• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

I struggled badly with cavalry but two dancers with Reinhardt/Xander did it.

Looking how easy it is with fliers only affirms my stance they are the most dominant composition in the game.

Wiseblade

I struggled badly with cavalry but two dancers with Reinhardt/Xander did it.

Looking how easy it is with fliers only affirms my stance they are the most dominant composition in the game.
The chokepoints on the map are the thing that makes it difficult for standard horse emblem, along with Panic Ploy. Flier Emblem is ablessed to ignore that and preserve their buffs to trivialise the map.

Geez, Infernal Valtar sure was something. I actually quite enjoyed it, although for enemy-infested maps like this, the no player death rule can be pretty annoying.

Anyway, I ended up clearing it with Swordbreaker Delthea, Bride Cordelia, Brave Axe Cherche and Ruby Sword Olivia.

I can picture Flier Emblem team being really good for this map, but I sadly don't have either of the mage fliers.

Zafir

Yeah I did infernal with fliers. Much easier I imagine.

The chokepoints on the map are the thing that makes it difficult for standard horse emblem, along with Panic Ploy. Flier Emblem is ablessed to ignore that and preserve their buffs to trivialise the map.
Panic ploy is still a pain if you're using blade fliers. Messed up my scam and scor a bit. I think the mobility is what really helps. Especially if you have reposition on everyone.

Mupod

Somehow beat lunatic with my ragtag band of camilla, unfinished summer corrin (who currently does no damage but reposition and tanking red mages helped), Xander and Camus. Camus with Goad prevents Panic Ploy issues and allows Xander to easily handle the axe and archer at the start, as well as one-shot one of the reinforcement guys.

The swarm at the end was pretty scary and I almost gave up because I thought 20 HP Camus would just get blown up by the mounted red mage. But it went after Corrin instead, because Camus' vantage moonbow apparently would've one-shot it.

Lancebreaker Camilla handled every blue but the problem was keeping her out of harm's way since it throws SO many red reinforcements in. The funny thing is I thought I'd have to burn feathers to give her lancebreaker, but then I remembered she got her Emerald Axe+ from Arthur and I made sure to give her rank 3. Of course, she only had SP for rank 1.

I haven't even looked at Infernal yet but there's no way this strat will work there. I'll take a look at it later I guess.

o_O

Flier emblem OP

I mean, it only works because they're +10.

lt519

Horse Emblem dominated infernal. Rein takes out red mage, Camus repositions. Xander bait kills axe and arrow. Rein gets attacked by Lance and survives. Rein kills valter, Camus repositions, Titania kills lance. Xander comes back to the group. Rein kills armor, keep Xander low left to deal with axe. Move entire group to the right and take care of the two axe with Xander and Rein can be help/finish off mage.

Took me two tries, was the same strategy as Lunatic. Lost the first time to the final mage showing up killing a very weak Rein. Next time I just made sure Camus was in range for Goad.

Made a video, this is why I like Titania over Cecilia and that's coming from someone that just spent 46k feathers on Cecilia.

https://youtu.be/kidjpf2TXgc

Sterok

Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Azura beat Hard and Lunatic in a single try. They beat Infernal too, but only after I gave Cecilia Axebreaker and about 5 stamina potions. Enemies spawn so fast that it's almost impossible to kill them quick enough before you're overwhelmed until you learn when they spawn in your optimal route.

spiritfox

Beat Infernal with the same double dancer team! Had to put Hone Speed on Azura cause my Klein was -spd, and was being doubled by the archer, and an att seal on a +att vanilla Klein had just enough to kill said archer on the 2nd turn. After that was just positioning both him and Rein in spots so they can handle the reinforcements and not get killed. Azura managed to tank a hit from the Knight thankfully.

Edit: And to celebrate I got an off focus 5* Catria. Again. How on earth am I getting more off focus 5*s than focus.

Sciel

Cleared Lunatic fairly easily, same strat doesn't work on Infernal unfortunately.

Really wish i had a decent Blue Tome User (Not Odin!). Just noticed that all my mages are Green (Nino,Sonya)/Red (Celica, Tharja).

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is Valter's lance inheritable? Killer weapon with built-in Fury 2 sounds great.

Pulled the trigger and promoted Palla. Time to take her back to 40.

Dancer + melee user with Drag Back/Hit and Run is pretty interesting. It lets the dancer hang back further than usual.

I mean, it only works because they're +10.
And probably SIed out the wazoo, right? That looked like at least two Galeforce procs, which probably needs a lot of Heavy Blade thrown in there to get that up so quickly.

kewlmyc

I can beat this infernal grand battle, but it's going to require me leveling up my Olivia to level 40 and getting WoM3 on her. It won't be hard, but it'll take a while.

Aesnath

I beat infernal with Klein (+atk, -hp; DB3, Bow Breaker 2, Threaten Defense 3, Astra +atk seal), Able (+atk, -def; fury 3, lancebreaker 2), Olivia (4* neutral, Wom2), Ninian (TA2, escape route2, Fortify Def2, atk ploy seal).

It took several tries and I think it would have gone easier if I had a reinhardt to use. Strictly speaking, Abel needs to be something that can kill both the firesweep lance guy on the left and the red mage in one shot. When I won, I also used him to bait and tank a round from the red cavalry, which he managed to barely do. Lancebreaker made sure that he quaded the firesweep lance guy.

As for Klein, the important thing ended up being threaten defense, so that he had an easier time killing non-flying units. You want to make sure that he can tank a full hit from the archer on the first enemy phase AND that it brings him into wom range. I'm also not entirely sure how important astra was, but Klein did have to kill a couple of cavalry, so I suspect you want some kind of damage boost at least.

Ninian ended up tanking a hit from the red knight, but if you use a dancer that can get out of the way easily, it may not be important, I'm not sure.

Not sure if any of this helps, but good luck.

Mupod

As usual most of the early strats are 'I just used bridelia/reinhardt lol' but that's fine because I'd rather figure it out for myself. I wanted to try out my flier team but -atk, default tome SCorrin simply lacks the power to even dent these things on lunatic let alone infernal. I'm worried Panic Ploy will screw over my double cavalry blade tome team but I suppose I can try it once since people are saying they did it with horses.

I've got plenty of units to choose from so I know I can do it. I haven't needed to burn feathers (for specific SI) to clear any infernal map yet so I'll hold off on doing anything weird with axebreaker etc.

Pulled the trigger and promoted Palla. Time to take her back to 40.

Dancer + melee user with Drag Back/Hit and Run is pretty interesting. It lets the dancer hang back further than usual.

And probably SIed out the wazoo, right? That looked like at least two Galeforce procs, which probably needs a lot of Heavy Blade thrown in there to get that up so quickly.

I made a Palla too, long term Caeda would probably be better (have a +atk -hp one) but I'm feather starved atm and Palla comes with a nice enough kit. And the likelihood of them adding a much, much better red flier is extremely high. If they put in an easily obtainable Def Ploy I can look into Wo Dao+ Caeda.

As for the one-round team, yeah of course. But the guy who did it specifically said it was a close call even with +10s.

kewlmyc

Not even sure how Bridelia works here, unless you have a firesweep bow on her, bow breaker, or she's Spd+. Brave Bow Bridelia isn't fast enough to take out the archer in one round.

God I wish mine was Spd+. :/

Ondore

Took about a pot and a half, but got Lunatic Valter with Ninian/Xander/Tinyhands McThundercock/Triraven Cecilia. Had to pop a Lancebreaker 1 and finally put Reposition on Xander to pull it off.

lt519

Not even sure how Bridelia works here, unless you have a firesweep bow on her, bow breaker, or she's Spd+. Brave Bow Bridelia isn't fast enough to take out the archer in one round.

God I wish mine was Spd+. :/

The AI power creep is real. My Rein couldn't take out the red mage at the end unless he had Hone + Goad Cavalry. When the best unit in the game starts to struggle taking out units of the other color they've gone a tad too far.

As usual most of the early strats are 'I just used bridelia/reinhardt lol' but that's fine because I'd rather figure it out for myself.

Xander is the real MVP. Taking down two units the first turn and then bodying all the axe fliers. But yeah, would need a major rework of strategy without Rein. Probably either Nowi/Olivia/Xander/Titania or replace Nowi with another strong blue mage like Delthea or Linde.

Mupod

Anyone tried Merric on infernal? If nothing else it'd probably be good for a laugh as he fails to actually kill any of the fliers. Bet he does 0dmg to the red reinforcement.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I made a Palla too, long term Caeda would probably be better (have a +atk -hp one) but I'm feather starved atm and Palla comes with a nice enough kit. And the likelihood of them adding a much, much better red flier is extremely high. If they put in an easily obtainable Def Ploy I can look into Wo Dao+ Caeda.
Palla is surprisingly good on her own, yeah. With flier buffs, she becomes pretty good at everything. I ended up promoting a +spd one because I felt like the additional speed took her above more thresholds and made her a better all-round unit than a +atk one. I think it also raised her speed by 4 instead of 3, but I could be wrong.

With flier buffs, her stats are so high that her Ruby Sword might be doing her a disservice. I might give her Tobin's Armorslayer to make her more rounded out. I don't intend to use Tobin anyway.

Nope, it's considered a legendary weapon.
Aw. Not too surprising, though.

kswiston

I pulled a second Takumi in my 5th (failed) attempt to get one of the sacred stones units.

Is there anything interesting that I can do with that close counter? I saw a Boey set up with it, but I don't have him.

Mupod

The AI power creep is real. My Rein couldn't take out the red mage at the end unless he had Hone + Goad Cavalry. When the best unit in the game starts to struggle taking out units of the other color they've gone a tad too far.

Xander is the real MVP. Taking down two units the first turn and then bodying all the axe fliers. But yeah, would need a major rework of strategy without Rein. Probably either Nowi/Olivia/Xander/Titania or replace Nowi with another strong blue mage like Delthea or Linde.

That didn't work out for me on infernal. I think I need Ignis instead of Bonfire, I do have a Boey somewhere that I'm not using. The funny thing is that when the archer survived, he used escape route to take a shot at Cecilia who killed him and survived. I could leave it as-is and use her own escape route to take advantage of this, but that might not be something I can do reliably.

I actually came pretty close just now with azura/cecilia/ursula/xander but I simply couldn't keep up with the swarm of bullshit (why does panic ploy need to be on everything). The B slots on Cecilia and Ursula weren't optimal as it was a trial run...thankfully, both have 7000+ SP and I've fed them tons of random crap over time. So for no cost I can try out R Tomebreaker on Ursula, and maybe Axebreaker on Cecilia if Escape Route doesn't work.

lt519

That didn't work out for me on infernal. I think I need Ignis instead of Bonfire, I do have a Boey somewhere that I'm not using. The funny thing is that when the archer survived, he used escape route to take a shot at Cecilia who killed him and survived. I could leave it as-is and use her own escape route to take advantage of this, but that might not be something I can do reliably.

FYI my Xander is buffed with Hone Cavalry at the start from Titania. So he's got extra attack while baiting. But yeah, he lights things up with Ignis.

Firemind

For future reference, any weapon that maxes out with a + at 5* is inheritable. Those that don't, and have 16 mt (melee) or 14 mt (ranged) are not.
Thanks! That makes sense actually haha

I was debating whether to put Silver Lance on Azura because I don't want her to get nuked by greens, but Berkut's Lance is a straight upgrade.

lt519

So Klein is worth 5*? I've got a +SPD one and no 5* archers. He's already level 40 4* with no SP spent so he'd be quick to build.

Roman

So Klein is worth 5*? I've got a +SPD one and no 5* archers. He's already level 40 4* with no SP spent so he'd be quick to build.

Virion (and Gordin) have the same Atk, so if you have +Atk versions of them they would do 6 more damage with a Brave Bow.
I pulled a second Takumi in my 5th (failed) attempt to get one of the sacred stones units.

Is there anything interesting that I can do with that close counter? I saw a Boey set up with it, but I don't have him.

Close Counter Vantage Merric is a fun meme build both for Assault modes and GHBs like this one.

Aesnath

I rolled a +atk at 5* during the death blow banner and I was surprised at how useful he's been. His base kit is really solid. I've used him pretty extensively on the last two GHB and the bound hero thing. He doesn't take a lot of investment to be workable, but I have found breakers to be pretty nice in these BS-difficulty level experiences. If I keep running him like this, I will have inherited every breaker in the game onto him.

On the other hand, I believe that there is some argument that his kit might be better on other things, meaning it may not be the best long term investment. Moreover, from my experience, the +atk ends up being relevant somewhat frequently, meaning +spd might punch a little lower than I'm talking about.

Samstrike

I had a hard time getting defensive wins in arena with my horse emblem team (Reinhardt, Camus, Xander and Alphonse/Anna/Sharena). Would get 0-1 wins each weeks. I was shooting for Amelia on that last banner and got a ton of Cecilia. Decided to make my first 4*+10 and killed a 5* Nino in the process to give her weapon. Replaced Camus with my new Cecilia and now i have 8 wins in 3 days. Look like you really need 2 mages to make horse emblem work in defense. I guess everyone bring a counter for Reinhardt.

Mupod

ignis xander, axebreaker cecilia, r tomebreaker ursula and Azura got me pretty far...but not far enough. I need a way to kill the anti-horse red tome without taking damage, because Ursula just gets too fucked up by the red mage gauntlet to make it to the end. I do have an idea that requires me to get really aggressive with Ursula early on, and it might work well if the mage goes after Azura instead of her. Hm...

but yeah the last wave of reinforcements is just insane. I'd be fascinated to see if someone manages to do this with 4* or minimal SI.

Kenai

26yumwpxj3hz.png

<3

Sushen

I used to have several Pallas. I didn't think twice to sacrifice her for moonbow. It's been more than a month since I got my last Palla and I miss her badly now as Caeda is terrible, but only red unit for the flier team for me.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Managed to clear Lunatic Valter with Reinhardt, Olivia, Xander, and Klein. Same strat didn't work in infernal as Xander wasn't able to kill that archer in 1 shot.

Mupod

I think I'm gonna change things up for Infernal, horse team is simply not working, don't have Reinhardt and Ursula can't run around one shotting the map unless she's buffed up.

I'm reading that several people are clearing this with a brave bow (some saying they used 4* Gordin) and two dancers. The only decent archer I have is a +SPD -RES Takumi, but he has immense amounts of SP from autobattling TT so I can do whatever I want with him. His default weapon is nice and all but I don't think it'll hit hard enough, and he certainly won't double anything here (all the fliers have like 39 speed).

Problem is I have exactly one brave bow, and it's on a 3* Gordin. I'm certainly not wasting 20k feathers here but Takumi with a normal Brave Bow has the same attack stat as a 4* Gordin with one + his innate attack+3. So it should be doable. As for the fourth unit...blade Linde maybe? Could give Rally Speed to Takumi for full buff coverage...hmmm....

Vena

I think I'm gonna change things up for Infernal, horse team is simply not working, don't have Reinhardt and Ursula can't run around one shotting the map unless she's buffed up.

I'm reading that several people are clearing this with a brave bow (some saying they used 4* Gordin) and two dancers. The only decent archer I have is a +SPD -RES Takumi, but he has immense amounts of SP from autobattling TT so I can do whatever I want with him. His default weapon is nice and all but I don't think it'll hit hard enough, and he certainly won't double anything here (all the fliers have like 39 speed).

Problem is I have exactly one brave bow, and it's on a 3* Gordin. I'm certainly not wasting 20k feathers here but Takumi with a normal Brave Bow has the same attack stat as a 4* Gordin with one + his innate attack+3. So it should be doable. As for the fourth unit...blade Linde maybe? Could give Rally Speed to Takumi for full buff coverage...hmmm....

You don't need two dancers. I did with the one dancer and BB you can see my builds in the vid I posted earlier.

Mupod

Huh. All the fliers on Infernal (except Valter) have the exact same HP and defense (52 HP, 24 defense). Neutral attack Takumi with his default weapon one shots all of them with death blow 2 and the attack+1 seal, or hone atk + attack seal. Brave bow does it with a lot of overkill, though. And relying on buffs is what got me into trouble in the first place.

You don't need two dancers. I did with the one dancer and BB you can see my builds in the vid I posted earlier.

heading home now, will check it out when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom