• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem sold out/delayed at many retailers

donny2112

I want both the hard copy and digital for Animal Crossing.

Doing that for Fire Emblem and for Animal Crossing. Difference is that for Fire Emblem, it's because digital is so convenient to have with all the DLC, but I still want that physical case (eventually). For Animal Crossing, the physical will be used by someone else who doesn't mind switching out games often. :)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The handling of the launch has been an absolute mess.

I have no doubt that this game will probably be one of the highest selling Fire Emblems EVER in the USA, and it is becoming increasingly clear that Nintendo has vastly underestimated demand on every level, but many of the failures I see in retail has nothing to do with Nintendo, it seems to be miscommunication errors between corporate headquarters and the stores that sell those games.

Nintendo still messed up on their end because stores broke street date and it messed up end-user expectations.

Chrom

My fellow bundle bretheren, what have you heard? I called again today and they still said the 5th.

I called a few hours ago and am also hearing the 5th from them. I'm still clinging onto the hope that it'll change by tomorrow, and if not...I guess the demo will be my substitute for that day, haha.

Magpul

Banned
Well I just bought a 3DS XL off of Amazon and also preordered Awakening from them. Kinda pissed that I didn't buy the 3DS when I saw it for 170 last night on Bestbuy.com, but oh well. Got the 3DS for 190 off of Amazon. Now I just have to wait for it to get shipped, bought it from a Canadian retailer. Probably get it and the game sometime next week.

If you're in the NoVA area, eStarland's retail shop should have the game in tomorrow. I'll stop by there tomorrow afternoon and confirm, they're usually pretty good about getting things in on time.

I know the download's about 8,600 blocks, but does anyone know if I need more free space than that? I've run into problems with Sony stuff where it demands extra space cuz it has to extract and install.

Chrom

I know the download's about 8,600 blocks, but does anyone know if I need more free space than that? I've run into problems with Sony stuff where it demands extra space cuz it has to extract and install.

You'll be fine since it's really just that amount. If there's somehow a difference in your memory, it's way too negligible to take into account.

Anyone know what the DLC sizes are in Japan? Specifically the newer ones like the festival etc seeing as they are the larger content DLCs.

Just a heads up about tomorrow for everyone who is buying from Gamestop.

Pending shipments will be refreshed tomorrow morning at opening, so stores should be able to see what's in transit. What they can't tell if what day it will arrive.

Shipments are supposed to arrive by 11 AM and usually do, but it's not unheard of for it to take until noon.

In short, stores aren't going to have the game when doors open or be able to tell if it's coming tomorrow. They should know between 11 and 12.

CronoShot

Just a heads up about tomorrow for everyone who is buying from Gamestop.

Pending shipments will be refreshed tomorrow morning at opening, so stores should be able to see what's in transit. What they can't tell if what day it will arrive.

Shipments are supposed to arrive by 11 AM and usually do, but it's not unheard of for it to take until noon.

In short, stores aren't going to have the game when doors open or be able to tell if it's coming tomorrow. They should know between 11 and 12.

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning to call right when they opened, but I'll wait till noon.

rockx4

My amazon order shows delivery on the 12 which is ridiculous. I went ahead and canceled it. I'm getting it on the eshop tonight since I still have a $50 eshop card.

Bladenic

How limited is the bundle expected to be? I actually plan on getting it because it looks cool, still don't have a 3DS, and this game looks dope though I have never played a game in the series. I just can't get it first week or anything.

So seems like most people are getting on the eshop. Shows our patience levels I suppose huh?! GOTTA HAVE IT NOW, peeps just wait like 3 days. A physical copy is always better to have. You get the art, the cart, the box. A digital is gonna cost the same price as retail and have less stuff.

If anything just to show that digital prices need to come down, since they dont require as much effort as a boxed item.

There are stores in my area that didn't even get copies of the game, though they are supposed to be getting it. How does this happen on a major release?

Eusis

So seems like most people are getting on the eshop. Shows our patience levels I suppose huh?! GOTTA HAVE IT NOW, peeps just wait like 3 days. A physical copy is always better to have. You get the art, the cart, the box. A digital is gonna cost the same price as retail and have less stuff.

If anything just to show that digital prices need to come down, since they dont require as much effort as a boxed item.
We might not get taxes on digital purchases (I know I don't and I assume it's the same for California), and some of us may have something come up where we want a portable game right then and there or simply won't be around to pick it up when it comes into stores. Not that I don't doubt a lot of people are just impatient, but it is something to keep in mind, it's what's tempting me whereas I'd be content waiting otherwise.

I don't care about having a box I'll look at once, I don't care about having a manual I'll never read, I don't care about having a cart that I could lose.

I do care about not having to head out to a store, I do care about getting it right at midnight, I do care about having it always accessible on my SD card, even when I've got something else in the gamecard slot.

Delio

Im conflicted I want a physical copy but I dont want to run around to find it. I guess I can check out Target,Walmart and Gamestop tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Thoraxes

Im conflicted I want a physical copy but I dont want to run around to find it. I guess I can check out Target,Walmart and Gamestop tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Man, I was like this and was gonna resort to points cards... but even those are sold out fml

I guess i'll charge it...

NateDrake

Thinking of going digital but want a physical for my collection since this game will likely become rare like all previous entries.

I think the idea there is that we're paying for the convenience of buying it digitally.

There are stores in my area that didn't even get copies of the game, though they are supposed to be getting it. How does this happen on a major release?

The degree to which Nintendo seems to be screwing this up is so impressive.

What really sucks about this is that I actually have a few things sitting around I want to trade in towards FE, and I'd rather have a physical copy. I didn't look into it but aren't downloads tied to the system, not the account? That sounds like a hassle if I ever bought an XL.

Eusis

They probably should've just slated it as a Tuesday/Wednesday release if they're not actually getting copies of Monday releases in ahead of Monday reliably. Doesn't seem like a good day to get deliveries on time.

Then again, I guess the idea actually IS for a Tuesday/Wednesday release, so setting it on Monday is actually more "we're shipping it out that day, maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be in stock."

Chrom

What really sucks about this is that I actually have a few things sitting around I want to trade in towards FE, and I'd rather have a physical copy. I didn't look into it but aren't downloads tied to the system, not the account? That sounds like a hassle if I ever bought an XL.

Sort of. It's tied to an account that's tied to the system, if I'm not mistaken.

I think the idea there is that we're paying for the convenience of buying it digitally.

The degree to which Nintendo seems to be screwing this up is so impressive.

We live in an Amazon and EBay era. There is no easier convenience than ordering it and having it at my door, so I find that argument moot.

Roto13

You can trade things in towards eShop cards and buy Fire Emblem with them if you want. And you can transfer your eShop account from one 3DS to another if you ever get an XL.

We live in an Amazon and EBay era. There is no easier convenience than ordering it and having it at my door, so I find that argument moot.

Really? That's even more convenient than downloading it? Wow, apparently I don't know what "convenience" is!

Eusis

You ignore that's a double edged sword. You can also not be there for when it arrives. Nevermind that with a good connection, decently programmed software, and a small enough file size (which may not even matter with a great connection) the immediacy of a digital download getting to you could only be beat if you lived right next to a GameStop.

Roto13

No its tied to the system, there is no account. Buying digital on Nintendo, ESPECIALLY, is the worst idea.

The eShop account is the thing that's tied to the system. You can transfer it. It's more of a pain than it should be, but it's still an account.

My local gamestop said they aren't getting any copies in until the 8th so I'm just going to download it. Anyone know the size or how long It'll take to download?(I have faster internet, mean more Nintendo's servers). Annoys me that the 3DS still uses the block system where the Wii U uses the traditional MBs, Gbs, etc.

I'll probably buy a physical copy just to have it as part of my collection a year or two from now when It's super cheap.

Roto13

So can I buy FE straight away digitally or do I have to add funds first?

You can tap "purchase" and then "add needed funds" with a credit card.
My local gamestop said they aren't getting any copies in until the 8th so I'm just going to download it. Anyone know the size or how long It'll take to download?(I have faster internet, mean more Nintendo's servers). Annoys me that the 3DS still uses the block system where the Wii U uses the traditional MBs, Gbs, etc.

I'll probably buy a physical copy just to have it as part of my collection a year or two from now when It's super cheap.
It's about a 1GB.

Thoraxes

Pretty quick when you DL in sleep mode.

Doorman

How limited is the bundle expected to be? I actually plan on getting it because it looks cool, still don't have a 3DS, and this game looks dope though I have never played a game in the series. I just can't get it first week or anything.

I've been wondering about this also, as I want to pick up the bundle but did not pre-order it. Most of the talk about the game being in short supply has been the actual cart itself, but I don't even know if they're going to be shipping out bundles to stock in stores without pre-orders, nor can I seem to find anywhere if the bundle is something that will be around most major retailers, or if it's just a Nintendo/Gamestop sort of thing (they seem to be the only ones advertising it at all?)

You ignore that's a double edged sword. You can also not be there for when it arrives. Nevermind that with a good connection, decently programmed software, and a small enough file size (which may not even matter with a great connection) the immediacy of a digital download getting to you could only be beat if you lived right next to a GameStop.

True, except for back to my main point the price and what you get. I don't want to argue, because we can go back and forth, so I'll just leave it here. But FOR ME, I can't see for the life of me how people can argue they like paying more for something, they dont physically own. But we'll leave it there and let's get back on topic.

The stores won't have it until Tuesday I suppose.

cacildo

mnmnmnm, i remember somebody saying the demo alone takes a good chunk of your sd card. Any news on the full game size?

Cause ill really have to buy the digital copy of animal crossing (its the reason we got a 3ds in the first place) and i already have some other eshop games, so....

Chrom

mnmnmnm, i remember somebody saying the demo alone takes a good chunk of your sd card. Any news on the full game size?

Cause ill really have to buy the digital copy of animal crossing (its the reason we got a 3ds in the first place) and i already have some other eshop games, so....

8,579 blocks, or about 1.14GB.

VT_Brian

Neo Member
8,579 blocks, or about 1.14GB.

Do you just have this on your clipboard so you can paste it any time someone asks? haha

Anyways I have no idea what's going to happen to the copy I preordered at Best Buy. They sent me an email early last week saying it was not backordered no matter what the order status said, but now they sent me another email saying it's backordered.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Now that midnight approaches, my resolve to go GameStop hopping tomorrow is weakening. I do want that pixel cart though. And I had games to trade in, too. Must stay strong.

Top Bottom