• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jasper said:
Wow, Rare must be very happy that Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Conker & Grabbed by the Ghoulies all managed to sell about the same as Diddy Kong Racing DS, a quickie Nintendo DS port of decade year old game.:lol

You are an absolute moron if you think Rare are actually happy with the sales of any of their Xbox or 360 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A freaking N64 port to the DS has proven to Rare they can make more money than developing a fully-fledged 360 title...

That's just fucking sad!

It's people like you that the ignore list works best on. Zoom zoom zoooom

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
well i hate to go ON TOPIC here, but the first screen shows flowers that have springs for stems. Gruntilda's curse this time may be that everything organic in the world has been changed into mechanic stuff and that you use the bric a brac you find in the game to create your planes and other things.

We'd also immediately have enough stuff to collect

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Crushed said:
b55nc2.jpg
:lol :lol

batbeg

Jasper said:
Wow, Rare must be very happy that Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Conker & Grabbed by the Ghoulies all managed to sell about the same as Diddy Kong Racing DS, a quickie Nintendo DS port of decade year old game.:lol

You are an absolute moron if you think Rare are actually happy with the sales of any of their Xbox or 360 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A freaking N64 port to the DS has proven to Rare they can make more money than developing a fully-fledged 360 title...

That's just fucking sad!

More exclamation marks make you more intelligent, this is a fact.

I hope you both get banned just for your immature name-calling.

In fact, I hope everyone in here is banned, including Amir0x and myself, for letting this thread succumb to what it has so quickly :(

PolyGone said:
well, I'm speaking from my experiences with the past 2 Banjo games. They were good on a technical level, but they weren't good games. I don't own a 360 or a PS3 (yet -- plan on getting both eventually) so its not a system preference thing when I say I think LBP is going to be much better. I just can't get excited about a Banjo game.

What the heck. The first Banjo-Kazooie was fu*** great.

Burli

Pringo
PolyGone said:
well, I'm speaking from my experiences with the past 2 Banjo games. They were good on a technical level, but they weren't good games.

Stop shitting on my childhood!

Nolan.

PolyGone said:
well, I'm speaking from my experiences with the past 2 Banjo games. They were good on a technical level, but they weren't good games. I don't own a 360 or a PS3 (yet -- plan on getting both eventually) so its not a system preference thing when I say I think LBP is going to be much better. I just can't get excited about a Banjo game. Its sort of like... there was a time and place for Killer Instinct, yknow? But if they released a 3rd one now, I think most people would find it to be outdated and completely unplayable.

Though you haven't played Lbp, anyway i'm not going to argue I hope you enjoyed bringing that little grenade to the thread.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheOddOne said:
Wait.. did i miss something? xbox fans, those still exist @ GAF?

Come down off your cross. I'm talking about gregor, obviously. With friends like that, who needs enemies, eh?

Back on topic, I remember playing a demo of Tooie, and there was a big patchwork, inflated boss, IIRC? I was kind of reminded of that by some of the patchwork aesthetic here.

TheOddOne

Jasper said:

That's just fucking sad!

whats with the rare hate..did they do something to you?

PolyGone

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:

I think the graphics were very nice for their time, and I'm sure some people had fun with it, but I sure as hell didn't, was too busy playing Klonoa.

pswii60

PolyGone said:
well, I'm speaking from my experiences with the past 2 Banjo games. They were good on a technical level, but they weren't good games. I don't own a 360 or a PS3 (yet -- plan on getting both eventually) so its not a system preference thing when I say I think LBP is going to be much better. I just can't get excited about a Banjo game. Its sort of like... there was a time and place for Killer Instinct, yknow? But if they released a 3rd one now, I think most people would find it to be outdated and completely unplayable.
PolyGone said:
I think the graphics were very nice for their time, and I'm sure some people had fun with it, but I sure as hell didn't.
Yeah yeah we get it. You don't like Banjo and you never have. So wtf you doin in this thread then?

You don't see me posting in RTS threads going on and on about how I don't like RTS games.

Jasper said:
Wow, Rare must be very happy that Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Conker, & Grabbed by the Ghoulies all managed to sell about the same as Diddy Kong Racing DS, a quickie Nintendo DS port of a decade year old game :lol

You are an absolute moron if you think Rare are actually happy with the sales of any of their Xbox or 360 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's just fucking sad!

They were happy enough to start working on sequels to those games. And MS is happy that they are making money for thier gaming division. You see how that works? Rare makes a game to finish it and finally get it out of thier system so they can concentrate on revaming thier stance on the industry.

All those games you mentioned was derelicts of a previous generation from a previous generation. Kameo, PD0, Conker, Ghoulies they all had some form of a previous life from another generation on less hardware. Do me a favor and think about the crap you say next time. Then you won't look like a complete and total failure.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mithos Yggdrasill said:

it was... the second one not so much. I think Rare can step it up though, this has been in the works a while, the visuals are nice, and rare is working well again. Viva Pinata was great, this will be better.

Uncle

Jasper said:
You are an absolute moron if you think Rare are actually happy with the sales of any of their Xbox or 360 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You convinced me with the 7th exclamation mark.

gofreak said:
Come down off your cross. I'm talking about gregor, obviously. With friends like that, who needs enemies, eh?

Back on topic, I remember playing a demo of Tooie, and there was a big patchwork, inflated boss, IIRC? I was kind of reminded of that by some of the patchwork aesthetic here.

Wow, now that's harsh. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uncle said:
You convinced me with the 7th exclamation mark.
Milk. All over my screen.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
This is fucken ridiculous, we can't even have a discussion about the screen shots due to all the fanboi bickering

Darunia said:
well i hate to go ON TOPIC here, but the first screen shows flowers that have springs for stems. Gruntilda's curse this time may be that everything organic in the world has been changed into mechanic stuff and that you use the bric a brac you find in the game to create your planes and other things.

We'd also immediately have enough stuff to collect
There's a chance the fake everything look is just for this level and not all of them.

Crushed said:
What's funny because it's true? What's true?

I AM SO FONCUSED

It was like... a sarcastic anti-troll directed toward the people who dragged LBP into the thread, and intended to parody their Sony fanboyism. At least that's how I perceived it.

We don't know enough to judge the game. Right now, it's all about graphics. The problem is that even Starfox Adventures looked incredibly and we know then how it turned out.

I wanna hear some music tracks in a trailer.

AniHawk

No Means Nomad said:
There's a chance the fake everything look is just for this level and not all of them.

This is probably just the Storybook Planet or something. There are probably several other planets for Banjo to explore within the galaxy.

GHG

Wow, you guys are awesome. First the Gears 2 thread, now this. Whats next on your hitlist so I can skip the thread altogether.

pswii60

Agent Icebeezy said:
This is some serious image quality right here. :D
The textures are razor-sharp. I can't wait to see the water in motion in the second shot too. Looks... wavey!
Doc Evils said:
:lol :lol
The laughs of fanboy insecurity make a comeback for another thread! See them again soon at your next console-exclusive game reveal thread.

GHG said:
Wow, you guys are awesome. First the Gears 2 thread, now this. Whats next on your hitlist so I can skip the thread altogether.

Alan Wake, I can't wait to see that thread. Like half of the thread will be on ignore. lol

Jasper

TheOddOne said:
whats with the rare hate..did they do something to you?

I don't hate Rare, I just made a point that maybe, just maybe Rare wants to start making money, and have games selling in the 2,3,4 million mark like they did before, and not barely selling a million (if their lucky) like they have for one or two of all the 360 & Xbox games they have developed so far...

Sales-wise, Rare's 360 & Xbox games have performed horribly when compared to Rare's titles on the N64, GBA & DS. The difference in sales is in the MILLIONS!

All I was saying was it would make sense if Banjo-Threeie turned out NOT to be a platformer, because though that would be great, maybe Rare finally want to go back to selling 2,3,4 million copies, and are not willing to risk developing a colourful, bright platformer, fighting vegetables, especially on a system that has not been kind to platforming games.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Rez>You said:
Really should be ban-worthy in this situation.

I completely agree. Why does every fucking thread end up with some Sony Defence Fanboy moron posting a Uncharted Pic. I've sick of it. If you don't folks don't like Banjo then just fuck of to another thread.

painey

looks good, nice and bright. I just wonder if archaic platforming gaming is still relevant in 2008. Hopefully they keep the wide open element but move the genre forward, and would be nice if it was less childish.

AniHawk said:
This is probably just the Storybook Planet or something. There are probably several other planets for Banjo to explore within the galaxy.

WTF. I really hope you're wrong. Rare, don't do this, because Galaxy is unreachable in this sense.

Burli said:
Has anyone found this mysterious third image yet?

Good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom