• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i use lucina and with falchion and renewal 3 i never have a problem healing up between fights since you automatically get 20 hp at the start. sol and breath of life seems like overkill

Well, normal Lucina has Aether, but that isn't really an option for a "Budget" Masked Marth. Breath of Life may really be overkill though, but the C slot is always kind of a toss up that I'm never really sure what I want to do with.

kewlmyc

A: Fury or Life and Death
B: Green Tomebreaker
C: Up to you

I run Fury on my Nino and love it because of the easy Desperation activation.

Never had an issue with Speed, but Elise is a bit slower like you mentioned.

Death Blow sounds like the good kind of overkill.

I'm tempted to run Life and Death myself, but she seems really squishy.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will probably go Fury since L&D will require me leveling up a Hana.

Green tomebreaker sounds interesting on her, but I was going to go with Desperation, but I'll consider it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
L&D is probably not ideal anyway, unless you want the unit to be the glassiest of cannons and used purely for player phase. Most mages have decent res, which makes them pretty good at baiting certain magic attacks if necessary. Fury is better for that.

I'd save L&D for units that you NEVER want to use as bait, like Brave Bow archers.

ggx2ac

Finally.

DF9zG-xUwAE5fEB.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Keeping Normal Chain Challenge 1+2 uncleared actually makes training up and farming SP so much easier. 9 fairly easy maps for 30 Stamina, that give enemies level 35+. You just got to remember to surrender at the final map. I am worried IS will eventually catch on and make it so Chain Challenge doesn't give SP/EXP.

MicH

Was hoping for Elise but sure, I'll gladly take this instead :lol

lX3cvQZl.jpg

Decided to go for the blue orb since Xander broke my rate anyway but I was not expecting this. Zander is -HP +ATK which is decent (although he really need good HP to take advantage of his passives) and Corrin is +SPD -ATK which, while not ideal, IA much better than my -SPD one. Pretty nice

Ninferno

Less than a day to go and looks like the Sakura guy still hasn't beaten Infernal Lloyd. Guess the last ditch effort with Atk Drive isn't working out too well?

Anyway, It will to hard to believe that it is Lloyd who actually manage to slay a god...

Scum

Less than a day to go and looks like the Sakura guy still hasn't beaten Infernal Lloyd. Guess the last ditch effort with Atk Drive isn't working out too well?

Anyway, It will to hard to believe that it is Lloyd who actually manage to slay a god...
Poor sod. Must be pulling his hair out. 😢

Sushen

It's kind of fitting as he's been using unlikely team to beat hard enemies only yo lose to an unlikely tough enemy team.

To me, Lloyd infernal map is the easiest because of the extra unit that was easier to kill initially than the lunatic map.

Ninferno

It's kind of fitting as he's been using unlikely team to beat hard enemies only yo lose to an unlikely tough enemy team.

To me, Lloyd infernal map is the easiest because of the extra unit that was easier to kill initially than the lunatic map.

Yeah, that's what I said previously. Lloyd is what many, including me, consider to be the easiest among infernal GHBs so at first it felt hard to believe. However, our teams are very different from a team of 4 Sakuras. We might not be able to see the contributing factors to the difficulty unless we think in the Sakura guy's perspective.

In terms of map and terrain, there is no defensive tiles in the Lloyd GHB map. This is something the Sakura Squadron often need to rely on in the past infernal GHBs. Also, the map is more open than most of the previous GHBs, providing fewer possible choke-points for the Sakura Squadron to utilize.

In terms of enemy composition, out of all the six enemies, only one of them is a mage, which I think is the lowest number among the infernal GHBs. All the physical attacker has around 50 atk. The Axe Pegasus and Llyod even have high speed and res. These could be very difficult for Sakuras to handle.

bigzgod

Bamboo 竹;244890810 said:
So S!Elise got into S tier, ranking even more than Julia and Nino. I saw potential on her when I was leveling her up but sadly mine has a terrible IV (+RES/-ATK) so I don't know if it's worth of doing IS on her.

I'm praying to the FE Gods to please make the Sacred Coins a currency to reroll the IV of the heroes. I have some really good heroes on the bench just because they have unfavorable IVs.

Won't happen. Not unless Sacred Coins are incredibly hard to get and you need a huge amount just to reroll one iv.

There's far too much money to be made in pushing people to keep summoning to get better ivs for that particular character they want. If you let them reroll ivs, they'll just keep that character benched until the reroll comes out with the iv that they want.

Yeah, sadly, while I'd love it, I imagine stat rolling won't happen since it's counter-product for IS and only a hardcore minority care.

That said, I can almost see it happening by "reincarnating" your Heroes. They would return to Level 1 with random stats. Not sure how they could market it though.

(Also, I'm beating a dead horse, but add me to the list of people that cringes whenever the "IVs" is used. It's like somebody from Fire Emblem going to Pokemon and calling Natures "growth rates".)

redcrayon

Yeah, sadly, while I'd love it, I imagine stat rolling won't happen since it's counter-product for IS and only a hardcore minority care.

That said, I can almost see it happening by "reincarnating" your Heroes. They would return to Level 1 with random stats. Not sure how they could market it though.

(Also, I'm beating a dead horse, but add me to the list of people that cringes whenever the "IVs" is used. It's like somebody from Fire Emblem going to Pokemon and calling Natures "growth rates".)
Just out of interest, where does 'IVs' come from, is it Pokemon?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Curious, is there anything IS should take from Heroes and implement in future main titles (not lack of something)?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Curious, is there anything IS should take from Heroes and implement in future main titles (not lack of something)?

A system like FEH's Skill Inheritance System could be super interesting, but I don't know how it would fit into Fire Emblem. Maybe have units "Retire", and teach some of their skills to another Unit. They wouldn't die, but would be unable to participate in any future battles.

Pulled Summer Corrin in my third orb....

She's +HP -Atk :(

Edit: ugggh and now leo ruined my second pity chances

Second edit: holy shit I pulled Xander in my first orb lmao NOOOOO ANOTHER XANDER

redcrayon

Huge variety in support/buff skills/specials that can be tinkered with.

Seals as bonus equipment that can be swapped around: I'd like to see characters having perhaps two set weapon slots, an accessory slot and several support item slots rather than 5/7 slots you can keep anything in. Dividing it by type means there's a reason to take certain pieces of equipment. I quite liked the really harsh single slot in Echoes as it made the choice have meaning, but it did also make the weaker items a bit pointless.

Having the weapon triangle actually matter (and have skills that further play on it).

Being able to 'return' units for currency rather than just have them killed if they are annoying. Perhaps your force can't be reduced below a set amount of units using this method to stop people severely messing up. Could still be listed in the end credits as 'left army after x mission'. I just like keeping the roster neat rather than have loads of crap characters clogging up the convoy.

PK Gaming

Skill implementation, because it's significantly better

Echoes was on the right track by gutting luck% skills altogether, but they were still limited to weapons

Make it permanent

Do breaker skills re-calculate during combat?

I was doing the Lloyd map, tanking the bow archer with Xander. Xander has QR and the bow archer has Swordbreaker. The archer doubles Xander and is only counterattacked once.

However, if Xander is under Goad, he doubles and kills the bow archer.

So his counterattack puts the bow unit under 50%, thus negating Swordbreaker and allowing QR to activate?

RedCoyote

Do breaker skills re-calculate during combat?

I was doing the Lloyd map, tanking the bow archer with Xander. Xander has QR and the bow archer has Swordbreaker. The archer doubles Xander and is only counterattacked once.

However, if Xander is under Goad, he doubles and kills the bow archer.

So his counterattack puts the bow unit under 50%, thus negating Swordbreaker and allowing QR to activate?
It's more like Breaker skills (for the unit doing the "breaking"), speed over 5, QR, etc each adding an attack, and then Wary Fighter and units being on the receiving end of Breaker skills losing an attack. In your case, your Xander technically "gained" two attacks from QR and having enough speed, which made up for the lost attack from the enemy's Swordbreaker.

Similarly, if you're attacking a unit with Wary Fighter, and your unit has both a breaker skill and enough speed, you'll bypass Wary Fighter.

I started a last ditch effort to snag a Summer Gaius. 4 Rebecca in a row and one of them was 5*. Still haven't touched a few of the the 4 orb Chain Challenges so I guess I'll be doing that.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Pulled Summer Corrin in my third orb....

She's +HP -Atk :(

Edit: ugggh and now leo ruined my second pity chances

Second edit: holy shit I pulled Xander in my first orb lmao NOOOOO ANOTHER XANDER
I suspect -atk S.Corrin is fine too, because people are likely to give her a blade tome anyway.

Blade tome + flyer buffs will likely negate -atk pretty thoroughly.

Ninferno

Having a predermined (but still moderately random) end-point for a unit's stats, with no way to save-scum for better ones.

Fixed growth mode used to be a thing in PoR, and I liked it a lot. I still wonder why it didn't return in later installments. Just like casual mode and classic mode are options players can choose from, why can't fixed mode and random mode receive the same treatment? Casual mode has caused quite a bit of dispute at its inception, but after a few iterations it is now widely accepted, because people have figured out that more options is never a bad thing.

Humanity should live on its own strength and the RNGesus has to go. It only has its place in the evil domain that is the Gacha system. Like others have said, getting rid of chance based skill activation is a good start, but it can't stop there. Randomness is a prime source for inducing rage and the less effect it has, the better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Spent over 100k feathers this weekend building up new units. Finished a Hinoka, Cherche, S-Corrin, S-Elise, Camus and Delthea. This arena assault is going to be rough.

Sushen

I have the same but more specific dilemma on Olivia. I have 2 really solid teams and want to build the third.

It's going to be dancer plus Linde/Reinhardt/Delthea and Sonya deck. Olivia's role beyond dancing is to deal with some greens. Sonya is equipped with G tomb breaker so it's going to be mostly axe users including Hector.

So, with this in mind, 4* Olivia's attack is only 35 at level 37 with silver sword. That's terrible if you ask me. I already put triangle adept to her. What would be the best way to improve her attack output? Raise her to 5* so that she can get Silver sword+?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have the same but more specific dilemma on Olivia. I have 2 really solid teams and want to build the third.

It's going to be dancer plus Linde/Reinhardt/Delthea and Sonya deck. Olivia's role beyond dancing is to deal with some greens. Sonya is equipped with G tomb breaker so it's going to be mostly axe users including Hector.

So, with this in mind, 4* Olivia's attack is only 35 at level 37 with silver sword. That's terrible if you ask me. I already put triangle adept to her. What would be the best way to improve her attack output? Raise her to 5* so that she can get Silver sword+?
A lot of people I've seen give her Ruby Sword+, which has built in triangle adept and then dump fury 3 on her to make her tankier and deal more damage.

Alucrid

Banned
trying to make a second horse team and i'm wondering if i should just go with a dupe of camus and xander of try something different. maybe roderick and eliwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom