• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if OST, 134 tracks, 8 discs (7 CDs + 1 DVD), 6800 yen, out on April 27th

donny2112

Safe to assume that DVD will be region locked, right? Only thing holding me back, haven't had a region free player for a while and I lack the patience for other routes. Edit: Ah, yeah, right there in the description. Hm.

You can use something like the trial version of DVDFab to decrypt the DVD, and then you can rip it with Handbrake to keep it available after the trial runs out. I ordered the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Concert DVD from Amazon.co.jp and did that to watch it. Should work fine with this one, too, then.

Hero

This might be dumb but I can't login to Amazon.jp with my Amazon.com account right? Gotta make a new one for the JP site?

donny2112

This might be dumb but I can't login to Amazon.jp with my Amazon.com account right? Gotta make a new one for the JP site?

Correct. The Amazon EU sites all work with the U.S. login, but the Amazon JP site requires a separate login.

Zalman

I would order this right now if customs weren't so insane in my country. Could end up paying twice as much for it. :/

I would order this right now if customs weren't so insane in my country. Could end up paying twice as much for it. :/

amazon jp will automatically estimate your country tax during checkout, so no paying twice as much due to shitty shipping company/post office service fee due to custom handling

Zalman

amazon jp will automatically estimate your country tax during checkout, so no paying twice as much due to shitty shipping company/post office service fee due to custom handling
That's cool. I just ordered it just in case. Still pretty expensive with the import fees but if there's no surprise fees later on then I'm cool with it. Don't want to miss this one.

Ordered it with Pokémon Red/Green soundtrack. They come out on the same day.

I ordered my copy of this through Amazon.co.jp and this morning they sent me an e-mail concerning my order. I don't know Japanese so I ran it through Google translate. If I understand this correctly, it seems they just wanted to let me know that Amazon.co.jp now has a limited edition of the soundtrack. Google translate says the limited edition says it comes "with B6 size clear file".

Here's the original product page that was linked to earlier in this thread

This is the Amazon.co.jp's limited edition's page they referred me to

Could someone confirm this? What's the difference between the two? They cost the same.

The_Kid

If my understanding is correct, the new product page comes with the initial run bonus that goods sometimes come with in Japan. The only difference is the additional clear file for no extra money.

donny2112

Yeah, I'm not sure why they didn't just transfer us to the Limited Edition version. Went ahead and ordered the LE version, too. Will hold onto the original version until a clearer understanding of the Japanese is made, just in case. My interpretation is the same, though, that Amazon.co.jp is just telling us that a version with a preorder bonus is available for an item we already ordered.

Edit:
This is apparently the special LE cover that's only from Amazon for the soundtrack. Not sure what the notches are for at the right.
918MaMcLy4L._SL1500_.jpg

If my understanding is correct, the new product page comes with the initial run bonus that goods sometimes come with in Japan. The only difference is the additional clear file for no extra money.

OK, thanks! I went ahead and switched over to the limited edition. I figured I might as well as it costs the same and it comes with a little something extra.

Edit: in case anybody else is wondering, the limited edition ships to the US too.

Labrys

Edit:
This is apparently the special LE cover that's only from Amazon for the soundtrack. Not sure what the notches are for at the right.
It's not a cover, it's a clear file. The notches are so you can easily open it to put papers, etc. inside.
Ordered however, thank you for the heads up! Fates' soundtrack is outstanding and the Azura file will look nice in my collection.

Letep

This looks amazing. Does anyone know the difference in editions on Amazon.jp? There's one that says "limited edition of B6-size clear file"?

Zalman

I ordered my copy of this through Amazon.co.jp and this morning they sent me an e-mail concerning my order. I don't know Japanese so I ran it through Google translate. If I understand this correctly, it seems they just wanted to let me know that Amazon.co.jp now has a limited edition of the soundtrack. Google translate says the limited edition says it comes "with B6 size clear file".

Here's the original product page that was linked to earlier in this thread

This is the Amazon.co.jp's limited edition's page they referred me to

Could someone confirm this? What's the difference between the two? They cost the same.
Wow, this sucks. I ordered it with the Pokémon RBGY boxes, but now the Red one isn't available straight from Amazon. I can't cancel my current order and order everything again. They should've just upgraded our current orders.

Yeah, I got that email last night and cancelled my previous order to switch over to the one with the clear file bonus. Figured that since they cost the same, why not just get it.

Now comes the waiting.

Wow, this sucks. I ordered it with the Pokémon RBGY boxes, but now the Red one isn't available straight from Amazon. I can't cancel my current order and order everything again. They should've just upgraded our current orders.

Does it not let you cancel individual items from your order? I know Amazon US does. You shouldn't need to cancel everything.

I agree though, they should have just upgraded everybody's order. It's not like it cost more, came out later, didn't ship internationally, or anything else inconvenient.

I'm confuse, what happen? I ordered from Amazon the day it went up, but I'm hearing theirs a limited edition?

what comes with that?

Zalman

Does it not let you cancel individual items from your order? I know Amazon US does. You shouldn't need to cancel everything.

I agree though, they should have just upgraded everybody's order. It's not like it cost more, came out later, didn't ship internationally, or anything else inconvenient.
I can cancel it individually, but they don't combine orders. So I'd have to pay for shipping and import fees twice.

I think I'll try contacting them and see what they say.

I can cancel it individually, but they don't combine orders. So I'd have to pay for shipping and import fees twice.

I think I'll try contacting them and see what they say.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. Depending on when the other items are released it might be possible for them to ship multiple orders all in one package. I don't know if this is true if you don't have Prime, but they will automatically combine my multiple US orders whenever possible. I just happened to have some stuff ordered and due to arrive the same day that my preordered Twilight Princess HD game was due to arrive and they just threw it all together in one shipment with no action from me. But then we're talking about an international order here so who knows.

Whats a clear file really used for? I ordered with CD Japan and I dont know if I should order through Amazon.co.jp instead.

Storing papers and stuff like that. Assuming you want it for collection purposes, you'd probably never use it for its intended purpose. I suppose you could frame it and put it on your wall instead (it'd be about letter-sized, so 8.5" x 11" or thereabouts). It's a first-press trinket, which tend to be small things like stickers and buttons, and unless you are a completionist you likely won't miss it.

Renewed

I'm enjoying just listening to the additional tracks like the DLC, amiibo and such.

I really enjoyed Disc 7 Track 19 - ENISHI. Also lol, all the slow/offkey Castle themes are here too.

Got mine today - it arrived two days after shipping, goddamn. I've never gotten anything collector-ish from Amazon JP, and THAT is how you ship a delicate box, with the item suspended in tight plastic wrap. I was in awe. There may have been a choir of angels in the background. The shipping was so cheap, too. Ahhhhhh, so good.

Got mine from Amazon Japan as well. I forgot how small B5 paper is but the clear file is still awesome.

It's definitely a great set though I still am not a fan of how the CDs are stored in the case.

Best of all was using my Amazon Japan points to take off roughly $9 off the price.

mcmmaster

That fast delivery from Amazon Japan! Only 2 days to arrive to the UK after shipping, think I might stick with them for my soundtrack imports from now on. Wow are these discs pretty.

rsz_02_by_mcmemie-da0qmna.jpg

rsz_01_by_mcmemie-da0qmni.jpg

Mine came without the file but I got the pins from Amazon. Crazy fast shipping. Faster than local Amazon lol.

Edit: was my mistake. I ordered the edition that didn't mention the file. :/ Smh

Ripping the set now, and the most amazing thing is that despite there apparently being only one listing on freedb, and despite the soundtrack ONLY being available as a seven-disc set, and not as a collection of individual albums, the metadata across discs is totally inconsistent.

At least someone took the time to do it, though. Copying and pasting seven discs' worth of track and artist names is not my idea of a good time.

Renewed

Don't forget to go into the DVD and get the extra songs there too. I think I spent all of one afternoon inputting everything into English.

Top Bottom