• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

You can 100% AFK this Tempest with the right team comp: http://sendvid.com/ynq43ngv

This is me doing it with auto-battle, no input.

Do note this requires S+++ super tier only units such as this gem:
RnDrR8F.jpg

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing.jpeg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm also starved for Reposition at this point. I have a bunch of good characters over the past month or two that are pretty badly gimped because I have to put budget movement skills on them instead of Reposition. I actually build my teams around having at least one guy who has Reposition, just because of how good it is.

On the other hand, Swap is actually more useful than I thought it would be.

My Alm isn't level 40 so I just took him into one of the easier TT levels with a healer. Didn't even really need the healing as he destroyed everything. Gained 3 levels and a lot of SP.

EDIT: couldn't beat an Effie though.

kswiston

My 5* free unit streak ended with the starter hero banner, but I decided to pull the lone green and got Julia! I have a bad habit of getting 1-2 levels bwfore remembering that I wanted to check +/- stats on new units though. No idea if my Julia is any good.

Celica is pretty powerful in temptest even with lvl 1 skills and no other changes. Mine is now lvl 35 with a cache of about 1k sp. I will have to start planning build.

I am contemplating pulling the temptest banner a couple more times. Celica was my first unit of those four, and I am not sure if we have anything else of worth this month. I lucked out with swimsuit corrin on my first set of 20 orbs. I have Ike and that FE Echoes healer already. I can live without Ninian, since my Asura and Olivia are both good.

lt519

Haha I hear ya on Celica.

Where do I find continuous auto battle? I know where to turn the normal one on. I'm being dense.

You can 100% AFK this Tempest with the right team comp: http://sendvid.com/ynq43ngv

This is me doing it with auto-battle, no input.

Do note this requires S+++ super tier only units such as this gem:

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing.jpeg

Or, you know, the solution to all fire emblem heroes problems.

I just auto battle Pony emblem and let Xander/Cecilia/Ursula/Berkut*(bonus unit) handle it. They're all free units everyone could have too, although I made the first three 5* with feathers...

Where do I find continuous auto battle? I know where to turn the normal one on. I'm being dense.

It's an option in settings.

Akuun

Nah, you're not being dense, since it's a bit counterintuitive. It's a few extra options in the game settings menu, and not part of the normal battle menu where you turn on autobattle.

kswiston

Getting 12 sp per defeated enemy on bonus characters is also crazy. I think that I made close 400 sp on Celica between going from 34-40 and killing enemies in two rounds of the trials.

30 seems to be the sweet spot for auto battle. The AI is pretty dumb though. I just saw it have Julia tank an Alm for literally no reason and die. It seems like it always wants to advance on the enemy no matter what.

30 seems to be the sweet spot for auto battle. The AI is pretty dumb though. I just saw it have Julia tank an Alm for literally no reason and die. It seems like it always wants to advance on the enemy no matter what.

It really is dumb. I'm like wait Reinhardt where are you going!? The sword unit is that way.

Rutger

Banned

It likes to leave my flying units in the range of archers, haha.
I can't complain though, 400~ points without having to do anything is going to help a lot with the grind. With some far better units than I had in the last two, the triple points for the first two runs in the day, and auto battle I think I'll be able to get the good rewards this time.

kswiston

I blew through 70 orbs (the bulk of my cache), but I got Delthea, plus some useful 4-star feeder units with Life and Death, Fury, Vantage, etc.

I guess that is a good trade off.

I also find myself at a loss of what to spend my 50k feathers on. It seems like a waste to use them to 5* feeder units for some level 3 skills, bur that might be the most bang for my buck at this point.

Roman

I also find myself at a loss of what to spend my 50k feathers on. It seems like a waste to use them to 5* feeder units for some level 3 skills, bur that might be the most bang for my buck at this point.

I don't know what heroes you have but with assault modes it might be more useful to promote 4*s than to promote only for level 3 versions of skills - unless your core arena team is struggling to stay in tier 20 and you need the score boost.

kswiston

I don't know what heroes you have but with assault modes it might be more useful to promote 4*s than to promote only for level 3 versions of skills - unless your core arena team is struggling to stay in tier 20 and you need the score boost.

My 5-star lineup:

9DpymJ2l.png

YIHvbR5l.png

Most of those are not skilled yet. About a third need to be fully levelled as well.

Edit: I also have 4-star Olivia and Cecilia that are each at least +5, instead of spending the 20k to get them to 5-star.

Golnei

That's Twilight of the Gods, Gaiden/SoV's end game map theme. It is very fitting here Sonya being the end boss isn't though and it is great BGM in itself of course. Enjoy.

I guess they're using Sonya as a substitute for Marla and Hestia (in Gaiden, they did use the same portrait; after all), but it doesn't quite work. It probably wouldn't have been that difficult to palette swap her art to resemble the Witches, either...

Also, given that the map is based on the Labyrinth of Thabes, Awakening music would have fit in just as well.

Sushen

I'm leveling up Celica as I'm playing the tempest and she doesn't have any skills on other than ones that she came with. The default 5 turn special seems not too bad actually.

Is it because I'm in tempest mode where she'll have tons of turn to play? I need to start equip her although I have little idea for her.

Medic M Marth is working out well enough that I replaced Ike with him for the tempest team, haha.

