• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firmament Kickstarter (PC, PS4) - Creators of MYST, Riven and Obduction

The kickstarter is in it's final week, and I'm really posting to try and get it over the hump. The game looks fantastic and supports BOTH Regular and VR modes. Obduction was a great game, but it struggled to run in VR because it wasn't built for VR. I think they have learned their lessons and will rectify that this time. I think Cyan deserves another chance.

Last edited:

Tetraeon

I've backed this as well and I'm also really hoping it succeeds – if you're a fan of Myst at all I recommend you check this out! Additionally to those on the fence due to the game being in VR, it will also release completely playable in flat screen mode so you can play it on a monitor as well.

I was about to ask wtf PS4 since when, but now I see that it is a stretch goal way at the bottom.

Is there a way you can conditionally back? I would put down money immediately for a PS4 version, but if it doesn't reach the stretch goal I have no use for a PC version lol

EDarkness

I didn't know they were in Spokane. Pretty cool. I wish them luck, but I wasn't all that impressed with Obduction, even though I liked the idea of it. I guess we'll see how this new thing fares.

Tetraeon

Obduction had its flaws, and a rather abrupt ending, but I did enjoy it! I feel like they have learned from that game and will apply improvements to this one, that is if it reaches the funding goal. I've put forward for the Physical Box edition so hopefully this all pans out!

silentz

Banned
Firmament has been funded! PS4/VR and MacOS versions confirmed.

e4aaabf87a6c958d6e812a3c4f7bda57_original.jpg

28aac4d0a65a393d5583ee3f7f74b627_original.JPG

Last edited:

RuhRo

Glad it got funded. Looks like they committed to all the stretch goal promises too, which seems silly—why remove people’s motivation to give more with a full day left?

Handy Fake

Have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed Obduction. Although I was huge fan of Myst and Riven.
Keeping an eye on this one.

Top Bottom