• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Alan Wake: Night Springs Screenshot [XBLA, Revealing December 10th At VGAs]

Arnie

Hope it's downloadable episodes, with Night Springs being the first one. I game in bitesize chunks anyway, this way it'd be perfect.

Looks pretty much like the Dance Central menu, the best way of navigating with Kinect. It probably isn't though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kinect feature somewhere in the game optionally.
It would be pretty funny if they overlay your silhouette in the background like kinect adventures menus...but as Alan Wake or a Possessed. :)

It might be a bit difficult to pull off 8+ menu items with the Dance Central method though...especially how they are cramped together.

I can't wait to see the reveal. I really LOVE the Alan Wake world.

Speaking of Alan Wake, I went and saw the Twilight movie this past weekend and they played this trailer before the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXXRS3Kghh4&ob=av3e

It sort of reminded me of a certain video game I know.

Daniel Radcliffe is Alan Wake confirmed.

Getting a 360 for Alan Wake and all its children. I recently watched Twin Peaks and loved it, which made me appreciate Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and Alan Wake clearly takes inspiration from Twin Peaks as well.
If you are on a Twin Peaks kick you will definitely get Twin Peaks vibes from Alan Wake, but get Deadly Premonition as well. Deadly Premonition is basically Twin Peaks the game.

It might be a bit difficult to pull off 8+ menu items with the Dance Central method though...especially how they are cramped together.
Well the Dance Central menu lets you select from dozens of songs, so the length shouldn't be an issue. The menu also bumps out if you highlight it with your hand to show the currently selected song/option so they're not as cramped.

As I said though, I doubt it is. Unless it's a Kinect only game there would be no need for it, and I don't think there's much chance at all that this will be a full motion title.

jackdoe

I loved Alan Wake, but I hope they stay as far away from forests as possible for this. I'm completely burned out on that setting after the first game.

Shurs

Getting a 360 for Alan Wake and all its children. I recently watched Twin Peaks and loved it, which made me appreciate Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and Alan Wake clearly takes inspiration from Twin Peaks as well.

It's nothing like Twin Peaks, aside from its Pacific Northwest setting. Tonally, the two are pretty far apart.

Deadly Premonition is much closer to Twin Peaks, if that's what you're looking for.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Torn, I really hated the gunplay, the writing, and collecathon aspects of the first game. Still was compelled to play it through despite my intense dislike just because it at least felt different without feeling broken.

For twin peaks fans, just get deadly premonition it's better in everyway except graphics and the shooting. The shooting deficiencies won't even matter after the first area if you do sidequests that thankfully trivialize the combat.

I loved Alan Wake, but I hope they stay as far away from forests as possible for this. I'm completely burned out on that setting after the first game.
Really, after a single game you're burned out on its setting? That is what made it so memorable for me. It was the lack of gameplay variety that burned me out after a while. New environments would be welcome, but I wouldn't like them to stay away from forests completely. It wouldn't feel like Alan Wake.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My 360 red ringed a few months ago. :(

Alan Wake was one of the few 360 exclusives that I really, really enjoyed (outside of Mass Effect 1).

I'm bummed I won't be able to play this new one until I get a new 360, which, unfortunately, won't be happening for a while.

derFeef

6mOXx.png

:D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-08-alan-wakes-american-nightmare-spotted

Lingitiz

Has Alan Wake been selling well as a downloadable title/redeemable code? I feel like this as an xbla title might be in response to those sales. It also seems MS is trying to push more niche titles like the Japanese Kinect games away from retail and towards the downloadable space.

S1kkZ

Has Alan Wake been selling well as a downloadable title/redeemable code? I feel like this as an xbla title might be in response to those sales. It also seems MS is trying to push more niche titles like the Japanese Kinect games away from retail and towards the downloadable space.

there was an article on a german site last week (gamefront). they said alan wake sold 1.5 million units worldwise and 900 000 of it where downloads. i dont know where they got the numbers from.

derFeef

There was a documentary too with the name "The American Nightmare". I am sure they are not connected, but really interested to see where this goes.

I don't hate the name, but Night Springs would have been great too. Mind you I am saying that without knowing what the game's story is about.

Frankfurt

Banned
The name is getting a lot of hate, wow.

"American Nightmare" is fine. "Alan Wake's American Nightmare" is god-awful. Even "Alan Wake: American Nightmare" would be better.

Night Springs was... ok. Less marketable, though.

Please somebody rehost the title screen for poor sobs at work.

Title screen:

http://kotaku.com/5856254/this-sure-looks-like-the-title-screen-to-the-next-alan-wake

First "screenshot":

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/07/alan-wakes-night-springs-goes-this-old-house-in-first-screen/

"American Nightmare" is fine. "Alan Wake's American Nightmare" is god-awful. Even "Alan Wake: American Nightmare" would be better.

Night Springs was... ok. Less marketable, though.

Title screen:

http://kotaku.com/5856254/this-sure-looks-like-the-title-screen-to-the-next-alan-wake

First "screenshot":

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/07/alan-wakes-night-springs-goes-this-old-house-in-first-screen/

I think it's meant to sound like a book title... like "Stephen King's..." or something to that effect.

Top Bottom