• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First wrestling company partnered with twitch is

ElRenoRaven

It is offical. Twitch is breaking new ground.
This has been in the works for a bit and here it is. Twitch is coming after youtube with this. Youtube may be shunning wrestling but Twitch isn't.

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/877646547852439553

WrestleCircus

Their first live show on twitch is this this Saturday the 24th 6pm CST.

Here is the card for those interested.

Also surprise match up of Matt Sydal vs. Zachary Wentz
Matt Sydal vs. Zachary Wentz
nCBvkkw.jpg

And now the news is offical and on the newswires Here is the press release.

Wrestle Circus Brings Livestreamed Wrestling to Twitch with Launch of Official Channel

AUSTIN, Texas - June 22, 2017 - A local family-owned promotion company and home of the biggest and best collection of independent wrestling stars from around the world, today announced the launch of a new channel (twitch.tv/wrestlecircus) on social video platform Twitch in order to livestream their events. As Twitch continues to expand into new areas of emerging content, Wrestle Circus represents the platform's first foray into wrestling.

The first Wrestle Circus event being streamed on Twitch will be Dive Hard With A Vengeance on Saturday, June 24th at 800 Congress Avenue in Austin Texas. This is one of the largest cards to date with fans of both the promotion and wrestling in general salivating over the stacked card of international talent.

Due to word of mouth and social media buzz, interest in Wrestle Circus has gone beyond local and visiting attendees. To meet the viewing demands of the widespread wrestling fanbase, Wrestle Circus are looking to Twitch's platform for livestreaming upcoming events. Twitch also offers a number of exciting monetization options which will enable Wrestle Circus to not only grow, but help the scene and the talent as a whole. This includes leveraging Twitch's Cheering feature.

Cheering is a way for viewers to support broadcasters while celebrating moments they love with other community members directly in chat. Viewers Cheer by using Bits, virtual goods that come in the form of animated emotes when a viewer types cheer; followed by a number. Bits can be purchased directly from the chat window and come in different colors and sizes based on their monetary worth. By leveraging Twitch's Cheering feature it will give remote viewers a chance to interact with and support the talent, with 100% of the Bits used in chat going to the wrestlers and talent performing during the time of the cheer.

"It's no secret that recent changes at one of the other major platforms have made it difficult for independent wrestling promotions to monetize their content," said Al Lenhart, Owner, Wrestle Circus. "By moving over to Twitch, it is a major step into uncharted and exciting territory that allows us to reach a global audience and monetize in both traditional and creative ways, without the hurdles we've experienced in the past."

"We frequently look to our community to guide us toward the content they want to see on our platform," said Eric Brunner, Sports Partnerships Lead, Twitch. "In the case of Wrestle Circus, they had been looking for a livestreaming platform where they could effectively monetize their content and help the broader wrestling scene, and it was members of our community who rallied them on social media to consider using Twitch. Since Wrestle Circus has the same passion for their fans and talent that we do for ours, it's really cool seeing them lead the charge with this new vertical."

— Tickets for the event are sold out, however the stream will be available to anyone absolutely free of charge at https://twitch.tv/WrestleCircus

— For more information on the event or in general please visit WrestleCircus' Official Twitter https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus

Media Contact
Al Lenhart
contact@wrestlecircus.com

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
damn, its like a pcw show that i cant see live. im glad brody king is really making a name for himself out there

I've wanted to catch one of their shows for a while. At the last one two different friends of mine met because they were both wearing my luchador shirt.
I'll throw my Amazon support behind this.

Used to be a big fan of Johnny Nitro / John Morrison me. Why didn't he make it in the WWE? I never saw any of his Lucha stuff. The guy seemed to have it all.

Bakercat

I've wrestled Myron Reed a few times in Kentucky while wrestling for a company that was part of the NWA. I actually won the NWA southern tag team championship with Steven King from him and Mickey Muscles. Pretty good guy and worker from what I remember. Glad to see him doing so well for himself.

Ultratech

Looks good.

The last WrestleCircus show I watched was really fun although the camerawork needed some work (weird angles, shaking, missing stuff, etc.).

ElRenoRaven

Looks good.

The last WrestleCircus show I watched was really fun although the camerawork needed some work (weird angles, shaking, missing stuff, etc.).

Yup. They're always improving and trying new things. It's a work in progress and they very much are working on improving things. Think you'll see some steps taken with this show.

I've wrestled Myron Reed a few times in Kentucky while wrestling for a company that was part of the NWA. I actually won the NWA southern tag team championship with Steven King from him and Mickey Muscles. Pretty good guy and worker from what I remember. Glad to see him doing so well for himself.

Are you out of the game?

I'll check it out. Dislike the smarky stuff. Tuned on Twitch to see a Luchador trying to lift the hammer of thor while people cheered him on.

Beyond Wrestling is currently my favorite independent promotion... They have some crossover with Wrestle Circus it looks like, like Ellering.

ElRenoRaven

I'll check it out. Dislike the smarky stuff. Tuned on Twitch to see a Luchador trying to lift the hammer of thor while people cheered him on.

Beyond Wrestling is currently my favorite independent promotion... They have some crossover with Wrestle Circus it looks like, like Ellering.

You'll find they have something for everyone. You have comedic acts, you have lucha stuff, You have big hoss fights, etc. They give you a dash of everything. It's why their shows are so fun. There is something for everyone.

Bakercat

Are you out of the game?

At the moment yes, I started having trouble in my hip last November and didn't have it looked at until January where I found out I have a herniated disk and bulging disk on top of it. It's gotten progressively worse over this year to the point now that I can't walk without a cane. Some days I'm in so much pain that I can't walk. I went to a surgeon back in march but he said I was fine and that I needed to lose weight (I gained a lot of weight after November from the injury). I went back to working a few shows in April, but I was so out of shape and in pain by then that I've decided that I'm not taking any bookings for the rest of the year. Sucks because I really enjoy doing professional wrestling and met a lot of great people. I just been doing it to hard and long enough that it's caught up to me.

ElRenoRaven

At the moment yes, I started having trouble in my hip last November and didn't have it looked at until January where I found out I have a herniated disk and bulging disk on top of it. It's gotten progressively worse over this year to the point now that I can't walk without a cane. Some days I'm in so much pain that I can't walk. I went to a surgeon back in march but he said I was fine and that I needed to lose weight (I gained a lot of weight after November from the injury). I went back to working a few shows in April, but I was so out of shape and in pain by then that I've decided that I'm not taking any bookings for the rest of the year. Sucks because I really enjoy doing professional wrestling and met a lot of great people. I just been doing it to hard and long enough that it's caught up to me.

Oh that sucks. I have a bad back too. It's not fun one bit. It's one reason I usually keep a cane near. Never know when you're gonna need it.

ElRenoRaven

Is Rachael Ellering any good, or is she just promoted because of her father?

Dude she's awesome. Her dad actually didn't want her to be a wrestler. She was trained by Lance Storm. Her and Tessa Blanchard had match of the night at the SXSW show. That girl can wrestle. She's only been doing it a couple of years too. She's going to go far. She's the WrestleCircus Lady of the Ring champion for a reason.

Top Bottom