• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

UMC5UPB.png

5CUYOj3.png

DBT85

Man United fan checking in!

Barcelona fans are welcome here? I am a legit real supporter.

You have to prove your real supporterness, because we are all #RealFans here.

How many players can a team have on the pitch at one time?

Messi

Man United fan checking in!

You have to prove your real supporterness, because we are all #RealFans here.

How many players can a team have on the pitch at one time?

I have no fucking idea, I only watch when barca win trophies.

Tubie

Wow, incredible job. One of the best OT's we've had in a while.

I specially love Costa pointing at us.

DBT85

Just remembered we have Bournemouth in the PL this year.

Hope they don't get spanked week in week out.

DBT85

Yeah I noticed how weird it looked on mobile. Will think of a way to change the design around that, but that's a future project.

I think if you just add a 1 pixel high full width image under one of the full width banners it might solve itself, as the page would have to display that image in it's entirety.

EDIT: maybe not.

Feorax

Two friendly's this weekend will be interesting. Wonder if Rodgers will fly back for Swindon, or if he'll let So'D manage it?

Lunar FC

I think if you just add a 1 pixel high full width image under one of the full width banners it might solve itself, as the page would have to display that image in it's entirety.

EDIT: maybe not.
Tried it but it didn't work. Nice idea though.

Two friendly's this weekend will be interesting. Wonder if Rodgers will fly back for Swindon, or if he'll let So'D manage it?

Wow, didn't even know about the Swindon match.

Why are we doing both on the same day when we could have done one on Wednesday? Even if we still intended to use the 2 different teams, would have given Rodgers more of a chance to oversee both of them

Find it a bit odd that we got Firmino done so early, and it looks like he won't be involved in any preseason games, regardless of the Copa America. Don't like having players making their debuts in competitive games, especially when they come from other leagues. Sometimes it takes time to integrate someone properly, especially attacking midfielders/forwards, and that run of opening fixtures isn't exactly ideal for that.

bjaelke

Why are we doing both on the same day when we could have done one on Wednesday? Even if we still intended to use the 2 different teams, would have given Rodgers more of a chance to oversee both of them

Find it a bit odd that we got Firmino done so early, and it looks like he won't be involved in any preseason games, regardless of the Copa America. Don't like having players making their debuts in competitive games, especially when they come from other leagues. Sometimes it takes time to integrate someone properly, especially attacking midfielders/forwards, and that run of opening fixtures isn't exactly ideal for that.

Firmino and Benteke will both play against Swindon.
Barça gonna win the sextuple.

Will quote myself in June when it happens.

We need to do pre-season predictions again.

LTWheels

Firmino and Benteke will both play against Swindon.

We need to do pre-season predictions again.

Really looking forward to seeing them to play.

I expect Benteke to start at Stoke, but Firmino on the bench.

Expect Lallan to start Stoke. Would like to see Ings start.

Tubie

AS reporting Van Gaal wants United to sell de Gea.

Makes sense if you're trying to build a long term team.

Nice OT duder! Two errors I noticed is the Google Docs at the bottom are all private so you can't access them and a small error being that the fantasy football on this thread isn't being done on Yahoo but on the official Barclays Premier League site.

Kickball seems like a fun sport. I'm in!

FUCK COSTA

I can't wait for him to fuck Arsenal into submission :p

Lunar FC

Kickball seems like a fun sport. I'm in!

FUCK COSTA

Check out his new biography that just dropped: The Art of War.

Nice OT duder! Two errors I noticed is the Google Docs at the bottom are all private so you can't access them and a small error being that the fantasy football on this thread isn't being done on Yahoo but on the official Barclays Premier League site.
Ye, I'll fix these real quick.

edit:fixed

Tubie

oCGQ2SS.png

There is no way Florentino doesn't get him this season.

I expect the transfer to be around 30m euros.

oCGQ2SS.png

does that not seem like way too much? I know fans really shouldn't care about the money stuff but 30m euros for someone who clearly is happy to join for free the next season just seems unnecessary.

Tubie

does that not seem like way too much? I know fans really shouldn't care about the money stuff but 30m euros for someone who clearly is happy to join for free the next season just seems unnecessary.

It's a lot but we haven't really spent any money this off season and the one position we need to improve is GK.

If we spent any money it should be on a GK. I don't trust Navas or Casilla as our starting GK.

Tubie

How legit is The Sun?

They are reporting City will pay Guardiola 27 million a year for 5 seasons starting in the 2016-2017 season and they will buy whoever Pep asks them to buy.

Lyng

To be honest if he can help United qualify for the chl and maybe even win the league then it would be much better for us to keep him and let him go for free next year. United need to stand firm and force Perez hand.

Gorlak

Banned
OP looks good, but is too big :(

Using a 15" Laptop:
zWxAjWU.png

Vwv80j1.png

If I zoom out, I get the idea of what it should look like:

Yh187nl.png

Anyway to improve? Nevertheless thanks for the effort :)

DBT85

oCGQ2SS.png

No way Real will pay 30m for a player with 12 months left and United can afford to take the hit and let him go for nothing if it means a year of him in goal provided he doesn't act like a twat, which he doesn't seem the type to.

OP looks good, but is too big :(

Using a 15" Laptop:

Anyway to improve? Nevertheless thanks for the effort :)

Buy a proper computer innit.

Lyng

No way Real will pay 30m for a player with 12 months left and United can afford to take the hit and let him go for nothing if it means a year of him in goal provided he doesn't act like a twat, which he doesn't seem the type to.

Buy a proper computer innit.

Pretty much.

Sky Sports have lost the rights to air La Liga games. FUCKING LOL!

Sky Sports 5...the home of E̶u̶r̶o̶p̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶p̶a̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ Championship Football!

Have we signed Muller yet?

Think we are gonna sign up to BT sport, I know SS have the most prem games but nothing else I'd watch as I'm not really into wrestling anymore.

BT have a lot of European leagues and NBA so that's good.

Jarnet87

Round 2 of The Philosphy begins Saturday. Good chance we same the same starting 11 van Gaal's been using the entire preseason. gonna be a scary 1st game against Tottenham.

Meier

You don't really look at the first page that often once the thread gets passed it so I don't think you need to worry about doing any re-formatting, Lunar. Looks sharp on my PC!

Here is City's starting XI vs Stuttgart:

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 28 seconds ago
CITY XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Mangala, Kolarov, Evans, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Bony, Sterling #cityontour #mcfc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom