• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want Julia for sure. Especially with AA. She checks every Green and blue mage and dragons outside of the least played TA Tiki. She's especially valued because a lot of teams run Ninian and blue mage together.

Roman

I feel like Julia is really good as an all-round type of mage, but isn't an instant delete button like Nino, Celica, or a good blade tome mage. I use mine a lot though, and consider her one of my best ranged options. Deathless runs have gotten a lot easier since I got her. It's nice to know that you're immune to any blue mage and can oneshot Azura/Ninian anytime. She also packs enough punch to do respectable damage to any character, regardless of color. I'm not sure how much speed factors into it, because I usually don't look at her speed unless I'm doing some sort of G Tomebreaker mirror match.

She has a very important spot in the metagame that cannot be understated, and continues to be a strong presence - especially if more Dragon buffs are added.

Mupod

maybe it's because my julia is -spd but she doesn't seem that great while celica is fucking amazing even with -atk

Well, I want her for Arena Assault specifically. Blue is so dominant right now that I run out of greens before the end.

There's her obvious use in normal arena as a Reinhardt counter, but she also has a weapon effective on a specific unit type (dragons). This kind of thing rarely got use in normal arena but since you can see the map before forming your team in AA, it's a different story.

Although Merric (flier effective tome) is so crap that I'd be sketchy even sending him in against a full flier team. He fails to kill things like Camilla and a +Res or buffed Clair, lol.

Roman

Although Merric (flier effective tome) is so crap that I'd be sketchy even sending him in against a full flier team. He fails to kill things like Camilla and a +Res or buffed Clair, lol.

The Camilla matchup is on slim margins because of her high Res (highest among green fliers). You could just give him Axebreaker to make sure he gets the kill - he should have no trouble killing blue fliers.

Well, I want her for Arena Assault specifically. Blue is so dominant right now that I run out of greens before the end.

There's her obvious use in normal arena as a Reinhardt counter, but she also has a weapon effective on a specific unit type (dragons). This kind of thing rarely got use in normal arena but since you can see the map before forming your team in AA, it's a different story.

Yep. I think had things stayed the same her stock would have fallen more than it already has, but because you can preview the next map on AA she maintains a high value.

Busaiku

I like Soren more than Julia.
He's does really well with Gronraven+ and Triangle Adept since Cancel Affinity is still really rare.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Arena Assault is especially funny because you actually need a stable of Reinhardt counters. You want Julia, and several backup Not-Julias.

"Oh, there's another Rein. Okay, I've already used Julia, Fae, and... Okay, it's your turn S.Tiki."

Sushen

How to use continuous auto? Not only the phone goes into sleep due to lack of touches but it stops when the team lost when I simply turned on continuous auto. Is there something else I need to do?

Akuun

I'm seeing the same thing. I have continuous auto on in the settings, but so far I haven't noticed much difference besides auto-battle continuing between maps without me needing to restart it. Maybe that's all it does?

It stops if I win the set of maps, or lose my team. My phone goes to sleep, too.

It's still awesome. I have 4* Clive now, so I added him at level 1 to my autobattle team for bonus points. Feel kinda bad for throwing him to the dogs, but I want that bonus.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ploy doesn't require assistance from any allied units, Est can do this on her own no matter whether she is supported by anyone. This is the difference between Ploy and being buffed.

I recognize the distinction, even though I don't agree with it being one in the context of rating characters in a team-centric game.

I have added some notes to my previous post about how dancers have their own issues due to being infantry. We simply don't value them on the same level as units like offensive player phase fliers that can run Hit and Run and Reposition while also being incredibly potent in combat.

We will have to agree to disagree on this point.

You say that a dancer wouldn't fit on your flier team because it'd make the team worse, which I won't argue because I believe it to be true in most scenarios. But a dancer can still fit successfully, which means that they can fit on any team. And I'm talking about utilizing specific strategies in Arena that are against the grain. The boilerplate build for Cordelia obviously runs Luna. Galeforce, QP, Firesweep Cordelia is a completely viable unit that excels in Arena with the use of a dancer. This is an example of a unique strategy that dancers can provide.

But I'll concede that we just won't see eye to eye here.

It definitely weighs heavily towards it because we assume full access to skills, but this is where we chose to draw the line. I do not think that it is arbitrary, this is the reason we provide.

A line in the sand is as good as any other, I suppose, but I cant say I agree with the reasoning.

No, they would not.

I'll take your word for it. I think this new toy has overstated value in specific scenarios, and won't shift the meta in any meaningful way. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Mupod

The Camilla matchup is on slim margins because of her high Res (highest among green fliers). You could just give him Axebreaker to make sure he gets the kill - he should have no trouble killing blue fliers.

I've seen like one regular Camilla in months. Just an example, certainly not doing extensive SI on him even if I wanted to farm SP. If anything I might put lancebreaker or b tomebreaker just to let him actually maybe kill something other than Lukas or Cordelia once in a while.

He loves to disappoint me in new and exciting ways. Surviving and doubling a Reinhardt but leaving it with 2 HP? Failing to kill blue fliers or Camus in Squad Assault? Showing up 3 times when you just want Julia? Fuck Merric.

Akuun

I actually pause when I see Merric in arena because he's so tanky. He's fast and bulky enough that a red sword may unexpectedly fail to ORKO him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How to use continuous auto? Not only the phone goes into sleep due to lack of touches but it stops when the team lost when I simply turned on continuous auto. Is there something else I need to do?

You shouldn't be playing against settings hard enough to kill you, imo. I play it against the level 25 enemies. Continuous auto gets me 352 points. It's going to make getting to 99k points so easy.

Sterok

Hey awesome music, please don't go away during enemy phase. It makes me sad.

Celica/Ephraim/Nino/Lissa is tearing things up so far. Celica is awesome with her buffed stats + Distant Defense. If they mess up Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura should be able to finish things off. Sonya is an odd choice for a final boss, though I guess it's kind of appropriate given her ending.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Running Celica and Delthea plus a dancer and healer makes Tempest Trials a bit of a joke. With the bonus unit buffs added in, Celica has 60 Atk and 50 Spd.

Mupod

You shouldn't be playing against settings hard enough to kill you, imo. I play it against the level 25 enemies. Continuous auto gets me 352 points. It's going to make getting to 99k points so easy.

hm, what kind of team do you use for that?

My usual training tower autobattle squad is Ryoma, Hector, Nowi. Maybe throw in Genny and take Fury off of everyone who has it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
at 35 res is iceberg better than dragon fang at 49 atk?

It partially depends on if you're going to be having buffs on your unit, and which unit. Im guessing Julia? Dragon Fang scales with your damage output. In terms of pure damage, Dragon Fang wins, but a better comparison would probably be with Draconic Aura since they have the same cooldown as Iceberg. Absent buffs, Iceberg would do more damage.

Got a 4* +ATK-SPD Athena today. Even though the -SPD, finally got a decent unit with the right boon. Still sitting at 5.31 pity rate on hero fest banner...

PK Gaming

The problems with dancers are twofold. The first is that you will rarely need the extra firepower a dancer provides. Killing everything in 1-2 turns is nice, but since you aren't actually penalized for turtling, there's no reason not to. You generally don't want to overextend your units, and it's usually pretty easy to manipulate the A.I into doing what you want. A lot of the best units mitigate risk on their own. Why does Cordelia/Hinoka/Meme girl need to rely on dance when she can just Hit and Run to safety? Reposition makes keeping units like her alive downright trivial. The second issue is that dancer teams are effectively relying on 3 units (+ the decent coverage against green/red units provided by the dancer) to deal with the metagame. Which is fine for the most part, but every once in a while you will run into a team that overloads a color or you run into a map where dancers aren't as useful (like the fucking chokepoint map), and end up struggling. Balanced teams run into this issue too, but not as significantly.

And yet, despite all of these issues Dancers are still A+ tier. As in, still very good units (and extremely obnoxious on defensive teams). But they aren't top class, and no self respecting tier list should classify them as such.

Also in practice, their low BST makes you take a point penalty in Arena.

lt519

I think I want to make another TA MRobin but of a different color? Who is the best candidate? Doesn't matter Red or Green.

I love having a colorless soaking mage and want another for Arena Assault and to not be so blue heavy all the time. I want something that can be an absolute tank like Robin. I'm thinking green since of the wealth of blue units. I've heard Boey but his attack seems too low to do anything more than just tank in the higher level content.

spiritfox

I think I want to make another TA MRobin but of a different color? Who is the best candidate? Doesn't matter Red or Green.

I love having a colorless soaking mage and want another for Arena Assault and to not be so blue heavy all the time.

TA FRobin. Shocking, I know.

Alucrid

Banned
It partially depends on if you're going to be having buffs on your unit, and which unit. Im guessing Julia? Dragon Fang scales with your damage output. In terms of pure damage, Dragon Fang wins, but a better comparison would probably be with Draconic Aura since they have the same cooldown as Iceberg. Absent buffs, Iceberg would do more damage.

yeah it's julia and probably won't have any buffs. thinking about it though glacies might be the better choice since i'm already having to deal with a 4 charge special

edit: i've never been this low on SI fodder. need repositon, draw back, TA, moonbow, wings of mercy...

Akuun

You could make a TA Gronnraven FRobin, and she'll function very similarly to MRobin.

For red mages, I think some people like building Sophia with a Raven tome and TA.

lt519

TA FRobin. Shocking, I know.

Haha just looking now, had no clue that they had the exact same stats..

Boey has a better defense stat, which I like for colorless, but worse Res. Would a TA Raven Boey still survive a buffed Rein?

Hmm, my Sophia is -HP/+DEF. Don't think I have any Henry's though ):

Boey is -SPD/+RES. FRobin is the nuetral variety.

PK Gaming

I love having a colorless soaking mage and want another for Arena Assault and to not be so blue heavy all the time. I want something that can be an absolute tank like Robin. I'm thinking green since of the wealth of blue units. I've heard Boey but his attack seems too low to do anything more than just tank in the higher level content.

TA RAVEN SOPHIA!

Or maybe even Fury if you're paranoid, but definitely go with giraffe neck. She has potential.

Mupod

My usual training tower autobattle squad is Ryoma, Hector, Nowi. Maybe throw in Genny and take Fury off of everyone who has it?

update:

Me: Wow, they cleared the level 25 one without anyone really taking damage. But there's no way they could do the level 30 one on autobattle.
Genny: I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

Akuun

I've been going through the level 30 one with autobattles. One team gets most of the way through or sometimes clears it all. I have a second team to clean up if the first team wipes.

First team is Lucina, Minerva, Fae, and a level 1 Clive for bonus. All three main units run Renewal 3.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

update:

Me: Wow, they cleared the level 25 one without anyone really taking damage. But there's no way they could do the level 30 one on autobattle.
Genny: I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

Ha, sorry, missed your post. I use Celica, Gray, Delthea and a healer.

I haven't tried 30 yet....

Mupod

Ha, sorry, missed your post. I use Celica, Gray, Delthea and a healer.

I haven't tried 30 yet....

next try on continuous auto level 30, Ryoma and Nowi killed themselves at the start of the final round and Genny soloed the map. She ended up with 1 HP remaining.

If it comes down to her more often I could give her Absorb, maybe. The stat boost she gets as a bonus character made her terrifying. Also watching the AI barely pull that off was surprisingly hype, lol.

I'd imagine your team would easily do it since they'd all get boosted. Ryoma drops to low HP a lot but Genny just patches him up to full with Rehabilitate on the next map.

Julia was basically an Arena staple me for most of this game. I have neutral stats for her, which enable her to do her job just right. I subbed her out for Hector only for much higher Arena Offense. I miss having her on offensive runs, but she remains invaluable to other teams.

Dancers are vital in a lot of PvE content, but I agree that they are pretty unnecessary for Arena Offense. They are useful in Arena Defense, but they are again far from mandatory.

I've definitely fallen off of using dancers myself, I do agree with them dropping down a little purely in the context of player-controlled teams. But on a defense team they are a bigger threat than anything else.

+SPD -ATK Ike is 'almost Ryoma' so it's not that bad at all. Would probably swap in Fury in place of Heavy Blade.

The spare Ike I'd probably use for Heavy Blade on someone else. I've got plans for Eldigan if I ever find a +ATK one.

I'm glad the Orb investment was low, but getting -ATK twice was crushing. My +SPD/-HP Ryoma will always be better, but Fury 3 on the +SPD Ike will be alright. I know this because I still run Defiant Attack 3 on Ryoma.

Ryoma's doing just fine simply with Moonbow, Swap, and Vantage 3 as inherited skills. I'm very conservative with my fodder, which makes me hesitant with skills.

I honestly had no interest in Ike at all, but I had no choice but to summon these colors for the free summon. I'm still skipping this Hero Fest. I might even just save indefinitely unless those CYL Heroes are just super strong.

I have enough Heroes at this point where I can just coast through the content.

Sushen

I have enough Heroes at this point where I can just coast through the content.
That's been the case for me as well but pulling new units and trying it out is what keeps this game fresh for me. Otherwise I'll do the same everyday which gets old quickly.

I'm not in dire need of feathers or anything nor have any goal with this game, so I'm not stressed out for getting high in arena tier, although I wonder if 4790 will take me into tier 20 for the first time.

With so much to do now, I won't be pushing my arena score much at all.

That's been the case for me as well but pulling new units and trying it out is what keeps this game fresh for me. Otherwise I'll do the same everyday which gets old quickly.

I'm not in dire need of feathers or anything nor have any goal with this game, so I'm not stressed out for getting high in arena tier, although I wonder if 4790 will take me into tier 20 for the first time.

With so much to do now, I won't be pushing my arena score much at all.

I'm at 4806, and I may be headed to tier 20 for the first time. I really have no desire to compete in the tier, but I want to reach it just as a milestone. The 3000 (6400 total) Feather payout is looking tasty. I have four Defenses right now, and I didn't even use any Dancers or Horses this season.

After I drop out immediately, I can comfortably settle between 18 & 19.

And I don't care what anyone says about Robin(M). Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker 3 is an amazing inheritance combo that has served me very well in Arena. He is always useful because of his versatility. That Gamepedia tier list is heavily flawed and has me shaking my head at some explanations.

I'm not removing Desperation 3 from my Bridelia!

Mupod

Wait, so you can do lvl. 30 tempest trials on auto? ��

I don't know how consistent it is but I got it to work twice without losing a team. In some maps they actually get SP in the level 30 one, Genny was getting 12 (!) per kill. So I'd rather run that than the 25 one which they easily beat.

I wasn't really looking forward to manually running this hundreds of times again so this is good news.

It's pretty easy with a solid lv. 40 squad. Add in a healer (with their weapon removed) and you're pretty much set.

unless it's Genny (who gets the stat buff from being a bonus character) then leave the weapon on and watch the carnage.

Akuun

I finished my run of Arena this tier and am set to drop back down to T19.

So now I'm effectively just looking for whales to friend by going in with as much BST as I can manage, regardless of how usable the team is lol.

lt519

And I don't care what anyone says about Robin(M). Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker 3 is an amazing inheritance combo that has served me very well in Arena. He is always useful because of his versatility. That Gamepedia tier list is heavily flawed and has me shaking my head at some explanations.

He's been my go to unit since the start of the game. He has so many uses (hence my post above wanting to make a clone of another color). He's not going to blow anyone outside of colorless away, but he can sit there and take a beating while your other units do the heavy lifting.

Akuun

I still really like my MRobin. He trades punch for durability, and sometimes that's what you want.

He's often MVP in a lot of GHB or PvE maps that throw lots of grey units at you.

Mupod

My TA2 MRobin soloed map 2 of squad assault 2 and is very valuable in Arena Assault now that you can check maps beforehand. His Res is a little too crap to handle Celica and Tharja though.

lt519

Hmm, I don't think I'm going to go Raven Boey. He's -SPD and my MRobin in +SPD so I think I'm going to see a massive drop in performance that I won't like (going from 32 to 23 is massive). Hesitant on neutral FRobin and I don't have great Cecilia IVs for a TA build (-SPD/+RES or +RES/-SPD) her DEF is too low. Guess I'll just wait for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom