• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First dessert (off-screen) gameplay footage of Uncharted 3

Luthos

Naughty Gods, indeed.

It really is amazing how much better they get their games to look than other devs using the same hardware.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Video says it's been removed by the user for me. :(

tumblr_lry5tlESxi1qjhed9.jpg

I'm guessing it's footage from The Settlement that they showed off at the EuroGamer Expo with Richard Lemurchard and Nolan North? If so, I wrote a little something about it: Uncharted 3 Developer Session

DarkChild

Banned
Luthos said:
Naughty Gods, indeed.

It really is amazing how much better they get their games to look than other devs using the same hardware.
Its mostly because they, and just couple other developers in industry have this kind of artists at their disposal. I mean, look at that sand scene...Its not geometry heavy, there is only one light source and one character on the screen, but it looks so fucking good because there is such attention to detail that people like myself have to change their pants after looking at it.

SkylineRKR

To think that these guys developed Way of the Warrior on 3DO... But Naughty Dog has to be one of the best out there. They already pushed the Ps1 with their Crash franchise. CTR and Crash 3 in particular looked amazing.

Graphics look nuts, the lighting and sand fx are phenomenal. Combat however looks floaty and script-heavy. The player spends half their time waiting for animations to blend / finish. Seeing Drake go into a mini-game fist fight while another enemy circles around him blasting an AK into his back is silly. This is probably on easy mode or something though. I hope the actual combat is tighter.

Ploid 3.0

Glad I watched it. Looks very perdy.

Video moment
I like the survivor man moment he had when he found water on the ground. Felt sad and hot

After playing Vanquish to death, I'm not sure if I can ever be entertained by another third-person shooter. I played Gears of War 3 a little, and it felt ancient to me. I love Uncharted, though. So we'll see.

EDIT: Also, I didn't watch that video. The last footage I saw for this was the E3 demonstration. Just like the other Uncharted games, I'm going in fairly fresh. :D

modulaire

The graphics are mindblowing - the only thing that is bothering me a bit are his floaty feet. They seem to glide over the ground in some scenes.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Is UC3 supposed to make any significant gameplay advances? The platforming and combat didn't seem like anything special in the video.

After playing Vanquish to death, I'm not sure if I can ever be entertained by another third-person shooter. I played Gears of War 3 a little, and it felt ancient to me. I love Uncharted, though. So we'll see.

EDIT: Also, I didn't watch that video. The last footage I saw for this was the E3 demonstration. Just like the other Uncharted games, I'm going in fairly fresh. :D

To each his own, but no thanks.

Oct 18th!

tzare

Chairman Yang said:
Is UC3 supposed to make any significant gameplay advances? The platforming and combat didn't seem like anything special in the video.
why the need to change? only minor tweaks are needed as U2 is already great.

Apath

tzare said:
why the need to change? only minor tweaks are needed as U2 is already great.
Moot point anyway, as they said in the video the AI has been drastically improved. If it's truly dynamic, encounters will not play out the same way twice -- which would be a huge improvement.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Its no Journey, but still visually impressive!

Ploid 3.0

Boombloxer said:
To each his own, but no thanks.

Oct 18th!

The only different thing I remember from vanquish is the witch time slow motion, and sliding rocket run. Oh and the ability to add those together for running slow motion bullet time. I should play it again to refresh, but when people mention how amazing it's 3rd person mechanics are I just remember it feeling like any third person game. I actually remembered having a harder time adjusting to it's sensitivity.

Kenak said:
Yep, combat looks the same.

Graphics and animation are amazing though.

The surprised pirate guy with the bottle of booze was funny. Very cartoonish.

Top Bottom