• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Food combos that just work.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hi Gaf today at brunch I was eating some cantaloupe and Ham and (Jim Ross voice) “Baw God”

wolf of wall street omg GIF

I would never have thought to combine these two things. One is a fruit the other a meat but together. Hnng.

I’ve also had figs, honey and cheese and it’s just flipping amazing.

Combos like chilli and mango
Fries and ice cream shake.

Coke/root beer floats.
Milk coke. (It’s like a float minus the ice cream)

Banana and bacon, had it at a bbq the salty and the sweet taste it’s just works . Hmm, shout out the mad Ozzies who invented.

Can you think of any combos that just work? Let us know. The simpler the better. As I (maybe some of you)would like to try some of these.

I think a lot will be a combo of sweet and salty.

Also. Shout out to the Genius/maniac who invented salted caramel

Last edited:

E-Cat

Chocolate and vanilla

Cookies and milk

Ham and mustard

Ice cream and strawberries

Tomato soup and croutons

Spinach soup and boiled eggs

Oatmeal and blueberries

Last edited:

JBat

Fried egg, pimento cheese, honey, and bacon. Lately been making breakfast sandwiches with all of that on a toasted everything bagel. Everything just works so well together.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Bacon and tomatoes.

For some people, fish and ketchup, more fish and lemon for me

Apple and cheese

Oreo cookies or choc chip cookies and milk.

Pie or brownies with vanilla ice cream.

Pepsi /coke with pizza

Turkey and cranberry sauce.

Lamb and mint sauce. Transformed.

Last edited:

twinspectre

Hi Gaf today at brunch I was eating some cantaloupe and Ham and (Jim Ross voice) “Baw God”

wolf of wall street omg GIF

I would never have thought to combine these two things. One is a fruit the other a meat but together. Hnng.

I’ve also had figs, honey and cheese and it’s just flipping amazing.

Combos like chilli and mango
Fries and ice cream shake.

Coke/root beer floats.
Milk coke. (It’s like a float minus the ice cream)

Banana and bacon, had it at a bbq the salty and the sweet taste it’s just works . Hmm, shout out the mad Ozzies who invented.

Can you think of any combos that just work? Let us know. The simpler the better. As I (maybe some of you)would like to try some of these.

I think a lot will be a combo of sweet and salty.

Also. Shout out to the Genius/maniac who invented salted caramel
Ham and cantaloupe isn't new in Italy. We use it as an antipasti (appetizer).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Breaded chicken strips dipped in BBQ with chocolate milk/milkshake on the side. Something about the savory & sweet hits just right and the temperature difference helps too.

Speaking of savory & sweet, maple syrup on breakfast saugage mmmmmmmmmmm.

One time I went to a bruschetta place and they had some with salmon and pesto. It was incredible.

My weird one is peanut butter on a hot dog (bun required), which I got from my dad. You can't put as much as you would other condiments, just a modest amount, but I got half a dozen people to try it and they all liked it.

Artoris

Gold Member
ham and vinegar.
This

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
My weird one is peanut butter on a hot dog (bun required), which I got from my dad. You can't put as much as you would other condiments, just a modest amount, but I got half a dozen people to try it and they all liked it.
I'm 100% trying this. The idea never occurred to me. I'm a big fan of peanut butter on hamburgers, so I'm thinking it might be a winner.

Last edited:

phant0m

Ice-cold Coke and regular Lay's potato chips

Of course you can pick the chip brand/"flavor" of your preference but that cold coke + Lay's plain chip is just.... utter pefection. Flawless fucking victory.

Also, there are 2 types of people in this world:
those that know about having milk with pasta & red sauce, and those that don't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom