• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Musou/Warriors announced

What, no love for Ephraim?

Oh Ephraim is in my top 3 lords with Hector and Eliwood, but Innes is like my favorite royal in the franchise. Dude's death quote is GOAT and he dueled Ephraim to a draw and THEN married his sister.

I like Sacred Stones alot, but its easily the least important game in the series along with Gaiden.
I would argue 5 is less important but I see your point. But the game is very important to me and I would gladly take characters like Joshua, Artur and Gilliam over their Awakening/Fates counterparts.

jdxZ2WG.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60919090
Chrom is certainly in a blissful state with his inclusion

Great idea but I get the bad feeling its gonna be mostly a Awakening and Fates fiesta.....

My biggest fear for the game. That would bring down quite a bit of the excitement

As much as I agree, you should expect that. That way you won't be disappointed :(

I know. I know I should expect that....
But still. If it really goes that way. I (As an older FE player ) will be disappointed regardless.
Just like with the lack of love for the oracle games and minish cap in Hyrule Warriors

TreIII

Great idea but I get the bad feeling its gonna be mostly a Awakening and Fates fiesta.....

My fear, as well.

I mean, I've made peace with the idea that FE4+5 probably won't ever get that much play in extracurricular media like this and Smash until those games get remakes that the West gets in on, too. So Sigurd and co. will just have to wait their turn.

But at the very least, I'm hoping that 6+7 and the Radiant duo will get some shine, too, if for no other reason because those games mean something to Western audiences.

Plus, Hector's too much of a pimp to NOT make into a game like this.

I know. I know should expect that....
But still. If it really goes that way. I (As an older FE player ) will be disappointed regardless.
Just like with the lack of love for the oracle games and minish cap in Hyrule Warriors

At least in that case, it made a bit of sense. The Oracle and Minish cap games had Capcom involvement, and I could imagine Koei was going to do everything in their power to not cite material that their competition had a hand in.

Semajer

It occurs to me that I'll probably be able to smash Michaiah's head in with lots of different weapons over and over again. This pleases me.

Ketkat

Alright, I haven't played any fire emblems outside of Awakening/part of Fates. But this has me pretty interested to go back and play them so I know who the characters are.

Which ones are worth playing?

^ Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem GBA (aka FE7 Blazing Sword) as far as worldwide released entries go.

---

All I ask is playable Black Knight, anything else is gravy.

Join the army.
But I don't play with Permadeath!

I do really.

Hope my boy shinon gets in this game!

Lord, so many great FE characters.

I can't imagine him getting in but that'd be one character I'd be so pumped for.

Oh Ephraim is in my top 3 lords with Hector and Eliwood, but Innes is like my favorite royal in the franchise. Dude's death quote is GOAT and he dueled Ephraim to a draw and THEN married his sister.

Oh snap. Another Innes fan. His inclusion in this game would be great. They have to add one bad ass archer in this, right?

UCBooties

I'm guessing Lucina and Tharja will be in with their popularity. Maybe Donel as a joke character? No one from Fates made much of an impression on me, any idea who they'll pull in from that one?

My hope is that they'll look at the Samurai Warriors Chronicles series and give you the ability to order multiple heroes around the map and switch between them. It would be awesome if they let you send archer heroes up against Pegasus knights or made you pull your spear wielding hero back because a unit of axe wielders just reinforced the enemy camp.

Alright, I haven't played any fire emblems outside of Awakening/part of Fates. But this has me pretty interested to go back and play them so I know who the characters are.

I guess FE8 and FE7 are good starts and easy to get on the E-shop.
FE9 is great and you might do FE10 after that considering it's a sequel. Hard to get officially though.
And than you have FE 3 , 4 and 5 to play. But they only have fan translations and no official western release.

At least in that case, it made a bit of sense. The Oracle and Minish cap games had Capcom involvement, and I could imagine Koei was going to do everything in their power to not cite material that their competition had a hand in.

I know about their problem with Capcom. So i understand why.
But excluding stuff because of that (if that's the reason) is just disappointing for a Zelda fan like me.

CazTGG

All of the localized ones (except for Radiant Dawn) are worth your time and money if we're talking about ones that don't require an understanding of Japanese or a patch. I would personally suggest trying out Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones since it's the one which shares much of the design and mechanics of Awakening & Fates. As for personally ranking the non-3DS, localized entries:

Fire Emblem (7) > Path of Radiance > The Sacred Stones > Shadow Dragon > Radiant Dawn

ryseing

After some thought, this is my dream list. Keep in mind that I've only played the American games with the exception of Shadow Dragon, and I'm not including the Lords because all of those are presumably guaranteed spots.

Also, I have a thing for swordspeople and assassins. I like high crits.

FE7
Jaffar or Assassin Matthew
Canas
Raven
Pent
Nino
Serra

FE8
Seth
Ross
Joshua
Innes

FE9/10
Mia
Nephenee
Shinon
Gatrie
Soren
Volke
Stefan
Tanith/Sigrun
Elincia
Haar
Ranulf
Tibarn
Naesala
Black Knight
Caineghis/Skrimir
Dragon tribe rep
Swan tribe rep (preferably Reyson)

Yes, Radiant Saga could do one of these games by itself.

Awakening
Cordelia
Donnel
Gaius
Henry (less obnoxious than Tharja)
Nowi, Tiki, and Nah (all the manaketes!)
Inigo
Severa
Cynthia

Fates
Kaze
Saizo
Hinoka
Kaden
Ryoma
Odin/Selena/Laslow because spoilers
Niles
Leo
Xander

Josephl64

I need Sigurd, Sheeda, Ira, and Leif to be in.

Kinda worried because the swords in the trailer just showed Marth's as the only one from a Fire Emblem before the 3DS titles. Found the 3DS games okay, but I feel like they pale in comparison to the rest.

I think characters like Roy, Lyn, and Ike are shoo-ins, but am worried about characters that are lesser known or from games yet unlocalized if they're going for mass appeal. I just hope Jugdral doesn't get unfairly looked over just for a ridiculous number of Kakusei and If chars in the roster in proportion compared to prior games.

SuomiDude

Wished for this game for a long time and it actually came true :O Just hope it's not a fuck-up mixture like that Japanese idol game.

Azuran

Banned
I've got a bad feeling this will only have characters from Awakening and Fates which would suck. Awakening has a decent amount of likable characters (Tharja isn't one) but Fates has next to none.

Rolf>>>Shinon
not joking

Too bad both of them vastly inferior to the 3-13 Archer

I guess FE8 and FE7 are good starts and easy to get on the E-shop.
FE9 is great and you might do FE10 after that considering it's a sequel. Hard to get officially though.
And than you have FE 3 , 4 and 5 to play. But they only have fan translations and no official western release.

And by FE3, you mean the remake FE 12, which has a wonderful fan translation, and is a sequel to Shadow Dragon, which is on eShop already. Which would also make a decent starting point, as it's probably the worst game in the series.

Zalman

I bet every single character that's already in Smash Bros. is also in this game. Then add other fan favorites on top, like Chrom, Anna, Tiki etc.

NeonZ

I've got a bad feeling this will only have characters from Awakening and Fates which would suck. Awakening has a decent amount of likable characters (Tharja isn't one) but Fates has next to none.
Marth's Falchion was there too, so you'll at least see FE 1/3 characters too.

Top Bottom