• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Saints Row: The Third Review

Ploid 3.0 said:
PC so I have to wait until 15 :(

A new PC disadvantage. Do GFWL let you play urley? Is it just steam and other dd stores that will now let you download until release date? I'd buy at the store if I could play early. Darn you steamworks disk games.
Well I did get the PC version so I could be hosed even if it arrives early :(

UrbanRats

Ploid 3.0 said:
PC so I have to wait until 15 :(
iuRFQwXODHwp8.gif

We're in this together.

Ploid 3.0

I do get to download it on Friday so at least I'll be able to be comforted knowing it's on my PC but what if steam go down and never go back up? Or what if my city lose internet? What if my PC blow up?

Linkhero1

Ploid 3.0 said:
I do get to download it on Friday so at least I'll be able to be comforted knowing it's on my PC but what if steam go down and never go back up? Or what if my city lose internet? What if my PC blow up?
You can come over and watch me play it on my Xbox.

jns

Anyone know when Greenmangaming send out their keys? I bought through them because they said the key would be steamworks but its my first purchase so I dont know if they send keys out early or not ..

Messi

I can't be the only one who does not find the dildo stuff funny. most of the other stuff in the game made me laugh..but the dildo joke does nothing for me. big deal its a big dildo...eh :/

Grisby

Went back and watched the the first mission from Saints Row 1 and some early, early CG footage.

Crazy how far they've come on this stuff.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SnowHawk said:
Damn it, it doesn't come out till the 18th for us in the uk. :(

It's just 3 days between you guys and the yanks..and poor Americans will never ever get London Racer Police Madness so it's fair and square.

Grisby said:
Went back and watched the the first mission from Saints Row 1 and some early, early CG footage.

Crazy how far they've come on this stuff.

I played SR1 again ( few hours) just some days ago, it's ugly as shit now but stuff very good,I remember getting it back in the days,it was what I wanted, a next gen SA clone with better control, but I am really glad that Volition actually find its own way, identity and style with SR2.

Ploid 3.0

A few years ago you couldn't have told me that I'd be waiting on Saints Row to launch so bad. seems like this franchise is in it's strut right now. They found the sweet sugary spot, and it can only get better with more sugar.

There has to be a everyone zombies mode. That would be so amazing.

graywolf323

so I went with the 360 version in the end since that's where I have the first two games (and don't have a lot of faith in the PC version after the mess that was Saint's Row 2 PC)

curious what platform other people chose assuming you have multiple systems (or a pc powerful enough)

Erudite

graywolf323 said:
so I went with the 360 version in the end since that's where I have the first two games (and don't have a lot of faith in the PC version after the mess that was Saint's Row 2 PC)

curious what platform other people chose assuming you have multiple systems (or a pc powerful enough)
Since Red Faction Guerilla was fine for me (grabbed it during a Steam sale, months after release + subsequent patches), I decided to give Volition the benefit of the doubt and went PC.

They're doing it in-house this time around, whereas Saints Row 2 was outsourced.

kokujin

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
A few years ago you couldn't have told me that I'd be waiting on Saints Row to launch so bad. seems like this franchise is in it's strut right now. They found the sweet sugary spot, and it can only get better with more sugar.

There has to be a everyone zombies mode. That would be so amazing.
Same here,I always ,liked the series, but I haven't been this excited for a sandbox game since SA.

Dead Man

Gone with the PS3 version for MP with the only couple of guys I do online with. If there are good mods in few months I'll double dip on PC.

Cday

Banned
Not often that you see a video game taking full advantage of being a video in the way this game does. Grabbed that $40 Amazon preorder.

Ploid 3.0

I'm still looking at some of his stuff. I skip mission stuff when it looks like it's getting too much into the story but there's so much footage here. Hes uploading like there's no tomorrow. Martyr, he shall be honored when he goes out in flames. Well if.

(Taps veins)

Edit: Be very very careful with this guy's videos. It's a minefield. I just stepped on one, but I'm ok.

graywolf323

Top Bottom