• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First downsampled 1080p screens from PS4 Pro (Titanfall 2)

platina

Interesting to note that black levels are different but no detailed is lost or crushed?? Maybe pro version is native 10 bit color vs 8 bit? Idk

Its just funny to me that people were just downplaying downsampaling in the DF thread. I'm sitting there thinking surely I must have seen something else cuz downsampaling can do wonders.

Alucrid

Banned
gat damn. maybe i should buy titanfall? otherwise the only launch content i'll have is tlou, witness and first light

Latimer

Banned
I can't tell the difference. 30 and 60fps too. Nothing wrong with that

No difference for you at all?

Erm0LJZ.gif

valkyre

Yes. Not sure why this is so shocking to some.

Lol.

Because Sony did a shit job of marketing the Pro to me and because words are one thing, I have to see it with my own eyes to "get it". I am not very good with technical stuff nor do I bother with them much. Dont care how things work, as long as they do and my eyes see a tangible difference.

This guy who took the downsampled photos from PS4 Pro and compared it with PS4 is what Sony should have done weeks ago...

Damned nice comparisons there.

It's not a huge difference, but that extra clarity and cleaner edges to everything just polishes a nice looking game up to be a great looking game.

I'm really pretty chuffed at how this has turned out.

Not too big of a power difference to feel a waste or be both a disappointing jump that still causes Pro exclusive titles that split the user base, but significant enough to show clear advantages and give the true current gen 1080p gaming experience we should have had day one, all without breaking the bank.

Honestly, going from a system that's acceptable despite some notable failings, to a abundance of riches with room to spare power wise, is just lovely.

Sure, it's not really up to 4K gaming, but I expect we'll be waiting for the PS5Pro before that's the case anyway.

Cannot wait to get my hands on one of these now. It's going to just be ace!

Leyasu

Banned
Yep, looks great. Straight off the bat you can see a difference. In a year or two games are going to look even better.

Very nice indeed.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Because Sony did a shit job of marketing the Pro to me and because words are one thing, I have to see it with my own eyes to "get it". I am not very good with technical stuff nor do I bother with them much. Dont care how things work, as long as they do and my eyes see a tangible difference.

This guy who took the downsampled photos from PS4 Pro and compared it with PS4 is what Sony should have done weeks ago...

But we had this weeks ago, with paragon.

These images are courtesy of jett:

5abhqwn.png

5b8aqea.png

Nice...everything looks super clean...I'll be ok with this for another 3 years.

Would really really like to play Bloodborne with a patch, game would be that much more awesome cleaned up like this.

Solrac

i know some one that dont gonna buy a console within the first 2 years after release..or maybe never again.

Deepo

This is exactly what I hoped for (after accepting that the Pro mostly won't deliver 60FPS). Downsampling is fantastic on PC, bring on the Pro!

Definitely can see a much crisper image with less aliasing and more details.

look at the night time pic, specifically the area in the background with the fire and stairs in it. The PS4 pro version of this area is much cleaner, more detailed and line aliasing is significantly less.

Nice!

i really don't want to hop on the hype train of the PS4 pro. I need an area rug and coffee table... not another console.. ahhhhhhhhhh

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
My favorite thing about these images is the quality of the graphics.

Nice...everything looks super clean...I'll be ok with this for another 3 years.

Would really really like to play Bloodborne with a patch, game would be that much more awesome cleaned up like this.

I'm still astonished they've not announced a patch for Bloodborne. Even just more stable 30fps, better frame pacing and down sampling would be more than worth it for the good will.

Same with Witcher 3. Sony should have been throwing money at CDPR to get that patched.

Still, even if Bloodborne doesn't get patched, Nioh is going to benefit so gods damned much from this. If we can expect this kind of clarity bump with the 60fps mode, it's possibly going to be in the running for game of the generation.

Memento

Man, Bloodborne would benefit so much from downsampling. The game has an absolutely amazing art style and visual design, the only thing holding it back is the aliasing. The improved IQ would make it perfect.

Top Bottom