• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Project Cars screenshots from PS4

DieH@rd

Banned
pCARS devs have released new batch of PS4 screenshots:

Due to popular demand we've added some more screenshots from the PlayStation 4 version of the game to peruse over below!

We've also had a number of questions on how we take our screenshots too - do we use some special photo mode or trick that only the development team have access to? Or were they taken on PC really or captured at a huge resolution and scaled down?

The answer is no to all the above - all screenshots are taken just like you'll be able to in the final game... by simply pausing and snapping away.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/1/post/2014/05/more-playstation-4-screenshots.html

6681802_orig.png

9676735_orig.png

7949210_orig.png

3388695_orig.png

8892494_orig.png

4751472_orig.png

3499769_orig.png

5348670_orig.png

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
When did you get a chance to play this? I didn't think you'd know anyone other than I who has it. And hopefully you haven't been breaking into my place to play it!

its been on PC as a Beta for 2yrs or so I have it on PC but tbh it wasn't a real good simulator more arcade/deadwood last time I drove it... ill see how it turns out on PS4

edit think I read ya post wrong lol apologies

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
This one isn't as much of a simulator as Assetto Corsa, right? That might actually be a good thing for me, since I don't own a wheel... I want a fairly realistic car sim that is at least playable on a PS4 controller.

nah from what ive played noooo it isn't really a 'simulator' like say rF1/rF2/iRacing etc

Ishida

Banned
How could I miss this thread. I'm on GAF like everyday..

anyway
RIP GRAN TURISMO
:( .

vagNBPB.png

I've seen some posts like this and I don't get it. Can someone please explain why Polyphony Digital must worry? Is Project Cars going to "kill" Gran Turismo somehow?

stryke

The cars and especially the environments in DC still look better to me but this game presents a good case of diminishing returns going from 60 to 30 fps for a car racing game.

I'm more interested to see how their lighting systems stack against each other.

DieH@rd

Banned
Don't forget people, this is a crossgen game that was in production since 2011. Not everything will be able to match DC, especially environment detail [which is still great].

As for simulation vs arcade, this is very much in the simulation camp, with driving assists for drivers who want easier time on track. Few cars that have nearly complete physics model are really awesome.

RalchAC

Since I got my car driving license I'm wondering how awesome it'd be to have a good wheel + project morpheus (or OR) + a good racing simulator.

shandy706

They look photorealistic to me. What the heck are you talking about?

Looks good for not being T10/PD. That's for sure.

I'm sure he means it's not on par with what a studio with Microsoft's money has delivered or what we expect from Sony's eventual big dog.

I'm more than happy to welcome it to the family though. Look forward to some gameplay from the final build. Weather helps set it apart for now too.

lefantome

not impressed at all, it looks cross gen, wait it is cross gen and it runs at 1080p60fps

I guess we can stand it, the game seems interesting and they will improve a lot with the second entry and after dropping the wii u support.

amar212

3388695_orig.png

Love to see megatextures making their way to PS4.

This IQ in 1080@60 and with changeable TOD and weather with reflections, particles and surface properties will be more than satisfying for their first next-gen effort.

As an investor :) I am extremely happy with the development.

Two things are my point of interest ATM:

1. what will be the maximum numbers of cars in race on the PS4, and
2. wheel support, of course

Everything else is shaping up very nicely for the game based on 2012 engine.

Great work SMS and special congrats for the vehicle modeling crew ;)

Phil4000

3388695_orig.png

Love to see megatextures making their way to PS4.

This IQ in 1080@60 and with changeable TOD and weather with reflections, particles and surface properties will be more than satisfying for their first next-gen effort.

As an investor :) I am extremely happy with the development.

Two things are my point of interest ATM:

1. what will be the maximum numbers of cars in race on the PS4, and
2. wheel support, of course

Everything else is shaping up very nicely for the game based on 2012 engine.

Great work SMS and special congrats for the vehicle modeling crew ;)

Their is nothing mega about those textures haha look at the decals on the car...
and have they specifically stated that it will run in 1080p on the PS4? Compromises need to be made somewhere...

theWB27

I can't agree with you on that but that's not the point. How anyone can say something like what R dott B said is beyond me. It looks frigin' amazing.

I'm not getting how they're coming to that conclusion either. For a console game....I haven't seen but one other game that looks on par. Pointing out textures and AA baffle when we, as gamers, know there are going to be some type of sacrifice for console games. To know they're trying to maintain 60fps with weather and the like with visuals like this...damn.

Gestault

If you showed this to anyone outside of a gaming forum, they'd think it was real:

That's not uncommon for modern racing titles. It's not to say these look bad, but (for example) the image you're using as reference isn't outstanding compared to a lot of games already on the market. That's even without what is easily done in photo modes with supersampling

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That's not uncommon for modern racing titles. It's not to say these look bad, but (for example) the image you're using as reference isn't outstanding compared to a lot of games already on the market. That's even without what is easily done in photo modes with supersampling

What? That's photo mode with supersampling. What on earth is your point? These are in game shots.

viveks86

It looks good to me. But I need to see the console version in motion. And 1080p shots would help. Releasing official "PS4 screenshots" that are 1100x618 seems pretty odd.

Gestault

What? That's photo mode with supersampling. What on earth is your point? These are in game shots.

Sorry I wasn't clearer for you. What I mean is that you're describing these shots as photorealistic, and saying that to the layman they'd be indistinguishable from the real thing. Games I've personally played that have been around for some time give that same impression. I understand that this looks quite good for 60 fps on a value-priced console, but as someone who plays racing titles on basically every system that hosts them, these won't stand out to others in the way you're giving the impression they do for you.

To be clear, these look very good, all things considered. Calling these in-game though, with the camera angles we're seeing and the strange resolutions involved may not be the complete picture (even to the game's advantage).

Top Bottom