• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral Atk/spd Cordelia worth upgrading to 5* to run LaD Firesweep+ build? I know everyone likes +spd for that, but I am hoping to get her within one of two Goad fliers and a Hone speed from Olivia which would put her at 49 speed with the sacred seal, 45 if she just gets the Hone speed or just a Goad.

Anyone tried this on a Nuetral IV Cordelia? Or would you advise against? Would it be better to just do deathblow 3 with brave lance+?

Alucrid

Banned
Neutral Atk/spd Cordelia worth upgrading to 5* to run LaD Firesweep+ build? I know everyone likes +spd for that, but I am hoping to get her within one of two Goad fliers and a Hone speed from Olivia which would put her at 49 speed with the sacred seal, 45 if she just gets the Hone speed or just a Goad. Combined with wings of Mercy Olivia to come and

Anyone tried this on a Nuetral IV Cordelia? Or would you advise against? Would it be better to just do deathblow 3 with brave lance+?

i have a +atk one that i just put darting blow on and it works fine

Sushen

Are you sure?
Most of my cards that I use can kill lots of enemies given chance. Frederick isn't best at it among them. Hence, not my kill card. For that, I find his usability very limited with his 11 res in the current mage dominated meta. Sure, more skilled players will use him fine but I feel a lot less nervous to put out Titania or even Anna than Frederick.

9vS3xjd.png
qOx7zFD.png
I am
not
sorry.

It's too bad I lack decent SI fodder at the moment and I'm fresh out of orbs to pull for more (only got Chain Challenge 11 + 12 left and it's kicking my butt).

Ah well, plenty of time.

Is it worth it to promote Valter to *5 for Panic Ploy 3? 🤔

Use him for the bonus unit for two weeks then sack him.

Speaking of bonus units, are they going to run this current set for another week? The banners don't expire until a few days after the next arena week starts. Or hopefully a new banner starts tomorrow.

We used to get banners on thursdays but they are all out of whack now.

macklelol

Use him for the bonus unit for two weeks then sack him.

Speaking of bonus units, are they going to run this current set for another week? The banners don't expire until a few days after the next arena week starts. Or hopefully a new banner starts tomorrow.

We used to get banners on thursdays but they are all out of whack now.

They've always been out of whack since most new units banner lasts for more than two weeks.

I haven't seen anything on the Japanese twitter account about a longer arena rotation, so who knows what's gonna happen.

They've always been out of whack since most new units banner lasts for more than two weeks.

I haven't seen anything on the Japanese twitter account about a longer arena rotation, so who knows what's gonna happen.

It got messed up with the first Ike banner that ran for 3 weeks and overlapped with the first hero fest banner. It has had moments of normalcy after that but then we've had back to back month long banners.

macklelol

It got messed up with the first Ike banner that ran for 3 weeks and overlapped with the first hero fest banner. It has had moments of normalcy after that but then we've had back to back month long banners.
We still got new units banners in the middle of the month long banners, so it's not like anything actually changed. There was even an overlap between the summer banners! But again, most banners have been longer than two weeks, so we are eventually going to run into the problem we have now, where we have no idea what's gonna happen for arena.

Scum

Yaaaaay!
Ninian, Olivia, Azura and Bridal Cordelia for Infernal Valter.
Nino, Azura, Linde and Eirika for Lunatic Valter.

Thanks guides!
BCak9ik.png

MiTYH

Did... something change? I've been running Tempest Trial (third to last difficulty) nonstop basically since it started (almost 70k), and now all of a sudden I'm getting KO Lvl 20+ flier foes crediting. Did I just really never face them before?

Therion

Did... something change? I've been running Tempest Trial (third to last difficulty) nonstop basically since it started (almost 70k), and now all of a sudden I'm getting KO Lvl 20+ flier foes crediting. Did I just really never face them before?
It's a bug--your daily quests are resetting. Apparently it's been around for a few days, but it just started happening to me today--I've actually "completed" my dailies seven times today. (And no, you can't claim the rewards more than once.) I've also been putting all my stamina into the tempest trials every day and it's really annoying to have it constantly interrupt the continuous auto-battle.

MiTYH

It's a bug--your daily quests are resetting. Apparently it's been around for a few days, but it just started happening to me today--I've actually "completed" my dailies seven times today. (And no, you can't claim the rewards more than once.) I've also been putting all my stamina into the tempest trials every day and it's really annoying to have it constantly interrupt the continuous auto-battle.

Yeah, found this out when I went to claim it. Damn annoying, hopefully it gets fixed soon... with an apology reward!

Sterok

With Lucina, Sharena, Fae, and M!Robin starting off I've gotten my Arena Assault up to 4802. Not bad seeing as Fae only has Fury 2. I might replace Robin with Jeorge and his legendary bow, but he's not kitted out yet, and since he's -Spd not sure how effective he'll be. Though it's the same as Robin's speed, so it should be fine.

Does anyone remember to use items? I forget they exist most of the time, and most of my mistakes come with someone dying right then and there, so items won't save the run.

Sushen

Never thought I'd be happy to pull a 5* Odin. Sac'd him to SCorrin in record time too :p
20k is a lot of feathers. I would say that's worth at least 10 orbs.

I had many chances to go close to 4800 in AA if I stop making stupid mistakes. Playing 7 matches in a row pushes my attention span. Maybe, I have ADD, haha.

kswiston

So, I had started to work on a 5* Jeorge that I pulled a while back, spending the 20k feathers to get him a brave bow+ from Gordon, and another 2k feathers to get one of my 3* Hanas to 4*s for Life and Death 2 (can't justify 20k feathers for L&D3 right now). This was while he was in his mid 20s. I level him up and notice his attack isn't very high. Sure enough, I get to lv 40 and find out that he's -atk....

Luckily the spare 4* star Jeorge I had was atk+ (and def-). It cost me another 20k feathers to salvage the build, but my new Jeorge is pretty great. Managed to snag another point of attack on the +level too.

I am really glad that merge unit passes on all of the skills now!

Not so thrilled about being back to 25k feathers though.

EDIT: Also, yesterday I found out that my Summer Corrin is -atk as well. I am not sure how much work I will put into her with that bane.

Tripon

Got to 100K in tempest. First time I was able to do it. There's 19K+ people in front of me. I'm at 131 orbs and counting right now. Finally going to focus on Valter.

ggx2ac

I'm trying to do chapter 9&10 chain challenges again.

It's so bullshit.

First I just need to change my strategy on the fifth stage chapter 9 so I don't lose two people.

Second, they really need to fix up defense stages. Fail during a defense stage? Extra enemies stay on, no reset, and you start from turn one again. Only if you take out Soren he stays out but it doesn't help when chapter 10 has invincible enemies.

IceMarker

Yeah, the later chain challenges really need to be toned down, they are some of the hardest maps you can do in FEH, and I'm not even f2p btw.

I'm trying to do chapter 9&10 chain challenges again.

It's so bullshit.

First I just need to change my strategy on the fifth stage chapter 9 so I don't lose two people.

Second, they really need to fix up defense stages. Fail during a defense stage? Extra enemies stay on, no reset, and you start from turn one again. Only if you take out Soren he stays out but it doesn't help when chapter 10 has invincible enemies.

I'm sure they stay dead. I did the one with invincible Ike which is stage 3 I think. My first team went down but when I re-attempted it barely any units showed up

Hey FE Heroes Gaf

After 2 months and a half of hiatus, I decided to replay this game (I made an attempt one month ago but didn't work out) and I saw that maps are way harder than before so I need tips about what to do now with my current team.

First how can I win against valter on Lunatic with this 5 stars roster

Thanks

ggx2ac

I'm sure they stay dead. I did the one with invincible Ike which is stage 3 I think. My first team went down but when I re-attempted it barely any units showed up

I just went through the second defense stage so I can clarify the problem.

Initial units stay dead, what doesn't reset are the reinforcements. They carried over.

What makes things worse is that this doesn't affect the remaining reinforcements because I still had reinforcements appearing every turn until I finished the stage.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally got a +Atk female Corrin! Merging her on top of my billion other 4-star Corrins and giving her Lightning Breath+ has made her an actual threat finally. Her combination of high speed and defense is interesting to play around with.

First how can I win against valter on Lunatic with this 5 stars roster

With those units, you could probably use the Takumi and Olivia to take out all the fliers to the north, use Nowi or Hector or Soren to take out Valter and the archer, and use Effie or Clair to take out the red mages. Something like that.

Finally got a +Atk female Corrin! Merging her on top of my billion other 4-star Corrins and giving her Lightning Breath+ has made her an actual threat finally. Her combination of high speed and defense is interesting to play around with.

With those units, you could probably use the Takumi and Olivia to take out all the fliers to the north, use Nowi or Hector to take out Valter and the archer, and use Effie or Clair to take out the red mages. Something like that.

Oh yeah clever, I'll try that, thanks !

Edit : Ok i don't see it working lol

Semajer

I just noticed your character's icon becomes shiny if you get them to level 50. Assuming this only applies to 5*.

Edit: Here you can see it: (Nino is at level 50)

Is the shiny icon only on the edit team page? Does it change anything in the catalogue or hero merit list?

ggx2ac

I finally beat the Chapter 9 & 10 Chain Challenge.

Is the shiny icon only on the edit team page? Does it change anything in the catalogue or hero merit list?

It's shiny only in the Allies section (Edit team, learn skills, etc.)

There's no change in the catalogue or hero merit list.

yuraya

And here I am with 0 Hectors. At least my awful Alphonse build was actually useful here. (escutcheon + brash assault)

I hope they bring back Hector banner. Its the one unit I was never able to get that I really want. I got 5* Amelia and Effie. I'm ready to form my all armor team by promoting Zephiel too but I need Hector first.

Firemind

Finally beat Valter on lunatic. He wasn't even a problem as Hector twoshotted him. It took Axebreaker on YTiki to deal with the pegasus knights, three Wings of Mercy to move Hector, Azura and Kagero around the map, and a lot of restarts because of bad positioning. I'm not even going to try Infernal lol

redcrayon

Finally got Amelia!

I've been experimenting with Armour March and one thing that I found interesting is that it even allows armour to move two squares through forests, whereas usually an infantry unit would either have to stop at a forest, or only move into it if starting already next to it. Essentially Armour March is move (1) + move (1) as a single action rather than move (2), which usually makes little difference but allows you a big advantage in manouverability vs infantry on forest maps.

Finally got Amelia!

I've been experimenting with Armour March and one thing that I found interesting is that it even allows armour to move two squares through forests, whereas usually an infantry unit would either have to stop at a forest, or only move into it if starting already next to it. Essentially Armour March is move (1) + move (1) as a single action rather than move (2), which usually makes little difference but allows you a big advantage in manouverability vs infantry on forest maps.
Armored units actually have no penalty from forest tiles, it's just because they can only usually move one space at a time that it wasn't ever an issue. (I think Feh even has it as one of the hints.)

You'd get the same effect if you used Boots on Armored units during Arena Assault.

redcrayon

Armored units actually have no penalty from forest tiles, it's just because they can only usually move one space at a time that it wasn't ever an issue. (I think Feh even has it as one of the hints.)

You'd get the same effect if you used Boots on Armored units during Arena Assault.
Ah, I see, that makes more sense, thanks.

Lelou

Once again, a guide for clearing Infernal Valter with all 4 star units, with no skill inheritance.
I think all of them are free units except Gordin (who might also be a free unit).
You need neutral/+Attack Gordin though. You cannot do this with -Attack. And using seals or promoting him will change enemy behavior.

Thanks i manage to do it with a neutral gordin with deathblow 2 and +1 str seal.
I needed even to put +3 on donnel because of changing of movement on enemy side (his donnel has +def -hp ivs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom