• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Musou/Warriors announced

Phil Fish

Banned
0k8dnb3.png

It happened!

Lucina Chrom and the Falchion were shown in the teaser.

Trailer

What an awful trailer. Didn't show anything.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
NEED:

Titania

a9Esx21.png

Hector

VgNJkdx.png

Alvis

1eg186r.png

Sigurd

1hMGRiV.png

WANT:

Lyn or Karel

Ephraim

Leif

Haar

Dee Dee

Subbed to this thread! The angry roster speculation will tide me over until release!

Also, no one mentioned her yet?

FE10_Nephenee_Artwork.png

Such a great design, and I honestly just really like lances.

Cerium

Lyn and I'm good.

That's all I need.

Oh and I also crave Robin as long as
Grima
is part of his moveset.

Riposte

Please let there be permanent death option just for shits and giggles

And recruitment.

If they are going wank all over Fates (likely, unfortunately, they even got both nii-san swords), maybe dragon veins could provide some cool maps.

I have no expectations for this game though.

COME ON SIGURD.
I'm honestly expecting FE4 to be completely omitted despite my feelings that it makes the most suitable Fire Emblem scenario for a musou game rather than being one of those oh fuck it franchise crossover because (possible hyrule warriors spoilers)
Hastume Miku's evil other half
. At the same time these musou games based on franchises have a big appeal of everyone's favorite characters rather than a single games cast.

The fact the 5 swords featured in the emblem are two Falchion (Marth and Chrom versions), Yato (Corin), Siegfried (Xande) and Raijinto (Ryoma) doesn't fill me with much hope for anything pre-Awakening (like how Hyrule Warriors ignored the handheld games). Oh well that's what the inevitable better version of same game is for.

If it was Falchion, Yato, Durandal (Binding Blade also works I guess), Tilfing and Ragnell instead though I'd feel differently.

I'm honestly expecting FE4 to be completely omitted despite my feelings that it makes the most suitable Fire Emblem scenario for a musou game rather than being one of those oh fuck it franchise crossover because (possible hyrule warriors spoilers)
Hastume Miku's evil other half
. At the same time these musou games based on franchises have a big appeal of everyone's favorite characters rather than a single games cast.

The fact the 5 swords featured in the emblem are two Falchion (Marth and Chrom versions), Yato (Corin), Siegfried (Xande) and Raijinto (Ryoma) doesn't fill me with much hope for anything pre-Awakening (like how Hyrule Warriors ignored the handheld games). Oh well that's what the inevitable better version of same game is for.

If it was Falchion, Yato, Durandal (Binding Blade also works I guess), Tilfing and Ragnell instead though I'd feel differently.

I wouldn't mind this FE Musou to only feature the games released in the last ten years as a proving ground.

Of course, that's only if I could get assurance that the sequel would fill out all the other games.

Chrom

My guess is that it's only just recently entered development.

Holiday 2017 if we're lucky.

Not sure if you already know this or not, but the game actually has been announced for a Holiday 2017 release. The video description of the trailer says so.

Fire Emblem

Me: YAY!!!

Warriors

Me: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!

Ok, I can see why the franchise would be a good fit, but still, come on. These games are trash. Focus on making Romance of the 3 Kingdoms good again, Koei. You're better than this.

dramatis

Flying characters + laguz or I'm out.

Has the Warriors series ever done flying characters?
They don't do 'flying', but they have done 'flying characters'. If I'm not mistaken, their first licensed crossover product was Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.

KraytarJ

This is probably the most excited I'll ever be for a damn Musou because after Hyrule Warriors all I wanted was for Fire Emblem to get one and here we are, or here we will be at some point.

I think FE Warriors might have a decently sized playable cast at the outset. I'm going to say low 30s.

I'm thinking the Lords from every continent will be playable, at least 1 each. The bulk of the cast is going to be from the Marth games/Awakening/Fates. The Elibe and Tellius games will get 1 or 2 extra characters each.

Lren

This announcement is the one that caught me off guard. Especially since I've joked about FE Warriors with a good friend of mine, both of us being extreme Warriors fans. Still in a state of disbelief, hah. Since Chrom has already been shown, hoping to see Robin, Marth, or Corrin. Hector and Lyn would be AMAZING as well.

No buy if no:

Ephraim
Nowi(Interchangable with any of the dragongirls)

Wishlist:

Seth
Joshua
Lute
Ewen
Vigarde
Olivia
Lissa
Anna
Forrest
Jakob/Felicia

McNum

They don't do 'flying', but they have done 'flying characters'. If I'm not mistaken, their first licensed crossover product was Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.
The game needs a Pegasus Knight, I'd think. Probably Sheeda? Ceada? Shiida? Marth's wife. No idea how her name is spelled anymore. I would also accept Pegasus Knights in the Marcia, Elincia, Cordelia or maybe Hinoka variants.

This is worse than Persona 4 dance game coming true! It's all a joke!

You were so preoccupied on whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should!

Are we pretending that Fire Emblem was even released outside of Japan before 2003?

I mean outside of a few characters appearing in Smash, there was no Fire Emblem in the West until after the turn of the millennium.

Since characters from the GCN and onwards era are the only ones people in the West know about, no one should be surprised they will be the ones in this musou.

I mean, Nintendo has always been pretty open about half the games being Japan only. The streetpass in Awakening certainly didn't try to hide it. If the roster isn't just Akaenia/Awakening/Fates, I expect Jugdral and even Gaiden to get at least one rep.

Also did you forget that Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones exist or did you think they came out after PoR?

Subbed to this thread! The angry roster speculation will tide me over until release!

Also, no one mentioned her yet?

FE10_Nephenee_Artwork.png

Such a great design, and I honestly just really like lances.

She'd be the perfect character to represent to solider/halberdier class. Also if my avatar isn't enough of a indication, she's one my top 3 most wanted characters.

ryseing

The game needs a Pegasus Knight, I'd think. Probably Sheeda? Ceada? Shiida? Marth's wife. No idea how her name is spelled anymore. I would also accept Pegasus Knights in the Marcia, Elincia, Cordelia or maybe Hinoka variants.

Needs a wyvern knight, specifically THE wyvern/dracoknight.

Goddammit mobile c/p won't work. Basically Haar needs to be in. I would even accept him as DLC.

rhandino

Banned
Ike
Soren
Micaiah
Sote
Nephenee

Chrom
Lucina
Robin

All the royals from Fates

I only want this, It's not so much to ask =3

If this is just an Awakening/Fates wanking fest with token archetypes from the first game I'm gonna be very disappointed. Crossover Musous are just fanservice IMO.

So, you know, please the western fans that have been there since Blazing Sword by showing love to the gba and Tellus Series (sorry to leave out 4 and 5). Give us fan favorites like Matthew, Soren, Joshua and such. Use Laguz characters and other transforming characters.

And above all else give us Innes, the REAL sacred stones MC.

If this is just an Awakening/Fates wanking fest with token archetypes from the first game I'm gonna be very disappointed. Crossover Musous are just fanservice IMO.

So, you know, please the western fans that have been there since Blazing Sword by showing love to the gba and Tellus Series (sorry to leave out 4 and 5). Give us fan favorites like Matthew, Soren, Joshua and such. Use Laguz characters and other transforming characters.

What, no love for Ephraim?

PBalfredo

Think we're going to mess around with Einherjar again to explain the cross over, or just say fuck it, everyone's just here? I'm hoping the latter, as some of that Einherjar stuff struck me as a bit weird.

Draxal

I like Sacred Stones alot, but its easily the least important game in the series along with Gaiden.

Azura/Lucina is all I need.

And Xander..

And Camilla...

And Cordelia...

You and me see eye to eye. If Cordelia makes it in I'll squeal like a crazy person.

To be honest, though, the bare bones of the trailer and lack of a solid release date for this in particular has me REALLY concerned at how little Nintendo actually has planned for the Switch. They didn't even show Chrom's whole model.

Cmon Sigurd. We need horse combo's

Good to see gaf shares my appreciation for characters like Sigurd, leif, Lyn, hector & seliph. I'm a fool but now hoping for manly beard hector to be a skin. Shame we got no release date for this. Hyrule warriors port and this make the switch a lot more appealing then it currently stands with only zelda botw.

Top Bottom