• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidance is freaking nutty. Especially with ranged nukers. It turns infantry OP units into Reinhardt. Plus you can stick Tana out and she can definitely take a hit

Why did she have to be another flying lancer tho

Emptied out orbs on Hero Fest since I saw it was the last day, and while I got a crappy Ike (+HP, -ATK) early on -- well, he might still be viable in some capacity, if only for PVE? -- today was awesome.

Julia (-HP, +ATK) and Gray (-ATK, +SPD). Julia's the standout, but Gray will be awesome just for the valor skill. Sadly, no Summer Robin, but I've got Axe Valor from Melons Tiki.

I also promoted my "good" Eirika to 5* and merged my previous 5* Eirika into her. Gonna do the same with a better Nowi, I think.

Mupod

6.88/4.12% on hero fest. I have no idea how many orbs that was, but it's been a while since I had a streak this bad.

If I keep my current pace in tempest trial and clear the rest of the new paralogue chain challenges I can hit 20 tomorrow. Still, wasn't expecting to have to burn this many orbs on nothing.

Well, nothing in terms of 5 stars. My true goal with pulling greens on this banner was to find a good Titania and/or Camilla. I found a 4* +SPD -RES Titania and the same kind of Camilla almost back to back. -RES isn't optimal as I wanted them as a distant counter magic tank, but still happy I got them. -RES doesn't mean much with an emerald axe anyways. I only have one Distant Counter though, so I have to make a choice.

I may hold off on a decision until the end of the month. If I get a Summer Corrin then distant counter Camilla (along with Palla and Valter) would allow me to create my first real flier team. If I don't, I can use it on Titania, then give Leo a blade tome and promote Reinhardt for another strong cavalry team.

Trunx28

Building my flier emblem right now with:
Cherche 5* +atk
Est 4*+2 with Brave Lance+ and Hone Fliers
Hinoka 5*
Caeda 4*

Love it, these girls really know how to hit hard. Cherche is the mwp with her Brave Axe!

lt519

Man, I'm going to have to pull on this banner, I don't have good archers or armor units.

Tried to do an Advanced Arena Assault starting at 686s for my average, boy is that a whole different ball game then playing down in the 678s. The sheer number of dancers make it too hard to plan out appropriate teams. I have plenty of Rein and Hector hard counters but the unpredictability is making it difficult to keep my weaker units alive to fill their niche for that fight.

PK Gaming

Power creep begins!

EDIT: It's not by much though to be fair. She has like 3 more defense and one more speed. Her HP might be lower though.

To be fair, it began when they introduced Bride Cordelia (who is without a doubt, the most bullshit character in the game)

Draxal

Power creep begins!

EDIT: It's not by much though to be fair. She has like 3 more defense and one more speed. Her HP might be lower though.

Right now power creep is mainly due to weapons and skills. Units are not changing their total *bst.

However, the spread of Tana's stats are better then Cordelia's stats. The faster the better especially with how broke firesweep weapons are in general.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did another pull on hero fest and... 4* -atk +spd Kagero? I guess that's okay, considering I don't have her.

Samstrike

Right now power creep is mainly due to weapons and skills. Units are not changing their total *bst.

However, the spread of Tana's stats are better then Cordelia's stats. The faster the better especially with how broke firesweep weapons are in general.

It's still only one more speed and it's way easier to get a +spd Cordelia. Personally I will keep my +spd Cordelia. Not gonna waste all my orbs in the hope of a +spd Tana.

Mupod

I keep accidentally entering my daily tempest trial 3x with the wrong team, lol.

Glad I put some SI into my 4* Subaki, who keeps ending up in those accidental runs. Just some cheap stuff like ignis and defense+3 were enough to dramatically increase his killing power. He's actually really great in tempest trial because of the ridiculous number of red swords it often throws at you, and this one is full of annoying tree maps.

Most of my points are coming from autobattling the level 35 one though. I started doing it with Ike (quickened pulse, QR2, aether), Takumi (just vantage and stock skills), Nowi and Genny. All of them were low on hero merit and some of them needed SP farming. Well now Genny has 5000 SP and I'm many feathers richer. I no longer fear the tempest trial grind, from now on this is how I'll do it. Once in a while they'll wipe on the last map but ~50% of the time they actually clear the whole thing and get me around 414-432 points (I only have 20% bonus).

Busaiku

Amelia has the highest BST by 4 points.
And an amazing distribution.

Power creep is real.

Akuun

Guidance seems like it could bring the similar bullshit as Wings of Mercy/Escape Route, but minus the HP requirements.

So it has the potential to be broken as fuck.

Akuun

The armor is so oversized on her. Maybe she wears normal clothes underneath that armor and just uses the armor as a home, like a hermit crab.

Maybe she sneaks out of the armor to get quick hits in before ducking back in between turns. It could explain her high speed.

spiritfox

She is an armor trainee, its similiar to how donnel has highest infantry lancer.

God I hate her armor design so much.

I kinda wish they just kept her SS design rather than try to accommodate the general armor. It looks pretty weird especially with the miniskirt.

Golnei

The armor is so oversized on her. Maybe she wears normal clothes underneath that armor and just uses the armor as a home, like a hermit crab.

Maybe she sneaks out of the armor to get quick hits in before ducking back in between turns. It could explain her high speed.

Code:
[IMG]https://img14.deviantart.net/92ae/i/2014/171/3/f/fire_emblem_amelia_s_secret_by_darkflame411-d7n6m5d.png[/IMG]

Akuun

Code:
[IMG]https://img14.deviantart.net/92ae/i/2014/171/3/f/fire_emblem_amelia_s_secret_by_darkflame411-d7n6m5d.png[/IMG]
yesssssssssssssssssssssss

I kinda wish they just kept her SS design rather than try to accommodate the general armor. It looks pretty weird especially with the miniskirt.
It reminds me of Saber from Fate/Extra, which always struck me as a stupid looking outfit.

spiritfox

It reminds me of Saber from Fate/Extra, which always struck me as a stupid looking outfit.

52f5m177oxfz.png

🤔

Sushen

I want Tana badly but she'll overlap with Valter for blue lance slot... I'm conflicted about it.

Speaking of power creeping, I'm amused by how my atk+ Innes is -1 in almost all stats compared to non-attack plus Bridelia. He's slightly inferior Bridelia which makes me wonder whether to set him up like Bridelia or a dedicated mage killer.

jnWake

Amelia's design is like they were making her an infantry lancer and suddenly told the artist "make her armored instead!" and he half assed it.

Busaiku

She is an armor trainee, its similiar to how donnel has highest infantry lancer.

God I hate her armor design so much.
Huh, I didn't notice that Tobin, Faye, and Gray also have high BSTs.
But they're balanced (poorly in the case of Faye and Tobin) by their stat spread.
Amelia has the high stats and good distribution.

Mupod

Are there going to be enough orbs? I'm running out of orbs for Summer Corn and I'm getting really anxious.

I'm fucked. I didn't think hero fest would be such a disaster for me and now I'm sitting here with a 7+4% appearance rate, feels like a waste not to try one more time.

I'm not going to try for the SS units and will wait for them to return on another banner. After one more attempt at hero fest everything I get for the rest of the month will go to Summer Corrin Oboro and Donnel.

I'm fucked. I didn't think hero fest would be such a disaster for me and now I'm sitting here with a 7+4% appearance rate, feels like a waste not to try one more time.

I'm not going to try for the SS units and will wait for them to return on another banner. After one more attempt at hero fest everything I get for the rest of the month will go to Summer Corrin Oboro and Donnel.

KutjJge.png

Pejo

So I waited a few days to see if these new units were worth it before pulling. I liked Tana and Amelia, so I pulled some greens/blues. Got both of them in 20ish orbs.

Amelia: -HP +ATK
Tana: -HP +SPD

What the..... I actually got favorable/best IVs....I can't even remember the last time this happened, and with 2 units in a row. Now I have to figure out how to use them.

kewlmyc

Got Neutral Amelia, yay!

But it seems Tana is the unit to get since guidance has the potential to be busted as shit. Hope I get her at some point, but I'm spending way too much money on this game. I should stop.

redcrayon

Even wearing heavy platemail on the upper body isn't going to stop a FE lady from selecting a short skirt and stockings from the armoury. It's the law or something.

Akuun

25-35 Tempest can be autobattled. Yes, the AI is dumb but you can always replace a team with another one if it dies. 1-3 teams is enough to get a win.

If you have stamina to spare, it's a good way to burn it if you don't feel like doing anything more involved with the game at that moment.

Ninferno

That face, that smirking IRuinedYourPityRate™ face has haunted me for days.

Seriously, the Team "Pity Rate Destroyers" (featuring Seliph, Peri, Lukas, Merric, Sheena, etc.) should have been demoted from 4/5* to 3/4* by like yesterday. If IS thinks 3* are too low for them, just make them 4* exclusive. Granted, with AA being a thing now, nobody's completely useless, but getting your 10%+ combined pity rate cleared by those guys is still really disheartening.

spiritfox

In the overall series, there is lot more armor units than there are infantry lance users.

Yeah but how many of them are popular and likely to be added in the next few months. In the overall I think Amelia as a lancer would be better, but right now I rather have general Amelia.

Mupod

I do not trust the AI to make smart decisions.

I've watched my AI battle quite a bit. It makes bad decisions a lot, but that's what Rehabilitate is for. Ike will frequently get his ass beat down to 1 hp and then get fully healed on the next map. I actually thought it was pretty fun experimenting with different teams to see who would work well. But I mean, I have 120+ stamina potions, so I don't care if I waste stamina.

Threaten debuffs work well, since both your units and the enemies tend to end up standing around next to each other. So I load up on those, along with the Atk Ploy seal on Genny. Takumi's default kit works great for autobattle, even his special (as he ends up taking a lot of damage).

Autobattle more Tempest for orbs.

I can get to 21 orbs by tomorrow if I get another 15,000 points, putting me at 80k. This won't be hard at all. If nothing else my orb thirst is gonna keep me high in the rankings, for sure. I won't mind continuing to autobattle past 100k as I'm raking in the hero merit. I love seeing another 500-1000 feathers waiting for me every time I look at the castle screen.

I also need to clear the new chain challenge, I would've done it easily just now if I'd noticed the goddamn turn limit.

Just sucks as I had earmarked the upper levels of the tempest trial orbs for Nohrian Summer attempts. We've got a bunch of stuff incoming though, whatever those 'daily special maps' and 'turn limit maps' are.

$$$

You know where to get infinite orbs

$$$

Don't do it.

I've spent enough for a while. If I don't get what I want, I'll live. A second cavalry team would be overall stronger and cheaper than the flier team I was going to make anyways. But if I hadn't found this 4* Titania I'd be in dire straits right now.

Aesnath

I'm going to make one more run at hero fest and hope for any 5*. Summoning RNG is just brutal on this game.

After that, I'll be rolling for Tana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom