• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flashpoint Officially Comes to CW's DC-Verse (Spoilers for Flash S2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

If Flashpoint in any way affects the other shows in a positive way, I will applaud Berlanti and Kreisberg and their crew.

Slayven

Flashpoint the comic was shit with occasional industrial grade diamonds in it. They can only improve on it.

That said I hate they went that route, Barry getting over his mother and dad was what season 1 was about

Sober

I imagine it will mostly reset to the status quo at the end of it, whether it be 1 or 2 or 5 episodes. At the very least I imagine they can rope in actors who played characters in Arrow to play alternate versions of themselves for the fun of it, but it probably also won't affect Arrow/Legends/Supergirl.

BHK3

Banned
Hold on, I have questions.
I watched episode 1 of season 2 and dropped the show there. I couldn't stand the show anymore, but...wasn't literally all of season 1 about him and his mom? Why would he go back AGAIN and make the opposite decision? That's what season 2 was about?

Flashpoint the comic was shit with occasional industrial grade diamonds in it. They can only improve on it.

That said I hate they went that route, Barry getting over his mother and dad was what season 1 was about
Thank you. Only thing decent were some of the tie-ins.

GeeTeeCee

Without the interesting aspects of Flashpoint to call on (Batman, the Atlantean/Amazonian war, Pirate Captain Deathstroke etc) and the worry that the Flash might continue its slow slide down to the Arrow-tier level of writing, I'm not too hopeful.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I watched episode 1 of season 2 and dropped the show there. I couldn't stand the show anymore, but...wasn't literally all of season 1 about him and his mom? Why would he go back AGAIN and make the opposite decision? That's what season 2 was about?

They went back to it again in Season 2 and closed it off even more conclusively. Some people will say it fit with the finale. I thought it was just bad writing and they wanted to end on Flashpoint despite the character arcs they had created that season. But that's just my opinion.

Sephzilla

Because [S2 spoilers]
the bad guy in season 2 takes his dad and murders him right in front of Barry, in the same spot where his mother died. They had an episode where Barry truly got over his mothers death and then an episode later his dad is murdered. Lets just say Barry isn't in the best place mentally

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Because gotta Flashpoint for no good reason.

Yeah another Batman plot Green Arrow can rip off!

Gotham wouldn't work. No way in hell is Flash and Supergirl older than Batman.
Do the future of Gotham, basically get Gordon and anyone else you can and have them appear as their older selves.
Gordon, Bullock, Alfred, Harvey, Nygma, Penguin, Jerome, Freeze and maybe Clayface all work.
someone new for Bruce, Selina, Ivy, Hush or Scarecrow.

You all should be expecting 1 or 2 episodes of alternate universe stuff and then back to status quo. Thinking it'll go longer or affect another show is setting yourself up for disappointment.

S1 into S2 was already Flashpoint-lite. Now they're going full Flashpoint? Jesus. Arrowverse Barry is worse than comics Barry. SOMEHOW.
I like how he points out that the animated show is amazing and simply states he read the book. LOL
He's already exhausted from pushing the movie. Let him have one.
With how Barry just fucks everything up whenever he time travels, I'm surprised Crisis didn't already happen.
YET HE KEEPS TIME TRAVELING AND GOING BETWEEN DIMENSIONS JUST WHEN THE FUCK EVER.

At least these shows/movies are following the comics pretty faithfully.
By being overly complicated and messing with character motivations to get to bad stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom