• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

So, I upgraded that Robben emoticon:
iZ9bFnQVgjKH3.png

And made another one:

iTgJCLz80alPr.png

Love this guy.
(while I had his face open on photoshop, my sister couldn't believe he was only 28. lol)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck the Heat.

Or fuck Lebron. I'm okay with Wade.

How come?

Chiello is out -> Italy are fucked. It's as simple as that.

TurkeyGAF, what can you tell me about this James Troisi from Kayserispor? We bought him for 1,5M€.

He's going to meet his hero Stevie G
WmXek.gif

Yeah, I don't see any formation working without Chiellini. Even when he played in LB his contributions were felt defensively.

Messi

Fuck the Heat.

WmXek.gif

Yeah, I don't see any formation working without Chiellini. Even when he played in LB his contributions were felt defensively.

Why ŷou gotta hate? Lebron is the shit, wade is a punk most of the time.

Zabojnik

WmXek.gif

Oh, right, right. Didn't make the connection. Must be amazing for him. I'm sure it'll motivate him even further, which is something all our guys need, to be honest. They're running out of gas fast, Pirlo especially. Three matches in a week ... yeah, he must be running on fumes. :)

No worries though, Italy's athletic trainer is ... Prandelli's son. He'll be an easy target for the press, I'm sure.

Wilbur

Banned
I am tired and still a bit drunk and I have been entrusted with opening the shop by myself for two hours. Great.

Also Phil Jones cock head made me laugh on the bus and an old man asked me if the delightful weather had made me laugh and I really wanted to say no it's because a bunch of strangers on the Internet are talking about my penis. But I didn't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger on RVP "He will stay at Arsenal. There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A in terms of the prestige of the League, the level of play or financial considerations.

“If he moves there I will buy you a caramello.” (La Repubblica).

PrSSH.gif

Oh, right, right. Didn't make the connection. Must be amazing for him. I'm sure it'll motivate him even further, which is something all our guys need, to be honest. They're running out of gas fast, Pirlo especially. Three matches in a week ... yeah, he must be running on fumes. :)

No worries though, Italy's athletic trainer is ... Prandelli's son. He'll be an easy target for the press, I'm sure.

Oh wow..

Barzagli was injured, Chiellini got injured, and Balotelli was *almost* injured. Way to go there Prandelli.

If the Heat win the next game, I'll go streaking around Croydon centre. At least one of the teams I support will win a major trophy this season.

Fuck the Heat.

Why the hate? I thought you were a cool reasonable guy, I'm disappointed.

dc89

Wenger on RVP "He will stay at Arsenal. There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A in terms of the prestige of the League, the level of play or financial considerations.

“If he moves there I will buy you a caramello.” (La Repubblica).

PrSSH.gif

I'd ask Mr Wenger what exactly RVP is a champion of.

GorillaJu

According to someone on RAWK, Italian media is saying we've put in a €15m bid for
Fabio Borini. Any of our esteemed Italian studs want to check that out for me?

Would be a great signing if true.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why the hate? I thought you were a cool reasonable guy, I'm disappointed.

Haha I don't hate the Heat to be honest, I like Wade too much to hate them. It's just Lebron.

dc89 said:
I'd ask Mr Wenger what exactly RVP is a champion of.

He's right about Serie A, but I doubt RVP cares about the league itself as much as the team he's joining. If the team offers him a chance to win a major title and European football, why not?

I'm not saying Arsenal can't offer him that, it's just less likely with the likes of United, New-Chelsea and reigning champion's City. They're in the process of rebuilding their team and RVP is 29.

He was never going to join us anyway.

dc89

And it doesn't look like City are that bothered anymore so he's leaving Arsenal on a free next season unless he signs.

Lightning

Banned
Did anyone actually think RVP would go to Juventus? There is no chance in hell....

RVP is staying at Arsenal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Translation: He's going to City.

Gerrard was amazing yesterday, Modric-esque with some of his dribbling and passing.

bjaelke

Got my master diploma today. Apparently I now hold the title Candidatus Negotiandi - a title made up by the university...
This is our third kit on the left, apparently:

ix3FlQ4GBfgOk.jpg

That's actually... not half as bad as I was expecting.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time that it's been posted now. Still can't tell if there's tribal on the sleeves.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not for 15mil he wont.... lol

This whole thing is like the Fabregas and Nasri sagas fused into one. Wenger is lying to himself that the board are happy for the player to stay a year then leave on a free, and City are trying the Barca 'we won't pay more than x' bullshit that they tried with Fabregas.

RVP must sign a new contract or leave.

Seedorf will leave us tomorrow. Yay :D *bunch of gifs*

Meanwhile, Acerbi is really close, Zampa said that Balzaretti will stay at Palermo, Aquilani's agent said that he'll start the season with Liverpool, Cassano will decide after the Euros if he'll stay with us or leave, Galliani may convice Nesta to play another year for us. We are not doing anything useful so far. But Seedorf is leaving, so we'll be better next year.

According to someone on RAWK, Italian media is saying we've put in a €15m bid for
Fabio Borini. Any of our esteemed Italian studs want to check that out for me?

Would be a great signing if true.

I tried to look for any Borini-related transfer news, but the only thing that I've found is that he's still co-owned by Parma and Roma, and today they'll decide if they want to go on another year with this deal or buy him. I think that you'll have to wait at least until tomorrow, but I can see him leave both Roma and Parma for 15m. Hell, Roma thinks that he's worth around 4m, if Liverpool is trying to buy him for that much then this can be a closed deal really soon.

Also, it seems that both PSG and Hamburg are interested in him, but Liverpool made the highest bid so far. But really, by tomorrow (after the whole co-ownership stuff) everything will be much more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom