• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu info: Characters, gameplay info [Up: Screenshots]

StayDead

On one hand, me too. On the other hand, I like Awakening and Fates a lot, so...

Shadow Dragon shouldn't get a pass just because it was first. Its supporting cast is the most bland, vanilla cast in the entire franchise. Add Marth and maybe the OG Pegasus sisters (which could easily be skins for the same character even) and call it a day.

Pegasus sisters with Gaiden abilities would be best. Triangle attack ftw.

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.
The only protagonist that matters uses an axe tough

Fire-Emblem-Hector-gif.gif

Netto-kun

Playable characters were kind of expected judging from what people observed from the first trailer. Oh well still getting this day one along with a Switch.

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.
Kind of ironic since judging from the Famitsu picture it looks like both the original protagonists are using sword & shield.

He's there in NMOE. As for the original kaga games, I think everybody agrees that Thracia's the best (I love Genealogy but it does have its flaws).
I'm stupid. It must be sleep deprivation.
I meant Roy, our boy Roy

I find Thracia the most enjoyable from the old games too. Genealogy hasn't aged that well, but it still pretty solid.

Erheller

The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Yeah, this is a bullshit excuse. If they wanted non-sword users, they could have easily gotten Celica from FE2/Echoes, Hector from FE7, Ephraim from FE8, or Micaiah from FE10
or Kris from FE12

Remember:
Marth (Shadow Dragon) - uses a sword
Chrom (Awakening) - uses a sword
Lucina (Awakening) - uses a sword
Robin (Awakening) - WHOAH USES TOMES WHOAH and uses a sword
Corrin (Fates) - uses a sword
Ryoma (Fates) - uses a sword
Xander (Fates) - uses a sword

I'm out.

Edit: Thanks psychowave for the additions. Oh look the two original characters use swords too.

Double edit: I just remembered that Leif can wield every weapon in FE5

Yeah, this is a bullshit excuse. If they wanted non-sword users, they could have easily gotten Celica from FE2/Echoes, Hector from FE7, Ephraim from FE8, or Micaiah from FE10
or Kris from FE12

Remember:

I'm out.

Don't forget that Lucina and Ryoma, who will certainly be in (especially Lucy) also use swords. Robin and Xander as well, though at least they have magic and a pony to switch things up a little

ninja'd by an edit welp

TDLink

The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates. This won’t be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series.

Fuck. This is seriously the big thing I didn't want and feared would happen :/

Keikaku

I'm in! Hyrule Warriors was one of my biggest gaming surprise in years and re-ignited my love of Musou games. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be another strong entry and I'm personally fine with the character choices.

If you're not into the announced roster, I can see how your opinion would be different though. I've loved pretty much every Fire Emblem game, so the roster's not an issue for me but I can totally see it being an issue for others.

Oh new FE Warriors news. I wonder what-

The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Welp, hype for the game has gone off a cliff since Lyn, Ike, Hector Nephenee etc are off the table. Wonder what's their excuse?

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword

Bullshit. The OCs are swordies and the 5 weapon shown in the first trailer are swords. Just admit you wanted to appeal to newbies who haven't played the older games.

Thanks for saving me 500 dollars to buy the Switch and this game. Not like I had a vested interest in it or anything.

L95

Sadly, Leif only promotes to Master Knight in 4, not 5.

Master Knight Leif in FE5 would be sweet though. (There is also unused Master Knight class/animation data in 5 thought it's buggy and I'm veering into trivia)

On one hand, me too. On the other hand, I like Awakening and Fates a lot, so...

Shadow Dragon shouldn't get a pass just because it was first. Its supporting cast is the most bland, vanilla cast in the entire franchise. Add Marth and maybe the OG Pegasus sisters (which could easily be skins for the same character even) and call it a day.

I really like the majority Awakening's characters and didn't dislike any of Fates' characters other than Camilla and Takumi but I wanted this game to have a nice mix of from the whole series.

Fandangox

Too many OCs so far, but I guess they're going more DQ Heroes and less Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warrior had 4 "Original" characters too right. Two of them were based on enemies from Zelda games (Well I guess HW Wizzro is pretty much a Wizzrobe), but they were technically new characters.

ShyMel

So I guess characters from other games who don't make it in at launch have a very high chance of being DLC down the line.

The instalments not represented leave an obvious opening for an exorbitant DLC plan, as was the case with all the conspicuous absences in Hyrule Warriors.

I love the casts of both Awakening and Fates but was definitely hoping for much more of an all-star affair, particularly from FE7 and FE9. Not that keen on this project yet: I like that it exists, but I found myself unable to return to Hyrule Warriors after Bayonetta 2 released a month later (different games entirely, I know, but the difference in combat was like night and day), and the heart of the Fire Emblem experience for me has always been in the turn-based positioning and roster/loadout management. Probably the thing that intrigues me most about FE Warriors thus far is how classes and promotions will be handled. If you get to raise a scrappy, fragile villager to a general, I'll know they're taking the premise seriously.

The selection of games incorporated as the core of the crossover do not get my hopes up for a Pegasus triangle attack.

"The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates."

Fuck, off!

I'm excited for the game but really? So many characters in the franchise and you pick mostly from the games with the most boring characters? Fate characters are mostly dumpster fire tier.

Noooo this is the worst thing that could ever happen. I was really hoping we would get characters from all over the series instead of just the 3DS ones

Ilvocare

character selection having a focus on SD and neo-FE is kinda disappointing but I can deal

now, as someone perfectly aware that his avatar is a second-degree oc donut steal, and as someone who really cannot recall a design for original characters in developed crossover games he's outright despised

I want to take Shion, repeatedly curbstomp his face on my sidewalk, drag his unconscious half-breathing body into my home, and then feed it into the fucking garbage disposal in my sink

like this is probably the most viscerally antagonistic reaction I've had to a character design in ages

and I'll be honest, I think I need to calm the fuck down, drink some water, read a book, because upon further deliberation my mind is clearly making this out to be way worse than it actually will be

just had to vent, I guess

unlike zelda there are around 100 characters to choose from for each game so there will be a lot of characters i hope. i hope they will include some of the radiant dawn/path of radiance members too
"The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates."

Fuck, off!

I'm excited for the game but really? So many characters in the franchise and you pick mostly from the games with the most boring characters? Fate characters are mostly dumpster fire tier.

dlc... also fate characters are mostly pretty good.

kewlmyc

Said it in the last thread, but I would be shocked if Ike, Lyn, and Roy don't make the cut. They're the 3 most popular characters outside of Lucina.

Am I reading this right in that there are 4 OC characters confirmed so far?

That's fair I suppose.

Blues1990

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with this game if they are only going to focus on the NES original & the 3DS entries for the character roster.

I want Titania & the Black Knight to be playable, god damn it!

I'm not actually mad of that cast focus because of a fully voice script.

Might actually bring to life to the cast, Plus give actual character to Shadow Dragon's cast. Here's you chance to make me care about them.

Of course, the script could entirely focused on few important characters so who knows.

More or less reposting what I said in the other thread

2-4 ocs
Marth
Caeda
Cain
Child Tiki
Draug
Navarre
Chrom
Robin
Lucina
Tharja
Virion
Adult Tiki
Corrin
Xander
Camilla
Ellie
Leon
Ryoma
Hyouka
Setsuna
Takumi
Azura

This will be fairly close to what the roster will be pre dlc, probably most of the above with a few not making the cut and MAYBE 1-2 odd fan favorites also being in despite not being from the 3 games mentioned

Dlc will probably be in packs like

1) Roy, Lyn, Hector
2) Ike, Dark Knight, Soren
3) Alm, Celica

The other fe games and larger rosters from those games will likely be saved for a sequel.

Ultimadrago

I don't mind the more recent series having the character focus despite Awakening and Fates having truly awful stories. I'm not a fan of the current character designer either, but the designs have room to look pretty cool in a Musou.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Titania!

Erheller

I just want to say that I would have been mildly disappointed, but ultimately fine if they said that they wanted to focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates because they were popular entries (well, the latter two at least). It's probably true, after all.

Making up a bullshit excuse (oh no too many sword lords) just shows that they don't respect the franchise enough to even do a modicum of research on the older games.

That's fair I suppose.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no

Sadly, Leif only promotes to Master Knight in 4, not 5.

Master Knight Leif in FE5 would be sweet though. (There is also unused Master Knight class/animation data in 5 thought it's buggy and I'm veering into trivia)

You're right, it's been like a decade since I've played FE4 and FE5 haha. I've been slowly working through FE4 recently but I haven't gotten to the generation gap

2-4 ocs
Marth
Caeda
Cain
Child Tiki
Draug
Navarre
Chrom
Robin
Lucina
Tharja
Virion
Adult Tiki
Corrin
Xander
Camilla
Ellie
Leon
Ryoma
Hyouka
Setsuna
Takumi
Azura

This will be fairly close to what the roster will be pre dlc, probably most of the above with a few not making the cut and MAYBE 1-2 odd fan favorites also being in despite not being from the 3 games mentioned

1) Roy, Lyn, Hector
3) Alm, Celica

The other fe games and larger rosters from those games will likely be saved for a sequel.

God, you made me realize the worst part about a "focus" on Awakening/Fates is that we have to settle for garbage like Virion instead of, like, Shinon or Python.

Dee Dee

This is a Musou, it's a light hearted, fanservicey spin off. Guess which of the games lend themselves best to that?
Also, if Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, every single entry in the series will be somehow acknowledged with DLC down the line. But it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that this game will focus on the games it does for the character selection.

I'm also sure there will be some out of the left-field inclusions like Agitha in Hyrule Warriors that will please literally no one. It's just too many characters to consider.

In another thread on this someone mentioned including Itsuki and Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which would be amazeballs.
I'd pay some DLC monies for them being alt costumes to Marth and Caeda too. (throw in a Yashiro costume for Navarre and Touma for Cain, we can do this!!)

And finally, to echo all the others: OC character twins look overwhelmingly bland. I wonder how they will spice their fighting style up to separate them from all the lords with their vanilla swords.

It's worth noting that the phrase "vast majority of characters" may indicate that a very small amount of popular characters like Ike and Lyn who I recall placing high on those Heroes character polls may make it in
as DLC
Of course that could also just be referring to the original characters made for the game.

Draxal

2-4 ocs
Marth
Caeda
Cain
Child Tiki
Draug
Navarre
Chrom
Robin
Lucina
Tharja
Virion
Adult Tiki
Corrin
Xander
Camilla
Ellie
Leon
Ryoma
Hyouka
Setsuna
Takumi
Azura

1) Roy, Lyn, Hector
3) Alm, Celica

Way too many characters in that roster.

I'd probably go
0. At lease three OC's (the twins and Darios (pic is floating on twitter but he looks playable)
1. Marth/Caeda/Tiki (as definites)Navarre (likely but sword)Minerva
2. Chrom/Lucina/Robin (both versions)/Adult Tiki/Tharja
3. Xander/Ryoma/Corrins (both versions)/Takumi/Camilla

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
As I said in the other thread, everything sounds great, but a lack of Alm or Celica will be enough to make me pass just out of defiance.

I know, edgy right? But SoV is brilliant, and I see no reason why Awakening and Fates should get more promotion than it. I get Awakening and Fates characters already have big following compared to SoV, but neglecting to represent them at all isn't helping the situation. The likes of Gray, Claire, Saber, and Berkut could easily rival the popularity of the past 2 3DS entries characters if they had a chance to shine.

Lunar15

Way too many characters in that roster.

I'd probably go
0. At lease three OC's (the twins and Darios (pic is floating on twitter but he looks playable)
1. Marth/Caeda/Tiki (as definites)Navarre (likely but sword)Minerva
2. Chrom/Lucina/Robin (both versions)/Adult Tiki/Tharja
3. Xander/Ryoma/Corrins (both versions)/Takumi/Camilla

They talk about the weapon triangle, so they'd need to have mages and axe users. More than one of each, I'd imagine. So throw in Viron, Tharja, Draug and one more Peg Knight - perhaps Sumia.

Xbro

It's worth noting that the phrase "vast majority of characters" may indicate that a very small amount of popular characters like Ike and Lyn who I recall placing high on those Heroes character polls may make it in
as DLC
Of course that could also just be referring to the original characters made for the game.

Yeah. Though I sincerely hope Ike and Lyn make it into the base game. If it's just straight SD and 3DS FE characters I will not buy this game until the DLC comes out

or Kris from FE12

Remember:
Lucina (Awakening) - uses a sword
Robin (Awakening) - WHOAH USES TOMES WHOAH and uses a sword
Ryoma (Fates) - uses a sword
Xander (Fates) - uses a sword

I'm out.

Edit: Thanks psychowave for the additions. Oh look the two original characters use swords too.

actually. make that three OC characters

Darios (voiced by Takuya Sato) - Prince of the Kingdom of Guston. He taught swordsmanship to Shion and academics to Lian, so he's like an elder brother to both of them.

edit. beaten to it

Draxal

They talk about the weapon triangle, so they'd need to have mages and axe users. More than one of each, I'd imagine.

Robin/Tharja/Minerva/Camilla.

There's really no iconic "infantry" axe users from those games (armor is included as infantry for this case).

I do expect Ike/Hector/Lyn/Roy/Micaiah to make it as dlc.

I'm also expecting OC villains to fill up the wholes in the triangle.

As I said in the other thread, everything sounds great, but a lack of Alm or Celica will be enough to make me pass just out of defiance.

I know, edgy right? But SoV is brilliant, and I see no reason why Awakening and Fates should get more promotion than it. I get Awakening and Fates characters already have big following compared to SoV, but neglecting to represent them at all isn't helping the situation. The likes of Gray, Claire, Saber, and Berkut could easily rival the popularity of the past 2 3DS entries characters if they had a chance to shine.

Shadow of Valentia was in development around at the same time so time was against it. And nah SoV really has no chance, so many things going against it.

Mediking

I don't mind the more recent series having the character focus despite Awakening and Fates having truly awful stories. I'm not a fan of the current character designer either, but the designs have room to look pretty cool in a Musou.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Titania!

Titania looks gorgeous... what game is she from???

Xbro

Titania looks gorgeous... what game is she from???

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. That picture is her design from Radiant Dawn.

She's the MVP of PoR and is always near the top of my RD playthroughs.

She's probably the best design this series has seen.

Top Bottom