• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

trying to make a second horse team and i'm wondering if i should just go with a dupe of camus and xander of try something different. maybe roderick and eliwood
If your intention is for the chain challenge, it won't allow dup unit in another team even if you have two of them.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
trying to make a second horse team and i'm wondering if i should just go with a dupe of camus and xander of try something different. maybe roderick and eliwood

I run Eliwood on my second horse team and I'd definitely recommend it. He's a solid mage tank all-around and with axebreaker and triangle adept he's a fantastic Hector/green mage counter.

Frederick is also really great for horse teams if you can find him a Brave Axe+.

Ninferno

Speaking of Forrest, does anyone wonder why until now there are still zero 2nd gen characters from Fatakening (no, Lucina doesn't count, neither do the trans-game trio) in Heroes, while the 1st gen are getting alt costumes non-stop? I know there is popularity and shit, but things like Ophelia are also quite popular right? And who will say no to a capable red mage with a personal tome? :)

Anyway, not that I care about Fatakening 2nd gen much. The thing is, I do care about Genealogy 2nd gen and I don't want the pattern to repeat when Genealogy themed banners hit. Yeah, Seliph and Julia are there but that was not a Genealogy banner. I still want my Altena, Ced (still not liking this NoA name, but what can you do), and Febail, etc.

This is why I hate the special seasonal banners; they just slows down the rate IS pushes out ACTUAL new characters to a crawl. If even Fatakening 2nd gen can't get themselves in, I doubt Genealogy 2nd gen will have any better luck. Yeah, Genealogy 2nd gen has actual plot relevance, not like Fatakening. Still, I'm not sure if Heroes gives a shit about characters' plot relevance when deciding who gets in and who doesn't. :(

Golnei

Awakening's child characters would likely be the highest priority - Fates' really weren't that significant and they haven't really gone that in-depth with Jugdral characters yet. But what's delaying that would probably be that the most popular of Awakening's non-Lucina second generation are already in the game through their Fates incarnations.

Maybe they'll bring in Altena, Leif and Arion for Sibling Bonds Round Two?

I suspect -atk S.Corrin is fine too, because people are likely to give her a blade tome anyway.

Blade tome + flyer buffs will likely negate -atk pretty thoroughly.
Thanks for the heads up

My S Leo is +Atk -Def while my first S Xander is +Spd -Res so that's cool. The second one
is +Spd -Atk so I'll guess I'll look up if I can give some of skills to another unit

I wonder if the hesitation in 2nd gen awakening and fates characters that aren't Lucina is because they would need to choose a hair colour and therefore risk people thinking "canon pairings confirmed".

spiritfox

I wonder if the hesitation in 2nd gen awakening and fates characters that aren't Lucina is because they would need to choose a hair colour and therefore risk people thinking "canon pairings confirmed".

But they already have canon colors. They normally take the colors of the parent they're from.

Ninferno

Maybe they'll bring in Altena, Leif and Arion for Sibling Bonds Round Two?

That will be really cool. I can totally see Arion receiving the "Reinhardt and Eldigan treatment". Altena/Arion will also be a great analogy to Olwen/Reinhart
despite not being blood-related

Leif on the other hand, I hope think he will lead a proper Thracia banner instead.

Ninferno

Like spiritfox has said, hair color is probably not a concern here as they can certainly handle it the same way they handle their "default" portraits and also the 2nd gen DLCs in both games. The kids just have the same hair color as their fixed parent (mother in Awakening and father in Fates), with a few exceptions like Soleil. She has Olivia's pink color instead of Laslow's gray, which is because Inigo doesn't inherit Olivia's pink in Awakening in the first place. Guess IS just thinks a guy with pink hair will be weird.

hmm legion rerun on 14th
DGDm9H7UwAIU1QM.jpg:large

Ninferno

They know Xander and Camus are good from the usage statistics, so they will try to delay their rerun as long as possible. Totally expected. :(

Anyway, that means "use Legion to defeat Legion" quest is coming, right? Smh, another crystal time then. Fortunately, Legion is in the paralogue otherwise there's going to be serious trouble.

Mupod

that's a lot of stuff. As expected the hero fest banner is short so I'll hold off trying for Corrin even though I've got my sights set on a flier team.

I'll definitely have a massive amount of feathers to work with but the problem is how limited my fliers are...I've got 3* versions of +spd -res Palla and +atk -def Cherche, but that's about it. Not even a spare Brave Axe for Cherche. Well, just another reason to spend all my orbs pulling greens on Hero Fest.

That's not even everything, it seems.

It's missing the all-but-confirmed Bound Hero Battle banner (Roy, Cecilia and Lilina) shown at the very end of Feh Channel.

Kinda surprised Hero Fest is so short though. But I don't remember how long the first one was.

Samstrike

Which A skill would be best for a +ATK/-RES Summer Corrin for a Blarblade/Desperation build? I will use her in a flier team with buff so is Life and death worth it or darting blow would be enough (and would not make here more squishy)?

Mupod

Which A skill would be best for a +ATK/-RES Summer Corrin for a Blarblade/Desperation build? I will use her in a flier team with buff so is Life and death worth it or darting blow would be enough (and would not make here more squishy)?

I wouldn't go desperation at all. I use cavalry blade tomes a lot and they don't kill by doubling, they one shot. I use same-color Tomebreaker skills as a defensive option mainly. I just use the attack+3 and death blow 3 that Cecilia and Ursula come with, but Fury is quite nice for extra defense.

If you're dead set on desperation I'd go darting blow because Corrin's speed at neutral needs all the help it can get. I wouldn't go Life and Death as on a flier team I'm assuming you don't really have many heroes who can counterattack at range (unless you're rich). So I'd hesitate about screwing up her defenses. Fury has a great interaction with Desperation but 34 speed is...eh. Maybe if you brought Goad Cavalry too.

I did just think of one reason for Desperation - to deal with a Cancel Affinity Hector (assuming your red is Ruby Sword Palla or Caeda). Don't really need speed for that. But there's other ways around one of those since he drops Vantage.

PMS341

So... I have a 4* Reinhardt, but he is -ATK +RES... this is pretty bad, right? The extra resistance seems nice, but the lack of attack kind of defeats the purpose of him, I feel.

Mupod

So... I have a 4* Reinhardt, but he is -ATK +RES... this is pretty bad, right? The extra resistance seems nice, but the lack of attack kind of defeats the purpose of him, I feel.

attack is the only stat Reinhardt cares about. I have one too and I did not waste 20k feathers on him. I might upgrade the -HP +DEF one I got more recently, but not until I find another green for a secondary cavalry squad.

PMS341

attack is the only stat Reinhardt cares about. I have one too and I did not waste 20k feathers on him. I might upgrade the -HP +DEF one I got more recently, but not until I find another green for a secondary cavalry squad.

That is what I figured. I suppose he will be future investment to stack onto another Rein, whenever that day comes.

Pejo

Finally finished catching up on Prologues and most of the main story over the weekend. Some of those lunatic levels were really tough, like that one with 4 mages in the tower with 4x defense panels, that you have to beat in 6 rounds. (11-5 I think?) Eventually managed it without burning lockets though.

Anyways, was back up to 20 something orbs, and they started burning a hole in my pocket. Sniped 2 greens on the summer banner and got Elise. Cool, I'm officially done on summer banners now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I didn't ever consider a secondary horse emblem squad, but now that you mention it, I do already have 5 horses decked out. Hmmm

Ninferno

I wouldn't go desperation at all. I use cavalry blade tomes a lot and they don't kill by doubling, they one shot.

For arena, yes; for high difficulty CC and Tempest, the situation is somewhat different. The stupidly inflated HP there can raise the one-shot threshold quite a bit. In those cases, it does make sense for characters like S!Corrin (good speed, middling attack) to pursue the doubling route. It can secure a lot more kills for her.

My participation in the Great Summer Corrin F Hunt finally bore fruit this morning after multiple one-summon duds. Was just summoning as soon as 5 orbs accumulated. With her in the roster, chilling and saving orbs for full summon sessions.

Sushen

My participation in the Great Summer Corrin F Hunt finally bore fruit this morning after multiple one-summon duds. Was just summoning as soon as 5 orbs accumulated. With her in the roster, chilling and saving orbs for full summon sessions.
As much as I want her, I have too many blue mages and some can't even find a team. I'll wait for the hero fest before dumping any more orbs to this swimsuit nonsense.

jnWake

Before getting the Awakening kids we need to complete the main cast or at least the female side. Miriel, Maribelle, Sumia and Panne. Panne in particular is interesting because she'd probably need a different class from what we have atm.

In any case, before completing Awakening's cast I'd rather have a FE8 banner to go along Valter. Seth, Joshua, Tana, Innes are the most likely to come next I'd think, especially if they follow the Valter GHB with a Caellach one.

commish

As much as I want her, I have too many blue mages and some can't even find a team. I'll wait for the hero fest before dumping any more orbs to this swimsuit nonsense.

The difference being, of course, is that if you want to do flier team ever, you really need a mage. And this is the only one available.

Mind, she us also a topflight character. Flying blue mage with great skills, regardless of how she looks.

Edit: and as above

Weebos

Banned
Before getting the Awakening kids we need to complete the main cast or at least the female side. Miriel, Maribelle, Sumia and Panne. Panne in particular is interesting because she'd probably need a different class from what we have atm.

In any case, before completing Awakening's cast I'd rather have a FE8 banner to go along Valter. Seth, Joshua, Tana, Innes are the most likely to come next I'd think, especially if they follow the Valter GHB with a Caellach one.

Thinking about Sacred Stones GHBs, would love to get Riev with Wrathful Staff.

You guys convinced me to dump all my orbs trying to get summer Corrin, as I want a flier emblem team but have always held off because I need a mage on it. Well, 70 orbs in and I got her. However -attack +speed. Still using her for sure, however I have no more orbs and need to pull an Odin for the tome lol.

Whizkid7

Despite already having Bunnymilla, the thought of her AND summer corrin on a flier team keeps me rolling.

And failing. I'm up to 4.25% now, I think?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I'm over 4% on that banner too. I'm just sitting and waiting for more free orbs to roll in now, and hoping that I don't get some unrelated 5* instead.

On an unrelated note, Rein is really some serious bullshit. I don't even have any SI on him right now and he just cleaves through almost everything in training, regardless of color. He's leveling amazingly fast because I have a Mae exp boosting him too. It's interesting seeing how he's the most broken unit in the game from the other end of the equation.

commish

You guys convinced me to dump all my orbs trying to get summer Corrin, as I want a flier emblem team but have always held off because I need a mage on it. Well, 70 orbs in and I got her. However -attack +speed. Still using her for sure, however I have no more orbs and need to pull an Odin for the tome lol.

-attack isn't so bad if you give her Odin's tome. She'll be overkilling everything anyway.

Mupod

For arena, yes; for high difficulty CC and Tempest, the situation is somewhat different. The stupidly inflated HP there can raise the one-shot threshold quite a bit. In those cases, it does make sense for characters like S!Corrin (good speed, middling attack) to pursue the doubling route. It can secure a lot more kills for her.

Cecilia still one shots that stuff, she's nuts. But I was thinking more in terms of how I use Ursula in tempest trials/CC. From a practical standpoint, I feel like desperation wouldn't do much for me - Ursula's attack is very low but she one shots almost any stat buffed red (only one I've seen live is boss Celica, moonbow solves that). But thinking about it they don't have quite the same stat spread, especially with a -Res Corrin so you need to watch out for Nowi (who barely dents a buffed Ursula).

In particular if Corrin is your only ranged attacker (assuming no spring camilla) that also means she may sometimes have to handle things that might be a problem like Hector. In that case yeah, goad fliers + double buffs and just let her double everything. But after one tempest trial with a unit like that you'd have so much SP you could just have multiple skill sets, lol.

Roman

Swift Sparrow but Fury is very good as well, especially if you run it with Desperation.

I wouldn't go desperation at all. I use cavalry blade tomes a lot and they don't kill by doubling, they one shot. I use same-color Tomebreaker skills as a defensive option mainly. I just use the attack+3 and death blow 3 that Cecilia and Ursula come with, but Fury is quite nice for extra defense.

If you're dead set on desperation I'd go darting blow because Corrin's speed at neutral needs all the help it can get. I wouldn't go Life and Death as on a flier team I'm assuming you don't really have many heroes who can counterattack at range (unless you're rich). So I'd hesitate about screwing up her defenses. Fury has a great interaction with Desperation but 34 speed is...eh. Maybe if you brought Goad Cavalry too.

I did just think of one reason for Desperation - to deal with a Cancel Affinity Hector (assuming your red is Ruby Sword Palla or Caeda). Don't really need speed for that. But there's other ways around one of those since he drops Vantage.

Desperation is actually a great option on her especially with Fury. With Flier buffs she doesn't really need the additional 2 Speed from Life and Death or 3 from Darting Blow.

Since she hits extremely hard with a Blade tome and has teammates it is also not necessary to run B Tomebreaker on offense.

And yes, Desperation is extremely useful for taking down Hectors, especially since full Flier teams don't often run a red unit.

The difference being, of course, is that if you want to do flier team ever, you really need a mage. And this is the only one available.

You don't. I know multiple top players who run full melee fliers with extreme success - including scoring above 5100 and winning matches within 2-3 turns. In the +0 metagame bulk is significantly lower so this becomes even easier.

However this requires heavy investment, for example a Distant Counter Camilla helps a lot, but fliers aren't cheap to build either way.

to be honest, its almost arguable that it is her best mod combination, just would have to do the math on it.

+Spd/-Def is best.

Samstrike

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think Swift Sparrow would be nice for Summer Corrin but I don't have access to it so I can't go with that. I think I will go with Darting Blow for now. May try Fury in the future but i don't have any Hinata right now. I need to summon a bit on red. Also need a Caeda for Fortify Fliers because i only have it on Summer Corrin so she can't get the buff.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't have a Hinoka for Flier. :(

you and me both. we need hone fliers on another unit

If your intention is for the chain challenge, it won't allow dup unit in another team even if you have two of them.

oh...well what do i do with my other 5* rein now

I run Eliwood on my second horse team and I'd definitely recommend it. He's a solid mage tank all-around and with axebreaker and triangle adept he's a fantastic Hector/green mage counter.

Frederick is also really great for horse teams if you can find him a Brave Axe+.

thanks, got both of them just haven't invested the feathers there yet.

Mupod

I wonder if arena assault will have the 'can't use the same hero twice' restriction that squad assault does. I really need a Julia just because I have at best 3 units who can survive QP/moonbow Reinhardt.

On that subject I had written off Camilla and never thought of her as a Distant Counter user. I'm a long ways off from a functional flier team but the -HP +Res 4* one I have could work well for that purpose.

I still think one day we'll see an inheritable hand axe+. Watch them put it on Ross and have him show up right after I go broke on Hero Fest and Summer Corrin.

edit: wait a minute, I just realized they haven't posted the next arena bonus yet. Well, if it's someone shitty I'll just fall to T18 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom