• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
+Spd Life and Death Catria is amazing with Firesweep - it's her best build.
I had considered this but my only Life and Death character at the time I built her was Jaffer and I like keeping him around because he is the only 'good' Ninja I have ever pulled and I'd rather not waste his awesome weapon.

PMS341

Pulled a 5* Ninian (+HP -RES) and 5* Julia (+HP -DEF) from the new banner. Really wanted the opposite Focus (Ike/Genny) but I'm happy regardless.

Did two full pulls and didn't get any 5* on my remaining 35 orbs for the hero fest banner. If I can I'll save up another 20 before it's gone and try again.

lt519

Did two full pulls and didn't get any 5* on my remaining 35 orbs for the hero fest banner. If I can I'll save up another 20 before it's gone and try again.

We'll be getting 4 free orbs a day plus if you do some Tempest Trials when it opens tomorrow there'll be some orb rewards. Plus arena will end with orb rewards. You should be able to accumulate 40 by the time that the banner ends no problem.

Roman

Is this a good flyer emblem team?

Paula (w/ Ruby Sword+ and Hone Fliers)
Cordelia (w/ Brave Lance+ and Fortify Fliers)
Summer Corrin (w/ Blarblade+ and Spur Fliers)
Cherche (w/ Brave Axe+ and Spur Fliers)

Would just use Hinoka but she's -Atk so ugh, fodder it is.

Also what would be a better IV for Summer Corrin: +Atk/-Res or +Spd/-HP?

Except for maybe considering a second Hone on Cherche, this looks pretty good, yes.

I think considering Blarblade, +Spd is a bit better especially since your +Atk is -Res, but both are really strong.

Roman

I had considered this but my only Life and Death character at the time I built her was Jaffer and I like keeping him around because he is the only 'good' Ninja I have ever pulled and I'd rather not waste his awesome weapon.

Well, you can use a Hana for it. With Arena Assault you will get approximately another additional 10k feathers per month.

Soon it will be possible to get 20k per week, that is insane compared to launch period.

We'll be getting 4 free orbs a day plus if you do some Tempest Trials when it opens tomorrow there'll be some orb rewards. Plus arena will end with orb rewards. You should be able to accumulate 40 by the time that the banner ends no problem.

Oh yes, good points. There are a lot of ways to gain orbs this week.

Sterok

Now that I have Azura, I have no special need for any of the Hero Fest characters, though I also don't have any of them. In what might be my only full pull I get my first Sakura (4*), a 5* Jeroge (my first 5* archer), and a third 5* Mathilda. I guess that's alright. I need to find someone to give Cancel Affinity to.

mjc

I guess before I save up for the hero fest banner again, do we know when CYL is starting? Sometime in September I'd imagine..

lt519

Now that I have Azura, I have no special need for any of the Hero Fest characters, though I also don't have any of them. In what might be my only full pull I get my first Sakura (4*), a 5* Jeroge (my first 5* archer), and a third 5* Mathilda. I guess that's alright. I need to find someone to give Cancel Affinity to.

I couldn't resist to keep pulling to go for Ike, 60 orbs later I got nothing, but I guess that's fair.

I actually like Mathilda, I've already found good specialized uses for her Ridersbane+ in squad assault and arena assault. She's got high res too.

Sushen

Pulled Ninian after 60 some orbs. She's atk-/def+ following to my tradition. I guess, it's not too bad as a dancer, but it'll be a major pain to level her up for sure.

I'm happy there are plenty of orbs in the near future, but I just hope the banners afterwards aren't amazing because I'll probably be broke by then XD

Anyway, disappointments aside, I am liking the 3*/4* flip. Been seeing a lot of heroes for the first time (Caeda, Marth, Klein, etc.) and even multiple Reinhardts. Still no +Atk, but I'm sure I'll get one eventually (please not 4 months later like +Spd Nino).

Not much luck with the Hero Fest banner yet, but I noticed that the pity rates were changing differently. Instead of adding 0.5% for each five non-five star summons, it's adding a little more to the 5* focus pity rate but subtracting from the non-focus 5* pity rate. For example, after 15 non-5* summons this morning, my rate for 5* focus is 5.94% and non-focus 5* is 3.56%.

Was this the case for the last Hero Fest banner? I haven't pulled much from the banners since the August 7 changes; do these changes in the pity rates apply to all banners now or are they just for the Hero Fest banner?

Mupod

I'd say it's likely there will be more story chapters next week too, I've got a sinking feeling that they'd drop the Sacred Stones banner in my most orb-starved time. And even if they don't, there's the Legion rerun and arena payouts etc.

I'll blow what I can on Hero Fest up until (if) I get Julia, then I'll go back to fruitlessly wasting everything on Summer Corrin.

I'm also gonna do a major campaign of beefing up some of my more useful 4*. Subaki has so much SP I can do a lot with him now, I assumed I'd drop him once I got a 5* blue flier but he's just so good at his one job.

I should probably also commit to Hawkeye a little better, I assumed I'd burn him for Death Blow 3 or a killer axe+ but he's ended up relatively useful in the squad/arena assault stuff. He's already got Quick Riposte 2, as I pulled him immediately after I that one time I found 18 Subakis. Maybe like res+3 and iceberg or glacies for the ultra budget magic tank.

MicH

Did a few more pulls and managed to get Ninian at last (neutral)

Also got:

5* Clair
5* Julia (+DEF -ATK, why)
4* Eirika (+DEF -ATK, why x2)
My first Lucius too

Pretty good. Still no Hinata in sight. Overflowing with Lonqu though.

Not much luck with the Hero Fest banner yet, but I noticed that the pity rates were changing differently. Instead of adding 0.5% for each five non-five star summons, it's adding a little more to the 5* focus pity rate but subtracting from the non-focus 5* pity rate. For example, after 15 non-5* summons this morning, my rate for 5* focus is 5.94% and non-focus 5* is 3.56%.

Was this the case for the last Hero Fest banner? I haven't pulled much from the banners since the August 7 changes; do these changes in the pity rates apply to all banners now or are they just for the Hero Fest banner?

Pretty sure it was like that last time.

How it works is that the 0.5 is added via a 3:5 ratio.

From the looks of things, you've got a 1.5 addition, which when distributed with that ratio gives 0.5625 and 0.9375. Then you round to get 0.56 and 0.94.

This makes it even more easier (in theory) to get the focus heroes compared to the normal 3:3 ratio.

Of course, I still had to get an off-banner...

Pretty sure it was like that last time.

How it works is that the 0.5 is added via a 3:5 ratio.

From the looks of things, you've got a 1.5 addition, which when distributed with that ratio gives 0.5625 and 0.9375. Then you round to get 0.56 and 0.94.

This makes it even more easier (in theory) to get the focus heroes compared to the normal 3:3 ratio.

Of course, I still had to get an off-banner...

That makes sense. Thanks!

I still don't have a Julia and was hoping to get one but got very few green stones. I did get a 4* Roy, so I just need to pick someone to get Triangle Adept 3 that needs it but doesn't have it.

Zafir

Last hero fest it added a pity percentage every time you got a 4* iirc.

Dunno if it's still the same this time with the 4* rate change happening.

Edit: Doesn't seem like it, looking at the announcement.

Ondore

Went in with 150 orbs into Hero Fest and got Genny (free roll), Linde, my third Alm (second -Atk, grumble grumble, who wants Windsweep?), Julia and Ike.

Yeah, I'm good.

Wichu

Catria is actually fantastic, she can run either Brave or Firesweep Lance, and unlike other offensive blue fliers still has 24 Defense after Life and Death, which is crazy.

Well, mine is +HP/-Def. So that's a -4 compared to neutral, and without a good + to compensate.

explodet

This game just loves giving me -ATK green 5* units.
This time it's a +SPD/-ATK Julia.

I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just sayin'...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
No luck with hero fest banner. Got a 4* Roedrick though, so I guess that's good if I ever want to spend the feathers to put Firesweep Lance on someone.

Actually, Roedrick is a goldmine of SI, isn't he? That rally skill looks good too.

And more Pallas. I'd have a +10 4* Palla by now if I didn't keep burning them for SI.

Mupod

For characters like Julia I care very little about optimal stats. Like Sanaki, I'd set her up for a very specific role in arena/squad assault and only bring her in when conditions are favorable. So blue mages or dragons, both of which are very common.

I'm not super hung up on her I was just looking for an excuse to roll for greens, which I need in general. Still very much do.

For SCorrin I'd also be happy with any variant because buffs would overwhelm any deficiency. Obviously I'd prefer a +SPD one though.

I think the only very specific stat+unit combination I want badly is a +ATK Eldigan. I'd give up my Ike and Lyn to do some really stupid shit with him.

Alucrid

Banned
started pulling at effie for this banner. not bad. 5% apparently does wonders.

PE9GtE3l.jpg

I really am in need of a green mage on my main account. I have a +10 4* Cecilia but after that I only have a 5* Boey that I don't even feel like leveling. I have a -hp/+def Nino that I am tempted just to promote to 5*, but I really want to use those feathers for the -hp/+spd 4* Tharja I got. I guess I'll wait until this hero banner is over and I am going to pull green exclusively. Hopefully I can get something better.

I don't see me getting better than a deathless 4820 on AA anyways.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
this game loves giving me 5* SPD- Tharjas... at three so far. wtf.

This game just loves giving me -ATK green 5* units.
This time it's a +SPD/-ATK Julia.

I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just sayin'...

oh yeah... this reminds me, the game ALSO loves giving me 4* ATK- or SPD- red swords. But it's never ATK+/SPD- or ATK-/SPD+

kewlmyc

Except for maybe considering a second Hone on Cherche, this looks pretty good, yes.

I think considering Blarblade, +Spd is a bit better especially since your +Atk is -Res, but both are really strong.
I would if Hone Fliers was easier to get a hold of. :/

Thanks!

Akuun

I could form a full team of -atk 5* units at this point, but it would have three blues in it.

Maybe I should pull blue less often.

Mupod

I really am in need of a green mage on my main account. I have a +10 4* Cecilia but after that I only have a 5* Boey that I don't even feel like leveling. I have a -hp/+def Nino that I am tempted just to promote to 5*, but I really want to use those feathers for the -hp/+spd 4* Tharja I got. I guess I'll wait until this hero banner is over and I am going to pull green exclusively. Hopefully I can get something better.

I don't see me getting better than a deathless 4820 on AA anyways.

huh, what is that ranked at?

I've got around a 4700, obviously I could improve that but I simply don't have time to throw myself at it over and over. It will get much easier once I spend the 60k+ feathers I'll have after this week's arena/tempest trial either way. I'll either have a flier team or some kind of crazy distant counter Sheena.

Sushen

Blew all 120 orbs saved and only got Ninian, although I got a decent selection of fodder. I really want Ike especially since I didn't get him last time despite dumping about 200 orbs. Not feeling good. This 5% rate seems to mean shit so far.

huh, what is that ranked at?

I've got around a 4700, obviously I could improve that but I simply don't have time to throw myself at it over and over. It will get much easier once I spend the 60k+ feathers I'll have after this week's arena/tempest trial either way. I'll either have a flier team or some kind of crazy distant counter Sheena.

I'm at 1794 right now. I got a really lucky run to get that score. Didn't even need to use items. Got a couple of rounds of all or nearly all the same color enemy units.

I'm stoked for Tempest Trials for once. New seal seems cool. New unit we only know a little about. Triple points for first two battles and bonus units get a big buff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm at 1794 right now. I got a really lucky run to get that score. Didn't even need to use items. Got a couple of rounds of all or nearly all the same color enemy units.

I'm stoked for Tempest Trials for once. New seal seems cool. New unit we only know a little about. Triple points for first two battles and bonus units get a big buff.

Triple points is going to help the grind a lot.

Akuun

I'm looking forward to the improved autobattle for Tempest.

I autobattled my way through most of last Tempest and I intend to do the same here.

Mupod

Triple points will be nice but I always got most of my grinding done on weekends. And losing 20% off the top is gonna make that annoying.

I'm desperate for orbs this time but the 100k grind was mind numbing even with a 40%. Don't know if I can do that again.

Here's hoping that moving forward not all Tempest Trials are restricted to promoting new units, forcing us to roll for a 5* if we want that good bonus. But I'm sure that's exactly their plan.

Tripon

Threw 80 orbs so far at Hero Fest. I picked up three 3* Gwen, four 4* Cains, two 3* MRobin, two 3*Barst, and no 5* hero yet. My pity rate is at 6.25% right now.

Hmm..... the game is trying to tell me something.

jnWake

Pulled a +def-spd Ike, eh. Not the best nature but it's still Ike I guess.

Will try pulling for Ninian too, really want a blue dancer.

Xetherion

Spent 120 orbs on Hero Fest, got zero 5* heroes. Just keep killing my motivation to play your game IS, i'll drop it completely eventually.

Akuun

What's the ideal set up for this team comp wise, or is there a low enough tier where it doesn't matter much?
I went with the level 35 5-battle one I think, and used multiple teams so it was mostly riding on the level advantage + brute force. I had several teams that I just burned through until the 5 battles were over. If one team died, I pulled out the next one and continued. Usually I won by the end.

I don't have the exact team comps, but it went something like this:

Team 1: Mae, S.Tiki, Ephriam, A.Tiki
2: Ryoma, Julia, Nowi, Olivia
3 (usually didn't need this one): MRobin, Lucina, Cherche, Jakob

Sushen

Threw 80 orbs so far at Hero Fest. I picked up three 3* Gwen, four 4* Cains, two 3* MRobin, two 3*Barst, and no 5* hero yet. My pity rate is at 6.25% right now.

Hmm..... the game is trying to tell me something.

Spent 120 orbs on Hero Fest, got zero 5* heroes. Just keep killing my motivation to play your game IS, i'll drop it completely eventually.
It's similar to my story, although I've got atk- Ninian spending a bit more than 120 orbs. When I think about it, 5% is only 2% more than usual 3% which won't make a huge difference. In real life, if someone tells me that I have 5% chance to win, I'll laugh at his face.

Speaking of Ninian, do you think, Ninian, Nowi, Fae team is a viable option at least in tempest?

lt519

Speaking of Ninian, do you think, Ninian, Nowi, Fae team is a viable option at least in tempest?

I think the only problem is you couldn't include Tiki as well since a Falchion user would ruin your day. My Fae is almost done and I'm considering just sharding Ninian to level 40 and using tempest plus SP boost to get SP instead of running Olivia (I'll be running Celica for a Red).

I'll let you know, Ninian, Nowi, Fae and Celica will certainly be interesting.

Akuun

It's similar to my story, although I've got atk- Ninian spending a bit more than 120 orbs. When I think about it, 5% is only 2% more than usual 3% which won't make a huge difference. In real life, if someone tells me that I have 5% chance to win, I'll laugh at his face.

I think an all-dragon team is viable anywhere, actually. It's just that you'd need to SI a blue dragon and your Tiki to stand up to their respective anti-dragon weapons. And you'd eventually want to give Lightning Breath+ to everyone who doesn't come with it, which is super expensive.

Nowi or Ninian with TA or Swordbreaker can counter Falchion users.

YTiki with Lightning Breath+ and TA can counter Julia. I imagine ATiki can do it too, but not as well thanks to low speed and res. You could always double up on it with Green Tomebreaker too.

For Tempest, you probably want some sustainability, and Fae can provide that with Renewal. Then Fae herself can be a combat healer with Reciprocal Aid, or one of your other units can pack it.

Actually, it might be better for Arena than Tempest because many good dragon builds are built around tanking and countering, which requires lots of sustain in prolonged fights like in Tempest. I suppose you could build your dragons around initiating to help get around that, though.

Pejo

Gold Member
Well it took 78 of my 80 orbs, but I finally got a Julia. -Def +Res. Not a great IV but at least it's not -ATK or -SPD. I pretty much just need her as a blue mage killer anyways, so that's fine. I was pulling green/clear orbs only, as I'd really like a Genny too, so if I get back up to 20 or so, I might do a few more trying to get her.

+Atk Mathilda is pretty decent I think. She will fill Jagen's role a lot better in my second Horse team. Give his fury 2 and Fortify calvary to her and be all set for her.

I got a lot of grinding to do with the double SP starting tomorrow. Work on my second horse Emblem, Mae, Owlen, Tharja, Masked Marth finally, and potentially a Nino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom