• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First dessert (off-screen) gameplay footage of Uncharted 3

tzare

Kenak said:
Moot point anyway, as they said in the video the AI has been drastically improved. If it's truly dynamic, encounters will not play out the same way twice -- which would be a huge improvement.
how does that change platforming and combat? i mean, actions will be the same or almost the same. Of course better AI means better encounters overall, but that doesn't mean that what already worked needs to be fixed.

Pranay

tzare said:
how does that change platforming and combat? i mean, actions will be the same or almost the same. Of course better AI means better encounters overall, but that doesn't mean that what already worked needs to be fixed.

Lets Wait and See.

The person playing is an idiot. I don't understand how you can manage to make Uncharted look boring. I actually sighed during one of the game's scripted pauses.

... Fuck, I can't shake the feeling that this game is going to feel too samey for me, like it won't be enough of a jump from UC2. The new animation doesn't wow me for some reason either.

It's OK, overall, but Uncharted is not supposed to be just "OK"...

nawmeen?

Pranay

SLEEPS7ALK3R said:
The person playing is an idiot. I don't understand how you can manage to make Uncharted look boring. I actually sighed during one of the game's scripted pauses.

... Fuck, I can't shake the feeling that this game is going to feel too samey for me, like it won't be enough of a jump from UC2. The new animation doesn't wow me for some reason either.

nawmeen?

It was Fun to watch imo.

Uncharted Combat is always fun to play. Melee fights have been improved. Im Pretty sure ND has added stuffs to the gameplay which we will know when we play =)

Gorgeous hardly begins to describe it.

I'm probably more wowed by the character animations than anything at this point, but just a stunning game. I will never understand how Naughty Dog does it. Seriously, some of the most talented individuals.

SLEEPS7ALK3R said:

nawmeen?
Unlike you, I'm super excited for the game. However, I too felt like the gameplay looked pretty awkward because the person playing sucked. It didn't flow right, if that makes any sense.

Santar

This series has gotten too scripted and cutscene heavy for me, it almost doesn't feel like a game anymore. More like one long on rails sequence.
But that dessert sequence in the start sure looked cinematic though, nice music too.

MidnightCowboy said:
Unlike you, I'm super excited for the game. However, I too felt like the gameplay looked pretty awkward because the person playing sucked. It didn't flow right, if that makes any sense.

Believe me, if there's any game to restore my gaming boner, it's this game. But this just made it look like the person playing was trying to "make it look cool", as opposed to taking advantage of what the animation system is designed for... Does that make any sense? :S

OMG I'm not watching, I wanna see this for myself the first time I play it.

Suprisingly I haven't seen anything else on this game since they demo'd the burning building part, thanks to my no meida blackout on this game :D

Top Bottom