• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of Donkey Kong Racing in 7 years (plus Battletoads GBA)

[Nintex] said:
So far we've seen:
Perfect Dark Xbox beta, Sabreman Stampede, renders/artwork from Star Fox Adventures(which showed scenes cut from the game). Battletoads GBA and Banjo Pilot 3D.

RARE is anything but locked down and tight-lipped.

That's always the impression I got, anyway. They always seemed to be so unwilling to comment on anything that seemed to have been cut from their games any time I've ever seen the subject brought up.

Granted, the last time I really looked in to that stuff was probably over five years ago on Rare Witch Project.

Prine

Banned
watkinzez said:
Much of the DKR team resigned in 2004, which pretty much sealed the game's fate. We missed out on a spiritual successor to the best kart racer ever made, plus a guaranteed awesome David Wise soundtrack. :(

Where do you people get this information. Prove it or it didnt happen.

koma

[Nintex] said:
renders/artwork from Star Fox Adventures(which showed scenes cut from the game)

i missed those.. are they still online somewhere? Starfox Adventure had an interesting development (Dinosaur Planet 64), i wonder how many stuff were cut from the game

koma said:
i missed those.. are they still online somewhere? Starfox Adventure had an interesting development (Dinosaur Planet 64), i wonder how many stuff were cut from the game

IGN's N64 section still had them last I checked a year or two ago.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, Battletoads looks horrible... I'm a big fan of the original game, but those rendered sprites... ugh. Plus the character sprite looks way too lanky.

[Nintex]

Sega1991 said:
IGN's N64 section still had them last I checked a year or two ago.
I'm not sure if they have it, someone found it on the site of someone who worked at RARE or used to work there. And it was from SFA not Dinosaur planet.

I would love to see PerfectDark Gamecube version. i remember at some E3 myiamoto saying he had footage to show but then decided to not show it.....also rumours said it was looking gorgeous....

Bluemercury said:
I would love to see PerfectDark Gamecube version. i remember at some E3 myiamoto saying he had footage to show but then decided to not show it.....also rumours said it was looking gorgeous....
Having just finally finished the single player of PD0, I bet they didn't change too much from the early versions. While I don't hate the single-player like most do (and actually like a good amount of the levels), the game plays like the level design was done nearly immediately after Perfect Dark was released in 2000. The level/mission design and enemy AI is very much along the lines of Goldeneye and PD (very discrete and distinct levels, multiple objectives based on difficulty, limited checkpoints)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Oliver.S said:
Banjo team is still intact..
eh not really.

Grant Kirkhope (Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, etc.) recently left Rare.

So that's a big piece of Banjo charm that's gone forever.

It seems like Rare is a sinking ship unfortunately, who knows who'll leave next...

watkinzez

Cerrius said:
eh not really.

Grant Kirkhope (Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, etc.)

Recently left Rare.

Still leaves 9 of 15. Robin Beanland can do Banjo easily.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Cerrius said:
eh not really.

Grant Kirkhope (Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, etc.) recently left Rare.

It seems like Rare is a sinking ship unfortunately, who knows who'll leave next...
He already finished work on Nuts & Bolts, I believe.

(Someone will correct me, I'm sure. :p)

Rlan

Well at some point it looked like this:

Those popped up after Rare was bought by Microsoft, when it was still coming to the Xbox.

Top Bottom