• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flashpoint Officially Comes to CW's DC-Verse (Spoilers for Flash S2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

FLASHPOINT Officially Comes to CW's DC-Verse

Flashpoint_Vol_2_1.jpg

At the end of Flash season 2, Barry Allen traveled back in time to save his mother's life, and returned home to a very different world than the one he left, echoing the comic book story Flashpoint, in which the same thing occurred.

Now, star Grant Gustin has tweeted that the premiere of Flash season 3 will indeed be titled Flashpoint.

9jDpVwj.png

Flash season 3 premieres October 4.

MKWuunD.png

BFIB

Makes sense. Bringing Supergirl into the fold, this is a great chance to hit the rest button, mainly for Arrow, which at this points needs a major overhaul.

Volimar

Makes sense. Bringing Supergirl into the fold, this is a great chance to hit the rest button, mainly for Arrow, which at this points needs a major overhaul.

I don't expect Flashpoint to have anything to do with Supergirl and I doubt it will affect Arrow at all. It will likely be contained to the first few episodes of Flash.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

That isn't going to happen. They're not going to reset a show because of an episode arc on another show.

Sephzilla

I'm guessing one of the developments in the CW version will be that
Reverse Flash somehow becomes a threat again.
Also I totally think this is setting up for a Crisis on Infinite Arrowverses

Dalek

I'm guessing one of the developments in the CW version will be that
Reverse Flash somehow becomes a threat again.
Also I totally think this is setting up for a Crisis on Infinite Arrowverses

I thought the episode last year where Barry *stupidly* went back in time to get Reverse Flash's help was the setup for that. RF learns that he will fail, so he sets up some backup plan to return.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Right, so...

Thomas Queen as Arrow.
Moira Queen as Dark Archer.
Supergirl taking Superman's place.
Thangarians taking Atlanteans place vs LOA as Amazons.
Diggle taking Cyborg's place as everyone's favourite hero.

And fuck it, Felicity as Tracy Thirteen.

Kyoufu

I hope season 3 isn't filled with as much plot holes and utter nonsensical schemes as season 2.

Also, I still need to watch Flashpoint Paradox.

NastyBook

I didn't finish Season 2 of Flash, but motherfucker I thought he got over it at the end of S1

Barry you a biiiiiiiitch
Nah, the writers fucked him up. I legit felt sorry for him the last couple of episodes. Would do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

Volimar

Right, so...

Thomas Queen as Arrow.

I'm with you on the first, and maybe second. The rest....eh I think it will deviate more than that.

Sephzilla

Right, so...

Thomas Queen as Arrow.

I hope one of the end results is
Laurel Lance is alive again

Joni

Should have done Crisis instead of Flashpoint, as that one didn't include reversing character development.

They're not going to retcon Supergirl and Legends after a season, not least because they ended on cliffhangers with LoT in particular having a real cool new set up that shouldn't be squandered.

Arrow is in a less interesting place and premieres the same week as Flash (the other two are a couple of weeks later I believe), so I can see it affecting that show, albeit briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom