• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First direct feed screenshots of Dragon Quest 7 3DS

At what point would it be safe to say that Nintendo and SE have given up on DQ in the West? No localization announcements for the 3DS titles or DQX by E3 next year?

At what point would it be safe to say that Nintendo and SE have given up on DQ in the West? No localization announcements for the 3DS titles or DQX by E3 next year?
Dragon Quest VII and X will come out here, I don't have any doubts.

The sideline games are the ones to worry about.

Rest in peace, Pirate Slime. You were never even given a chance.

fates

I honestly feel like that's already happened. Didn't expect DQ10 to come over, but the other 3DS games have been no shows too... which is why I'm trying not to get excited for this. Those screens are making that really hard though.

Xelinis

Wait.

026.jpg

Who's that on the far right?

Dragon Quest VII and X will come out here, I don't have any doubts.

The sideline games are the ones to worry about.

Rest in peace, Pirate Slime. You were never even given a chance.

Rocket Slime 3 not coming to the US is one of the saddest things that has ever happened in my gaming history. I was super late to the party with Rocket Slime DS (played it in 2010), but it became probably my second favorite Dragon Quest game ever after V. It was so incredibly fun.

Rocket Slime 3 probably not coming to the US is sad as shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Just saw all the pics

hnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg I'll play the shit out of this.

Rocket Slime 3 not coming to the US is one of the saddest things that has ever happened in my gaming history. I was super late to the party with Rocket Slime DS (played it in 2010), but it became probably my second favorite Dragon Quest game ever after V. It was so incredibly fun.

Rocket Slime 3 probably not coming to the US is sad as shit.
My whole groups of friends and I have great memories of the multi-player, we were all exciting when we saw the new game.

It really does suck. And the whole region-lock just is salt on the open wound.

Boogdud

I know people are referring to viii's char designs, but I think whatever Toriyama feels like drawing at the time.. Also,VIII looked great on a crt at the time. It looks like a horrid jaggy disaster on a modern tv. I tried emulating it on psx2 a while back but it had a lot of problems at the time.

I'm a dq sucker so I'll be getting it no matter what, but i still prefer the old 2d art. I kind of wish they would just do a remake something like the super mario bros stuff. nice 2d/semi-3d art.

darksagus

looks really nice, if I don't have a 3ds by the time it releases here Ill pick one up for this, something about the DQ series makes them just a fun time to play through.

Aeana

It's been a while since I played VII, eight years, but was the main job hegemony complaint that it took too long to level them up?
There are a lot of contributing issues, but linking job progression to number of battles fought is definitely one of the more major grievances.

It's been a while since I played VII, eight years, but was the main job hegemony complaint that it took too long to level them up?

It took a long time to unlock jobs, then it took a long time to level up those jobs, then you have two characters who tag in and out of the party, then some characters don't join until fairly late in the game...

fates

They didn't change that the job progression in DQ6, based on that I dunno if they'll do it here.

They do seem to be switching stuff up though, so you never know. Besides, now with the ability to see monsters you'll (ideally) get into less battles, and such a progression system would be even more overwhelming.

ronito

Dragon Quest VII is Best Dragon Quest (with the possible exception of III).

I can't wait for this. I'll console myself with starting a new game of VIII.

Aeana

They didn't change that the job progression in DQ6, based on that I dunno if they'll do it here.

They do seem to be switching stuff up though, so you never know. Besides, now with the ability to see monsters you'll (ideally) get into less battles, and such a progression system would be even more overwhelming.
Well, DQ6 didn't really get much of a remake at all. It's pretty much just a porting into the DQ7/DS remake engine. Super disappointing. :(

Dragon Quest VII is Best Dragon Quest (with the possible exception of III).

I can't wait for this. I'll console myself with starting a new game of VIII.

I've got to go with VIII as my personal favorite DQ. The lead up to the battle with Dhoulmagus reminded me of rescuing the princess in Dragon Warrior when I was a kid. It was epic and the. Then game opened up every more. Also S-E's stellar localization was, and still is, amazing.

Aeana

That's the first shot I've seen visible enemies in dungeons. The other dungeon shots didn't have enemies visible. Wonder what's up with that.

Gloam

That's the first shot I've seen visible enemies in dungeons. The other dungeon shots didn't have enemies visible. Wonder what's up with that.

Pity, I liked the idea of visible monsters on the field only. Suppose we don't know how it'll be 'til there's footage, so I live and hope.

Top Bottom