• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review?

Bossman

Spirit3 said:
Read the fine print children. The review is based on previews. Eg, trailers and TV ads. This review is a load of crock basically.

I'm pretty sure it means early preview showings of the game. It's possible that the writer has been in the Rockstar office and has played the game there.

Ariexv

Sykra said:
Maybe they aren't allowed to say anything?
Yea sure and they gave this exclusive information to some nobody with a website that's only 1 page to report.....instead of the big name reporters they've had playing through the entire game. Hell I could go write a review on some random website that says the Ps3 version runs @ 10FPS and only has 2 pedestrians on screen at a time while the 360 version runs @ 60 FPS and has 30 pedestrians.

Sykra said:
Maybe they aren't allowed to say anything?

Andrew from 1up wanted to talk about the game yesterday, but I thought he said he was unable due to the Assassin's Creed fiasco.

So we'll have to wait and see.

Yoboman

Couldn't be more fake if they tried. The amount of "comparison" they try to position just confirms it

RBH

smells_like_bullshit.jpg

Loudninja

For the first time, Rockstar gave us hands-on access to both the PS3 and 360 versions of GTA IV. The good news is that no matter which system you prefer, you're going to have a great-looking game to play. There are only some minor visual differences noticeable between the two preview versions. The 360 build is brighter and has slightly more vibrant color while the PS3 build has less aliasing issues. Both display a solid, consistent framerate even during scenes with heavy pedestrian traffic and wild explosions. While graphics whores will find subtle differences to nitpick, the average Joe is going to be happy with either version.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/855/855615p1.html

This is from IGN preview

"CGReviews.com is developed by Hometown Internet Services, LLC. in good faith to establish a 'next level' grading system for personal art work conceived by professional and freelance artists across the globe. It is our goal to provide a firm grounding for rating artwork that has already been deemed exceptional by the computer graphics community. We include a ratings service for all types of computer generated artwork.

To submit your own work for inclusion, please click 'Sumit Work' in the menu above.

We are now accepting submissions to our gallery.

How does it work?

Submit your artwork by following the guidelines on the submission page. If accepted, you will receive a CGReviews.com Honorary Artist certificate and $10 US."

Ariexv

Btw wasn't their an announcement or something awhile back saying that cops WOULDN'T spawn in randomly like this guy is claiming? That they would come out of the police station or something?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I saw the commercial last night after coming home from the bar. The framerate looked really smooth, but graphically... Pretty underwhelming. Nothing like the screens I've seen suggested.

nib95

Banned
Interesting. probably fake, but if true....interesting. *rubs chin*

I'm trying to find out if reviewers have their copies already right now. Will report back soon.

FFChris

First paragraph of the 'review',

There are two questions I know everyone wants answered right off the bat. So, to please my fans, I'm happy to oblige.

• Does GTA4 live up to the hype? Yes.
• Are the PS3 and 360 really the same? No.

Need more? Read on…

It all seems like system wars baiting to me. Also,

This review is based on early previews of the game. It may or may not reflect the final retail version, available 4/29/08.

Huh?

f@luS

More than a member.
Felix Lighter said:
Well I hope you are just hoping that the PS3 version is great and not hoping that the 360 version is crippled.
you know , i would be happy if both version were at least as good as this fake make the 360 version sounds.

95% smooth , hdd install , would already be incredible.
I expect, 360 or ps3, the game to have massive slowdowns from times to times.

bigmakstudios said:
wtf
sony fanboy confirmed

Deep inside we are all fanboys biatch! ;)

hell I am a fanboy of PS3, nintendo and everything thats good looking, what are you a fan of... burgers" took a look at your nick and figured you like burgers........."

Peace Bitches

Xrenity

Probably fake?

Come the fuck on. Just look at that website. It has only one page, the GTA review one.

And the pics are all hosted @ gtanet.com

Aalyx

Sounds like rubbish to me. Anyway, hope the PS3 version is identical to the 360 version (Excluding DLC of course)

Littleberu said:
And the color palette man, the color palette!

It changes everything!
Funny how everyone has been saying the color palates are always better on the 360, "PS3 is all too white/washed out" but now that this comes along it's just something to make fun of :lol

Anyway, I will choose not to believe this until, and if, it turns out to be true.

McLovin

Felix Lighter said:
Well I hope you are just hoping that the PS3 version is great and not hoping that the 360 version is crippled.
Honestly I'm hoping the ps3 version isn't a gimped version like multi-platform games usually are. I want to believe the ps3 version is good.. that is all. Doesn't matter anyway we all know this is bull.

IzumiK

Banned
Well, only thing that are important is the optional install on the 360 hdd which reduces framerate (which will vindicate installations) and the splitscreen issue.

Let's see if he's correct in time.

McLovin

I hope the review isn't true though. I don't want the cops to spawn. I was hoping they would come in real time in gta4.

ntb825

Does MS even allow for installs? I though all they would let slide is caching as long as the game worked pretty much the same on core/arcade units...

besada

Banned
antiloop said:
Didn't you know everything has to be a competition nowadays.

He should have added MS point tolls at all the bridges. Cross a bridge, pay 120 points.

Shit, I hope EA isn't reading this.

Top Bottom