handy for Tempest Trial, although he did literally nothing. And I surprised myself by how deadly I was able to make a -atk +res Peri. That one week where I had to make -atk Roy work in arena was hell though.

I try to keep a wide roster and not throw away 5* just because they aren't meta. Out of all my characters the only 5* I've never really used for much was Hawkeye...and even he got subbed in for one Squad Assault map.

I merged a few Barsts early on before inheritance (so keeping that one around). And then Selena became a favorite generalist partly because of her native Reposition. So if I'm destined to get a weak green roll I'd prefer a Barst now.

Sully is in a similar position for a weak blue roll, for Draw Back. Shanna mostly shows up, good for Desperation, but I have enough.

Still better than Est.

Akuun

If I pull a useless 5* unit, then I might use them for SI, but those are pretty rare cases because most 5* units aren't useless. Usually even off-meta units are still pretty good at something at 5*, and it may be what takes me into a higher arena tier that week if it happens to be a bonus unit. If I sacrifice my only 5* unit of a certain type and it happens to be a bonus character next season, then that would be pretty bad.

I would rather have a roster of 12 decent units that have a chance of being a bonus character in the next arena or tempest than give up a bunch of them to make one unit super strong. My roster isn't that deep to begin with, and I'd rather spend my feathers on promotions to round out my teams. This is especially important since with chain battles and the like, the game seems to want you to have a deeper and more varied roster instead of four super powerful units that carry you through everything. It would be boring to use the same team every fight anyway.

Yes, some units can be super strong with lots of 5* investments, but I don't have the resources to spend on that at the moment. Maybe after another 5* promotion or two.

Tripon

Think Swap is the better skill as long as it's on a unit that can take damage like Xander or Camus.

macklelol

I haven't followed he discord but would love to hear reasonings for all the changes if you get a chance to type them up.

I'm not Roman, but the combination of a huge 35 base attack stat and high res paired with Def Ploy and general flier mobility makes Est the best Brave Lance user. Just as strong as Effie if you can apply Def Ploy, while having the movement of a flier.

Scum

I'm not Roman, but the combination of a huge 35 base attack stat and high res paired with Def Ploy and general flier mobility makes Est the best Brave Lance user. Just as strong as Effie if you can apply Def Ploy, while having the movement of a flier.
jose.png

Juni_

Est's 32 res means she can use def ploy against the majority of the cast. The characters with equal to or more res than her usually have terrible def anyways, exception being Sheena.

Right now def ploy is only on summer Gaius but it will probably show up on someone else later

Alucrid

Banned

i should have rolled for summer gaius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom