• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at the healing items in Resident Evil 7

Shin-Ra

It's Christmas and chocolate coins left strewn about give a small boost to health, the drawback being you need to manually remove the foil wrapper with a two-thumb touchpad gesture.

Archpath1

A coin! = money = transactions =

We have to buy medicine with our own damn money

Lol idk

We must finger more

I should mention the RE7 director at E3 said the Merchant was in Spain, but teased there may be other odd things in RE7 as a cryptic hint.

Exact quote:

I was so incredibly disappointed that there wasn't an African garb version of the Merchant in RE5, the idea that the guy is globetrotting and relentlessly stalking anti-bioweapon agents in order to sell them black market goods at a high price tickles me.

Gurish

What is it with the finger people keep mentioning? maybe I suffer from a black out but I played and finished RE1 (including remake)- RE5 and I don't remember any finger.

He will return.

960.jpg

1408.gif

a variation of the merchant...hmmm

DedValve

Banned
Vending machines now replace typewriters. They will also at time simply eat your coin and not save.

Truly evil.

Whompa02

The coin = zenny that you can get with real money

use zenny to spend for extra herbs and other COOL bonuses to defeat your foes!

a new era of microtransactions. Thank you Capcom /s

Kazuhira

So the herbs can be used:

-as powder
-as spray
-as pills

and now as syrup? And they just heal any wound no matter how they're applied or consumed.

Why were Umbrella even making bioweapons? They must've made billions from these herbs.

Cool observation,i hope they bring back the blue ones too(CVX was the last game with that type of herb)
Maybe a new status like bleeding,i remember that the enemies in dino crisis were able to follow your blood trail.

Damn it, I wanted finger.

Herbs look good. There is no way anyone hypes Microtransactions, the coins have to be something else.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Really hoping that if there's currency, it's used at an actual vendor. Like the Merchant's American cousin.

Lucent

I should mention the RE7 director at E3 said the Merchant was in Spain, but teased there may be other odd things in RE7 as a cryptic hint.

Exact quote:

Well at least there will be some odd things. Lol. I'm really looking forward to how this turns out. I really hope it's creepy.

saher

Banned
The game is out in 5 months.... We need to have a look at the actual game, not healing hearbs -_-

Yeah true we need to see more of the game...there were like just few seconds of stuff outisde the demo in the E3 trailer, im hoping for something new at gamescom. I wonder if they going to keep the main character hidden until we play the game

Jawmuncher

Yeah true we need to see more of the game...there were like just few seconds of stuff outisde the demo in the E3 trailer, im hoping for something new at gamescom. I wonder if they going to keep the main character hidden until we play the game

I expect them to. Since the main character is probably where the heaviest tie to the series is. He's probably someone's family or friend from the bigget cast.

I got a feeling we'll get a part 2 of the demo next month. Gameplay trailer at TGS as well.

I kind of hope they keep us in the dark about as much as possible. I'd like some resolution to the demo because they have said it separate from the main game, but I think keeping the surprise of what RE7 actually is is something Capcom should do. Show off creepy environments and enemies but not in depth gameplay.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It defeats the point of survival horror, unless used highly sporadically.
It depends, like most things, on execution. WhiteDay I consider one of the scariest horror games I've played, and in the title you collect coins to use on vending machines to get healing items.

(of course, in WhiteDay you can be attacked while using said vending machines.)

Top Bottom