• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Up to 11% on the Hero Fest pity counter, no Ikes in sight anywhere.

uh

11% as in 7% focus + 4% non-focus, or 11% focus? Former is pretty unlucky, latter would be so bad I'd start looking into curse removal or exorcism.

I'm at 6.25 myself. Probably should've cut my losses and went back to Nohrian Summer. Appearance rate has always been a lie for me anyways.

Were you sniping or going full pulling? Just curious since in my experience, sniping one color can be really brutal.

I've never minded sniping, unless the color I want doesn't show up at all or shows up as one stone. like I only wanted Amelia on the new banner and that's it. I only wanted SCorrin on the summer banner and nobody else. So sniping made the most sense for me as any other unit would have been a slight disappointment. Except Tana she would have been cool to have simply for the guidance skill but maybe she'll drop to the 4* pool later.

lt519

Gah perfect advanced AA run ruined in Round 6 by a 674 team when everything else I fought was 680 or higher. It was a Ryoma, Azura, Hector and Subaki on that damn bridge map. Go figure. Should have been an easy win too, had a lot of good units left for Round 7. Only one death on my first try this week wasn't too bad though (had a good week adding Celica, Sheena, Camilla, Ike to the team).

If you surrender before selecting a tier does that just bring up a list of new options or does that forfeit your entire run?

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
uh

11% as in 7% focus + 4% non-focus, or 11% focus? Former is pretty unlucky, latter would be so bad I'd start looking into curse removal or exorcism.

Haha yeah it's the combined rate. Won't have to hire a witch doctor just yet.

Were you sniping or going full pulling? Just curious since in my experience, sniping one color can be really brutal.

I've been sniping reds, yeah, usually I have pretty good luck doing so. And I did get a bunch of Hinatas for Fury fodder, plus a Palla I wanted for SI for Summer Corrin. So it hasn't been all bad.

Mupod

sniping orbs always ends poorly for me but I keep doing it. Doesn't help that greens don't show up much.

I really should've just finished my plate when I saw 1 green and 4 blues on my last 20 pull. Well, I'll have one more tonight, we'll see.

Mupod

From the SS banner who do you guys think will be available as 4* in the future? Amelia and Seth?

Lol I haven't done that much but it's good so far. Last chapter I was in, I think it was one with fog?

Seth obviously.

Amelia would be wonderful and a good omen for my boy Ross in the future. But she seems way too good for them to do that.

The other two have legendary weapons, there isn't much precedent for those to become available as 4* but it's happened (Eirika). Innes is the more likely of the two and would help the pool of despair known as colorless a bit, since he has Cancel Affinity. Fortress Res is cool too for all the aspiring Reinhardt counters out there.

With no Kien, I'm tempted to sacrifice Alfonse, haha.

well, you can't, lol. My only DB3 is Hawkeye since I avoid grey orbs like the plague mostly. But my high-Res green situation is so horrible I get some use out of the big man.

Seth obviously.

Amelia would be wonderful and a good omen for my boy Ross in the future. But she seems way too good for them to do that.

The other two have legendary weapons, there isn't much precedent for those to become available as 4* but it's happened (Eirika). Innes is the more likely of the two and would help the pool of despair known as colorless a bit, since he has Cancel Affinity. Fortress Res is cool too for all the aspiring Reinhardt counters out there.
So Tana's the most likely to remain as 5*? Dammit, guess I'll end up try pulling now

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
60 orbs, finally got an Ike. I've wanted one since his first banner, only to have that pity rate ruined by Eldigan (not really, he's been great for horse emblem).

http://i.imgur.com/HsYKV8Y.jpg

Got all the Swordbreaker units in one pull.

And because I can't have nice things, Ike is -atk +res.
Don't write off your Ike yet. My Ryoma is -atk +res, and he's still indispensable as a green mage counter as well as a good all-round unit.

Draxal

Seth obviously.

well, you can't, lol. My only DB3 is Hawkeye since I avoid grey orbs like the plague mostly. But my high-Res green situation is so horrible I get some use out of the big man.

Main lords should be <5 as Seliph was also gettable at 4.

Big boy Ike is the main exception.

Wichu

Why is Valter's art so good? My future flier team doesn't need three blue units!

Also I've burned so many orbs on the Hero Fest banner and still don't have anything to show other than a crap Catria. Ninian pls :(

Tried pulling for Celica, but ended up with a M Corrin. Not even mad though since I was able to get a Tana from the SS banner.

Decided to boot up my GBA to see what my play through of Sacred Stones looked like from years ago. It was the first fire emblem I played and it definitely showed lol. Pretty sure I overused Seth and apparently my favorite units were Ross, Joshua, Neimi, and Tana.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Picked up a +speed, - attack Amelia. Boo on the minus attach but her speed with fury will be silly. Or maybe I give her distant counter.

mjc

Summoned a set for Ike one last time..got him in +def/-res. Could be worse, right? Is it his +atk you want in an ideal situation?

Kitoro

Pulled Tana and Innes as my 6th and 7th pull on the banner.

Tana is +Def/-Atk, and Innes is +Def/-HP.

I guess Tana will be ubertank status, and Innes.. well.. he'll do...

Summoned a set for Ike one last time..got him in +def/-res. Could be worse, right? Is it his +atk you want in an ideal situation?

+spd ideally I'd say. Keeps him from getting doubled more. +def is a pretty good boon for him if you don't get speed, as he will have the extra defense to counter act some of the additional doubles he will encounter.

Shito

Damn, the game knows when to throw me a bone!
Decided to buy a few orbs (only bought some once months ago), if only as a way to support IS since I've been playing this game for so long, in the secret hope of pulling Amelia because I want to build an armor team around my +1 Effie. No luck, I catch a 5 stars Meric and 5 stars Catria in the process. I decide to make a big dent in my free stash of orbs, and on my last pull before giving up and keeping just a few for the future here she is! A +def -res Amelia, not too bad of an IV I think!

Now to clean up my box a little, 225/225, need to make some space for Valter!

Been building Amelia up and that Armor move skill really is something. Can get too used to her and Effie moving two spaces. Will be using her for probably an armor duo. Have a good Sheena, couple middling Effies, Zephiel, good Draug and Gwendolyn. All 4* though and still missing a certain character I hear about here and there...

What kind of teams are you guys running for the chain challenges? Can't seem to do the whole chapter ones. Eventually my team taps out since initiating means someone has to take a hit on every map. Are healers really needed?

Sushen

What kind of teams are you guys running for the chain challenges? Can't seem to do the whole chapter ones. Eventually my team taps out since initiating means someone has to take a hit on every map. Are healers really needed?
Medic M Marth works great and breath of life helps if you put it on your main kill unit.

spiritfox

Hmm an Ephraim and Innes combo works pretty well. One's a physical tank with poor res while the other one's a mage killer with poor def.

If only my Innes wasn't -res...

Sushen

Hmm an Ephraim and Innes combo works pretty well. One's a physical tank with poor res while the other one's a mage killer with poor def.

If only my Innes wasn't -res...
Mine is res- as well. While I was calculating, M Robin was only survivng mage which can be a problem for the duo. I like your idea, though. I'll probably try it myself.

YOOOOO +Atk -HP

On my sixth orb!
20891297_10213532389161391_470283113_n.jpg

4830 for Arena Assault whew!

Was able to save Reinhardt for the last map and used Dancer's Veil on him once to clean up the right side of the double bridge map.

Mathematics

Neo Member
i used it for this

Got a 4792 in Arena Assault, hopefully that keeps me in the top 10,000.

I use Darting Blow on Spring Camilla, since it allows her to double reds sometimes without sacrificing her weirdly good defense.

I put Darting Blow on my +ATK Nino and +SPD Palla. With the latter I'm thinking whether a Brave Sword could work as a quad build.

Fliers sound like a good spot to start.
I still have a 3* +SPD -DEF Nino that needs some love. Going for the Fury3 standard build on my Nino first.

I use Darting Blow on Medic Masked Marth.

Same. May do the same with my +speed Tharja as well since she comes with it already. Just need to upgrade her to 5* soon.

I'm working towards a medic M!Marth as well. I'll look into Darting Blow for her A slot.

Thanks GAF!

Have a couple Boey's I have no idea what to do with. Maybe I'll skip on the Earth Boost and give the Ignis' to some horse units

Fliers sound like a good spot to start.
I still have a 3* +SPD -DEF Nino that needs some love. Going for the Fury3 standard build on my Nino first.

I'm working towards a medic M!Marth as well. I'll look into Darting Blow for her A slot.

Thanks GAF!

Have a couple Boey's I have no idea what to do with. Maybe I'll skip on the Earth Boost and give the Ignis' to some horse units

Earth boost is just too much of an enemy phase skill to be worthwhile and it doesn't even do that well. Boosting defense can be done in much more reliable ways. Wind boost is a far more interesting skill, especially on a unit like Amelia, but it is reserved to 5* units at the moment. Boey is good for Renewal 3 if you have him at 5* (Renewal 2 is ok too for falchion users like masked marth), and Ignis.

jnWake

Did we ever find out what Sacred Coins are for? Also seems Hero Merit goes past 2000 now?

HM goes to 3000 now! Enjoy your extra 1k feathers.

My free pull on SS banner was 3* Lon'qu. Luckily the colorless next to him was a +atk-def Innes. Training him for arena now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom