• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

big_z

theres videos on youtube for most of the games. conker does have problems it seems. jet force and blast corp seem fine though.

Huh, I was watching someone stream Conker and it seemed fine.

Guess I'm not as good at picking up a poor frame-rate as I thought I was....

amardilo

Due to being an xbox title, I'm guessing Grabbed by the Ghoulies was ported to the Xbox One and thus allowed the game to get a res (and framerate?) bump? Would have been interesting to see then how the Xbox version of Conker would have looked like if it was included too and got a 1080p/60fps improvement because I remember that game looking really good back then as it is.

I think remember hearing some Rare employees mentioned in a recent Twitch stream that the only game that was fully ported was Grabbed by the Ghoulies and the other games are emulated.

I think this is the video at around the 49:45 mark - http://www.twitch.tv/rareltd/b/680782775

Grassy

If l remember rightly didn't JFG have references to legendary pedeophile Jimmy Savile? Think they've removed that?

"Legendary"... I think infamous would be a better term, lmao. Minor spoiler-alert:
It was a voice-over that impersonates his voice at the end of the game.
I don't want to go too far into googling/Youtubing it because I never completed JFG.

Balls, ordered from the Game Collection in the hope of getting it early and it still hasn't shipped.
Can't argue at £17 though.

Tomorrow will mostly be an evening of Blast Corps I think!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
microsoft store is supposed to have release date delivery right?

I just got a UPS notification that a package from Microsoft Store will be here tomorrow, and Rare Replay is the only thing I ordered from them.

TedHub

Banned
I just got a UPS notification that a package from Microsoft Store will be here tomorrow, and Rare Replay is the only thing I ordered from them.

Does the Microsoft Store site say your package shipped? It doesn't for me and it's a little bit worrying.

Does the Microsoft Store site say your package shipped? It doesn't for me and it's a little bit worrying.

Mine still is "Order in Process". I chatted with the Live Chat yesterday and they told me it should ship today, but this is still really late for a release day item to be shipping.

Lynd7

As long as it's better than the original N64 PAL version I'll be content tbh

Wouldn't the PAL and NTSC versions of Conker be roughly the same? Rare made proper PAL versions usually.

As long as the games aren't a lot worse I'd consider that a win. Minor improvements would be nice though.

Mine still is "Order in Process". I chatted with the Live Chat yesterday and they told me it should ship today, but this is still really late for a release day item to be shipping.
People on the CAG are saying they got Next Day Air shipping from UPS for their orders. Personally have not got any shipping confirmation yet.

People on the CAG are saying they got Next Day Air shipping from UPS for their orders. Personally have not got any shipping confirmation yet.

We shall see then. I'm still not sure if it'll matter for me. I said a few pages back that my first son is due to be born anytime, so it's a race to see which gets here first! I'm excited to play it, but don't think I will be for a few days.

Cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Also will probably not be able to play it tomorrow due to the Xbox One's structure of having to download the game before playing it.

Cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Also will probably not be able to play it tomorrow due to the Xbox One's structure of having to download the game before playing it.

Disc version? Set your xb1 to offline, it will install quite quickly (quicker than when online anyway) then go back online when it's done and the process is much quicker to get the day 1 patch.

Unfortunately installs are much slower when online and getting day 1 patch as well, it's weird.
Not a great solution but better than nothing

Disc version? Set your xb1 to offline, it will install quite quickly (quicker than when online anyway) then go back online when it's done and the process is much quicker to get the day 1 patch.

Unfortunately installs are much slower when online and getting day 1 patch as well, it's weird.
Not a great solution but better than nothing
Good idea.
Yeah it is the disc version. I remember Sunset Overdrive was digital and pretty much took the whole night.

No clue why disc installing on PS4 is like 10x faster. Guess better optimized.

Going to get it after work tomorrow!

So excited. Been playing DK64 on the Wii U and the game is just as fun as I remember it.

Can't wait to play all the other games...

Idk what to play first 😩

I once bought a tablet from the microsoft store and it said it shipped 2 days after i recieved it. If you're worried ring them but the tracking on there store sucks.

I once bought a tablet from the microsoft store and it said it shipped 2 days after i recieved it. If you're worried ring them but the tracking on there store sucks.

Haven't bought anything from them in a while, but more than half of the things I did get through the MS store had my order tracking updated as shipping only within single-digit hours of receipt. I never once missed a release-day preorder.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tested my Windows 10 streaming yesterday. Works great. Will play lots of Rare Replay on it tomorrow assuming it unlocks at a reasonable time in the UK.

(summer holidays so kids hogging the living room TV. Luckily they're either playing splatoon on the WiiU or Fifa on the PS4, leaving the Xbox free for me)

So is it true that the controls for conker an others (JFG?) are inverted only and can't be changed? That's a major bummer for me if true.

If the review says what you're saying, this conflicts with something that came from someone at RARE...

http://mmgn.com/xboxone/news--the-360-games-are-included-on-rare-replay-dis
It must get a license key from the store then install the games onto your system. It is a separate install from the first disc install.

Reviews say the games have to install after you install the regular game.

So Rare can be saying the truth, but seems it might be impossible to play the Xbox 360 games totally offline.

From the destructoid review
Mostly likely a key you have to download online to then download the games from your disc.
Curious if someone tried to play Xbox 360 games not connecting to online at all.

Tried out Blast Corps this morning and it hit me right in the feels. I'd mostly forgotten about the finer details of the game but the intro demo reel showed some cool parts so I'm hyped to get to them.

Resolution looked good, frame rate seemed fine and I still hate the Backlash. Can't wait to try some more after work and some of the other n64 games.

Bread

Banned
is kameo downloading completely for anyone? my tile says "installation stopped" and when i press install again it sticks to 99% updated. I deleted and tried downloading again already, and nothing changed.

Top Bottom