• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Sup bitches.

QXLr9mG.jpg

Arnie

Great title.

Can't work out if my shits relate to bacteria or Bafetimbi Gomis.

Either way Rossiter better play.

Messi

10382646_950574124971270_4413354557727045637_n.jpg

Dat Messi and Neygod fifa team. If they don't win the tourney I will be very upset.

That fucker Bartra is gonna win. I can feel it.

El Topo

Marvel finally announced a movie with a female main protagonist. For 2018. I guess I should be grateful we're getting a Captain Marvel movie at all.

I'm in Quebec.

How can I access these services online only? I'm looking to pay the least possible.
Fuck.

Rogers has Anyplace TV which is basically a streaming version that shows Sportsnet and TSN. No idea if you can buy only that since it's included with the standard cable package here.

bud23

Blatter: “It was a mistake to give Messi the Golden Ball in Brazil”

[“I think the decision was incorrect. I was surprised when I received the committee’s decision. They told me they had only looked at 10 of the players who took part in the final”, said Blatter to local press on his visit to Moscow for the presentation of the logo for the World Cup there in 2018.

Fifa is an absolute joke.

Incredible.

L1NETT

amazing how premfaces manage thread after thread to come up with even worse titles.

as folk always say jupp if ya got a better one feel free to say so before somebody makes a new thread rather than having a tizzy after the fact

what would yours have been?

Football Thread 2014/15 FC Augsburg are only |OT8|pts off the bottom of the table

:p

Blatter: Messi didn't deserve World Cup 2014's Golden Ball

The Swiss footballing chief said it was "incorrect" to give the Argentina forward the award in retrospect, despite his goalscoring heroics in World Cup 2014's group stage

Fifa president Sepp Blatter does not believe Lionel Messi deserved the World Cup 2014 Golden Ball award for being the best player at the tournament.

Quite a few eyebrows were raised when the Argentina forward was handed the award after his team were beaten in the final, despite having had relatively little impact compared to team-mates and opponents after the group stage - in which he had unquestionably starred.

Blatter, who has said in the past that he thought Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had deserved the accolade, slammed the award process only a few hours after Messi was named among the 23-man shortlist for the Fifa Ballon d'Or.

"I think the decision to give Messi the Golden Ball was incorrect," he told reporters at a press event in Moscow, Russia, as he inspected preparations for the next World Cup.

"I was surprised when I received the committee’s decision. They told me they had only looked at 10 of the players who took part in the final."

Messi has won the Ballon d'Or four times in his career, although in the past 18 months his stock has fallen somewhat, despite still being considered one of the greatest players in the world.

A silverware-free season in 2013-14 with Barcelona - aside from the Supercopa, which came more than 12 months ago - and a failure to skipper Argentina to World Cup glory makes a Ballon d'Or 2014 victory unlikely, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Arjen Robben and Neuer among the more favoured candidates.

Unbelievable. Guys mistakes happen, you know.
I personally thought Müller should've won it, he was amazing.

Didn't they just snub Suarez in the Balon d'Or?

Suarez's off the pitch behavior was crap which is part of the Balon D'or, but it's not like Messi isn't involved with tax crimes.

They're inconsistent. The selection process is a joke.

Even the manager award is crap. How did Klinsmann get selected for his world cup, but the Costa Rican manager get overlooked?

Elchele

as folk always say jupp if ya got a better one feel free to say so before somebody makes a new thread rather than having a tizzy after the fact

what would yours have been?

Football Thread 2014/15 FC Augsburg are only |OT8|pts off the bottom of the table

:p

There has been a lot of material coming for the Bundesliga and Serie A lately. The thing about he tiny fat indonesian man is good and could be adapted in a funny way to the title. Di Matteo getting a job was also worth getting a title, given how Di Matteo getting sacked was kind of a meme for a long time in our community. Or Pep hating women in power positions

There has been a lot of material coming for the Bundesliga and Serie A lately. The thing about he tiny fat indonesian man is good and could be adapted in a funny way to the title. Di Matteo getting a job was also worth getting a title, given how Di Matteo getting sacked was kind of a meme for a long time in our community. Or Pep hating women in power positions

It's just a fucking title, who gives a shit.

|OT8-7| Chelsea 1 would have made a great title but no one shares my terrible sense of humour that I'm frankly ashamed of

Sadly you can't fit in that many characters

Zabojnik

Gonna watch Sassuolo - Empoli. Mimmo and Zazo got this. Spirits should be high after the Parma win.

In other Serie A news, apparently Genoa's pitch is completely fucked up because of the recent floods (get well soon, Genoa). Expecting a real "spectacle" tomorrow.

noal

Banned
Lads I've just posted my first thread in OT. Please stop by and see what you think.

Just don't tell me what you think...

Top Bottom