• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

Just called my local Gamestop to check on my pre-order.

They said, and I quote: "We'll have it in by February 8th at the absolute latest."

What kind of answer is that???

There's been some crazy shit going on.

In at EB yesterday. They have their shipment. They received notification that they could sell their pre-orders to the people that did pre-order this weekend. So they did.

Then a couple hours later they received another email telling them they can't sell the pre-orders and break street date anymore.

I have my copy waiting there for me when I go in first thing tomorrow morning.

Strange times....strange launch.

Does anyone know if it's going to be available on the Eshop?

jwhit28

There's been some crazy shit going on.

In at EB yesterday. They have their shipment. They received notification that they could sell their pre-orders to the people that did pre-order this weekend. So they did.

Then a couple hours later they received another email telling them they can't sell the pre-orders and break street date anymore.

I have my copy waiting there for me when I go in first thing tomorrow morning.

Strange times....strange launch.

Does anyone know if it's going to be available on the Eshop?

All future Nintendo games will be on eshop (I guess unless they come with hardware or something).

Rarutos

They'd better extend this. I've got a retail copy and the bundle being shipped, but God knows when.

Of all the launches to ruin, it had to be my most anticipated.

I'm pretty sure it's free for more like, a month... I'm hearing until March 6th.

Chrom

Right, the free DLC promotion deadline is definitely March 6th coming from Nintendo.

Whoever it was at Destructoid who said it would only be for a week should...get slapped or something.

Wilsongt

I guess this launch wouldn't have been so much of a clusterfuck had Canada not broken street date...

Then Nintendo having shipment issues...

Then Gamestop/BestBuy being silly...

Okay, it was always a clusterfuck.

._.

Geez, the bigger this thread gets, the bigger the clusterfuck. 12 hours to midnight!

Yeah, no doubt. I had thought about picking up a hard copy but I think I'll stick with my original download plans.

Man, this shit better not happen with Animal Crossing. I will cut a bitch.

Hale-XF11

The only way this could become an even bigger clusterfuck (are we sick of that word yet?) is if we all try to download the game at once, crashing their servers in the process.

Has anybody had their 3DS fail in this thread? What happens if it does will Nintendo refund you the games if you have some kind of proof of purchase?

Vamphuntr

The game is in stock in every ebgames location in a 100 miles radius from where I live according to the store locator thing on ebgames.ca .

jwhit28

Has anybody had their 3DS fail in this thread? What happens if it does will Nintendo refund you the games if you have some kind of proof of purchase?

I had my Wii fail (an update was interrupted) within warranty and I sent it in. They sent me a different Wii back and I called them gave them the serial number and had all the licenses put on the new Wii.

The game is in stock in every ebgames location in a 100 miles radius from where I live according to the store locator thing on ebgames.ca .

Yeah, the keyword there is ".ca"

Canada has had the game since last week and was even selling it early. This problem is distinctly for America

With this all happening, I still cant believe you people think this is gonna go live at midnight. At the earliest 9am, just like it updates every Thursday.

Retail titles always go live at midnight. All other digital games are released on Thursdays.

Midnight in what time zone? If it's EST then that's 9:00 here.

Also, maybe it's because of the proximity to Nintendo HQ, but none of the independent shops I called in Seattle were willing to break street date.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm still waiting. /:
hGq4UoXl.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
fuck it, cancelled my amazon order, expected ship date was February 11th. I'll check Walmart tonight at midnight

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just hope retail sales aren't too affected in the short run. The game seem to have quite a good demand, that increased a lot after the demo released, and it's still high as fuck on Amazon (5th, while Dead Space 3 360 is 4th). If everything goes well after the launch, it could be one of the best selling games in February overall (at least, individual SKU).

donny2112

Sweet, so then 11pm CST for me. I'm getting excited now.

The Super Bowl is tonight. Biggest football event of the year. Biggest sporting event of the year, for some. What am I most looking forward to about tonight? Downloading Fire Emblem: Awakening at midnight EST. If Nintendo's servers don't crash under the strain of thousands of Fire Emblem geeks downloading at the same time, then I be disappoint. >:|

Just finished Langdou Ruins on Sacred Stones last night (restarted a few times, so no deaths), so that's now done for me. Opened up the Awakening demo for the first time after that. Love that they kept the GameCube/Wii method of being able to highlight multiple enemies to keep track of their effective range. Loving the demo so far. :)

With this all happening, I still cant believe you people think this is gonna go live at midnight.

With all the times you've been told that retail titles come out at midnight EST, I still can't believe you person think this is not gonna go live at midnight.

fusionedd

Neo Member
Anyone in the NYC area?

I might be going to Nintendo World in the afternoon to pick up a copy. They should have enough copies, right? xD

Cheska

Paid off one of my copies and was able to pick up an artbook so I feel better about that. Now to contemplate the eShop version or sticking with physical.

Ken

My GameStop called and told me to pick it up on TuEsday, I guess that's better than the 8th some of you guys are being told but still rather it be Monday. :/

Beelzebub

My Gamestop the other day originally said 4th/5th. now they tell me it wont come in till Friday...ugh I'm seriously considering eshop now, being able to get this around midnight is so tempting..

Tyeforce

This isn't anything new at all. Here's a little rant about the issue that I posted on Facebook:

Now that Nintendo's releasing a high profile game on a Monday (Fire Emblem Awakening), people are actually starting to take notice of the big problem with Monday video game releases—most retailers don't receive the game on release day (and sometimes even lie to you about the release date, like GameStop does). I don't know if the publisher or the retailers are to blame for this issue, but either way it's not fun when you go to the store expecting to get a game you've been waiting for on its release date and you find out the store doesn't even have it yet. I've dealt with this many, many times, but most of the time it's lower profile games that, sadly, not many people are rushing out to get on their release dates, like Kirby Mass Attack, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Pokémon Conquest, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, and Crosswords Plus. I would go from retailer to retailer on those Mondays, finding the same situation everywhere, where either the retailers are honest and say that they haven't received it yet, or they give me some BS about the release date being Tuesday or Wednesday or later (that's GameStop every time, without fail). Tomorrow will be no different, from the looks of it, except in one way—this time many other people will be experiencing my disappointment too. But it's funny, because people will (and are already starting to) complain that this is an issue exclusive to Fire Emblem Awakening's release. No no no, this issue has been around for a long time with every other Monday release from Nintendo. I really hope that something changes regarding these releases, because I'm sick of being disappointed on these Mondays. It's to the point where, when Nintendo announces a Monday release date, I'm already disappointed long before the game comes out because I know I probably won't be able to find it that day. =/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This isn't anything new at all. Here's a little rant about the issue that I posted on Facebook:

Now that Nintendo's releasing a high profile game on a Monday (Fire Emblem Awakening), people are actually starting to take notice of the big problem with Monday video game releases—most retailers don't receive the game on release day (and sometimes even lie to you about the release date, like GameStop does). I don't know if the publisher or the retailers are to blame for this issue, but either way it's not fun when you go to the store expecting to get a game you've been waiting for on its release date and you find out the store doesn't even have it yet. I've dealt with this many, many times, but most of the time it's lower profile games that, sadly, not many people are rushing out to get on their release dates, like Kirby Mass Attack, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, and Crosswords Plus. I would go from retailer to retailer on those Mondays, finding the same situation everywhere, where either the retailers are honest and say that they haven't received it yet, or they give me some BS about the release date being Tuesday or Wednesday or later (that's GameStop every time, without fail). Tomorrow will be no different, from the looks of it, except in one way—this time many other people will be experiencing my disappointment too. But it's funny, because people will (and are already starting to) complain that this is an issue exclusive to Fire Emblem Awakening's release. No no no, this issue has been around for a long time with every other Monday release from Nintendo. I really hope that something changes regarding these releases, because I'm sick of being disappointed on these Mondays. It's to the point where, when Nintendo announces a Monday release date, I'm already disappointed long before the game comes out because I know I probably won't be able to find it that day. =/
Now that I think about it, there was a scrambling for Pokemon Conquest, but that might have just been because print was always low.

Didn't preorder and i've called a bunch of Gamestops here in LA, they basically said call tomorrow to see if they have any extra copies. I would have loved to go digital, but with no account system that's not an option. Fix that shit Nintendo.

Roto13

Why? I can't think of a game I'd rather buy digitally.

I wouldn't buy the physical versions of either Brain Age or Animal Crossing. If they weren't available digitally, I wouldn't buy them, because they're the kind of games that you're supposed to play for a few minutes every day.

Eusis

I wouldn't buy the physical versions of either Brain Age or Animal Crossing. If they weren't available digitally, I wouldn't buy them, because they're the kind of games that you're supposed to play for a few minutes every day.
Art Academy's the kind of program I'd rather have digitally too, and Harvest Moon for similar reasons as Animal Crossing (Though it's designed in a way that it can actually be binged). Wouldn't really want to do it with FE though, maybe if save data could be shared like PSP and Vita (albeit in a convoluted manner requiring +) I'd consider it, but as is it'd make the physical version feel redundant, and I want that cart and artbook. And the packaging period, I think part of the reason it's harder to convince JRPG fans to go DD only is because we tend to value nice packaging for those games, versus the AAA blockbusters that seem to consider anything more than the game data a nuisance, or something like Brain Age which... come on, it's just a program to flex your brain daily.

Roto13

Art Academy's the kind of program I'd rather have digitally too, and Harvest Moon for similar reasons as Animal Crossing (Though it's designed in a way that it can actually be binged). Wouldn't really want to do it with FE though, maybe if save data could be shared like PSP and Vita (albeit in a convoluted manner requiring +) I'd consider it, but as is it'd make the physical version feel redundant, and I want that cart and artbook. And the packaging period, I think part of the reason it's harder to convince JRPG fans to go DD only is because we tend to value nice packaging for those games, versus the AAA blockbusters that seem to consider anything more than the game data a nuisance, or something like Brain Age which... come on, it's just a program to flex your brain daily.

Honestly, all of the streetpass and spotpass stuff, and probably the DLC, make me glad I have the download version of Fire Emblem. Though it's not something I'd only buy as a download.

fernoca

Yep. Art Academy was a no brainer for me to get digitally; the free "classic DK" was just the icing of the cake. :p

Top Bottom