Scum

I'm leveling up Celica as I'm playing the tempest and she doesn't have any skills on other than ones that she came with. The default 5 turn special seems not too bad actually.

Is it because I'm in tempest mode where she'll have tons of turn to play? I need to start equip her although I have little idea for her.

Medic M Marth is working out well enough that I replaced Ike with him for the tempest team, haha.

That'd be it. Yep.

Edit - Perhaps, Renewal & the oh-so-fun Moonbow might be a good start...

Sterok

Went for another go at Hero Fest, because I can spare a few more orbs before hoarding once more for hopefully the Sacred Stones banner. And I got Julia! +Atk/-HP. It's almost like the game is apologizing for giving me a -Spd Summer Corrin.

kswiston

Why is Est in the S-tier on the feheroes gamepedia wiki? Seems to be a discrepancy between that and her rating on the gamepress list.

Sterok

Why is Est in the S-tier on the feheroes gamepedia wiki? Seems to be a discrepancy between that and her rating on the gamepress list.

You will worship your new Def Ploy meta.

Def Ploy with Est's high Res + Brave Lance with her high attack + flier buffs make her really strong. Of course that's stupidly expensive to build, currently requires Summer Gaius, and I don't know how practical Def Ploy is in reality, but that's the theory I believe.

lt519

Damn continuous is crazy. I've just been starting battles periodically and I've already got Celica, S!Elise and Nowi full SI'd. Celica often solo's the final map. Just been running the Lvl 35 one, gets enough points.

For Celica I went with Distant Defense, Vantage 3, Spur Def, Luna. Still got 1000SP for when I get another swordbreaker or desperation, whichever comes first.

I know there is a million banners right now, but I hope some new characters are on the way soon.

It'll be weird having an arena season with no one new to feature.

lt519

Thanks for the heads up. Saw his announcement on reddit, almost missed it. It is interesting to see, even if just for research purposes. lol

Also, record of this "experiment".

Lol he just went over 200 orbs without a 5*. If there was any way to convince a bunch of people watching someone pull on twitch to never buy orbs, that was it.

redcrayon

Tempest Trials is so much better now, incentivising people to log in for a couple of rounds a day for meaningful rewards and increased rewards in week two, rather than people burning out on the grind and then just abandoning it.

Roman

You will worship your new Def Ploy meta.

Def Ploy with Est's high Res + Brave Lance with her high attack + flier buffs make her really strong. Of course that's stupidly expensive to build, currently requires Summer Gaius, and I don't know how practical Def Ploy is in reality, but that's the theory I believe.

This is exactly it. Not only did we conclude this with calculations, we are also actually using her in practice with ridiculous success.

No other unit in the game has this combination of Attack and Resistance to fully make use of this skill, and it allows her to hit harder than Cordelia or Cherche without any assistance, it is also not hard to set up due to being a flier, and she supports the whole team with it including herself, which not even Flier buffs can do.

Cordelia is still ranked higher because her damage output is not dependent on any conditions.

So what's the tempest reward Hardy Bearing going to be useful for?

It allows you to bypass Vantage (and Desperation which shouldn't be on defense teams) while you are at full HP. It's a safe option to combat Hectors and Ryomas, but I'm not sure that its impact on the metagame is going to be large.

Sciel

Really wanted Celica for my mage team (well my only team, Olivia + Summer Corrin + Julia + Nino).but the Tempest Trial banner screwed me over and gave me a Gray (-Atk as well....).

Not gonna spend any $ on orbs so i guess i'll just be using my free orbs on the Hero Fest.

EDIT:

I somehow pull Celica and Alm....

+Res/-Speed and +Speed/-Atk.

FML...

redcrayon

Continuous auto-battle is excellent, a nice way to rack up points when I'm doing something else.

Anyone have any thoughts on Clive as a unit? He seems remarkably middle-of-the-road, unexceptional at pretty much everything and without even any skills that stand out or synergise with his stat spread. Am I missing anything?

Finally pulled an Ike. -Attack, +HP. Ah well, could have been worse I suppose...

Roman

Clive seems pretty bad, we put him next to Berkut on the list. He's not really fast enough to run a tankier bruiser build for enemy phase, along with having low Resistance.

The best option I see for him is Brave Lance and Berkut runs that a bit better.

I think Caeda is better than Palla, especially outside fliers, but she's extremely expensive to build. For most players, Palla is easier to invest in.

Akuun

Clive seems like a very average unit (like any of the other Tempest units besides MMarth), but is actually doing quite well as an autobattle bonus unit in Tempest.

Those tempest buffs are really nice. It's like having an Eirika taped to him at all times, and then some.

Also finally cleared the Infernal battle with a flier team.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Feels good to beat TT with first team; buff to TT units is awesome and Bride Cordelia became my healer with Breath of Life + BoL seal lol

Alucrid

Banned
i think i'm going to have to give escutcheon, triangle adept and swordbreaker to help ninian survive TT

also why the hell can't we get duplicates of some seals. if you don't want us to have more than one quicken pulse i get it. but i don't see why you have to limit +3 hp or +1 atk and then put in another one under the name of Squad Ace A 1. especially with how TT, chain challenge and arena assault allow for multiple teams now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom