• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First wrestling company partnered with twitch is

Bakercat

Oh that sucks. I have a bad back too. It's not fun one bit. It's one reason I usually keep a cane near. Never know when you're gonna need it.

Yeah, what's worse is that I'm pretty young, (25 years) so the doctors are always perplexed at my situation and how I shouldn't be in so much pain. Then they tell me they can't do any surgery or anything because I am to young for it. I've been sent to pain management where I've been getting steroid shots in my spine, but they only last for a few weeks then The pain comes back even worse. I'm pretty much bed ridden everyday. It's put a lot of depression on me, (I suffer from severe depression as it is) so that's fun. I go back to college in the fall and I have no idea if I can be able to walk across campus each day.

ElRenoRaven

Yeah, what's worse is that I'm pretty young, (25 years) so the doctors are always perplexed at my situation and how I shouldn't be in so much pain. Then they tell me they can't do any surgery or anything because I am to young for it. I've been sent to pain management where I've been getting steroid shots in my spine, but they only last for a few weeks then The pain comes back even worse. I'm pretty much bed ridden everyday. It's put a lot of depression on me, (I suffer from severe depression as it is) so that's fun. I go back to college in the fall and I have no idea if I can be able to walk across campus each day.

Yup. For me I have over the years adapted to the pain. You still feel it but you function. Some days are harder then others obviously. Those days you drag yourself up out of bed with the cane and hobble to the office chair for a bit. My issues developed in my 20's as a result of a fall I had working fast food in my teens. So yea I know the feeling.

Bakercat

Yup. For me I have over the years adapted to the pain. You still feel it but you function. Some days are harder then others obviously. Those days you drag yourself up out of bed with the cane and hobble to the office chair for a bit. My issues developed in my 20's as a result of a fall I had working fast food in my teens. So yea I know the feeling.

I see, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, especially since I'm dealing with it aswell. It really worries me that I'll never be able to wrestle again, but I've had a long time to think about it and I think it's sort of a sign that it's time to hang up my boots. I've really enjoyed doing professional wrestling, there's really nothing like it in the world. I always love making people happy and laugh and this always does that. Nothing beats going out there and seeing a little girl or boy jumping up and down and smiling to see you either get beat up or to see you beat up another guy. Sounds crazy when said, but I'm a little crazy anyways lol.

ElRenoRaven

I see, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, especially since I'm dealing with it aswell. It really worries me that I'll never be able to wrestle again, but I've had a long time to think about it and I think it's sort of a sign that it's time to hang up my boots. I've really enjoyed doing professional wrestling, there's really nothing like it in the world. I always love making people happy and laugh and this always does that. Nothing beats going out there and seeing a little girl or boy jumping up and down and smiling to see you either get beat up or to see you beat up another guy. Sounds crazy when said, but I'm a little crazy anyways lol.

Hey at least you got to live your dream. I never shall sadly cause I had the same dream. So I understand how you feel. It's true what they say. It's in your blood.

I don't think twitch does any geo blocking.

Yup. Twitch doesn't geoblock that I know of. Now if a country blocks it all together then they can't help that.

Buckle

I remember being that age and feeling the same way.

Never had the pleasure of seeing you in action but thanks for everything you've put into the business. You guys bust your ass for us and thats not something I've ever taken for granted when I watch wrestling.

ElRenoRaven

great looking card tbh

No doubt. I'm beyond excited for it. That's the one thing I like. I know some fans don't but man you usually get 4 hours of wrestling. It's always damn fun wrestling too. The beauty is now everyone can watch it free and donate, cheer, or subscribe if they want. It's win win for everyone.

hpkomic

Neo Member
Shit, I'm down. I really only watch Lucha Underground, but seeing a lot of the talent here is pretty awesome.

I wonder why Twitch reformed from Justin.tv if they are just not so slowly going back to what that was lol. Seriously just announce yourself as a general streaming platform. I guess they want to get on as many streaming fads as possible.

I'll check it out. Dislike the smarky stuff. Tuned on Twitch to see a Luchador trying to lift the hammer of thor while people cheered him on.

Beyond Wrestling is currently my favorite independent promotion... They have some crossover with Wrestle Circus it looks like, like Ellering.

Someone had to try and pick that hammer up, I'm as worthy as anyone else.

I wonder why Twitch reformed from Justin.tv if they are just not so slowly going back to what that was lol. Seriously just announce yourself as a general streaming platform. I guess they want to get on as many streaming fads as possible.

I think Justin.tv had a bad rep for hosting a ton of illegal streams. At least that's what I remember Justin.tv being all about, you know from what I had heard other people tell me.

Xater

That does look like a good card. I wonder if there will be an archive. I doubt I will be able to watch this live due to the time difference.

Permanently A

Genius idea, I think this will eventually get to the point of watching TV and movies with a live chatroom, which can be very entertaining. Will definitely tune in for the novelty at least.

ElRenoRaven

Oh btw folks. The surprise match has been announced. In addition to all that other stuff you get this badboy on the card also.

Matt Sydal vs. Zachary Wentz

Top Bottom