• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Image of PS4 Retail Demo Station At Home Depot

I2amza

It's obviously for all the people going to buy tubs guys. Just have the demo station in front of tub area and have the PS4 playing a video of Cerny.

Genius!

xaosslug

Sony coming after the home space HARD this generation!
iVo8CtUB92UkI.gif

As wario pointed out, the guy who made the demo unit also made a base for the PS4

So there's no way that demo unit is offical

Some guy just whipped it up most like

Apparently they came from this guy, he was building a "PS4 Base" a couple days ago

https://twitter.com/John_R_Freitas

Not sure what to make of him having a console though

I mean sony has to send out complete demo unit setups right?

No way every store makes their own or even make the base for the PS4

NeoUltima

Home Depot? I seriously can't stop laughing. Like what the hell.

It's either a very elaborate joke, or the employee works for another chain and is saying Home Depot to protect himself.

Loomba

Looks cool, although I've never understood why the plastic encasing is solid; must cause huge overheating problems. They should really put holes in them so air can escape.

sublimit

Banned
Man i can't stop imagining how my set up will look with a PS4 under my tv even though it has no games at launch that interest me...
Sony must be doing something very right to make me think like that.

As wario pointed out, the guy who made the demo unit also made a base for the PS4

So there's no way that demo unit is offical

Some guy just whipped it up most like

Not sure what to make of him having a console though

I mean sony has to send out complete demo unit setups right?

No way every store makes their own or even make the base for the PS4
Well they don't have to..

DeadcatXL

Banned
Putting up a demo kit at Home Depot is genius.

It's where us 30-something males have to go all the time.

I like this kind of alternative marketing.

JP

Closer and closer, really can't wait now. Only 7 weeks to go in the UK and it's paid for with KZ, Watch Dogs & Battlefield with a week off work. Got £150 in credits in the local shop so I'll likely spend that too, early Christmas baby!! :)

Every time somebody posts stuff like this it makes me want it more. I come into the threads "Oow, picture of a PS4 box", "Wow, trophy notification" or "Look at that, what a beautiful power cable"!!! I don't think Sony need to spend millions on advertising for this, just a few pictures of the instruction booklets and the DS4 USB lead is all the excitment I can take now.

Loakum

Banned
I was just at Home Depot two days ago, buying some dry wall......I guess I'll have to make another trip there.

Future scalpers beware there is such a surplus home improvement stores are getting supplies. Lol. Next Bed Bath and Beyond then Goodwill.

FlyFaster

home depot? Of all the places I could think of, I don't think I'd ever have chosen a hardware store to put a PS4 demo kit in.

Broank

Well thats just... random.

I guess home depot is usually pretty busy where I am so it might be a good spot to get people to see it.

DeviantBoi

Hey Gies, where are they hiding the computer that actually runs the demo games? Is it in the cylinder beneath the empty PS4 shell?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This doesn't shock me I bought my Xbox 360 at Home Depot...a few of them sell video game stuff...and then they don't...and then they do again lol...its weird

marvin83

Banned
I preordered my PS4 at Home Depot & it came with free delivery so long as I purchased a bathtub.

I think it would be the most awesome thing in the world if there was a brand of bathroom fixtures (tubs/faucets/etc) called Cerny. For joke escalation, obv.

Context:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1o455o/ps4_retail_demo_station/ccon47m?context=3

I hope for the sake of the reporter that the dude isn't joking, cause lol

Yeah. He is definitely joking. The guy who said "Home Depot" joked. The other guy responded to his joke as a sign of fake confirmation. Read his comment history and you can see him laughing out at this shit. I can't believe they fell for this shit.

EDIT: Yep. It's a joke.

rDpOuAA.png

You all need some spanking.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm cancelling my preorder in anticipation of the impending tub bundle from Home Depot. The only way to PS4.

Top Bottom