• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First "Larrabee" Project Offset screenshot according to Intel

A.R.K

Ether_Snake said:
This is next-gen:D

11074_large_11072_large_Larrabee1.jpg

LAIR
2?????:lol

Damn looks beyond good!

Schrade

MickeyKnox said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Are you fucking blind?

*edit*

WTF, why do the :lols show up fine (horizontal) in preview but vertical when posted?
If you use the neoGAF (vBulletin) Post Image Fit & Hover userstyle, it'll do that. I had to disable it because it got to be annoying :-/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
akachan ningen said:
unfortunately, animation is more about skill than technology. Unless you can find a real dragon to motion capture.
They have a short animation of a dragon on the website, it looks nice, but that was 2 years ago.

I just hope the game turns out to be a game instead of a tech demo for Intel.

jett

D-Member
You have to be really gullible, retarded, blind or a combination of all three to believe that's something other than concept art.

dionysus

Yaldog
Looks like concept art to me. Also it is super blurry.

Hardware manufacturers always have ridiculous good looking demos when they release a new generation of cards, and games never look even close to them.

aeolist

Banned
It's a weird marketing promo shot that's either not a direct screengrab or something seriously weird is up with that game.

Don't make too much of it.

legend166

adelante said:
holeeeyyy jeeebus

Edit: hmmm and according to Intel, this is what the competition's able to achieve right now:

11073_large_11071_large_Larrabee2.jpg

So, next gen: People will have more HP and won't be killed by dragons as easily?

Because I might be blind (-5.5 contacts!), but those screens looks pretty much the same, to me. At best, looks like a GCN > Wii jump.

aeolist

Banned
legend166 said:
So, next gen: People will have more HP and won't be killed by dragons as easily?

Because I might be blind (-5.5 contacts!), but those screens looks pretty much the same, to me. At best, looks like a GCN > Wii jump.
They took out the smoke effects and all the dudes running around the arena floor for the competitor shot, some other small things too.

It's marketing bullshit. Why is this news?

hirokazu

Why so blurry? :/

It's hard to judge these purported screenshots when you can't really see whether they're actually good graphics or not.

R0nn

"Hey guys, let's release an overly blurry screenshot with some neat haze, smoke, lighting and object based blur effects slapped onto it so it almost looks like a CG shot with no apparent graphical shortcomings to the untrained eye and make everyone go "ohhh" and "aaahh"!

Meanwhile, release the same shot without all the neat effects slapped on, photoshop some people out, as well as all the object based shadows and claim that's all current hardware is able to handle! Actually, that's what the original screenshot looked like before we smothered it will effects..."

FirewalkR

There was some conference in the last few days where Intel showed a few LRB die shots and they showed up online as photos of the slides during presentation. Could these be photos too, hence the low image quality? Given what Offset were achieving a few years ago something like this should be possible these days. The Intel vs competition thing, though, is... well, whatever.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Well, in a way Project Offset is like nibris.. showing stuff like this.. we worried if minecarts start to appear on screenshots..

Vorador

Banned
Well, using a blurried screenshots from a trailer isn't going to be really convincing. The difference between both screenshots could be photoshopped easily.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
adelante said:
holeeeyyy jeeebus

Edit: hmmm and according to Intel, this is what the competition's able to achieve right now:

:lol

That's so BS-ey and fuddy on their part.

The game looks really good. But it's hard to say how much of that is hardware and how much of it is the guys working on the game. Of course, wise of Intel to use such talented folks to show off their hardware, but it doesn't tell us much about apples-for-apples comparisons with other chips. I'd wonder if you put the same guys working exclusively on nvidia's latest or amd's latest (or, moreover, their 2010 chips), if they wouldn't do something similarly spectacular.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think this is literally just a piece of concept artwork that's supposed to show what graphical features Larrabee can handle versus what graphics features the competition can supposed handle.

I think they just used paintings instead of actually showing off parts from their engine. There's nothing in the article that seems to indicate these are screenshots either, rather than representative drawings.

Hello bullshot,

why are you lying to these fine GAFfers?
can't you see that they want to believe you're real so bad that they almost believed you?
why are you doing this to them
you're bad
bad bullshot

Rolf NB

jett said:
You have to be really gullible, retarded, blind or a combination of all three to believe that's something other than concept art.
The Larrabee hype on GAF has never been shy to go to weird places.

Minsc

Gold Member
U K Narayan said:
[MG]http://i40.tinypic.com/30sa4b8.gif[/IMG]

:lol

I'm just not digging the blurriness and their cooked comparison one bit, puts me off to this.

Release a proper 1920x1200 screenshot without any blur (and no, that's not motion blur), and drop the BS comparison "this is what our competition can do" crap, and maybe they'd have a better response.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I really wish Project Offset wasn't bought up to be used as some show horse for Larrabee. I wanted it a year ago!

jaypah

Bluemercury said:
I like seeing the Ps3 and 360 fans feeling insecure......:lol ....graphic whoreness indeed.......hoping for more info.....

wait....what? where? all i see is people saying that it looks like blurry artwork. and it does.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Bluemercury said:
I like seeing the Ps3 and 360 fans feeling insecure......:lol ....graphic whoreness indeed.......hoping for more info.....

Not believing everything we are told = insecure?

Flying_Phoenix said:
Slow motion or not, in regular motion it looks really bad. And I doubt that speed has anything to do with it since there are games that play significantly faster than Brawl that look smooth.

Eh, sorry but Brawl's animation is very good. They had very talented people doing the animation for characters.
There was a part of animation in videogames were brawl was shown in my arts university.
The teacher of animation expalined us how good the animation was done, and how the characters move the articulations reacting to terrain.

You clearly know less than him, and the rest of animation professionals, so yeah, you are completly wrong.

Another game that has excellent animation is Punch-Out!!, all the weight the boxers have seem realistic, even if they are cartoon characters.

Graphical power is not the only thing to get realistic, you need excellent animators working so all can work perfectly. That's what separates good games from excellent ones. at least in visual department.

Rolf NB

I particularly enjoy the errors in perspective. The dragon tail's tip is front of the rightmost soldier's neck for some reason. The dragon is also too long to even fit in front of the wall where it stands. But hey, who wants to know details when you can have stupid rampant hope.

Top Bottom